That Gloss one from BBT that everyone is using is pretty sweet but 5.99, the other is Pure y by Pure-lab, they don't have any themes for OS6 I don't think.

Does this help? Is this the kind of info you were looking for Jaydee?
    Thanks Essex. Yes, I just want ideas on who to contact. Not having a lot of luck tho...
    Thanks for the info.
    03-08-11 08:54 AM
    [fffQUOTE=jaydee5799;6116181]Jim, I haven't even gotten an email about it being shipped yet. Don't they usually send one of those? Maybe I'm not getting the phone for a couple days...[/QUOTE]

my mistake then, but thought the other day the verizon tech told you it was an overnite shipment. Hopefully a nice surprise for you today, That'd be sweet. Did you tell them that you're "ramblin' royalty?" I mean they need to know they're not just dealing with plain Jane.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 09:01 AM
    [fffQUOTE=jaydee5799;6116181]Jim, I haven't even gotten an email about it being shipped yet. Don't they usually send one of those? Maybe I'm not getting the phone for a couple days...
    my mistake then, but thought the other day the verizon tech told you it was an overnite shipment. Hopefully a nice surprise for you today, That'd be sweet. Did you tell them that you're "ramblin' royalty?" I mean they need to know they're not just dealing with plain Jane.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

HAHA the only royalty I am is a royal PITA!!!
    She said it would be there in a couple of days. I figured she was on crack cause they usually overnight them. But I haven't heard anything yet!
    Anyway, my device on 431 is behaving much better. My 4 key works again, so does copy/paste. The leak iss till there but it rebooted this am.

I'm wondering if 443 just broke down a little...
    Jim, if I do not shrink as many are suggesting I do, can I remove all the games, languages, and PTT, City ID, App Center all that ****e from the handset? Or do I have to run DM to do that?
    03-08-11 09:27 AM
    I see where P1nk won a theme. She didn't get in on the free won from Jaydee but she won it today !! Hooorah.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-08-11 09:34 AM

HAHA the only royalty I am is a royal PITA!!!
    She said it would be there in a couple of days. I figured she was on crack cause they usually overnight them. But I haven't heard anything yet!
    Anyway, my device on 431 is behaving much better. My 4 key works again, so does copy/paste. The leak iss till there but it rebooted this am.

I'm wondering if 443 just broke down a little...
    Jim, if I do not shrink as many are suggesting I do, can I remove all the games, languages, and PTT, City ID, App Center all that ****e from the handset? Or do I have to run DM to do that?[/QUOTE]

Jaydee... I remember getting an email when my replacement was shipped. Hopefully you will get the notification today.

.431 is behaving for me as well....haven't lost my pics or skins, and it's pretty smooth again. One thing I forgot to mention is that I did take my media card out and put it back ...thought maybe it wasn't in there right and that is why it wasn't "reading"...don't know if that was it, but now everything is cool.

I have the same question about deleting that stuff after the fact..can it be done? Don't want them and don't use them.

As for themes...is there a way I can share my themes with you? like send you the file or something???
    Cuz I won the newglass, and I could send you Sheath if that is possible...
    03-08-11 09:34 AM
    hamster, you can share themes. All you have to do is log into your mobihand account and find which theme you want to download, hit the green download arrow and then you can send that theme to any email you wish.
    Now although you can do this, it is highly unethical as the theme developers work VERY hard on there themes and giving them out for free im sure would not make them happy. My feelings are you could do this (and jaydee could review the theme and delete it right away) but if jaydee contacts a certain theme developer and they do not give her a free copy, they prolly dont want a review and therefore having her review it is probably not in the best interests.
    03-08-11 09:45 AM
    JfayDee, re using DM to remove stuff, I thought you had some better results using BBsak for that task. I only use DM as a source for backups, so not sure about removals. I'd think it would work tho. I seem to have issues sometimes using BBsak myself. I added BBM once when I shrunk it by mistake by simply going back to the boss and unchecking it then running app loader again. It loaded only BBM and was really quick and left everything else as it was.
    You culd try that in reverse and remove instead. Maybe the rest would be unchanged as it worked for me.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-08-11 at 09:58 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-08-11 09:55 AM
    Jaydee, you can use this new release below and shrink the OS on your PC or on the phone it's self. I have used it on .431 with great success both ways. It seems to remove more, after shrinking and installing the OS and a few apps I was able to show 326mb free memory available.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bb...e-here-590367/
    03-08-11 10:05 AM
    I see where P1nk won a theme. She didn't get in on the free won from Jaydee but she won it today !! Hooorah.

Hi all! Yes Buford, I did- I won the Graffiti Six theme I put in for the other day!! I'm sooo happy! they will prob contact me sometime this week to give me my copy

On top of that, I dwld CrackberryBrandon's Full Screen theme and I'm enjoying that AND I've just purchased NewGlass by TechRevive! So its been quite a "theme-ing" day for me!

Jaydee, I know they told you overnight, and hopefully when you arrive home you will have a package waiting for you and of course, isn't it Murphy's Law or Freudian, something, that now your device is "behaving" itself! It knows your ready to ship its @$$ outta here and replace it!LOL

Either way, good luck with the new device. As for deleteing certain pre-installed VzW crApps, some you can do thru the App Management screen on your bb. Others are just stuck on there, as I'm sure you know.
    03-08-11 10:10 AM
    Hi all! Yes Buford, I did- I won the Graffiti Six theme I put in for the other day!! I'm sooo happy! they will prob contact me sometime this week to give me my copy

On top of that, I dwld CrackberryBrandon's Full Screen theme and I'm enjoying that AND I've just purchased NewGlass by TechRevive! So its been quite a "theme-ing" day for me!

Jaydee, I know they told you overnight, and hopefully when you arrive home you will have a package waiting for you and of course, isn't it Murphy's Law or Freudian, something, that now your device is "behaving" itself! It knows your ready to ship its @$$ outta here and replace it!LOL

Either way, good luck with the new device. As for deleteing certain pre-installed VzW crApps, some you can do thru the App Management screen on your bb. Others are just stuck on there, as I'm sure you know.
    Yay...Now look who's become a theme junkie lol! And you thought I needed spring cleaning??? LMAO
    I tried the FullScreen theme as well...I liked it! And I'm really enjoying NewGlass....so glad I won it!

I know that some stuff you can delete through app management which is cool.
    I was wondering though if I could delete the languages, the intro video etc..
    I did that last time when I upgraded to .443 through apploader, but when I downgraded back to .431 I used DM and it doesn't give you that option.
    So, can I do it after I have the OS already installed?
    03-08-11 10:26 AM
    Hamster as far as the languages idt you can delete from your device, you'd have to reload using app loader I believe. someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

LOL! I know! I'm on a theme fiz today! Idk wth is wrong with me screw cleanin out da closet! Lmao!

Btw, on the NewGlass one, it says the "$" is a shortcut to sms but it won't work on mine-did it work for you? Thanks.

As for 431, so far seems to be running nicely here to so far

03-08-11 10:34 AM
    Hamster as far as the languages idt you can delete from your device, you'd have to reload using app loader I believe. someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

LOL! I know! I'm on a theme fiz today! Idk wth is wrong with me screw cleanin out da closet! Lmao!

Btw, on the NewGlass one, it says the "$" is a shortcut to sms but it won't work on mine-did it work for you? Thanks.

As for 431, so far seems to be running nicely here to so far

oh heck no..I'm not reloading are you kidding me? I thought maybe i could plug into apploader, and it would allow me to delete? wishful thinking...

lol! you have gone crazy with the theme thing - welcome to my world

$ did not work for me - but then again I don't use keyboard shortcuts..
    Did you figure out how to show and hide the dock?
    alt* to show, and alt# to hide.

yep, .431 is solid.
    03-08-11 10:41 AM
    yes I did ty it is a pretty nice theme, I had to break down for $3 buck and buy it lol. As for the $ shortcut, I thought it was me missing a setting, but ok, it didn't work for you either. Ty for confirming that

I told my hubby I won the Graffiti one and he wished me well with it
    Lol, yea just to reload for that, nahh. Its not hurting anything on your bb, so it'll just sit quietly like you won't even know its there. Lol.

03-08-11 10:56 AM
    yes I did ty it is a pretty nice theme, I had to break down for $3 buck and buy it lol. As for the $ shortcut, I thought it was me missing a setting, but ok, it didn't work for you either. Ty for confirming that

I told my hubby I won the Graffiti one and he wished me well with it
    Lol, yea just to reload for that, nahh. Its not hurting anything on your bb, so it'll just sit quietly like you won't even know its there. Lol.

Ok cool....glad you figured it out...I couldn't and had to look for how to do it..figures, lol!
    You don't need shortcuts...you have QL!!! hahahahah

I won graffiti through jaydee's contest.....and though I think it's pretty neat and a good idea, idk...I think it's a bit busy, and those trays!

Yeah, I know they just sit there, but was wondering how much space I could free up without all that junk. Oh well.
    Thanks!
    03-08-11 11:02 AM

I have the same question about deleting that stuff after the fact..can it be done? Don't want them and don't use them.

As for themes...is there a way I can share my themes with you? like send you the file or something???
    Cuz I won the newglass, and I could send you Sheath if that is possible...
    Thanks Hamster! You're a sweetie! but don't worry about the themes. I have a few people whom I have contacted. And I will be joining some of the theme sites so that I can have unlimited access to all their themes. That should keep me busy writing!
    03-08-11 11:03 AM
    oh heck no..I'm not reloading are you kidding me? I thought maybe i could plug into apploader, and it would allow me to delete? wishful thinking...
    I think if you use the "boss" shrinker app you can selectively delete what you want and reload via app loader. You need to have the same os installed on your pc thats on your BB obviously. I did this to add an app once and it worked great, was very fast and didn't mess up anything else, just reloaded my BBM, which I had shrunk out by mistake. I would do this again in a heartbeat as it was quick and painless. Deleting would be the reverse of adding as I did, and while I have not tested this,(only added) it seems plausible enough since it worked the other way.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-08-11 11:06 AM
    Thanks Hamster! You're a sweetie! but don't worry about the themes. I have a few people whom I have contacted. And I will be joining some of the theme sites so that I can have unlimited access to all their themes. That should keep me busy writing!
    YW...If I come across any other must haves, I'll be sure to let you know!
    Anything for the Queen!

I think if you use the "boss" shrinker app you can selectively delete what you want and reload via app loader. You need to have the same os installed on your pc thats on your BB obviously. I did this to add an app once and it worked great, was very fast and didn't mess up anything else, just reloaded my BBM, which I had shrunk out by mistake. I would do this again in a heartbeat as it was quick and painless. Deleting would be the reverse of adding as I did, and while I have not tested this,(only added) it seems plausible enough since it worked the other way.
    Hmm...Ok. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! Though you might have to walk me through it if I decide to do this!
    03-08-11 11:14 AM
    Hmm...Ok. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! Though you might have to walk me through it if I decide to do this!
    JimiMack offered a link to it a little ways back, if you want to pick up the latest "boss". All you do is open it and you'll see all the little check boxes. Just make sure you check everything you want. When you use it the first time it will be completely unchecked so you'd need to make sure you don't lose anything you want to keep and DO lose what you want to lose. Pretty simple really. I take it you have not used a shrinker before then? This should remove the start vid and lots of other useless crapola. Frees up loads of memory.
    I will need you to sign the "hold me harmless" waiver before you start.
    For best results you should probably just use this method prior to your next upgrade. That way it's all done in one fell swoop and not ala-carte. If your not really experiencing any issues you may want to hang tight. Don't try to fix what ain't broke as they say. I know it works adding stuff from my personal experience. I did mention the waiver right?
    Seriously hamster, my only concern would be you'd be starting a little to fresh and have to re-input app codes and stuff. Maybe I'll try it for you first. As they say out west, "I don't want to give you a bum steer"
    03-08-11 11:39 AM
    JimiMack offered a link to it a little ways back, if you want to pick up the latest "boss". All you do is open it and you'll see all the little check boxes. Just make sure you check everything you want. When you use it the first time it will be completely unchecked so you'd need to make sure you don't lose anything you want to keep and DO lose what you want to lose. Pretty simple really. I take it you have not used a shrinker before then? This should remove the start vid and lots of other useless crapola. Frees up loads of memory.
    For best results you should probably just use this method prior to your next upgrade. That way it's all done in one fell swoop and not ala-carte. If your not really experiencing any issues you may want to hang tight. Don't try to fix what ain't broke as they say. I know it works adding stuff from my personal experience. I did mention the waiver right?
    Seriously hamster, my only concern would be you'd be starting a little to fresh and have to re-input app codes and stuff. Maybe I'll try it for you first. As they say out west, "I don't want to give you a bum steer"
    Jim, I think this is the link your referring to that Jimi posted?
    Jaydee, you can use this new release below and shrink the OS on your PC or on the phone it's self. I have used it on .431 with great success both ways. It seems to remove more, after shrinking and installing the OS and a few apps I was able to show 326mb free memory available.

thanks for the info, I will keep this in mind, and if you confirm this is the right link, I will install this to my laptop also for next time around's os install
    03-08-11 11:45 AM
    Nope, never used a shrinker.. So does this work on top of apploader then?
    I would use the boss tool, and then go to apploader? And I need to have .431 loaded on my pc right?
    You are right...might be too much for this newbie to handleYeah, I should have done it through apploader to begin with
    I'm not having issues, just wanted to free up some memory.

I don't mind you being the guinea pig at all! And as for that waiver, young man....
    03-08-11 11:48 AM
    It's a good link and you should pick it up for later if nothing else. I have an older version and probably just stick with it as I know it works well. The 2.2 is surely fine, just that the listed changelog isn't anything I'm concerned with.
    03-08-11 11:49 AM
    Hamster, you could also delete docs/sheets to go, you'll pick up some room from those. check in your applications folder, where you would normally find the calculator, file etc. If those are in there, you can go to Options>Device>App management and delete them, then reboot. As long as they're nothing you use, ditch it.

I got rid of mine 2 os installs back, lol.
    03-08-11 11:56 AM
    Nope, never used a shrinker.. So does this work on top of apploader then?
    I would use the boss tool, and then go to apploader? And I need to have .431 loaded on my pc right?
    You are right...might be too much for this newbie to handleYeah, I should have done it through apploader to begin with
    I'm not having issues, just wanted to free up some memory.

I don't mind you being the guinea pig at all! And as for that waiver, young man....
    Thanks for the young man remark as I don't resemble it. Using it is simple. You first install the os to your pc that you want to load. Then open the shrink app and it should show the correct os at the top. Then check the appropriate
    boxes. When it's all checked you click the button at the lower right. Then it works it's magic and you just load via apploader. I've used the bbhybrids shrinker and the boss shrinker together and have even better results. If you check or forget to check a box I found it's simple enough to come back and just recheck it for an add on. I've never had an issue and would never load an os without shrinking it first. Heck JayDee's the one that got me hooked shrinking stuff. Thanks JayDee!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-08-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the young man remark as I don't resemble it. Using it is simple. You first install the os to your pc that you want to load. Then open the shrink app and it should show the correct os at the top. Then check the appropriate
    boxes. When it's all checked you click the button at the lower right. Then it works it's magic and you just load via apploader. I've used the bbhybrids shrinker and the boss shrinker together and have even better results. If you check or forget to check a box I found it's simple enough to come back and just recheck it for an add on. I've never had an issue and would never load an os without shrinking it first. Heck JayDee's the one that got me hooked shrinking stuff. Thanks JayDee!
    You're welcomed Jim
    But Hamster and I are going to use BB Boss ver 2.0 like Jimi Said. We can use it to shrink stuff AFTER it is loaded on your phone!!!
    So we don't have to do our installs over. run Boss over the loaded OS and delete away...Jimi said it works so that's what I'm gonna do with my new phone...as soon as I get it!
    03-08-11 12:11 PM
    You're welcomed Jim
    But Hamster and I are going to use BB Boss ver 2.0 like Jimi Said. We can use it to shrink stuff AFTER it is loaded on your phone!!!
    So we don't have to do our installs over. run Boss over the loaded OS and delete away...Jimi said it works so that's what I'm gonna do with my new phone...as soon as I get it!
    hmmmm...use it AFTER an OS is already installed to ditch stuff? I may have to ask you "how to" on that in the near future I just dwld that Boss file to my desktop, I'll install it later or tomorrow when I have a chance.

Thanks for the link Jimi!
    03-08-11 12:37 PM
23,186 ... 483484485486487 ...