It isn't because you hadn't registered it. It is a free program, the developer just has the request for donations set to pop up a lot. I have used it a couple of times to shrink out stuff from an OS that is loaded on the phone without a problem.

When you calm down (maybe in a day or two) you might try again and remove some of those thing one at a time.

I took out all the media files and the DoD and everything when as planned. So I'm baffled by your issue.
    Hmm... so what went wrong, i wonder? All I did was open BB Boss, connect my device - which it detected correctly, checked those items and clicked...
    It was accessing phone....and then rebooted and whamo
    Oh well...
    a day or 2? Maybe a week

You are definitely becoming a pro at loading an OS. A pro will have loaded several OSs, bricked a phone at least once, and given some advice about it.
    Well, I'm getting there!! lol!

Just restored what was missing.....Feel so much better now. I can Breath!!!
    03-09-11 01:35 PM
    Let me tell you, I'm becoming a pro at loading OS's
    Yes - I was pretty stressed out, but thank god for Midd and Underway!

Thanks P1nk...I can create quite the excitement can't I?
    Not to worry - I had help...
    Those stupid extras is what got me in trouble...they will remain on my phone from now on.

Right - Here's the update. Had to go get my son (which I was late for and had to have a friend pick him up as my device was still rebooting and I didn't want to leave it in case...)
    But I digress...

Here's the deal:
    Rebooted back with the fugly default theme (this has never happened in any other install - always rebooted with the one I had selected)
    Lost my contacts in address book
    Lost my calendar entries
    Lost my sms messages
    Lost my email messages
    Lost my BBM contacts (but was able to restore through device)

So I will now go back to DM and restore what I can.

FWIW, I don't think it was BB Boss...seems like I hadn't registered...I dontated and started the process, and it was doing it's thing, but I think it was because of my not registering - haven't received a code yet.
    So could that be it?

So there you have it!
    I can't believe what a mess I made of things...
    o.m.g. my jaw just dropped.....wth happened then? jeez.... at any rate, I'm glad it all worked out. man, i would've been outta my head too. You def are getting quite the experience with loading os's, thats for sure ok, no more touchie the phonie for today! lol.
    03-09-11 01:42 PM
    Hmm... so what went wrong, i wonder? All I did was open BB Boss, connect my device - which it detected correctly, checked those items and clicked...
    It was accessing phone....and then rebooted and whamo
    Oh well...
    a day or 2? Maybe a week

Well, I'm getting there!! lol!

Just restored what was missing.....Feel so much better now. I can Breath!!!
    i had the defibilator on stand by just in case hamster, lol

TG! I'm glad everything is restored and your back up to par now.
    03-09-11 01:44 PM
    o.m.g. my jaw just dropped.....wth happened then? jeez.... at any rate, I'm glad it all worked out. man, i would've been outta my head too. You def are getting quite the experience with loading os's, thats for sure ok, no more touchie the phonie for today! lol.
    Heck if I know, P1nk...I didn't do anything that I wasn't supposed to
    I was outta my head!! Believe me, if I had had a real gun and tonic here, I would have been all over it!
    I don't ever want to load an OS again. Well for a little while anyway

i had the defibilator on stand by just in case hamster, lol

TG! I'm glad everything is restored and your back up to par now.
    Thanks - that difibulator sure does come in handy doesn't it?? lol!
    Yes - am glad that it all is ok now. My last back-up was from Sun, so I am missing a few days stuff, but that's ok - no biggie. Good thing I was able to remember what I had entered in my calendar.

No touchie phonie for a long time....

Thanks everyone! You guys rock!
    03-09-11 01:56 PM
    You did everything like you should have so no worries there. You just got baptized into the world of messing with your phone by bricking it.

My last back-up was from Sun, so I am missing a few days stuff, but that's ok - no biggie. Good thing I was able to remember what I had entered in my calendar.
    This is a good lesson, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS backup you device before doing anything with it. I backup mine daily even if I'm not going to mess with it.

Hey, isn't that what we're here for?
    03-09-11 02:07 PM
    Well glad things worked out for Hamster.
    I told you I have bad juju.
    I was late coming home from my meeting (which was awful, BTW) and MISSED the Fed Ex guy so no phonie today for me either!

Maybe tomorrow.
    Will sign the slip and leave it on my door and I can do the whole thing tomorrow. I need to relax anyway.Today was wayyyyy too stressful to mess with my phone.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-09-11 at 02:53 PM.
    03-09-11 02:30 PM
    You did everything like you should have so no worries there. You just got baptized into the world of messing with your phone by bricking it.

This is a good lesson, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS backup you device before doing anything with it. I backup mine daily even if I'm not going to mess with it.

Hey, isn't that what we're here for?
    Lol! Somehow I feel honored to having bricked my phone
    And yes - in my haste to shrink - I did forget to do a backup...won't happen again, you can count on that

Awww....I love this place

I was late coming home from my meeting (which was awful, BTW) and MISSED the Fed Ex guy so no phonie today for me either!

Maybe tomorrow.
    Will sign the slip and leave it on my door and I can do the whole thing tomorrow. I need to relax anyway.Today was wayyyyy to stressful to mess with my phone.
    Thanks, Jaydee...talk about stress. Am all set up again...re-registered all my
    apps (again), set up my themes, my contacts are back...all is right with my world again
    And tomorrow we will be with you!!!!!
    03-09-11 02:49 PM
    I was outta my head!! Believe me, if I had had a real gun and tonic here, I would have been all over it!
    I don't ever want to load an OS again. Well for a little while anyway

Thanks - that difibulator sure does come in handy doesn't it?? lol!
    Yes - am glad that it all is ok now. My last back-up was from Sun, so I am missing a few days stuff, but that's ok - no biggie. Good thing I was able to remember what I had entered in my calendar.

No touchie phonie for a long time....

all ended well, tg. I'm going to get in more of a habit of backing up my phone perhaps weekly. As it is right now, I'm lucky I remember to do it once a month

Maybe tomorrow.
    Will sign the slip and leave it on my door and I can do the whole thing tomorrow. I need to relax anyway.Today was wayyyyy too stressful to mess with my phone.
    well, not for nothing Jaydee, but the way this day has gone, perhaps its better your not dealing with your ph tonight, especially after a stressfull parent/teacher meeting. Tomorrow will be a new day, fresh start. look forward to dealing with it then
    03-09-11 04:06 PM
    Really. And the strange thing is, the meeting is not for me. It's never about me. I am a union rep so I am representing someone else. You know me; I gotta be in everyone's Biz-ness.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Ah, some good news: I got a free copy of NewGlass today and also Pink Glitter Nebula, and Suddenly Spring.

Seems after the drought...all 3 themers want me to review their themes!
    Oh and BlackBerry Empire will be running a giveaway for free themes...tonight starting with NewGlass. I have 10 copies to give away.
    Very nice, jaydee! You'll be too busy reviewing and writing to think about your phone, right?
    03-09-11 04:45 PM
    that sounds like great news Jaydee! 3 more themes to use and review the Pink Glitter Nebula one sounds nice, where could I look for it to check it out? EDIT; I found the Pink Glitter Nebula
    I have NewGlass, in fact I'm running it right now-its very nice it has 2 hidden docs, one activates with alt+* and closes with alt+# to 6 icons, the other opens up by clicking a hotspot -->the date, and it opens the main msg folder, bbm, tx msg & calendar. The bottom can show 3 icons of your choice as well
    I think you'L like it
    Here's a peak of my home screen-

I didn't take a shot of the other screen because of my calendar stuff, idk how to block it out, sorry.

So I hope this will help you a bit too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-09-11 at 05:49 PM.
    03-09-11 04:45 PM
    Really. And the strange thing is, the meeting is not for me. It's never about me. I am a union rep so I am representing someone else. You know me; I gotta be in everyone's Biz-ness.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Ah, some good news: I got a free copy of NewGlass today and also Pink Glitter Nebula, and Suddenly Spring.

Seems after the drought...all 3 themers want me to review their themes!
    Oh and BlackBerry Empire will be running a giveaway for free themes...tonight starting with NewGlass. I have 10 copies to give away.
    Hi Jaydee,

How do I go about trying for that free NewGlass theme? Thanks dear!
    03-09-11 05:28 PM
    Hi Jaydee,

How do I go about trying for that free NewGlass theme? Thanks dear!
    I believe the NewGlass theme give away is over at BlackBerry Empire.
    03-09-11 07:20 PM

Notice Meterberry's display of Time Till Death in the lower right corner? I doubt it will actually go that long, but I'm so glad to have my new 2600 battery!

03-09-11 07:45 PM
    Dunn da da da.....dunn!!!!! My memory leak is caused by....my Battery Ex skins. Not Battery Ex itself, I ran the default all night after a reboot and my Memory did go down, but stopped and did not go down any furthur. So I put on a skin this morning and, swoop! There went my memory.

Berry Weather is on sale today, gonna buy it finally, and watch the rest of my memory dissapear after I start installing the skins for it. Lol.

A true "junkie"

03-09-11 07:45 PM
    Dunn da da da.....dunn!!!!! My memory leak is caused by....my Battery Ex skins. Not Battery Ex itself, I ran the default all night after a reboot and my Memory did go down, but stopped and did not go down any furthur. So I put on a skin this morning and, swoop! There went my memory.

Berry Weather is on sale today, gonna buy it finally, and watch the rest of my memory dissapear after I start installing the skins for it. Lol.

A true "junkie"

hi Essex So, you've found the root of your leak eh? I have to say I'm in shock that the BattEx skins are effecting your bb! They don't effect mine, and it never ceases to amaze me how different each device reacts to the same things. It is baffling

I can't image what your mem will be like once you start using custom BW sets. Keep us posted on how that goes if it affects your bb or not, I'm interested in hearing about it I can say that's the root of my mem leak, if I use the default icons, my mem is pretty stable and I don't lose much at all, maybe 5mb over a day or 2, but I enjoy using them, as does Jaydee & Hamster, so we deal w/it. Daily scheduled reboots thru QL lol.

Keep us posted Essex!

03-09-11 08:28 PM
    I have to say that I have always suspected BattEx and BeWeather user created icon sets and skins as the culprits. But when I tested them, I never got the answers I was looking for. So starting tomorrow, with my new device, I am going to narrow down the causes of my leaks.

Start with the OS, QL and BB Meter and then move to BeWeather next.
    Then BattEx. We shall see.
    03-09-11 08:36 PM
    hi Essex So, you've found the root of your leak eh? I have to say I'm in shock that the BattEx skins are effecting your bb! They don't effect mine, and it never ceases to amaze me how different each device reacts to the same things. It is baffling

I can't image what your mem will be like once you start using custom BW sets. Keep us posted on how that goes if it affects your bb or not, I'm interested in hearing about it I can say that's the root of my mem leak, if I use the default icons, my mem is pretty stable and I don't lose much at all, maybe 5mb over a day or 2, but I enjoy using them, as does Jaydee & Hamster, so we deal w/it. Daily scheduled reboots thru QL lol.

Keep us posted Essex!

Well we ran our own little experiment, and for P1nk and I it was more the BW icons than anything...but eh, what you gonna do? I like changing them up as P1nk said so I say leak away Bold!

BTW - guess what, P1nk? Have to set up QL AGAIN. And yes, probably do that whole procedure for the scheduled reboots you found for us AGAIN.
    03-09-11 08:37 PM
    Well we ran our own little experiment, and for P1nk and I it was more the BW icons than anything...but eh, what you gonna do? I like changing them up as P1nk said so I say leak away Bold!

BTW - guess what, P1nk? Have to set up QL AGAIN. And yes, probably do that whole procedure for the scheduled reboots you found for us AGAIN.
    Does the backup and restore for QL not work for you? Mine even saves my keycode, which is something NO other app does, and should.

03-09-11 09:39 PM
    Does the backup and restore for QL not work for you? Mine even saves my keycode, which is something NO other app does, and should.

No, that works, even the keycode (which is nice)...It's the scheduled reboot that doesn't work, even if I have all the permissions set to allow.
    P1nk found a way to get around that, but it's a PITA to set up.
    03-09-11 09:44 PM
    No, that works, even the keycode (which is nice)...It's the scheduled reboot that doesn't work, even if I have all the permissions set to allow.
    P1nk found a way to get around that, but it's a PITA to set up.
    Ok I see. I don't schedule reboots myself, I just give it the 3 fingers as needed.

03-09-11 09:48 PM
    Ok I see. I don't schedule reboots myself, I just give it the 3 fingers as needed.

Lol! I can't do that 3 finger thing..I've tried but I look all dorky trying it

Pss...do you only have 3 posts left before becoming a GENIUS!!!...Go Skyboxer!
    03-09-11 09:51 PM
    Lol! I can't do that 3 finger thing..I've tried but I look all dorky trying it

Pss...do you only have 3 posts left before becoming a GENIUS!!!...Go Skyboxer!
    Really? I use WAP so much I didn't know! I suppose I should find something to say then!

03-09-11 09:57 PM
    Really? I use WAP so much I didn't know! I suppose I should find something to say then!

Find a thread and just say something, even if it's been said! Or post a couple of screenshots-):

03-09-11 10:05 PM
    Well I seem to have more to say here than anyplace else. There is a pretty good group of regulars here, and the H8TRs stay away for the most part. So this seems to be the perfect place for me to put post #1500. I just hope being a crackberry genius doesn't mean I have to stop being a crackberry smart@$$

03-09-11 10:42 PM

Keep us posted Essex!

I will keep you posted, of course, but first...I need to add some sets, where do I find them? How do I do it?

I have to say that I have always suspected BattEx and BeWeather user created icon sets and skins as the culprits. But when I tested them, I never got the answers I was looking for. So starting tomorrow, with my new device, I am going to narrow down the causes of my leaks.

Start with the OS, QL and BB Meter and then move to BeWeather next.
    Then BattEx. We shall see.
    I stumbled upon this. I did a three button reboot cause my phone was a little wonky, when it came back on it did not reload the skin I had on right away and I noticed it didn't drain the memory so I set it to default and watched it. Yes my memory decreased but only a small amount and then it stayed there the rest of the night. I put a new skin on this morning and it all dissapeared, pretty quick too.

I will keep on keeping on too, I like the way it looks. I do wish it was a little more than just asthetic (battex) but if it really drives me nuts it is on my choping block. I will need to purchase Quick launch, I will wait for it to be on DOD again though.
    03-10-11 12:02 AM
23,186 ... 487488489490491 ...