awesome, thanks skyboxer and yes pink it should work right from your bb
    ok, thanks! I'll dwld now, but set up tomorrow! Its getting late and I'm going crosseyed from being tired! Lol

EDIT: it dwld'd just fine rr- I'll activate it tomorrow so I have time to play with it! thanks for sharing, this must be exciting for you!
    G'nite all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-05-11 at 09:36 PM.
    03-05-11 09:30 PM
    okay im messing with making my themes available ota. will someone try downloading the theme and see if it works? its for 6.0.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12907169/sim...le_weather.jad
    I got it and have activated it. I like the looks of it, very simple which I think is very good.

If I may make a few suggestions:
    1. The bottom bar could be a little shorter by moving the date to the right and dropping the time down a little. This is not a big deal but I really like all of the realestae I can get for my WP.
    2. Make some of the icons such as the battery active so that pressing would start an app. Example: Highlight and press TP on the Battery and open the options screen.
    3. Make the GPS and Wi-Fi indicators active and allow them to open the respective apps.
    All in all, a very nice theme. Thank you for your efforts.

Edit: Seems as my space bar to activate QL is not working. If QL doesn't work, theme doesnt' work. QL is essential!
    Last edited by BoDeb; 03-06-11 at 10:15 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-05-11 10:17 PM
    okay im messing with making my themes available ota. will someone try downloading the theme and see if it works? its for 6.0.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12907169/sim...le_weather.jad
    Thanks rr! It worked! Here is a screen shot:

I got it and have activated it. I like the looks of it, very simple which I think is very good.

If I may make a few suggestions:
    1. The bottom bar could be a little shorter by moving the date to the right and dropping the time down a little. This is not a big deal but I really like all of the realestae I can get for my WP.
    2. Make some of the icons such as the battery active so that pressing would start an app. Example: Highlight and press TP on the Battery and open the options screen.
    3. Make the GPS and Wi-Fi indicators active and allow them to open the respective apps.
    All in all, a very nice theme. Thank you for your efforts.
    I agree with Bob on the making some of the icons hotspots, like you have for the clock and calendar.
    One thing I did notice is that the focus icon will not stay on the weather slot (bottom left - where I have my batteryex set up) don't know if that is a bug or not set up to do it...

Other wise great theme! Good job!
    03-06-11 07:37 AM
    Morning all!

Alright ramblers...need some input.
    Ever since yesterday, my bold has been acting stoooooooooopid.
    It's primarily related with my media card. I had mentioned before how my battex skins would disappear every so often and only a battery pull/reboot would get them back. But now it's doing it with my pictures as well. I don't have anything else on the card (no music, video etc) except for skins, bw icons and pictures/wp's.
    And it is happening often...I've had to reboot several times just to get them to show up again.
    So, is it the media card? The OS?
    The only thing I noticed is that this started occurring more when I installed a couple of new themes and fontcollection. Co-oncidence? I don't know. But it is becoming quite a PITA and am getting very frustrated. Not to mention that the device feels laggy...

Any thoughts, advice?

Edit: It's happening almost every hr!
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 03-06-11 at 08:12 AM.
    03-06-11 07:48 AM

I agree with Bob on the making some of the icons hotspots, like you have for the clock and calendar.
    One thing I did notice is that the focus icon will not stay on the weather slot (bottom left - where I have my batteryex set up) don't know if that is a bug or not set up to do it...

looks good hamster! Thanks to both you and bob for testing it out and for the suggestions. Yea the clock and date are hidden icons and will take you to the clock app and calender, and the battery meter is also a hidden app as well. You cant see it very good because its so small but there is a highlight bar just like the other hotspots, and the battery takes you to your profiles app. I am planning on making the notification icons and wifi symbol hidden apps as well, but its kinda a pain so i was just testing it out in this version.
    As for the weather focus, i planned to have it like that so you didnt have an annoying focus blue square or white box around the icon at all times, but i may put a focus icon there if people would like it better.
    bob, i agree with really liking wallpaper friendly themes, but i made the banner the size it is because that is is the size of the icons (68x68) and to resize all the icons to make a smaller banner would be a royal pita so the banner is gonna stay that size lol.
    03-06-11 08:28 AM
    Morning all!

Alright ramblers...need some input.
    Ever since yesterday, my bold has been acting stoooooooooopid.
    It's primarily related with my media card. I had mentioned before how my battex skins would disappear every so often and only a battery pull/reboot would get them back. But now it's doing it with my pictures as well. I don't have anything else on the card (no music, video etc) except for skins, bw icons and pictures/wp's.
    And it is happening often...I've had to reboot several times just to get them to show up again.
    So, is it the media card? The OS?
    The only thing I noticed is that this started occurring more when I installed a couple of new themes and fontcollection. Co-oncidence? I don't know. But it is becoming quite a PITA and am getting very frustrated. Not to mention that the device feels laggy...

Any thoughts, advice?

Edit: It's happening almost every hr!
    I had that happen after loading a hybrid OS. It was one of the wierd many things that made come home to .431. It didnt happen that frequently for me though. Going back to .431 fixed the problem, along with the others.
    03-06-11 08:28 AM
    I had that happen after loading a hybrid OS. It was one of the wierd many things that made come home to .431. It didnt happen that frequently for me though. Going back to .431 fixed the problem, along with the others.
    I was afraid it was the OS..I'm on 443, and to be honest have been going back and forth on changing back to 431...Just didn't want to go through the whole process again
    03-06-11 08:36 AM
    looks good hamster! Thanks to both you and bob for testing it out and for the suggestions. Yea the clock and date are hidden icons and will take you to the clock app and calender, and the battery meter is also a hidden app as well. You cant see it very good because its so small but there is a highlight bar just like the other hotspots, and the battery takes you to your profiles app. I am planning on making the notification icons and wifi symbol hidden apps as well, but its kinda a pain so i was just testing it out in this version.
    As for the weather focus, i planned to have it like that so you didnt have an annoying focus blue square or white box around the icon at all times, but i may put a focus icon there if people would like it better.
    bob, i agree with really liking wallpaper friendly themes, but i made the banner the size it is because that is is the size of the icons (68x68) and to resize all the icons to make a smaller banner would be a royal pita so the banner is gonna stay that size lol.
    Thanks, rr...I don't mind the bottom banner as much - it's pretty transparent so it does show the WP nicely..
    The focus icon only so that you could click on it and it would take you to that particular app...
    03-06-11 08:39 AM
    hey essex threaders, I just downloaded the new blackberry protect, and damn is that a useful awesome app. It has so many awesome security features, and i tested out all the features and it works perfectly. If you dont have it i suggest it, it will be a lifesaver if you ever need it!
    This may be of use to some - I tried to download it today and since I'm on a BES, blackberry protect said it can't be installed on a bb with BES. Too bad.
    03-06-11 08:44 AM

I agree with the hotspots for the icons as well, overall it is a nice theme!

Hamster, as far as the icon staying highlighted on the battex in the lower right corner, it does not stay lit on mine either, I think rr designed it this way
    03-06-11 08:46 AM
    I was afraid it was the OS..I'm on 443, and to be honest have been going back and forth on changing back to 431...Just didn't want to go through the whole process again
    Hamster, I'm with you here. I've been tooling with going back to 431 for the past week and half. As for pix disappearing, when I was looking around my pix this morn, there was one I had gotten from BT or JNM in the BW thread and its gone I know I'm not crazy....it disappeared. I also noticed one of my TokiDoki batex icons are missing as well. IDK if there are any others missing, but it is what it is. If I come accross them again, I'll just re-add. But today is a rainy day and I think I'm going back to 431 today. 443 has run well, but there are a few things that have just gotten my goat that I'm upset over. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Right?

and I think 443 is the reason I can't get my QL auto reboot set time to work right, still

I'm gonna load up now actually.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-06-11 at 08:55 AM.
    03-06-11 08:51 AM
    Hamster, with the problems you are having with your card, I would go back to 431 as Skyboxer suggested and see how you fare there.
    I would hate to say empty your card and reformat on your phone, because that is a PITA.

Keep us posted!

If my media started disappearing I PERSONALLY would probably buy a new storage card right away...if you don't want to do that, try the 431. Maybe the hybrid is breaking down on you I dunno. The longer I use it, the more I want to go back to 431 as well. But I don't have the time because I got too many themes installed and screen shots to take...LOL
    03-06-11 08:52 AM
    I agree with the hotspots for the icons as well, overall it is a nice theme!

Hamster, as far as the icon staying highlighted on the battex in the lower right corner, it does not stay lit on mine either, I think rr designed it this way
    Yes, he did design it that way...but he may change it

Hamster, I'm with you here. I've been tooling with going back to 431 for the past week and half. As for pix disappearing, when I was looking around my pix this morn, there was one I had gotten from BT or JNM in the BW thread and its gone I know I'm not crazy....it disappeared. I also noticed one of my TokiDoki batex icons are missing as well. IDK if there are any others missing, but it is what it is. If I come accross them again, I'll just re-add. But today is a rainy day and I think I'm going back to 431 today. 443 has run well, but there are a few things that have just gotten my goat that I'm upset over. Well, it was fun while it lasted! Right?

and I think 443 is the reason I can't get my QL auto reboot set time to work right, still

I'm gonna load up now actually.
    At least you only have one or 2 things missing....My whole card goes blank..the only things that show up are the OEM WP - which I gather are on the device. I just had to do yet another reboot....The stuff is back, but I guarantee that in a little while, they will be gone!

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just go back. Think I'll use DM...

Hamster, with the problems you are having with your card, I would go back to 431 as Skyboxer suggested and see how you fare there.
    I would hate to say empty your card and reformat on your phone, because that is a PITA.

Keep us posted!

If my media started disappearing I PERSONALLY would probably buy a new storage card right away...if you don't want to do that, try the 431. Maybe the hybrid is breaking down on you I dunno. The longer I use it, the more I want to go back to 431 as well. But I don't have the time because I got too many themes installed and screen shots to take...LOL
    I have too many themes and screen shots to take also!!! Last count 18
    But you are right...I'm going back today..Don't want to mess with the media card and all that jazz, so I will try the 431 first and see if that works...But I will go and get a new card as well just in case. Damn it.

Thanks all!

Edit - Yep...all gone again...aargh.
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 03-06-11 at 09:04 AM.
    03-06-11 09:02 AM
    guys/gals, I have a question. I have .431 installed on my laptop, I delete 443. when I hooked up thru app loader to load 431, it said my device was up to date already.

should I try loading thru BbSak instead? and wipe first?
    03-06-11 09:39 AM
    guys/gals, I have a question. I have .431 installed on my laptop, I delete 443. when I hooked up thru app loader to load 431, it said my device was up to date already.

Can't help you there, P1nk...I just did it through DM and it is currently rebooting...I had deleted 431 from apploader, and didn't want to go the extra step of downloading it again...so I chose the easy route. Wasn't able to delete extra language and other stuff, but I can live with that for now.
    03-06-11 09:43 AM

Pink, I have found when downlgrading to a lower os the easiest way to do it is via dm. When you run dm and select to install an os it will come up with a popup saying you are about to install a lower version and will ask you if you want to proceed with downgrading. Just hit yes and it will do it for you.

03-06-11 09:46 AM
    ok, nm, I found what I didn't do was click on the wizard screen when it was telling me loading this software will "downgrade" do you want to contuniue and I had to choose the second option to "downgrade"
    03-06-11 09:48 AM
    Can't help you there, P1nk...I just did it through DM and it is currently rebooting...I had deleted 431 from apploader, and didn't want to go the extra step of downloading it again...so I chose the easy route. Wasn't able to delete extra language and other stuff, but I can live with that for now.
    Pink, I have found when downlgrading to a lower os the easiest way to do it is via dm. When you run dm and select to install an os it will come up with a popup saying you are about to install a lower version and will ask you if you want to proceed with downgrading. Just hit yes and it will do it for you.

thank you both, I did find the option I needed to click thru apploader. Its loading now.
    03-06-11 09:49 AM

I agree...I just did it that way - in fact it said 431 was the recommended one...

It's done...!!! Now to see how it fares
    03-06-11 09:52 AM
    thank you both, I did find the option I needed to click thru apploader. Its loading now.
    No problemo.....Mine is all reloaded back up and now I have to go about setting it all up...again.
    03-06-11 09:54 AM
    No problemo.....Mine is all reloaded back up and now I have to go about setting it all up...again.
    I'm glad your all completely load up and just need to do your apps etc. I know, thats the PITA part, but so be it. Lets hope for a better run this time around, cheers Hamster!

Mine is loading up now, my nerves are shot as usual As many times as you do this and know the routine, my stomach STILL gets in knots from it till all is said and done. I just told my hubby to tell me nect time I decide to swap an OS to remind me of how looney it drives me till its done and to leave well enough alone! LOL He laughed and was like yea ok, sure you'll listen!

I also just thought of one other thing Hamster, you may have to reset the automatic QL reboot thing again. Ugh.
    03-06-11 09:57 AM
    I think a re-install is the answer, whether you stick with .443 or go back to .431, it sounds like something has gotten klugged up in your OS which is causeing the odd behavior and the laggieness.
    03-06-11 10:20 AM
    I'm glad your all completely load up and just need to do your apps etc. I know, thats the PITA part, but so be it. Lets hope for a better run this time around, cheers Hamster!

Mine is loading up now, my nerves are shot as usual As many times as you do this and know the routine, my stomach STILL gets in knots from it till all is said and done. I just told my hubby to tell me nect time I decide to swap an OS to remind me of how looney it drives me till its done and to leave well enough alone! LOL He laughed and was like yea ok, sure you'll listen!

I also just thought of one other thing Hamster, you may have to reset the automatic QL reboot thing again. Ugh.
    When I told mine what I was doing - he was like "again? why do you keep messing with it????" So same here. He is still on OS5 and has no desire to change.

QL - say it ain't so......

I think a re-install is the answer, whether you stick with .443 or go back to .431, it sounds like something has gotten klugged up in your OS which is causeing the odd behavior and the laggieness.
    Thanks Bob...Just finished re-installing .431 and have done my first battery pull. I hope this resolves my issue as it was getting very frustrating.
    Hmm..good point on whether I could have tried a re-install of .443 to see if that would have helped. Tho, I never had these issues on .431, so it's probably better for my device. I had memory leaks on both, so no difference there But now we know the leak issue is with the firmware, right?
    03-06-11 10:32 AM

Pink, I'm the same way! I'll tell you what Paul always tells me...BREATHE!!!
    Even though it takes a long time, it will all get settled. I also hate that feeling of not having everything in its place.

Good Luck to both you and Hamster!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-06-11 11:12 AM

QL - say it ain't so......
    I don't understand why you ladies are having so much trouble with QL???
    You should be able to set it and go. I set it and NEVER do a batt pull. I just allow it to turn off my device at the appointed time.

Maybe the problem was with your OS. I hope that it works properly now.
    Even though I have 443 it is a hybrid...could that be making a difference?
    03-06-11 11:16 AM
23,186 ... 480481482483484 ...