Pink, are you still having trouble with your QL reboot feature? If so, get meterberry (if you don't already have it). The new version also has a reboot feature. Just make sure you follow the instructions below to get that Security Timer Reset permission set to DENY. I bought meterberry for $3.99 and the reboot feature works well. You can reboot manually or set a time for it each day.

In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-11-11 01:50 PM
    OK guys!
    Got my phone booted up...it's got 431. YAYAA!!!!!
    Lit my candle to the gods of BlackBerry and opened a window for the bad juju to escape.

Activating now.
    Restoring selectively.
    Checking BBM and sending Hamster a message to check it out.
    Putting BBMeter on.
    Checking SCREEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN.
    Then going to Mobihand to get my PIN changed.

In that order.
    Wish me luck!
    03-11-11 02:19 PM
    OK guys!
    Lit my candle to the gods of BlackBerry and opened a window for the bad juju to escape.

Activating now.
    Restoring selectively.
    Putting BBMeter on.

In that order.
    Wish me luck!
    YaYYYYYYyaaaayyYYYYYaaayyy!

ok, blow the bad karma away!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    03-11-11 02:21 PM
    OK guys!

Activating now.
    Restoring selectively.
    Putting BBMeter on.

In that order.
    Wish me luck!
    No more Juju!! Juju bad..Juju all gone...
    03-11-11 02:28 PM
    Pink, are you still having trouble with your QL reboot feature? If so, get meterberry (if you don't already have it). The new version also has a reboot feature. Just make sure you follow the instructions below to get that Security Timer Reset permission set to DENY. I bought meterberry for $3.99 and the reboot feature works well. You can reboot manually or set a time for it each day.

In OS 4.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Security Options -> Application Permissions. In OS 5.X, go to Options (wrench) -> Applications.
    2. Highlight (don't click) MeterBerry.
    3. Press the BlackBerry key and select "Edit Permissions".
    4. Expand the "Interactions" section.
    5. Set the "Security Timer Reset" permission to "Deny".
    6. Press the Blackberry key and select "Save".
    7. Reboot your phone by removing the battery.
    Runkle, ty for this info. I will look into MB, but I have OS6. your instructions there were for 4.x and 5.0, I'm guessing this is OS6 compatible as well?

idk wtf is going on with QL. I've found a work around to get the reboot to work, it worked for Hamster, but its just bustin my chops

I can always resort to the 3 finger salute, or just like the old fashion way, physically pull the battery! WoW! What a concept! LOL

TY for your input, well appreciated
    03-11-11 02:28 PM
    Runkle, ty for this info. I will look into MB, but I have OS6. your instructions there were for 4.x and 5.0, I'm guessing this is OS6 compatible as well?

idk wtf is going on with QL. I've found a work around to get the reboot to work, it worked for Hamster, but its just bustin my chops

I can always resort to the 3 finger salute, or just like the old fashion way, physically pull the battery! WoW! What a concept! LOL

TY for your input, well appreciated
    Hey Pink..Mine did not work...I didn't do the work around, just set it as usual hoping my new install of the OS would make it magically work. But nope.
    I'm not even going to worry about it anymore. Just manually reboot.
    03-11-11 02:37 PM
    Well, its activated. Screen's ok. Restored my stuff. All my contacts are populating my list but no one is invited. I have to re-invite everyone? Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with that!!!
    03-11-11 02:40 PM
    Hey Pink..Mine did not work...I didn't do the work around, just set it as usual hoping my new install of the OS would make it magically work. But nope.
    I'm not even going to worry about it anymore. Just manually reboot.
    awwww schucks, you too? dammit! And the work around IS a BIG PITA to set up too. I'm getting to that point as well of just doing a manual reboot every morning, and not get a headache over this.
    03-11-11 02:41 PM
    Hi Jaydee,

I sent you a bbm message early this morning before I went to work. Did you receive it? Home now.
    03-11-11 02:43 PM
    Well, its activated. Screen's ok. Restored my stuff. All my contacts are populating my list but no one is invited. I have to re-invite everyone? Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with that!!!
    what? How did you restore your bbm contacts? did you do it remotely?

glad the screens ok

also Jaydee, if you have ALOT of contacts, they just miay need time to update. A battery pull may help too.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-11-11 at 02:52 PM.
    03-11-11 02:43 PM
    I did my selective restore and everything came in but I have to re invite all 55 people.
    sonofawhore
    03-11-11 02:55 PM
    phew...at least the screen is good to go. That did happen to me the first time I upgraded to OS6..though if you remember, yours was the only one I had to re-invite...IDK

awwww schucks, you too? dammit! And the work around IS a BIG PITA to set up too. I'm getting to that point as well of just doing a manual reboot every morning, and not get a headache over this.
    Not worth the trouble IMO. It takes no time to hit reboot through QL and bam it's done.
    03-11-11 02:55 PM
    Pink, Meterberry works fine for me with os 6.0.436 (the Alltel release). The instructions work for os 6 as well as 4 and 5.

Options to
    Device to
    Applications Management to
    Meterberry
    and then the rest of the steps.
    03-11-11 02:57 PM
    I did my selective restore and everything came in but I have to re invite all 55 people.
    sonofawhore
    ok, well you did everything right I'm sure of that. but WHY it would have you have to reinvite everyone is beyond me. I'm lost there on that one with ya.

did you try the batt pull to see if that jogs it by any chance?
    03-11-11 02:57 PM

Not worth the trouble IMO. It takes no time to hit reboot through QL and bam it's done.
    your right. I do have the 'reboot' option on QL for quick access, perhaps I will take your advice and go that route too

I do want to check out MeterBerry also.
    Pink, Meterberry works fine for me with os 6.0.436 (the Alltel release). The instructions work for os 6 as well as 4 and 5.

Options to
    Device to
    Applications Management to
    Meterberry
    and then the rest of the steps.
    Alright great runkle! I'll def check it out sometime over the weekend. I do have 2 or 3 more themes I want to get, and he!! while i'm at it i'll check this out too TYVM!
    03-11-11 03:00 PM
    You're welcome Pink. Have a great weekend everyone.
    03-11-11 03:11 PM
    I finally was able to log back in today. Just out of the blue started to work normally again. Most likely a CB issue that is now fixed.
    So JayDee, Are you still returning your refurb for the wavy screen or is it all good now with 431 installed? I hope your getting it straightened out. I saw your bbm invite so I'm thinking yes it's better. I've never seen such a rash of bad luck with devices. If you don't mind I won't be sending you to buy my lottery tickets
    Hope all is well as we all surely know how it is for us OCD'rs to not have everything right with our baby's. We DO feel your pain and frustration.
    I've been working on my taxes and now I'm DONE so I can Breathe
    03-11-11 03:37 PM
    I finally was able to log back in today. Just out of the blue started to work normally again. Most likely a CB issue that is now fixed.
    So JayDee, Are you still returning your refurb for the wavy screen or is it all good now with 431 installed? I hope your getting it straightened out. I saw your bbm invite so I'm thinking yes it's better. I've never seen such a rash of bad luck with devices. If you don't mind I won't be sending you to buy my lottery tickets
    Hope all is well as we all surely know how it is for us OCD'rs to not have everything right with our baby's. We DO feel your pain and frustration.
    I've been working on my taxes and now I'm DONE so I can Breathe
    Jim, This refurb...today's version...is much better than yesterday's version! I have 3 Bolds at home now. Wondering if VZW know how many I really have? LMAO

Still inviting everyone. Gonna shrink out some crapola a bit and then watch the memory while I wait for Mobihand. They contacted me so I think I will be good by tomorrow with apps.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-11-11 at 04:05 PM.
    03-11-11 03:54 PM
    Jim, This refurb...today's version...is much better than yesterday's version! I have 3 Bolds at home now. Wondering if VZW know how many I really have? LMAO

Still inviting everyone. Gonna shrink out some crapola a bit and then watch the memory while I wait for Mobihand. They contacted me so I think I will be good by tomorrow with apps.
    Are you going to know what to do with yourself when you get a working phone? You'll have to find a new reason to drink!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 04:20 PM

Ahh! I hadn't caught up to your 3rd one yet. Thought you were still on #2.
    Hope this one is the keeper then.
    03-11-11 04:20 PM

Jaydee, good to hear everything is going smoothly with this one so far. 3 bolds? lmao! Well, I guess 3rd times a charm!
    03-11-11 04:40 PM
    Ahh! I hadn't caught up to your 3rd one yet. Thought you were still on #2.
    Hope this one is the keeper then.
    Actually I have #s 2, 3, and 4 in my possession right now.
    03-11-11 04:51 PM
    Actually I have #s 2, 3, and 4 in my possession right now.
    FOUR?? Holy smokes girl. A lot happens in a New York minute around here.
    I was cruising the 9700 forum where they're talking about the latest 499 leak. It seems to be kinda meh for them. Thats dissappointing for them, but also for those of us(me)looking for another hybrid update. Oh well, My current hybrid is working very well. I don't mind sticking for awhile.
    03-11-11 05:03 PM
    Jaydee, I'm glad you're up and running with your replacement. Hopefully no wavy screen.
    03-11-11 05:16 PM
    So I used BB Boss to shrink a few things off my phone and bricked it.

Oh well...gonna reload 431 and shrink what I want this time. Too much wasted memory anyway.

I pulled the battery and am booting up again. Will edit this post if it is ok. If not...will reload 431 and shrink lightly.

Oh my!
    03-11-11 05:24 PM
23,186 ... 492493494495496 ...