I don't know why it doesn't send to your Memopad, Pink! I mean I looked at my Memopad (well, I use ActionPad) and it said I had 211 items! though WTF?? Then I realized it was all the img codes....OMG!! So I deleted them but one at a time....lol
    LMAO @211!!! Thats craaaaaaaaazy! LOL

as for my img codes being sent to my native memo pad, it worked all but once. and thats it! IDK WTF is going on with it either! My bb has a mind of its own! LOL and as many battery pulls that have transpired on my bb since getting that app, it still hasnt worked right!

In example, I just set my weather to my homescreen with the Aztec Razor sharp icons, and my screen was showing the default ones, while in my mini icon showed the Aztec as being set! I was like wtf??? lol. After about 5 mins, it finally decided to update itself and put the Aztec on my homescreen. YaY goodie...my bb had a senior moment!!

How can you fly like an eagle, when your dealing with a turkey(my bb)! LOL
    03-04-11 10:22 AM
    [COLOR=indigo][B]yea i agree, the CF thing is stooooooopid! as jaydee says! LOL
    I'm fairly certain that there are people who would abuse this if it were not charged to their minutes. So for that reason it makes sense to me. It's meant to be a convenience thing for occasional use. I've never had a need for it yet.
    example: Lets say someone has a plan that is about to go over their minutes and so they just forward their calls to a home phone or something. It would be ripe for abuse.
    Then there is forwarding from the home phone to the cell. I know lots of people who do this. I say just dump the land line and cut out the middle man.
    03-04-11 11:17 AM
    I'm fairly certain that there are people who would abuse this if it were not charged to their minutes. So for that reason it makes sense to me. It's meant to be a convenience thing for occasional use. I've never had a need for it yet.
    example: Lets say someone has a plan that is about to go over their minutes and so they just forward their calls to a home phone or something. It would be ripe for abuse.
    Then there is forwarding from the home phone to the cell. I know lots of people who do this. I say just dump the land line and cut out the middle man.
    ya know what Jim, I didn't look at it that way, and you are absolutely right. There are plenty that would abuse the system.

I have a question for you guys/gals if anyone may know the answer. I tried googling this and came up dry.

Within the past day, I've noticed this error on my bb thru the event log.

log event information says:
    Name: application control
    Severity: error
    GUID: ed7944aebdOc4ae2
    IvHS

do any of you have a clue what this could possibly mean?

I may drop back to 431 today because of this. when I had 431 I never had any errors, and IDK if this is something I should panic about seeing on my bb. I'm clueless when it come to the jibberish in the event log
    03-04-11 11:37 AM
    ya know what Jim, I didn't look at it that way, and you are absolutely right. There are plenty that would abuse the system.

I have a question for you guys/gals if anyone may know the answer. I tried googling this and came up dry.

IvHS

I may drop back to 431 today because of this. when I had 431 I never had any errors, and IDK if this is something I should panic about seeing on my bb. I'm clueless when it come to the jibberish in the event log
    I forget, how do I check the event log and is this something that pops up as an alert when something is amiss?
    03-04-11 11:42 AM
    I forget, how do I check the event log and is this something that pops up as an alert when something is amiss?
    alt plus the letters LGLG. no theres no alerts that pop up as far as I know. TY
    03-04-11 11:47 AM
    Good point Jim....And I think I am leaning toward getting rid of the landline and just upping my min...I'm paying too much to Time Warned for all their overpriced stuff anyway...

Yeah, how do you do that, and why should I check?

and P!nk, I tried to answer your question about setting wp for BW in the app thread...
    03-04-11 11:49 AM
    Yeah, how do you do that, and why should I check?

and P!nk, I tried to answer your question about setting wp for BW in the app thread...
    I posted right above yours on how to see the event log, and checking it on occassion to see if theres any errors going on. Like I found with mine.

I did find your post in BW! TY you did answer my question! You are a genius, IDC what your status says right now, LOL. and BA added to it for me in regards to updating the icons for the home screen "viewing"
    03-04-11 12:05 PM
    I missed the theme giveaway too... I was working and we were actually busy and I didn't get any free time to get on my computer...what's up with that? No paid, play on the internet tiime??!? Humph!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 01:16 PM
    I posted right above yours on how to see the event log, and checking it on occassion to see if theres any errors going on. Like I found with mine.

I did find your post in BW! TY you did answer my question! You are a genius, IDC what your status says right now, LOL. and BA added to it for me in regards to updating the icons for the home screen "viewing"
    I'm going to not check the event log. I don't want to know

Oh, good...glad it helped! Now I'm addicted to that...and I posted in the screen thread that I am now going to have to get font collection to add to my addictions and I was trying soooooooo hard not to!
    03-04-11 01:18 PM
    I missed the theme giveaway too... I was working and we were actually busy and I didn't get any free time to get on my computer...what's up with that? No paid, play on the internet tiime??!? Humph!

what?!?! No computer time while your at work?!?! Well, we'll just have to write your boss an excuse note that for 7 1/2hrs out of your work day you need computer time! hmph! LOL

03-04-11 01:58 PM
    I'm going to not check the event log. I don't want to know

Oh, good...glad it helped! Now I'm addicted to that...and I posted in the screen thread that I am now going to have to get font collection to add to my addictions and I was trying soooooooo hard not to!
    oh believe me, after seeing all those errors in my event log earlier this afternoon I'm wishing I NEVER looked!!!

The font app is neat! There's a thread in the app section with free fonts to load up on

03-04-11 02:01 PM
    Alright. Now I have font collection. My hubby and son are going to really hate me now
    03-04-11 02:02 PM
    oh believe me, after seeing all those errors in my event log earlier this afternoon I'm wishing I NEVER looked!!!

The font app is neat! There's a thread in the app section with free fonts to load up on

Yes...another thread to subscribe to now. Oh dear god. Help me.
    03-04-11 02:03 PM
    Ok I'm gonna share this because it may be useful. I was unable to find a replacement seidio 2600 battery locally so I checked Amazon. The ones for our Bolds are about 55 to 60 bucks I think. BUT there are some for the curve 8900 for 36. Same battery just a different cover. I don't need the cover bacause I have one and don't even use it because I use a modded Otterbox Commuter case. So if anyone else is the same boat, this is quite a deal.

03-04-11 05:25 PM
    alt/LGLG is a little tough for me to hit without speed dialing someone. Guess I'm not going to worry about it.
    03-04-11 06:18 PM
    thanks for checking for me prince. mine dosent even flash it just brings up the messages inbox. must be a bug, guess ill just have to do it the long way lol.
    I just checked mine and it brings up the SMS box, then flashes the messages box and settles on the SMS box. When I hit the return button I have two SMS boxes to back out of. Beats the sh*t out of me!
    03-04-11 06:18 PM
    Good luck today, Bob! Wishing you well! And welcome back, we missed you around here
    The whole different numbers on the actual free space bothers the heck out of me as well..I mean come on...if the technogeek in you finds out, please let this bunch of OCD, dysfunctional ramblers know!
    Thanks for the good wishes, all the good wishes from the ramblers must have worked, all is clear and I got a 5 yr repreive.

Good luck to your dad too! 85 and going strong, awesome!!

essex, some of us did do a an experiment by un installing it, and FWIW, the memory did get better. But I wasn't willing to let it stop from enjoying using the skins etc..The bigger culprit I found was BW Icons...the default one fine, but changing them up caused great amounts of leaks. I've started using them again, and though am still experiencing the leaks, not as bad. I'm on 23hrs with -13...is that good, I don't know, but eh...I'm going to live with it!

As for battery life...Mine is alright for now...seems like 443 has settled down on my device for the time being, but who knows when , as like Jaydee said..it will get stooopid...

Oh, Good Morning all!
    Well, I've been up for 8d 19h 9m and have had the huge loss of 1.8MB. As I have said before, I am convinced that it is not the software/skins/icons that are really causing this problem for all of you. I'm totally convinced that the problem emminates from a firmware problem which is not allowing proper memory management to occur. Certainly the apps may have poor housekeeping routines and I actually believe that some do, but the OS through it's own code or the firmware (I think most the firmware) is as much the culperit. My $.02 FWIW.
    Last edited by BoDeb; 03-04-11 at 06:29 PM.
    03-04-11 06:27 PM
    Well, my memory is wild...from 7pm last night to 4 this am when QL reboots my phone...39MB loss. I went to bed at 10pm! So for the hours it just sat plugged in on the nightstand...
    1:30am-2:45am...total loss 23.1 MB....

How can that be? (I have BeBuzz turn off all indicators at 2 am..., too)

If anyone wants a mystery to unravel...here you go. What do I do? TURN OFF MY PHONE TO SAVE 23MB???? I never turn it off tho...NEVER!

EDIT: my memory ON MY PHONE is wild.... before Skyboxer or F2 pops in here and starts in on me....HAHA
    I feel for you Jaydee, I really do...I complain about my leaks and they are nothing compared to yours...
    FWIW, mine leaks overnight too while charged in? Don't know why either.
    We need Sherlock Holmes at this point...Very strange.
    Well, turning off, might be an option. Try it just one time and see, if it helps?
    As much as it would bug you do it
    Loosing mem while in the charger makes no sense at all, other than there is stuff running that causes it just as if it was sitting on your desk or in your purse and looses mem.

Other than getting a replacement device the only thing that I can see that would heip is to have the device reboot about 15 or 20 minutes before you get up in the am, then it would be reasonably fresh. Unless you are going to replace the device, just ignore the overnight mem loss and move on.
    03-04-11 06:37 PM
    Ah-ha!!!! FWIW for what it's worth! I get it! Sorry, I am definately a little slow sometimes, don't let my approaching Addict status fool you, I am a newb at heart. Lol.

So why are we checking our event logs? I missed it, I'll wade back and see if I can pick up on what ya'll are talking about.

Edit: Regarding memory leaks, mine goes from 270 after reboot to 230 and will hang there for a long while and then drop to 220 and less. I don't notice any performance difference in the phone, do you guys? When I was telling my BF about the mem leak he said "if it doesn't affect the way the phone operates, don't worry about it, just reset it" so now I am curious, what does it affect?
    Last edited by essex2start; 03-04-11 at 06:47 PM.
    03-04-11 06:41 PM
    BOB!!!!!!! its so nice to see you-we've missed you!! first off, good luck on the coloscopy, my hubs had his done the other day. Ugh! He was cranky! LOL

As for the BB Meter and the device showing diff amounts of mem avail. I think I've fig'd it out. I'll try to explain without going in circles. lol.

Ok, so your device opts say one thing, but if you look at your BB Meter# and then go into Options>Device>App Management, then in there "side scroll" to app storage, you'll see the "usage bar" in there the "free" number should match or be very close to your BB Meter #. So I hope that helps anyone who was wondering
    I am not familiar with BB Meter, I have MeterBerry, Battery Ex which also has a memory module and I have used the BB "Help me" screen. When I compared the results in the Options section it is worse than any of the other numbers that I have seen. The Help Me screen shows 278MB, MB shows 266MB, App Mgmt shows 240MB and MemEx shows 322MB. I don't see an acceptable explanation in any of these numbers.

Since the Help Me and App Mgmt screens are BB6 screens I would expect them to report the same numbers and be the most accurate. There is no valid explanation in my mind for two screens that are embedded in the OS to report different information on the same resource, that is just plain poor programing.

However, these two screens may not be reporting the same data for the resource (mem), each may be looking at memory in a different way and reporting accordingly. This is an acceptable explanation; however, there should be some kind of documentation that tells us what each is reporting so that it doesn't cause the confusion that is obvious in the situation as it is.

I spent too many years laying code for computer applications to accept shody resource reporting such as this. In my day, we had to be ever so careful how we used resouces and be meticulous as to our housekeeping routines simply because we didn't have resources to waste like the coders today do and as a result they are sloppy!
    03-04-11 06:57 PM
    Well, I've been up for 8d 19h 9m and have had the huge loss of 1.8MB. As I have said before, I am convinced that it is not the software/skins/icons that are really causing this problem for all of you. I'm totally convinced that the problem emminates from a firmware problem which is not allowing proper memory management to occur. Certainly the apps may have poor housekeeping routines and I actually believe that some do, but the OS through it's own code or the firmware (I think most the firmware) is as much the culperit. My $.02 FWIW.
    It's been just over 5 days for me and I've lost 1.5MB. You may be right about the firmware problem. I do know that some apps are terrible memory hogs Crap World.
    03-04-11 07:00 PM
    alt/LGLG is a little tough for me to hit without speed dialing someone. Guess I'm not going to worry about it.
    I'm not worrying about it either, Jim...At this point I don't want to be checking something else And ignorance is bliss

Thanks for the good wishes, all the good wishes from the ramblers must have worked, all is clear and I got a 5 yr repreive.

Yeah!! Good to hear!!
    You are probably right- all these devices act differently and I can't see rhyme nor reason for it. As long as my device works fine for me, I'm not going to sweat it...

Loosing mem while in the charger makes no sense at all, other than there is stuff running that causes it just as if it was sitting on your desk or in your purse and looses mem.

Other than getting a replacement device the only thing that I can see that would heip is to have the device reboot about 15 or 20 minutes before you get up in the am, then it would be reasonably fresh. Unless you are going to replace the device, just ignore the overnight mem loss and move on.
    ....Unless...of course I start seeing massive drops, and than it might be an option of checking into switching devices....Jaydee..what happened with the VZW rep...weren't you working on the memory issue and thinking of getting a new phone? Or was it about something else?

I've checked and nothing seems to be running...but will check again..

Ah-ha!!!! FWIW for what it's worth! I get it! Sorry, I am definately a little slow sometimes, don't let my approaching Addict status fool you, I am a newb at heart. Lol.

So why are we checking our event logs? I missed it, I'll wade back and see if I can pick up on what ya'll are talking about.

Edit: Regarding memory leaks, mine goes from 270 after reboot to 230 and will hang there for a long while and then drop to 220 and less. I don't notice any performance difference in the phone, do you guys? When I was telling my BF about the mem leak he said "if it doesn't affect the way the phone operates, don't worry about it, just reset it" so now I am curious, what does it affect?
    Don't worry about the event log. I'm not.
    Your BF has it right - if its not affecting your performance on the device, don't sweat it too much.....
    03-04-11 07:07 PM

IvHS

I have 2 questions:

Is it affecting your device?

Why are you messing around in the event log? It is intended to record all kinds of stuff that is happening on your device which is not intended to be fathomable by us. The info there is useful to top level tech support folks at RIM and their coders primarily in MHO. Unless you are a very skilled in the operating system I'd stay out.
    03-04-11 08:01 PM
    I just read that whole thing about event logs, and such so yeah, I'm not going to worry either.

I also read stuff about minimizing leaks in some other forums. Stuff like shutting all unused apps down and logging out of social things like FB and then there was this whole thing on wiping and re-installing with BB boss and "cutting the fat"and not installing/deleting apps you don't use, etc, etc. All very fascinating stuff.

It's gotten quiet here in ramblings. All the Easties must be getting ready for bed.

Helooo....anyone on the West Coast....helooo?

03-04-11 08:09 PM

Hi Bob!!!! I was just wondering how you did yesterday! Great news to hear all is well and the pipes are free and clear LOL but seriously, glad things are well

I'm starting to look at your logic for the firmware being the issue and I have to say I agree. Getting another device could possibly help, but as far as I go, I know what to expect from my device and how it acts, so I can manage it the way that I've learned how it runs--if that made any sense. So for me getting another device and learning it's habits isn't on the top of my list right now, I know what I have with mine and what to expect, so i'll stick with it
    I have 2 questions:

Is it affecting your device?

Why are you messing around in the event log? It is intended to record all kinds of stuff that is happening on your device which is not intended to be fathomable by us. The info there is useful to top level tech support folks at RIM and their coders primarily in MHO. Unless you are a very skilled in the operating system I'd stay out.
    Well to be honest since my first bb I was always in the habit of checking the mem log, it's what i learned here on CB over 2yrs ago, but things changed since then and the devices are a little more advanced now as compared to a device from 2yrs ago. When I first got my Bold in Dec it didn't occur to me to check it but today it was acting kinda sluggish and it gave me an issue while I was trying to set a BW custom set and I said to myself let me just check it out. That's when I found all those errors like the one I posted---idk how many of them there are but if I had to guess, over 25. I don't know if I should be concerned about it, but since my post I did just let it roll off my shoulder and forgot about it and decided to leave well enough alone. Im due for a batt pull now anyway, I'm up 14hrs and down 42MB. :roll eyes: YaY Me! LOL

So all my poking around with it and I forgot about it anyway!

03-04-11 08:23 PM
23,186 ... 478479480481482 ...