it shakes and is wavy like the refresh rate on a CRT monitor.
    I had to go back to the default theme and now I don't see it.
    I'm gonna try a few themes and see if it still does that. If its a hardware issue like Skyboxer says (we're on bbm) I will have to activate my old phone and call them to replace THIS one.

God damn juju
    oooh, i understand what you mean now! dammit! i'm sorry Jaydee. what i don't understand is why setting a theme would affect it.
    03-10-11 04:31 PM
    I'm gonna try a few themes and see if it still does that. If its a hardware issue like Skyboxer says (we're on bbm) I will have to activate my old phone and call them to replace THIS one.

God damn juju
    Oh god, Jaydee...sorry! Wow this has to be so frustrating for you.
    If that happens on a regular monitor, it usually is the hardware (used to work for Dell)....and it usually gets replaced.. This is all I can offer.

Really bad week with all this juju going on
    03-10-11 04:34 PM

God damn juju
    WOW, that would suck to get your new phone and have to send it back already. I would give it a couple of battery pulls and try the custom themes again. Hopefully it is just the new phone needs to settle in.
    03-10-11 04:37 PM
    I got VZW on the land line and we are going to re-activate my leaky bold and send back the CLN wavy screen phone.
    I am nearly SCREAMING on the phone to him. He has to ASK A SUPERVISOR!!!!
    He might better use the time to pay up his life insurance.

And even Tier 2 help doesn't know what a REFRESH RATE is...
    God Save the Queen!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-10-11 at 04:49 PM.
    03-10-11 04:38 PM
    I got VZW on the land line and we are going to re-activate my leaky bold and send back the CLN wavy screen phone.
    Get his name! I might take out a policy, easy money.
    03-10-11 04:41 PM
    omg, are they freakin kidding me? It really seems VzW cust svc has been getting worse and worse lately.

I hope he has good life insurance
    (sorry, i'm just trying to lighten the mood, i know how p!ssed off disappointed and frustrated you must really be )
    03-10-11 04:42 PM

God Save the Queen!
    oh boy! I wouldn't want to be that guy..He has to ask to do this? WTH?
    Heck, I wouldn't want to be VZW at this point
    03-10-11 04:58 PM

God Save the Queen!
    Wavy screens are not unheard of with blackberries. My 8900 had it when pressing the back button. Screen ripple is another term for it. Has something to do with the screen having pressure put on it.

I wonder if this is gonna keep you from loading it down and trying to make it leak? Since its going back, treat it like a rental!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-10-11 05:02 PM

God Save the Queen!
    Will they let you exchange the bad replacement at a store? If not, are they at least overnighting a new one BEFORE they receive the bad one?

EDIT: Never mind. Got it covered, I see.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-10-11 at 05:18 PM.
    03-10-11 05:08 PM
    Wavy screens are not unheard of with blackberries. My 8900 had it when pressing the back button. Screen ripple is another term for it. Has something to do with the screen having pressure put on it.

I wonder if this is gonna keep you from loading it down and trying to make it leak? Since its going back, treat it like a rental!

Oh I'm gonna ride this bronco into the ground!
    Will do total restore and load all my apps and see if it leaks.
    then security wipe and send back?
    New one coming tomorrow
    03-10-11 05:12 PM
    Whats up with the site? Maint or something? If so I hope they're not done because my BB browser is now even slower on CB than before and can't sign in either. I cleared the cache and still crappy slow and no log in. I press log in and it just takes me back to the home screen. Had to resort to bolt to post this. Hope it gets better. Last I saw JayDee had a wavy screen ? Thats different. How frustrating. I hope you can get that resolved.

03-10-11 05:19 PM
    New one coming tomorrow
    i agree, work it, let it run like a b!tch, wipe it and send it packin!

although, what IF, a big IF, the browser "straightens" itself out by some meer chance AND theres NO LEAK....then what? keep it?

Hoping for better luck tomorrow for the other one their sending you!
    03-10-11 05:19 PM
    Whats up with the site? Maint or something? If so I hope they're not done because my BB browser is now even slower on CB than before and can't sign in either. I cleared the cache and still crappy slow and no log in. I press log in and it just takes me back to the home screen. Had to resort to bolt to post this. Hope it gets better. Last I saw JayDee had a wavy screen ? Thats different. How frustrating. I hope you can get that resolved.

CB must be doing something, on my laptop about an hour ago I got a gateway 504 timed out error

As for Bolt, I reverted back to that when I reloaded 431.
    03-10-11 05:23 PM
    So now when I press log in, it says I'm already in , but I'm not really. If I try to post it tells me to log in then I go to the log in page and it says I'm in, but I'm not. So I'm dizzy now. LOL.
    I'm also clueless, Think I'll check out my laptop.

03-10-11 05:40 PM
    New one coming tomorrow
    Yup. Wipe and ship.
    03-10-11 05:50 PM
    So now when I press log in, it says I'm already in , but I'm not really. If I try to post it tells me to log in then I go to the log in page and it says I'm in, but I'm not. So I'm dizzy now. LOL.
    I'm also clueless, Think I'll check out my laptop.

LOL, Jim I'm dizzy just from reading that!
    03-10-11 05:54 PM
    Can someone please help me?
    I lost all my BBM contacts.
    I mean I have a backup but I get old pictures etc.
    WHat do I do and no email is coming through to my device.

I had the ***** activate my old leaky phone. But ppl are still bbming me on the new wavy screen phone.

Help please. I am beside myself now.
    03-10-11 06:07 PM
    I have found the techs at VZW to be slightly usless, and I say slightly cause just last night I had to call them cause my FB and all Verizon apps dissapeared. He told me to turn off, do a batt pull and then when that didn't work he sent me the service book and we were fixed.

However, I have dealt with the dumb and dumber, so now I always go into the store, they can't be that dumb in person, and there is always someone else to ask. And if they don't work with you start talking loudly so everyone in the store can hear you are upset (I have witnessed, not done this) and to shut you up they give you what you want.

And FWIW I have had no trouble logging in to CB but I may be catching it when it is working right.

03-10-11 06:08 PM

I had the ***** activate my old leaky phone. But ppl are still bbming me on the new wavy screen phone.

So its your old phone that needs the bbm contacts? Whatever phone has the right contacts, do another SD card backup and swap it to the other phone. Once the contacts are loaded up you can put whatever card u want in.

03-10-11 06:16 PM

Ok, Jaydee, first try to calm a bit. Now, they activated your leaky bold correct? Ok, for your email, log into your BIS account and make sure your pin# matches the bold your using. lets start there. And if the pin# matches the leaky bold your using, resend your service books, that may help also.,

the bbm thing, perhaps a battery pull will start to update the pix.
    03-10-11 06:16 PM

1. About the BBM contacts -- after you restore from your backup, it may take a while for the pictures/avatars to update. Give it some time.
    2. As to your email -- resend your service books. If that doesn't do it, have Big Red push the service books from their end. It sounds like maybe your old phone was not properly registered on the network. Try resending your device registration (OPTIONS/DEVICE/ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS/HOST ROUTING TABLE/REGISTER NOW).

That should also deal with the BBM headed to your new phone, too.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-10-11 06:21 PM
    OK after I typed the last message I figured I had to go to BIS. So I validated all my email except work...don't know why it ont work. SO I deleted it. And now email is flowing.

BBM is a different story. Some people are there..all the names are there. but with OLD pictures and I have no update message...it's not the right BBM account, I just know it isn't. Do I plug into, go to DM use my ipd backup and add BBM back from a selective restore?
    03-10-11 06:24 PM
    OK after I typed the last message I figured I had to go to BIS. So I validated all my email except work...don't know why it ont work. SO I deleted it. And now email is flowing.

BBM is a different story. Some people are there..all the names are there. but with OLD pictures and I have no update message...it's not the right BBM account, I just know it isn't. Do I plug into, go to DM use my ipd backup and add BBM back from a selective restore?
    ok good email is flowing, 1 prob down, 1 more to solve.

as for the bbm, I've never used the DM to restore that way, but that should work. I would think. use your most recent back up so you have up to date contact list for bbm. Also, as Underway pointed out, it may need a bit of time to update as well.

someone chime in if i'm wrong.
    03-10-11 06:30 PM
    Sorry for all your problems Jaydee. I finally got logged in, but it's only working on IE8 so far, not chrome which I like better. Had to come around thru the back door. Everything was fubar. My laptops browsers, BB browser. Everything but BOLT. I don't mind having to re-log in, but this is ridiculous. Rant over
    03-10-11 06:49 PM
    Even though email is flowing, I think that the device registration is the key here. Recall that BBM and PIN messaging goes directly though RIM's servers. If RIM doesn't have your old PIN re-registered, BBM won't work right. If registering from your phone won't work, then have Big Red do it.
    03-10-11 06:53 PM
23,186 ... 489490491492493 ...