Yes, he did design it that way...but he may change it

At least you only have one or 2 things missing....My whole card goes blank..the only things that show up are the OEM WP - which I gather are on the device. I just had to do yet another reboot....The stuff is back, but I guarantee that in a little while, they will be gone!

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just go back. Think I'll use DM...

I have too many themes and screen shots to take also!!! Last count 18
    But you are right...I'm going back today..Don't want to mess with the media card and all that jazz, so I will try the 431 first and see if that works...But I will go and get a new card as well just in case. Damn it.

Thanks all!

Edit - Yep...all gone again...aargh.
    I actually don't know how many disappeared on me, but I do know those 2 specific things did.

sorry you had such an issue with all your stuff disappearing. I would def do like Jaydee suggested and invest in a new card, as much as it'll suck to have to spend money on that.
    When I told mine what I was doing - he was like "again? why do you keep messing with it????" So same here. He is still on OS5 and has no desire to change.
    QL - say it ain't so......

Thanks Bob...Just finished re-installing .431 and have done my first battery pull. I hope this resolves my issue as it was getting very frustrating.
    Hmm..good point on whether I could have tried a re-install of .443 to see if that would have helped. Tho, I never had these issues on .431, so it's probably better for my device. I had memory leaks on both, so no difference there But now we know the leak issue is with the firmware, right?
    LMAO! I STILL can't convince my hubby to get a bb, he likes his Env3, so its what hes happy with

I also just rather gone back to 431 as well instead of reloading 443. There were a few minor things that just got my goat, so back to 431 now and my bp's are done. Time to re-load the handful of apps I have. Hopefully QL will function properly for both of us now!

As for the leak, well we all know the 3 of us seem to be in the same boat with that, so firmware failure i believe it is as well. Daily bp's will be the chicken soup for our bb's!

Pink, I'm the same way! I'll tell you what Paul always tells me...BREATHE!!!
    Even though it takes a long time, it will all get settled. I also hate that feeling of not having everything in its place.

Good Luck to both you and Hamster!
    TY Jaydee. OMG, my hands were like icecubes even though I was sweating bullets! It drives me nuts! TG its over and installed! I'm done fudging with the os for a while now, till this one gets "stooooooopid"LOL
    I don't understand why you ladies are having so much trouble with QL???
    You should be able to set it and go. I set it and NEVER do a batt pull. I just allow it to turn off my device at the appointed time.

Maybe the problem was with your OS. I hope that it works properly now.
    Even though I have 443 it is a hybrid...could that be making a difference?
    IDK why theres an issue either. its possible 443 was just plan out right totally wacky. I'm hoping it'll function properly on 431 now. Crossing my fingers and toes!
    03-06-11 12:13 PM
    Pink, I'm the same way! I'll tell you what Paul always tells me...BREATHE!!!
    Even though it takes a long time, it will all get settled. I also hate that feeling of not having everything in its place.

Good Luck to both you and Hamster!
    Thank-you, Jaydee...it's all done, battery pulls and all. I had a scare for a minute there, because even after 2 battery pulls after reloading .431, my media card would not be "readable"...but after the last pull, everything is there...now to see if it stays that way

I don't understand why you ladies are having so much trouble with QL???
    You should be able to set it and go. I set it and NEVER do a batt pull. I just allow it to turn off my device at the appointed time.

Maybe the problem was with your OS. I hope that it works properly now.
    Even though I have 443 it is a hybrid...could that be making a difference?
    Haven't had time to set QL up again yet, but I'm just going to set it and see what happens in the morning!

I actually don't know how many disappeared on me, but I do know those 2 specific things did.

sorry you had such an issue with all your stuff disappearing. I would def do like Jaydee suggested and invest in a new card, as much as it'll suck to have to spend money on that.

LMAO! I STILL can't convince my hubby to get a bb, he likes his Env3, so its what hes happy with
    I also just rather gone back to 431 as well instead of reloading 443. There were a few minor things that just got my goat, so back to 431 now and my bp's are done. Time to re-load the handful of apps I have. Hopefully QL will function properly for both of us now! [/COLOR][/B]

As for the leak, well we all know the 3 of us seem to be in the same boat with that, so firmware failure i believe it is as well. Daily bp's will be the chicken soup for our bb's!

TY Jaydee. OMG, my hands were like icecubes even though I was sweating bullets! It drives me nuts! TG its over and installed! I'm done fudging with the os for a while now, till this one gets "stooooooopid" LOL

IDK why theres an issue either. its possible 443 was just plan out right totally wacky. I'm hoping it'll function properly on 431 now. Crossing my fingers and toes!
    Lol! My hubby suggested I take his media card since all he does with his bold is talk and text/bbm....That is why he has not interested in upgrading...
    It's just a phone to him The nerve! LMAO!

I am glad it's done and over with. I'm not going to mess around with any OS's either anymore unless...unless...well who knows?
    03-06-11 12:30 PM
    P1nk...Guess what started showing up again??? My img codes on memopad from Zona Snap! Ha..still took about 5 min or so, but I got the pop-up message.

Must have been another wacky thing in .443
    03-06-11 12:33 PM
    Thank-you, Jaydee...it's all done, battery pulls and all. I had a scare for a minute there, because even after 2 battery pulls after reloading .431, my media card would not be "readable"...but after the last pull, everything is there...now to see if it stays that way

Haven't had time to set QL up again yet, but I'm just going to set it and see what happens in the morning!

Lol! My hubby suggested I take his media card since all he does with his bold is talk and text/bbm....That is why he has not interested in upgrading...
    It's just a phone to him The nerve! LMAO!

I am glad it's done and over with. I'm not going to mess around with any OS's either anymore unless...unless...well who knows?
    OOOHH!EEEMM!GEEEE! the nerve is right! lmao!

yes, i'm glad its over and done with.....for now till the next leaklmao!

glad your media card responded like its suppose to! whew!

As for the QL boot thing, I hope mine works right now!
    P1nk...Guess what started showing up again??? My img codes on memopad from Zona Snap! Ha..still took about 5 min or so, but I got the pop-up message.

Must have been another wacky thing in .443
    great!

now if i could get mine to work, that would be nice too!

also, I decided to open up Bolt just for the heck of it, and guess what?? my c/p function is working again! so it was an issue I had with 443.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-06-11 at 12:44 PM.
    03-06-11 12:41 PM
    OOOHH!EEEMM!GEEEE! the nerve is right! lmao!

yes, i'm glad its over and done with.....for now till the next leaklmao!

glad your media card responded like its suppose to! whew!

As for the QL boot thing, I hope mine works right now!

great!

now if i could get mine to work, that would be nice too!

also, I decided to open up Bolt just for the heck of it, and guess what?? my c/p function is working again! so it was an issue I had with 443.
    The img code is handy, but I'm so used to just going to pb that it doesn't matter anymore to me
    Looks like .443 did have all these minor little bugs...Glad that you have you Bolt back...I know it was a major issue for you!
    Hopefully .431 will settle in nicely for us again
    03-06-11 12:48 PM
    The img code is handy, but I'm so used to just going to pb that it doesn't matter anymore to me
    Looks like .443 did have all these minor little bugs...Glad that you have you Bolt back...I know it was a major issue for you!
    Hopefully .431 will settle in nicely for us again
    I agree, the ONE time it did work for me, it was soooo simplified! But, for some reason it still doesnt work, i just tried it. oh well

yes, that c/p bolt issue was major for me. i ate crow with that and dealt with it, but now that it works again, I happy to have the font size back that bolt offers, and the c/p as well Soooo, i prob will go back to using bolt till I get fed up again! LOL

Yep, 443 did have little boogers crawling around in our bb's lol, and like you said, hopefully 431 will settle in nicely
    03-06-11 12:58 PM
    TJ, curved thumb made your Kool Aid BattEx icons for you!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app.../index222.html
    03-06-11 01:11 PM
    Hey gang,
    I had to call VZW about a problem with my service on my device. Was getting 1X and not 3G. Well somehow the phone fixed itself (cause Im pretty sure the VZW tech didn't) and things were finished. Then she said "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK I SAID?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I told her the whole story about the memory problem, etc. She tried memory cleaning, batt pulling, service book sending, etc. Anyway, I said look at my records...its been going on a while. So she passed me to a 2nd level Tech. Who had NEVER heard of memory issues and how are u measuring this? And she wanted me to go back to OS5 and I said WTF? No.

So she said its Blackberry's software and their problem, so I will call them. So she calls BLACKBERRY...hahhahahahahaha and gets a technician on the horn who sounds like she was disturbed from a nap. She has to look into the matter. And when she returns she says do you have desktop software? I said I have DM6 why? We need to reinstall the OS. I said NO. I am editing a blog on my phone right now I can't be without my phone!

PINK< HAMSTER...you guys know how much trouble it is to reinstall the OS. I shoulda started a lot earlier than 6:30 pm!!!!

So I have to reload the OS. I'm gonna put 431 back on and then do a selective restore, and then watch it for a while to see if it leaks. And when it does, call them back at Blackberry and they will go further. No apps back on after the reinstall. Actually, that won't take long but I don't feel like being without my apps tonight...

So, I asked all along the way...COULD IT BE MY DEVICE ITSELF? I HAVE A REFURB. CAN I GET ANOTHER ONE?

no one will answer me. Wait till I call back after the reinstall...
    03-06-11 05:34 PM
    JayDee, I will give my best wishes that you finally solve your memory leak issues but I think it best if you can get them to get you a new unit. I do not think anyone has had memory leaks like you have and you have done it with every OS you have tried. That alone I would think warrants a replacement unit, if anything just to remove the unit it's self as the culprit.
    03-06-11 06:16 PM
    Hey gang,
    I had to call VZW about a problem with my service on my device. Was getting 1X and not 3G. Well somehow the phone fixed itself (cause Im pretty sure the VZW tech didn't) and things were finished. Then she said "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I told her the whole story about the memory problem, etc. She tried memory cleaning, batt pulling, service book sending, etc. Anyway, I said look at my records...its been going on a while. So she passed me to a 2nd level Tech. Who had NEVER heard of memory issues and how are u measuring this? And she wanted me to go back to OS5 and I said WTF? No.

So she said its Blackberry's software and their problem, so I will call them. So she calls BLACKBERRY...hahhahahahahaha and gets a technician on the horn who sounds like she was disturbed from a nap. She has to look into the matter. And when she returns she says do you have desktop software? I said I have DM6 why? We need to reinstall the OS. I said NO. I am editing a blog on my phone right now I can't be without my phone!

PINK< HAMSTER...you guys know how much trouble it is to reinstall the OS. I shoulda started a lot earlier than 6:30 pm!!!!

So I have to reload the OS. I'm gonna put 431 back on and then do a selective restore, and then watch it for a while to see if it leaks. And when it does, call them back at Blackberry and they will go further. No apps back on after the reinstall. Actually, that won't take long but I don't feel like being without my apps tonight...

So, I asked all along the way...COULD IT BE MY DEVICE ITSELF? I HAVE A REFURB. CAN I GET ANOTHER ONE?

oooooooohhhh baby, she just opened the dam for you to let it alllllll flow! LOL

I find it amusing that the rep told you she's never "hear of memory issues" come on...does these people live in a freakin closet for gosh sakes!

Yes, we know how much of a PITA it is to reload an OS, restore w/apps included. Well, good luck to you I knew you'd sneak your apps back on anyway, lol.

Idk if getting another device will solve the issue. Hopefully it will! If you see a positive result getting another device, I will start making my calls about mine, even though its not as terrible as your is. Bob made alot of sense when he brought the point forward of it being more of a firmware issue, so getting another replacement, what are the possibilities of you receiving another one of those with a firmware prob.-- hopefully slim to none!

Btw, FWIW, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end when you call back because you still have "memory issues"

good luck with your reload tonight-- I'll drink a few gun and tonics for ya!
    03-06-11 06:39 PM
    You get em' Jaydee, don't let VZW or BB rest until your phone operates the way YOU want it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 07:47 PM
    If you still need it, here's the number for VZW advanced tech support:

03-06-11 07:55 PM
    TJ, curved thumb made your Kool Aid BattEx icons for you!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/app.../index222.html
    Sweetness!! Thanks Pink!
    I just got home from chaperoning the Jr High Youth Bible Retreat this weekend....whoa, what was I thinking?!?! LOL On another note....the new Daniel Tosh show is cracking me up big time!!!!

03-06-11 08:37 PM
    I hope you were able to get all sorted out with your OS this evening, Jaydee.
    It amazes me that this has the so called technical experts stumped.
    At this point, maybe a new device is the answer...
    03-06-11 08:51 PM
    So I didn't downgrade my OS last night because I knew I would need my phone first thing this am because of the storm.

I have QL reboot my phone every morning flawlessly and this am when I get up, my berry is hung up on the reboot (Blackberry white on black) screen. I do 6 battery pulls and it finally boots to the home screen after nearly 45 minutes. I dunno whats wrong. Soon as I got to home screen, I backed up everything and now that school is closed for the day...I will go back to 431 and put back all my apps and themes.

Screw VZW. My calls aren't even going through this am! We have 9 inches of snow and another 4 on the way! Half the city without power. No plows yet. Crazy! Tree limbs down.

Good day for tea and Blackberry....
    03-07-11 06:20 AM
    Hey gang,

They definitely need to do something! I think everyone one here knows it's not the OS. You have had officials, leaks, hybrids, and who else knows what on your phone and still the worst memory drain in history.

Good luck with the tech support and can't wait for an update.
    03-07-11 06:21 AM
    So I didn't downgrade my OS last night because I knew I would need my phone first thing this am because of the storm.

I have QL reboot my phone every morning flawlessly and this am when I get up, my berry is hung up on the reboot (Blackberry white on black) screen. I do 6 battery pulls and it finally boots to the home screen after nearly 45 minutes. I dunno whats wrong. Soon as I got to home screen, I backed up everything and now that school is closed for the day...I will go back to 431 and put back all my apps and themes.

Screw VZW. My calls aren't even going through this am! We have 9 inches of snow and another 4 on the way! Half the city without power. No plows yet. Crazy! Tree limbs down.

Good day for tea and Blackberry....
    Jaydee! WTH is going on? I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. And the damn weather is not helping any I bet..
    At least you get to stay in try and sort it out. Really think it's time VZW steps up and gets you a new device pronto...because at this point, it can't be the OS
    Tea???? I think you need a few guns and tonics
    03-07-11 06:42 AM
    So I wiped with BBSAK and loaded the 431 OS and now on the reboot, my phone is stuck.

What do I do now? It won't reboot
    03-07-11 06:55 AM
    So I wiped with BBSAK and loaded the 431 OS and now on the reboot, my phone is stuck.

What do I do now? It won't reboot
    Oh no! Is it still stuck? Do you have a back-up phone you could use? And call BB/VZW right away!
    03-07-11 07:22 AM
    So I called VZW and she wanted to try a hundred troubleshooting steps with me and I refused saying I know all about my device and I've done that. So she said I could use my insurance to get another device and I said, Oh no! You are sending me one with out me paying the dedictible.

She managed to get it all straightened out and I will have a new device here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I would like BBM back. Middbrew, Underway, Jim, Prince, someone please tell me. I have all my apps backed up with DM. How do I get that back on my phone? I never used DM before for a restore. I already did the selective restore and got my contacts and memos back, but want my BBM and apps. When I go to use the backup I have created, there are all kinds of **** I thought I shrunk out that it wants to put back...Help please.
    03-07-11 07:38 AM
    So I called VZW and she wanted to try a hundred troubleshooting steps with me and I refused saying I know all about my device and I've done that. So she said I could use my insurance to get another device and I said, Oh no! You are sending me one with out me paying the dedictible.

She managed to get it all straightened out and I will have a new device here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I would like BBM back. Middbrew, Underway, Jim, Prince, someone please tell me. I have all my apps backed up with DM. How do I get that back on my phone? I never used DM before for a restore. I already did the selective restore and got my contacts and memos back, but want my BBM and apps. When I go to use the backup I have created, there are all kinds of **** I thought I shrunk out that it wants to put back...Help please.
    Yay! You are getting a new phone!! Great...Once you are all set up we'll
    know if your memory leaks were device related. Good luck!
    As for restore...you know I haven't had to do one - yet. Knock on wood...
    I hope the others chime in for you!
    03-07-11 07:44 AM
    Yes, they are sending me one without charge, LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.
    I said to her, you must be kidding. Look at my call record. How many times have I called with this problem and now today it won't boot up and YOU want me to PAY for a refurb. I don't think so.

She said she wasn't sure the system would let her order one for me...blah blah blah but she was very good about checking and trying and not making me do all the crap.

I got BBM back somehow. I took my device data backup and restored the whole thing...now for the apps.

I still need detailed info from everyone on how to switch to my new device tomorrow night. or whenever I get it.
    I mean detailed!!!
    03-07-11 07:54 AM
    Yes, they are sending me one without charge, LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO.
    I said to her, you must be kidding. Look at my call record. How many times have I called with this problem and now today it won't boot up and YOU want me to PAY for a refurb. I don't think so.

She said she wasn't sure the system would let her order one for me...blah blah blah but she was very good about checking and trying and not making me do all the crap.

I got BBM back somehow. I took my device data backup and restored the whole thing...now for the apps.

I still need detailed info from everyone on how to switch to my new device tomorrow night. or whenever I get it.
    I mean detailed!!!
    I'm not you, but if it were me I would strongly consider installing contacts and calendar only, and downloading all apps OTA. I know its a PIA, but you are talking about a fresh start here. I would be too worried that whatever restore engine you use would covertly shift something over that is causing or exacerbating your woes. I wouldn't even wipe, shrink, and reinstall until I was sure the problem(s) are solved.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-07-11 08:15 AM
    jaydee im soo sorry your having all these issues with your device. i'm going to be in and out all day, but if i think of anything that could help you out i will post for you i really hope this gets resolved for you like NOW! i also agree with Sky as far as what you put back on the new device and ota'ing all of your other stuff so it doesn't carry over any issues your old device may have had. i wish you the best of luck this all gets panned out

03-07-11 08:40 AM
    I'm not you, but if it were me I would strongly consider installing contacts and calendar only, and downloading all apps OTA. I know its a PIA, but you are talking about a fresh start here. I would be too worried that whatever restore engine you use would covertly shift something over that is causing or exacerbating your woes. I wouldn't even wipe, shrink, and reinstall until I was sure the problem(s) are solved.

Skyboxer
    I don't use calendar. So I would backup with DM my device data, right? Then do a selective restore of: Memos, tasks, contacts, WLAN profiles (I have over 20 of them for all over my district)...but how do I get BBM contacts back???

I can see what you mean about downloading the apps again OTA. I could do it. WHat about my themes? (I have 10 I absolutely have to put back...maybe up to 20 I want) They are all custom issues. I have the files. How should I do those? Through DM?
    03-07-11 08:56 AM
23,186 ... 481482483484485 ...