I've been away for a few days and it's like the world has changed, so much has happened around here this week. Jaydee finally got a new device but it's going back for another CLN device, Pink, Hamster, Skybox are back on 431, Underway and Middbrew spent some time helping out Hamster and Jaydee, who sounded like she was starting to panic (Insert guns & tonics). Bob and Jim are here and steady as usual. Jim is still looking for another leak to try. The Dr. Prince show is off for a few days and you guys start your own soap opera with bad juju!! I'm gonna have to wrap some garlic around my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That might be required for the rest of the week!
    03-11-11 06:22 AM
    Morning everyone,
    Here's the rest of my Fractured Fairy Tale:
    So I get the wavy CLN and turn it on yesterday and get the PIN and go to Mobihand and arrange for a PIN swap because I will be wanting to put on my apps soon, right?
    Then I boot the damn thing up and...

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE REMAINDER OF THE STORY BOYS AND GIRLS?

You guessed it!
    I wiped the CLN and threw it back in the box from whence it came. Mobihand (despite an email from me later in the evening) went ahead and swapped my PIN out to the wavy CLN...which is now licensed to use all my 20 apps.

Today when I get another device, I will do the same and HOPEFULLY, they will just swap the pins and not be too concerned that this crazy-assed beyotch has done this for two days in a row!

Plus my old leaky device threw up errors about apps not being licensed and trial period ended and so on...so what I am using now works or barely works...and when I boot up I get java language error. Eh...This, too, shall pass.

Have a good day everyone.
    03-11-11 06:41 AM
    Morning all!

So much excitement going on here the last few days...I will be glad when this week of bad JuJu is over

Dr.Prince, we may need more than garlic...and we may need a show on how to recover from all this mess

On another note...I may try BB Boss again...yeah I know. I'm crazy to even consider it given what happened earlier, but hey, I can always reload the OS again since I'm an expert now , and have a daily back-up..
    So why not? This extra crap is just bugging me
    03-11-11 07:09 AM
    What is going on??? I go out for a couple of hours and Jaydee is having bbm issues (mine are not going through to her either), CB is acting all wonky ( I was logged in as well, but not really), P1nk is having QL trouble,
    Midd is actually gaining memory.....
    Woah....
    Really bad juju happening around here

Sorry for all the issues!

Now has anything been resolved???
    basically the sh*t hit the fan....all at once!

IDK WTF is going on with my QL, my daily reboots have stopped working...again muther trucker!
    This is a known issue, mine does the same thing. There was a discussion about it, can't remember if it was in the Ramblins or another thread. Don't understand why this happens.
    Thanks Bob, and I do apologize if it was covered here already. For some reason I kinda rem some jibber on it but couldnt pin point it. So, thanks for confirming this, i fig'd it was some glitchy type thing.
    I have another question, I seem to have missed all the discussions related to .443 and several of you reverting back to .431. What goes?

Personally I have had no problems with .443 with the .450/.466 hybrid overlay. It seems to be running very well. I'd be intrested to hear what when down.

Also, I want to know what the best OS5 version is out there right now, I'm setting up my old Tour 9630 for my wife. She is still thinking about using it but I'm hoping she chooses to do it, she is due an upgrade in June and I want her to see if she like a BB or not. She has made noises that she may like a touch screen device; however, I want her to have some experience before we go to the store to get her a device. She is using an old dumb LG phone and is making noises about something else since somewone mentioned something to her about it being ancient. Of course the fact that I had suggested to her that she upgrade to something better was useless, it had to come from someone other than me!
    Bob, 443 was running OK on my device. Right out the gate though, I had a c/p issue with Bolt and had to stop using it. I reverted to the oem browser by zooming in/out, that got frustrating after a while. Tried Jim's method and my browser started to have crash issues, so squashed that option. I did have a few media files disappear on me on 443, but not like the major issues Hamster had! she'd loose everything all of a sudden and hae to reboot. I think I rem her saying she was rebooting almost every hour to get the files back. Her & i threw the towel in the same day and reverted back to 431. which so far, has been pretty stable. I hope it stays that way!

As for OS5, I had both 975 and 1006 on my bold. 1006 is only avil thru OTA VzW though, a boo-boo on my part that i did. BUT 1006 if you can find it runs well. 975 was pretty stable as well, so basically either or would be suffiecient.

I've been away for a few days and it's like the world has changed, so much has happened around here this week. Jaydee finally got a new device but it's going back for another CLN device, Pink, Hamster, Skybox are back on 431, Underway and Middbrew spent some time helping out Hamster and Jaydee, who sounded like she was starting to panic (Insert guns & tonics). Bob and Jim are here and steady as usual. Jim is still looking for another leak to try. The Dr. Prince show is off for a few days and you guys start your own soap opera with bad juju!! I'm gonna have to wrap some garlic around my BB!

the Doctor is back! We need a show ASAP! All this "muck" in the air needs to be pushed away! FAST!

GARLIC!! Are there vampires amonst us?
    03-11-11 08:45 AM
    Morning all!

So much excitement going on here the last few days...I will be glad when this week of bad JuJu is over

Dr.Prince, we may need more than garlic...and we may need a show on how to recover from all this mess

On another note...I may try BB Boss again...yeah I know. I'm crazy to even consider it given what happened earlier, but hey, I can always reload the OS again since I'm an expert now , and have a daily back-up..
    So why not? This extra crap is just bugging me
    Your brave woman! I think I would've scared the be-jesus outta me and not try it again for another year! lol!

well, good luck you are becoming quite the expert in the os loading dept!
    03-11-11 08:47 AM
    Hey Ramblers !! I'm gonna be abandoning ship on my bb for a while. Contracts are up on my wife and my phone. I got over ruled on the bb so I am going to the droid. I will always be a BLACKBERRY man though. That old saying is true about if the wife is not happy then nobody in the household is happy. Maybe I can change her mind down the road. I will still gewt on here and chat with yall. Blackberry rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-11-11 09:53 AM
    I would like to ask a question for the experts. I only have 207mb left on my Bold 9650 OS6.0.0.415 the leak has been contained to a mear 7mb loss per 14hr day and I have 25 apps and 21 themes, shouldn't I have more memory left on my phone?
    03-11-11 10:16 AM
    I would like to ask a question for the experts. I only have 207mb left on my Bold 9650 OS6.0.0.415 the leak has been contained to a mear 7mb loss per 14hr day and I have 25 apps and 21 themes, shouldn't I have more memory left on my phone?
    Depends on what you started with Spencer. On the refurb I got yesterday, there was a FULL install of OS6 (no shrinking) and I started with 239MB so you are sitting about right if you did no shrinking either.

Now personally, I have 297 or 300 after my apps are ON (same number of apps and themes as you) because I shrink things out.

Depends on what is important to you. If you wanna see a large memory number then shrink.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-11-11 10:30 AM
    Hey Ramblers !! I'm gonna be abandoning ship on my bb for a while. Contracts are up on my wife and my phone. I got over ruled on the bb so I am going to the droid. I will always be a BLACKBERRY man though. That old saying is true about if the wife is not happy then nobody in the household is happy. Maybe I can change her mind down the road. I will still gewt on here and chat with yall. Blackberry rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck getting answers to your questions. You'll have to post in Android Central from now on.
    03-11-11 10:31 AM

Wow. Contract is up on your wife? And you're looking at a complete replacement/new model? Good luck!
    03-11-11 10:42 AM
    Anyone who does not have a copy of NewGlass Theme and wants one, go over to BlackBerry Empire and look for my post about the theme. You must register and post in the forums 5 times. I got those codes right now to send to you!!
    It really is a cool theme....
    Now what I really want is BBT's Gloss.....Any word on if you can get freebies for that one? Lol!
    03-11-11 10:43 AM
    Wow. Contract is up on your wife? And you're looking at a complete replacement/new model? Good luck!
    LMAO!!!! OMG...Hilarious!
    03-11-11 10:44 AM
    Depends on what you started with Spencer. On the refurb I got yesterday, there was a FULL install of OS6 (no shrinking) and I started with 239MB so you are sitting about right if you did no shrinking either.

Now personally, I have 297 or 300 after my apps are ON (same number of apps and themes as you) because I shrink things out.

Depends on what is important to you. If you wanna see a large memory number then shrink.
    THANKS, JayDee you the best. I didn't shrink on purpose and I'm pretty stable without all the problems that incur with OS6. Except the managable 7mb loss per day.
    03-11-11 10:45 AM
    I agree with jaydee, it depends on how much memory you started with. It sounds like you have a full install of the OS on your device. I shrink every OS before I install and I have 292MB free.

03-11-11 10:45 AM
    Your brave woman! I think I would've scared the be-jesus outta me and not try it again for another year! lol!

well, good luck you are becoming quite the expert in the os loading dept!
    Brave or stupid? Seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do..Just toying with the idea...It works for everyone else here, so something must have gone goofy...IDK....
    03-11-11 10:46 AM
    I agree with jaydee, it depends on how much memory you started with. It sounds like you have a full install of the OS on your device. I shrink every OS before I install and I have 292MB free.

I did get rid of all unused languages, and stuff I just don't have a need for. As long as I'm in the ballpark for a normal memory range thats good. Just don't want the problems I read about
    03-11-11 10:51 AM
    Brave or stupid? Seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do..Just toying with the idea...It works for everyone else here, so something must have gone goofy...IDK....
    weeeellll...make sure you do a full back up before proceeding if you do, just in case something goes wonky again, which i really hope doesn't! I haven't installed Boss2.2 yet, its still sitting in a folder on the desktop homepage of my laptop. I'll get to it one of these days....
    03-11-11 10:53 AM
    weeeellll...make sure you do a full back up before proceeding if you do, just in case something goes wonky again, which i really hope doesn't! I haven't installed Boss2.2 yet, its still sitting in a folder on the desktop homepage of my laptop. I'll get to it one of these days....
    Ha! i've been backing up daily since the incident earlier. Just in case, I lose my mind and try again
    03-11-11 10:55 AM
    Ha! i've been backing up daily since the incident earlier. Just in case, I lose my mind and try again
    lmao! after that happened to you the other day, i was like oh sh*t and started backing up every day too!

my norm to back up was like, once a month IF i rem'd even to do that
    03-11-11 10:59 AM

so let me get this straight, because your contracts are up, instead of just staying with what your happy with, your gonna abandon ship and get a whole new device?

I'm not sure i understand, but ok. Enjoy
    03-11-11 11:15 AM
    Anyone who does not have a copy of NewGlass Theme and wants one, go over to BlackBerry Empire and look for my post about the theme. You must register and post in the forums 5 times. I got those codes right now to send to you!!
    Thanks for the tip jaydee. I'll head over there in a few. I only have three posts right now so adding two more should be a problem.

03-11-11 11:27 AM
    so let me get this straight, because your contracts are up, instead of just staying with what your happy with, your gonna abandon ship and get a whole new device?

I'm not sure i understand, but ok. Enjoy
    I know that I've already hit this, but I have to ask: If you're replacing your wife, why put your BlackBerry in a drawer? Priorities, pal, prioroties!
    03-11-11 11:31 AM
    I know that I've already hit this, but I have to ask: If you're replacing your wife, why put your BlackBerry in a drawer? Priorities, pal, prioroties!
    Exactly, put the wife on ice and keep the berry.
    03-11-11 11:45 AM
    Sure is. You don't keep them but so long. Lol

03-11-11 11:45 AM
    Exactly, put the wife on ice and keep the berry.
    LMFAO!!!
    10stupidchars
    Sure is. You don't keep them but so long. lol
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-11-11 at 12:12 PM.
    03-11-11 12:10 PM
23,186 ... 491492493494495 ...