Jaydee...I use the Foppa7 theme for OS6 a lot and really like it. I have both the 6 and 8 icon options downloaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 12:41 PM
    Thanks TJ. I have a couple of Foppas on my device as well so I will probably do some screen shots of 7 and 20, I think those are the two I have!

Thanks for the input!!!
    03-08-11 12:45 PM
    You're welcomed Jim
    But Hamster and I are going to use BB Boss ver 2.0 like Jimi Said. We can use it to shrink stuff AFTER it is loaded on your phone!!!
    So we don't have to do our installs over. run Boss over the loaded OS and delete away...Jimi said it works so that's what I'm gonna do with my new phone...as soon as I get it!
    I think we're on the same page here. It's what I did to add BBM that time. It doesn't actualy reload your os. I "rambled" a bit to much in my post and probably confused everyone. When you use it it only goes to the first part of the app loader not the second, longer part of the process, only making the changes. It does work great!
    03-08-11 12:54 PM
    You're welcomed Jim
    But Hamster and I are going to use BB Boss ver 2.0 like Jimi Said. We can use it to shrink stuff AFTER it is loaded on your phone!!!
    So we don't have to do our installs over. run Boss over the loaded OS and delete away...Jimi said it works so that's what I'm gonna do with my new phone...as soon as I get it!
    yes! AFTER! If I can avoid re-installing everything, I'm all for it.
    Let me know when you have done it, so I can do it as well

I think we're on the same page here. It's what I did to add BBM that time. It doesn't actualy reload your os. I "rambled" a bit to much in my post and probably confused everyone. When you use it it only goes to the first part of the app loader not the second, longer part of the process, only making the changes. It does work great!
    Ahhh...ok - good. I so didn't want to do everything all over again
    03-08-11 01:22 PM
    So, Jaydee, any word on your replacement device yet? Email? Delivery perhaps?

03-08-11 05:14 PM
    So, Jaydee, any word on your replacement device yet? Email? Delivery perhaps?

No and No.
    Maybe tomorrow? WTF? I have to call to see if they sent the package?
    03-08-11 06:11 PM
    No and No.
    Maybe tomorrow? WTF? I have to call to see if they sent the package?
    ooh man. yea, i would give a call and ask for a tracking# also
    03-08-11 06:30 PM
    You're welcomed Jim
    Just to let you guys know BB Boss has a newer version out. BB Boss v2.2 http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...e-here-590367/
    03-08-11 06:37 PM
    Just to let you guys know BB Boss has a newer version out. BB Boss v2.2 http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...e-here-590367/
    hey Midd! Thanks, the 2.2 is the link JimiMack posted a page or 2 back because his was the link i clicked and have it on my desktop of my laptop waiting to be installed. I think Jaydee typed 2.0 by mistake.

03-08-11 06:48 PM
    Middrew, have you ever taken files off a bb with BB Boss? Is it just like BBSAK, more or less?

Oh and my phone won't be here for a few days!!!
    Good thing I got mine running well again. The rep said it needed special approval from a supervisor. (Probably because I said they owed me one and I wouldn't pay with my ins deductible). So it will be shipped tonight or tomorrow and I will get a tracking number. So maybe by Friday? Whatever, I have nights free all week so no matter. When it comes, I start the process. Maybe take Friday off to do it. Or save it till Friday night and stay up all night to do it... Hey an all-nighter plus gun& tonics!! WooHoo
    03-08-11 06:52 PM
    Middrew, have you ever taken files off a bb with BB Boss? Is it just like BBSAK, more or less?

Good thing I got mine running well again. The rep said it needed special approval from a supervisor. (Probably because I said they owed me one and I wouldn't pay with my ins deductible). So it will be shipped tonight or tomorrow and I will get a tracking number. So maybe by Friday? Whatever, I have nights free all week so no matter. When it comes, I start the process. Maybe take Friday off to do it. Or save it till Friday night and stay up all night to do it... Hey an all-nighter plus gun& tonics!! WooHoo
    a few days?! Good thing you got your bb running right is right! I don't understand why they would've had to get special approval to send you a replacement, something just doesn't make sense to me sometimes! None the less, at least its being processed and hopefully you'll have it by the end of this week.....and then the gun and tonics can flow smoothly while you swap things out. Oh gosh, I can't imagine how much you have on your mind 'preparing' to do all this, I'd be a head case all week long loosing sleep and looking like a zombie by Friday! Lol. Nevermind the gun and tonics, I'd need a whole damn bottle of whiskey!

03-08-11 07:03 PM
    Bob, you missed it! I am an editor at BlackBerry Empire and I write reviews of themes for OS6. In my signature is a link. If you go there and type in themes in the search box, you will no doubt see my reviews. You better start hanging around here more often!!
    Interesting, they certainly got the right person to write the reviews, "The Ramblin Queen of Themes"!

I like your review of Gradient so I have DL'd it and am now running it on my baby.

I think I have missed some other of Al3azim's themes, going to have to do a search and DL project to be sure that I have them all.
    03-08-11 07:04 PM
    Bob, right now Al has 10 themes avail for OS6:
    Gradient, Around, Deuce, NewBerry, Xpress, Random, Dark Tril, SideBar, Framed & Slide.

This may help you when you do a search so you have the name of them

03-08-11 07:09 PM
    Yes I have taken files off the BB using BB Boss. It is actually easier than BBSAK. All you need to do is check the items you want to remove an that's it. As you know with BBSAK you have to know which CODs you want to remove. With some apps and stuff having several CODs it isn't always that easy to get all the ones you need off the BB.
    jaydee5799 and underway99 like this.
    03-08-11 07:16 PM

When you figure out how to take the files of the device using this boss thing, let me know will ya? I've got it installed and ready to go...
    And this whole getting approval thing sucks imo. We'll be having several rounds there with you girlfriend...it's like we're all in this together! lol!

Interesting, they certainly got the right person to write the reviews, "The Ramblin Queen of Themes"!

I like your review of Gradient so I have DL'd it and am now running it on my baby.

I think I have missed some other of Al3azim's themes, going to have to do a search and DL project to be sure that I have them all.
    Oooh, Bob...you must get them all...the only trouble will be deciding which to go with...right now I am loving Gradient and Around. But of course the oldies but goldies - Newberry and DT are great as well.
    Have fun DL and setting them up
    03-08-11 07:18 PM
    When you figure out how to take the files of the device using this boss thing, let me know will ya? I've got it installed and ready to go...
    All you need to do is check the box next to the files or apps you want removed and click on the Direct Shrink on Phone. It's that simple.
    03-08-11 07:22 PM
    All you need to do is check the box next to the files or apps you want removed and click on the Direct Shrink on Phone. It's that simple.
    Ok, forgive me here...So I connect bb to pc, run bb boss, and it will come up with the files/apps I want to shrink out of it? Is it that easy?
    Remember...total newbie here with this stuff
    03-08-11 07:26 PM
    Yes, it should start with the tab that displays all the stuff you can shrink out. Check the box next to the files you are wanting to get rid of and click on the Direct Shrink on Phone. Pretty nice program IMO.

You can also backup 3rd party apps, take screen shots, install a hybrid (some hybrid builders are making files just for this program), and create JAD files to post OTA.
    03-08-11 07:34 PM
    Yes, it should start with the tab that displays all the stuff you can shrink out. Check the box next to the files you are wanting to get rid of and click on the Direct Shrink on Phone. Pretty nice program IMO.

You can also backup 3rd party apps, take screen shots, install a hybrid (some hybrid builders are making files just for this program), and create JAD files to post OTA.
    wow. that is cool. Thanks Midd!
    One more question - are the files easily identifiable..meaning I will know exactly what I am getting rid of? Don't want to delete something that I shouldn't, you know Other wise I'll be needing a whole pitcher of guns and tonics...
    03-08-11 07:38 PM
    Woo Hoo! My phone just shipped!!
    I got the email. I will track in the am and keep everyone posted.
    Who is starting the pool for bets...will this cure the leaks or not?

Oh and Hamster, I just plugged in my phone and used BB Boss ver 2.2...yes I typed it wrong before!
    And I deleted a couple of things off my phone. I am gonna like this very much. I will start with a full install of OS6 (there's a first time for everything) and then shrink it off the phone...

Easy Peasey.
    Thanks Jimi and Middbrew and RR.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-08-11 at 07:53 PM.
    03-08-11 07:41 PM
    Yes, they are named (e.g., Startup Video, Google Talk, etc). They are also grouped under headings that you can click to get rid of whole groups of stuff like Languages (FYI, if you get rid of these it will not get rid of English).
    03-08-11 07:44 PM
    LOL. I've got a fiver on a cure!
    03-08-11 07:45 PM
    Yay!!! I can't wait for you to set it up, lol! I'm just as anxious

Yes, they are named (e.g., Startup Video, Google Talk, etc). They are also grouped under headings that you can click to get rid of whole groups of stuff like Languages (FYI, if you get rid of these it will not get rid of English).
    Thank-you so much!! Sounds like even I couldn't mess this up...
    Regardless, my nerves will be shot,lol!

LOL. I've got a fiver on a cure!
    I'm in
    03-08-11 07:49 PM
    I think if you use the "boss" shrinker app you can selectively delete what you want and reload via app loader. You need to have the same os installed on your pc thats on your BB obviously. I did this to add an app once and it worked great, was very fast and didn't mess up anything else, just reloaded my BBM, which I had shrunk out by mistake. I would do this again in a heartbeat as it was quick and painless. Deleting would be the reverse of adding as I did, and while I have not tested this,(only added) it seems plausible enough since it worked the other way.
    I think Jim is right in that you can delete stuff off of your BB with apploader. I'm not entirely sure that running BB Boss is necessary, I think what you do is run apploaser and check the ones you want removed, it will then remove them. When you check the installed apps it will show delete/remove on the screen.

To do this, you need to have the same OS on your PC, in the same configuration as you used to originally load the OS.

This is not like a reload, you won't have to re-enter app auth codes or anything like that.

Disclaimer: I'm writing this from memory and recolection of what happens and what I have read, have not actually had the need to do this at this; however, I'm sure that I read somewhere that this is how you can delete apps from your BB without having to do a reload.
    03-08-11 07:51 PM
    I think Jim is right in that you can delete stuff off of your BB with apploader. I'm not entirely sure that running BB Boss is necessary, I think what you do is run apploaser and check the ones you want removed, it will then remove them. When you check the installed apps it will show delete/remove on the screen.

To do this, you need to have the same OS on your PC, in the same configuration as you used to originally load the OS.

This is not like a reload, you won't have to re-enter app auth codes or anything like that.

Disclaimer: I'm writing this from memory and recolection of what happens and what I have read, have not actually had the need to do this at this; however, I'm sure that I read somewhere that this is how you can delete apps from your BB without having to do a reload.
    This is very correct Bob, you can remove apps from your BB with apploader. However, if you are wanting to remove the startup video or languages, or default backgrounds BB Boss is a useful tool.
    03-08-11 07:57 PM
23,186 ... 484485486487488 ...