WOW jaydee, that's a lot of Bolds laying around. You could open up your own store. lol
    03-11-11 05:26 PM
    So I used BB Boss to shrink a few things off my phone and bricked it.

Oh well...gonna reload 431 and shrink what I want this time. Too much wasted memory anyway.

I pulled the battery and am booting up again. Will edit this post if it is ok. If not...will reload 431 and shrink lightly.

Oh my!
    When did you start using BB Boss, I thought you used BBHybrids Tool.
    03-11-11 05:29 PM
    So I used BB Boss to shrink a few things off my phone and bricked it.

Oh well...gonna reload 431 and shrink what I want this time. Too much wasted memory anyway.

I pulled the battery and am booting up again. Will edit this post if it is ok. If not...will reload 431 and shrink lightly.

Oh my!
    I've had that problem with shrinking before loading and as we now hampster had it after loading earlier in the week. I haven't figured out what is causing it yet so if you have any insight let us know.
    03-11-11 05:34 PM
    I've had that problem with shrinking before loading and as we now hampster had it after loading earlier in the week. I haven't figured out what is causing it yet so if you have any insight let us know.
    I think it is missing the default background. Everything is white with black type. ah well. Here I go...
    How do i get bbm contacts back on correctly?
    03-11-11 05:46 PM
    I think it is missing the default background. Everything is white with black type. ah well. Here I go...
    How do i get bbm contacts back on correctly?
    I'm not sure why your not getting them back through a restore using DM. Have you tried restoring using BB Protect?
    03-11-11 05:51 PM
    Hmmmm...that's a coupla of bricked bolds in a coupla days. I think I'll stick to letting app loader do the work afte the boss is finished removing or adding anything. Hasn't failed me yet.
    03-11-11 05:53 PM
    jaydee, did DM ask you if you want to transfer the data from your old BB to your new BB? Also did all of them load onto your new one and is asking for you to reinvite them?
    03-11-11 05:56 PM
    jaydee, did DM ask you if you want to transfer the data from your old BB to your new BB? Also did all of them load onto your new one and is asking for you to reinvite them?
    Midd, i don't use DM to install. I have a backup file.
    What do you think I should do?
    wipe?
    Install 431 (I am shrinking too)
    Then restore via DM? That's what I have been doing. Selectively restore.
    H
    I had to reinvite them all because of the pin change no doubt.
    What do I do this time. Never used BB Protect and my bold is hosed so....
    03-11-11 06:02 PM
    Midd, i don't use DM to install. I have a backup file.
    What do you think I should do?
    wipe?
    Install 431 (I am shrinking too)
    Then restore via DM? That's what I have been doing. Selectively restore.
    H
    I had to reinvite them all because of the pin change no doubt.
    What do I do this time. Never used BB Protect and my bold is hosed so....
    I would try DM for restoring the BBM. You shouldn't have to reinvite everyone, I know I didn't when I switched BBs.

I just realized B Protect is probably PIN dependent so that would work anyway.
    03-11-11 06:12 PM
    I would try DM for restoring the BBM. You shouldn't have to reinvite everyone, I know I didn't when I switched BBs.

I just realized B Protect is probably PIN dependent so that would work anyway.
    Use DM how?
    03-11-11 06:20 PM
    When you connect to DM with a new device it should ask you if you want to transfer the data and setting from another phone. Select yes and it will have you hook up the old phone and download the data from it. Then it will have you connect the new one and transfer the settings, apps and messages to the new one. Once this is done you can back up the new one and run B Boss to shrink out the stuff you don't want. Or reinstall a preshrunk OS if you prefer.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-11-11 06:33 PM
    When you connect to DM with a new device it should ask you if you want to transfer the data and setting from another phone. Select yes and it will have you hook up the old phone and download the data from it. Then it will have you connect the new one and transfer the settings, apps and messages to the new one. Once this is done you can back up the new one and run B Boss to shrink out the stuff you don't want. Or reinstall a preshrunk OS if you prefer.
    Well I already installed a preshrunk 431 on it. Can I still hook them up like you said?
    03-11-11 06:36 PM
    Well I already installed a preshrunk 431 on it. Can I still hook them up like you said?
    I believe you can. I'm not sure if you can choose which stuff can be loaded but it might. Either way, you should still be able to do it.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-11-11 06:39 PM
    How did the process go jaydee?
    03-11-11 08:10 PM
    OK so, I am back up and running. Shrunk down 431 to my liking, used the device switch wizard and got all my BBM contacts back. Yay!!!

Watching the memory with no programs or themes on my phone. Should hear from Mobihand tomorrow so I will slowly add back.

I do have one problem. When I set up my work email, I inadvertently check to synchronize contacts. So now I have duplicates of everything.

Can I plug in to DM, delete the contacts database under Advanced and then restore selectively JUST my contacts?

I have already changed the syncho crap in BIS so it won't happen again. Does that make sense?
    03-11-11 08:12 PM
    I've been away for a few days and it's like the world has changed, so much has happened around here this week. Jaydee finally got a new device but it's going back for another CLN device, Pink, Hamster, Skybox are back on 431, Underway and Middbrew spent some time helping out Hamster and Jaydee, who sounded like she was starting to panic (Insert guns & tonics). Bob and Jim are here and steady as usual. Jim is still looking for another leak to try. The Dr. Prince show is off for a few days and you guys start your own soap opera with bad juju!! I'm gonna have to wrap some garlic around my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That'll learn ya to be gone from here! When I was gone for a few days the whole world turned upside down with holdouts jumping to BB6, then several of them started downgrading their OS and JayDee even started sitting in an editor's chair.

Garlic? Sounds like a good idea to me.
    03-11-11 08:22 PM
    I believe you can do that for your contacts jaydee. Glad you got your BBM contacts back!
    03-11-11 08:23 PM
    Morning everyone,
    Here's the rest of my Fractured Fairy Tale:
    So I get the wavy CLN and turn it on yesterday and get the PIN and go to Mobihand and arrange for a PIN swap because I will be wanting to put on my apps soon, right?
    Then I boot the damn thing up and...

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE REMAINDER OF THE STORY BOYS AND GIRLS?

You guessed it!
    I wiped the CLN and threw it back in the box from whence it came. Mobihand (despite an email from me later in the evening) went ahead and swapped my PIN out to the wavy CLN...which is now licensed to use all my 20 apps.

Today when I get another device, I will do the same and HOPEFULLY, they will just swap the pins and not be too concerned that this crazy-assed beyotch has done this for two days in a row!

Plus my old leaky device threw up errors about apps not being licensed and trial period ended and so on...so what I am using now works or barely works...and when I boot up I get java language error. Eh...This, too, shall pass.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ya think maybe you should boot the device up and be sure it is running before you swap pins? I usually do it as I DL the copies of the SW.
    03-11-11 08:25 PM
    Wow. Contract is up on your wife? And you're looking at a complete replacement/new model? Good luck!
    Well said 99!!!
    03-11-11 08:32 PM
    Well, its activated. Screen's ok. Restored my stuff. All my contacts are populating my list but no one is invited. I have to re-invite everyone? Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with that!!!
    In case someone has not answered this one, I would think you have to invite everyone because of the new pin. That is unless BBM is smart enough to realize what has just happened and somehow update your pin to all of your contacts. If it doesn't do it maybe it should.

By the way, I just remembered that I got a BBM invite from you earlier so somthing must have worked.
    03-11-11 08:44 PM
    Jim, This refurb...today's version...is much better than yesterday's version! I have 3 Bolds at home now. Wondering if VZW know how many I really have? LMAO

Still inviting everyone. Gonna shrink out some crapola a bit and then watch the memory while I wait for Mobihand. They contacted me so I think I will be good by tomorrow with apps.
    They know, you don't send them back and they bill you! As a matter of fact, they are all on your bill already waiting for you to send them back and get credited.

I had a situation early on where I replaced my original Bold, the NIB I got would not boot so they sent me another one which was actually delivered on a Saturday (You have to ask for it for them to do it). I sent both back promptly and when my bill came in there was a charge for one of the replacements that they had not credited. Thank God I had the details on the device and could give them the info and they found the they had received it and gave me the credit.

Moral of the story: Be sure you have all of the numbers off of the devices that you send back so that if it gets lost you can ID it. Be sure and keep the shipping reciept when you send it as well.
    03-11-11 08:56 PM

How much is this handful worth?
    03-11-11 09:50 PM

Not much if they've got leaky memorys and wavy screens.
    What a day eh?
    EDIT: You got us all beat JayDee with your 3 of a kind in the top pic. LOL!
    03-11-11 10:03 PM

I've been playing Texas Holdem and would love to get three of a kind every hand! lol

That's nice! You can ship one to me.
    03-11-11 10:15 PM
    I was thinking of making it my avatar!
    Update: 3 hours and only 5.6MB loss. And during that time I plugged into DM to delete my contacts and restore them again, and bbm.

So i'd say its looking a lot better right now. I need my apps and themes so we'll see what that loss looks like tomorrow.

I will keep track overnight and post in the am, too.
    03-11-11 10:27 PM
23,186 ... 493494495496497 ...