Jaydee, BB protect might be another option to restore your BBM, depending on how it works and if you downloaded it. And yeah my bbm isn't going thru to you. I'm stuck on the new wavy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 06:54 PM
    OK after I typed the last message I figured I had to go to BIS. So I validated all my email except work...don't know why it ont work. SO I deleted it. And now email is flowing.

BBM is a different story. Some people are there..all the names are there. but with OLD pictures and I have no update message...it's not the right BBM account, I just know it isn't. Do I plug into, go to DM use my ipd backup and add BBM back from a selective restore?
    I would use either the BB Protect or the selective restore using DM. You should also be able to transfer it over from your old BB using DM as well.
    03-10-11 07:00 PM
    Just thought I would share my MeterBerry stats. I have never seen a memory increase before.

03-10-11 07:02 PM
    Just thought I would share my MeterBerry stats. I have never seen a memory increase before.
    Typically, I'll get an increase after I delete an app or a theme. Since I loaded this 466(480-481) hybrid again, my memory management has been great. I'm losing less than one MB a day. Since I'm trying and deleting a lot of new themes, I'm seeing some memory increases if I catch MB at just the right time.
    03-10-11 07:06 PM

HA! i KNOW i'd never see an increase on mine! LOL mine likes the minus sign too much,lol.
    03-10-11 07:07 PM
    Sorry for all your problems Jaydee. I finally got logged in, but it's only working on IE8 so far, not chrome which I like better. Had to come around thru the back door. Everything was fubar. My laptops browsers, BB browser. Everything but BOLT. I don't mind having to re-log in, but this is ridiculous. Rant over
    Jim the same thing was happening to me. Log in, go to forums, it tells me to log in. I go to log in and it says I am already logged in.

WTF?????
    03-10-11 07:20 PM
    Jim the same thing was happening to me. Log in, go to forums, it tells me to log in. I go to log in and it says I am already logged in.

WTF?????
    very strange indeed. I'm on a-holes on line (aol) lol, and I had no prob logging in. It had to be the maintenance CB was doing then.

So Jaydee, is everything ok with your Bold now? Are you back up and running all together now? (i hope) at least for the time being....
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-10-11 at 07:28 PM.
    03-10-11 07:22 PM

WTF?????
    I had to close and reopen my browser three or four times to get past that. Even after clearing cookies. Log out of CB, then close the browser window, and clear at least the cookie for CB. Then log into CB again. You might have to logout and log back in several times to make it work right. I wonder what they "improved"?
    03-10-11 07:25 PM

WTF?????
    I had to close and reopen my browser three or four times to get past that. Even after clearing cookies. Log out of CB, then close the browser window, and clear at least the cookie for CB. Then log into CB again. You might have to logout and log back in several times to make it work right. I wonder what they "improved"?
    That's about what I had to do as well. I'm guessing it was such a small bug fix that we will never really know.
    03-10-11 07:31 PM
    ok, idr if this was already cover so someone just slap me around if it was lol.

QL, some of my themes don't have a key shortcut, so I included SMS in my QL for when I use those ones that don't. Now, I know I'm not loosing my mind, when I open QL and click SMS, it give me my main msg folder first, then flashes to my SMS inbox. I do my tx or whatever, and then backing out, i have to do that twice because the first click of back out I get the sms inbox, the 2nd click i get the main msg box, and finally click back to home screen.

does this happen with anyone else?

on another note, I really can't believe how many probs you guys are having loggin in to CB
    03-10-11 07:31 PM
    Sorry for all your problems Jaydee. I finally got logged in, but it's only working on IE8 so far, not chrome which I like better. Had to come around thru the back door. Everything was fubar. My laptops browsers, BB browser. Everything but BOLT. I don't mind having to re-log in, but this is ridiculous. Rant over
    Jim, when I got here a little while ago it appeared that I was not logged in. The bottom of the screen said that I could not post, etc, etc, etc. Tried to login but kept cyling back to the same page I was on when I clicked login. Finally found a logout button and when I did that and then pressed the login again it took me to the login screen and here I is. What a PITA.

Now, do any of you use BT to sync with DM? I have a BT module on my laptop and my device connects to it; however, when I try to use DM with BT it tells me that the BT on the laptop is not compatible, does not have the proper capabilities. WTH is going on? If any of you use BT, let me know. I'm going to get more details on the error messages and post in the main forum if none of you know the answer.
    03-10-11 08:03 PM
    What is going on??? I go out for a couple of hours and Jaydee is having bbm issues (mine are not going through to her either), CB is acting all wonky ( I was logged in as well, but not really), P1nk is having QL trouble,
    Midd is actually gaining memory.....
    Woah....
    Really bad juju happening around here

Sorry for all the issues!

Now has anything been resolved???
    03-10-11 08:06 PM
    ok, idr if this was already cover so someone just slap me around if it was lol.

QL, some of my themes don't have a key shortcut, so I included SMS in my QL for when I use those ones that don't. Now, I know I'm not loosing my mind, when I open QL and click SMS, it give me my main msg folder first, then flashes to my SMS inbox. I do my tx or whatever, and then backing out, i have to do that twice because the first click of back out I get the sms inbox, the 2nd click i get the main msg box, and finally click back to home screen.

does this happen with anyone else?

on another note, I really can't believe how many probs you guys are having loggin in to CB
    This is a known issue, mine does the same thing. There was a discussion about it, can't remember if it was in the Ramblins or another thread. Don't understand why this happens.
    03-10-11 08:33 PM
    I have another question, I seem to have missed all the discussions related to .443 and several of you reverting back to .431. What goes?

Personally I have had no problems with .443 with the .450/.466 hybrid overlay. It seems to be running very well. I'd be intrested to hear what when down.

Also, I want to know what the best OS5 version is out there right now, I'm setting up my old Tour 9630 for my wife. She is still thinking about using it but I'm hoping she chooses to do it, she is due an upgrade in June and I want her to see if she like a BB or not. She has made noises that she may like a touch screen device; however, I want her to have some experience before we go to the store to get her a device. She is using an old dumb LG phone and is making noises about something else since somewone mentioned something to her about it being ancient. Of course the fact that I had suggested to her that she upgrade to something better was useless, it had to come from someone other than me!
    03-10-11 08:50 PM
    I have another question, I seem to have missed all the discussions related to .443 and several of you reverting back to .431. What goes?

Personally I have had no problems with .443 with the .450/.466 hybrid overlay. It seems to be running very well. I'd be intrested to hear what when down.

Also, I want to know what the best OS5 version is out there right now, I'm setting up my old Tour 9630 for my wife. She is still thinking about using it but I'm hoping she chooses to do it, she is due an upgrade in June and I want her to see if she like a BB or not. She has made noises that she may like a touch screen device; however, I want her to have some experience before we go to the store to get her a device. She is using an old dumb LG phone and is making noises about something else since somewone mentioned something to her about it being ancient. Of course the fact that I had suggested to her that she upgrade to something better was useless, it had to come from someone other than me!
    Bob,
    P1nk and I and a couple of others (I can't remember who) were having issues with .443.
    For me it was my media files (sd card) kept disappearing. I would have to reboot, they would come back, and then disappear again. And it was getting very laggy for some reason.
    I think for P1nk she had copy/paste issues with Bolt and some other things as well.
    So, I went back to .431 and it is running fine...my media is all there and it's pretty snappy. Strangely though .443 works well on some devices..just not mine.

As for OS 5, I started with .975 and then I had to replace the device and it came with .1006 and it ran just as well. .1006 came on device shipped after Dec last year and was required in order to upgrade to OS6. And I think .1006 was only available OTA - I could be wrong.
    Get your wife stared on the Tour and when the Bold Touch comes along, she'll have her touch and BB all in one!
    And they always listen to others...we don't know anything
    03-10-11 09:06 PM

Of course the fact that I had suggested to her that she upgrade to something better was useless, it had to come from someone other than me!
    SOP. I think it's in the wife manual. Not in the girlfriend book. Girlfriend 1.0 works great out of the box. Conversely, Wife 2.0 requires a lot of trial and error, despite reading the book (written in ancient Greek, BTW). It's a VERY small book, for something so complex...
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-10-11 at 09:17 PM.
    03-10-11 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the tip Bob. Tried it, but it thinks I'm logged in so the log out button is nowhere around. I'm stuck with bolt if I want to post anything. Even my laptop is fubar for CB.
    On another note, I see a 6/499 leak for the 9700. Hopefully another hybrid soon. Might fix my browser.

03-10-11 09:08 PM
    We had a discussion the other day about using BB Boss 2.2 to shrink the OS that has already been loaded on your device. Well, I tried it and it really works. I was able to get rid of VAD, I've been trying to shrink that d** thing out of the OS before loading for some time without success; however, it is now GONE! I got back 20+ MB of space after dumping VAD and a few other niggly things that I've been wanting to get rid of.

So, the long and the short of it is that BB Boss works directly on your device, albeit a bit slow.
    03-10-11 09:12 PM

Also, I want to know what the best OS5 version is out there right now, I'm setting up my old Tour 9630 for my wife.
    My issues with 443 were with memory management and lag. Both seemed to get worse the longer I used it. I tried Shane's 443(450-466) hybrid, but the problems persisted. After I dropped to 436, I loaded his 466(480-481) hybrid with 6.1 files. That didn't last very long -- battery life for me was awful. Then I dropped to 431 until I reloaded the 466(480-481) hybrid without 6.1. So far, it's running great.

As to the Tour OS, I have 975 loaded on my daughter's Tour. It just runs and runs. It gets rebooted about two or three times a month, normally after she has forgotten to charge the battery and I have to give her a fresh one on her way to school. They learn young to blow us off...
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-10-11 at 09:18 PM.
    03-10-11 09:15 PM
    Bob,
    P1nk and I and a couple of others (I can't remember who) were having issues with .443.
    For me it was my media files (sd card) kept disappearing. I would have to reboot, they would come back, and then disappear again. And it was getting very laggy for some reason.
    I think for P1nk she had copy/paste issues with Bolt and some other things as well.
    So, I went back to .431 and it is running fine...my media is all there and it's pretty snappy. Strangely though .443 works well on some devices..just not mine.

As for OS 5, I started with .975 and then I had to replace the device and it came with .1006 and it ran just as well. .1006 came on device shipped after Dec last year and was required in order to upgrade to OS6. And I think .1006 was only available OTA - I could be wrong.
    Get your wife stared on the Tour and when the Bold Touch comes along, she'll have her touch and BB all in one!
    And they always listen to others...we don't know anything
    Thanks Hamster, I was kind of thinking about the Bold Touch as an option.

Yeah, been married to my current wife for almost 20 years, 21 with the first one and you are ablsolutely right, "We don't know nuttin."
    03-10-11 09:20 PM
    SOP. I think it's in the wife manual. Not in the girlfriend book. Girlfriend 1.0 works great out of the box. Conversely, Wife 2.0 requires a lot of trial and error, despite reading the book (written in ancient Greek, BTW). It's a VERY small book, for something so complex...
    And since I am on wife 3.0 (2nd one) you think I would have that figured out, but nooooooooooooooooo!
    03-10-11 09:22 PM
    And since I am on wife 3.0 (2nd one) you think I would have that figured out, but nooooooooooooooooo!
    Hmm, so it's not just me. I'm on wife 4.0 (3rd one ) and still don't have it figured out.
    03-10-11 09:31 PM
    Thanks for the tip Bob. Tried it, but it thinks I'm logged in so the log out button is nowhere around. I'm stuck with bolt if I want to post anything. Even my laptop is fubar for CB.
    On another note, I see a 6/499 leak for the 9700. Hopefully another hybrid soon. Might fix my browser.

We had a discussion the other day about using BB Boss 2.2 to shrink the OS that has already been loaded on your device. Well, I tried it and it really works. I was able to get rid of VAD, I've been trying to shrink that d** thing out of the OS before loading for some time without success; however, it is now GONE! I got back 20+ MB of space after dumping VAD and a few other niggly things that I've been wanting to get rid of.

So, the long and the short of it is that BB Boss works directly on your device, albeit a bit slow.
    Jim, I finally used CCleaner on my pc and that seems to clear out whatever crap was lying around. Then I was able to finally get it.

Bob, I too dumped a hybrid 443 450-466 because it started breaking down on me. I had no copy/paste for some things from the beginning but didn't mind. But it started getting laggy, lots of hourglassing and my $ key didn't work anymore. I got tired of it and switched.

I have used BB Boss to shrink right off the phone. In fact, I will be doing that with my new replacement phone (annother one you say?) when it comes tomorrow.

Well, I MIGHT wait until Saturday to start shrinking things out. It came today with only 239MB of space.

I usually have 20 apps and 20 themes and still have 302MB.

SO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I got a lotta BB Bossing to do!!! LMAO!!!!
    03-10-11 09:37 PM
    I've been away for a few days and it's like the world has changed, so much has happened around here this week. Jaydee finally got a new device but it's going back for another CLN device, Pink, Hamster, Skybox are back on 431, Underway and Middbrew spent some time helping out Hamster and Jaydee, who sounded like she was starting to panic (Insert guns & tonics). Bob and Jim are here and steady as usual. Jim is still looking for another leak to try. The Dr. Prince show is off for a few days and you guys start your own soap opera with bad juju!! I'm gonna have to wrap some garlic around my BB!

Last edited by princebb; 03-10-11 at 11:01 PM.
    03-10-11 10:59 PM

WTF?????

Had the same issue just now. I deleted my cookies for Crackberry and all is well. I bet they ran some type of update to the forum that caused this. I have seen it happen before on other forums. A cookie clearing normally solves the problem.
    03-10-11 11:06 PM
23,186 ... 490491492493494 ...