guys/gals I just realized when I replied to Bobs post wondering about the # diff between all the bb meter aPps, etc. I accidently put "BattEx" in my post when I meant to say "BB Meter" I did correct my post so if it confuzzled anyone I understand. Sorry! For some reason I always confuse the 2 names!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 09:32 AM
    yes, turning off will just halt the leak at the number it has already leaked to.

I understand what you mean, I used to leave mine on all the time as well, but I've gotten to the point where if someone REALLY needs me, they have my home# to call if theres an emergency.
    Here's the thing..I wish they would call my home number (it would certainly save my minutes), but for some reason most insist on calling me on my mobile. Is there a way to forward the BB to home phone or is that a feature that you get from Verizon? Do you know?
    03-03-11 10:35 AM
    Is there a way to forward the BB to home phone or is that a feature that you get from Verizon? Do you know?
    Yep, it's called "call forwarding". When your cell rings it just goes to whichever number you want. It should be listed on your plan if it's available or not. I have no clue as to how to set it up as I've never used it and can't even remember if it's an option on my plan or if it's a general option for all, but it's been an available option for years. Check the website or google or call verizon, but def worth a check. I'm sure someone will chime in with better info.

EDIT: I found this info under my 900min plan as an option.

Call Forwarding
    Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service. Airtime applies to all forwarded/transferred calls.Toll, long distance and additional charges may apply, depending on the number to which the calls are forwarded.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-03-11 at 11:19 AM.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-03-11 11:13 AM
    Here's the thing..I wish they would call my home number (it would certainly save my minutes), but for some reason most insist on calling me on my mobile. Is there a way to forward the BB to home phone or is that a feature that you get from Verizon? Do you know?
    yes as Jim said, its call forwarding. Verizon does have it free of charge, if it still is free. I use it on rare occassion.

to forward your calls, from your cell, dial
    *72 + the number you want it to go to. so It would look like this:
    *72 555 555 5555 "send"

to stop the call forwarding, from your bb dial *73 send
    Once you set a call to forward to a specific number, I always give a test call just to be sure its forwarding ok.

hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-03-11 11:22 AM
    Yep, it's called "call forwarding". When your cell rings it just goes to whichever number you want. It should be listed on your plan if it's available or not. I have no clue as to how to set it up as I've never used it and can't even remember if it's an option on my plan or if it's a general option for all, but it's been an available option for years. Check the website or google or call verizon, but def worth a check. I'm sure someone will chime in with better info.

Call Forwarding
    Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service. Airtime applies to all forwarded/transferred calls.Toll, long distance and additional charges may apply, depending on the number to which the calls are forwarded.
    So if I understood this correctly Jim, even with call forwarding your bb gets charged airtime minutes? Did I misunderstand something
    03-03-11 11:29 AM
    oh Hamster, on another note, did you figure out why your QL doesn't do the reboot feature for the time you have set? I haven't had a chance to play with mine yet. I set it last night for an automatic reboot every morn at 6am, but it didn't do it, idk why. Just curious if you've fig'd it out yet.
    03-03-11 11:31 AM

Call Forwarding
    Thanks for the info...I wasn't sure if my plan had it or not..ok I'm going to have to log into my verizon and check it out. Now I'm curious.

yes as Jim said, its call forwarding. Verizon does have it free of charge, if it still is free. I use it on rare occassion.

to forward your calls, from your cell, dial
    *72 + the number you want it to go to. so It would look like this:
    *72 555 555 5555 "send"

to stop the call forwarding, from your bb dial *73 send
    Once you set a call to forward to a specific number, I always give a test call just to be sure its forwarding ok.

Once I've checked to see if indeed I have this option, I'll do that, thanks!
    But I do want to make sure about airtime minutes...then really what's the point?

oh Hamster, on another note, did you figure out why your QL doesn't do the reboot feature for the time you have set? I haven't had a chance to play with mine yet. I set it last night for an automatic reboot every morn at 6am, but it didn't do it, idk why. Just curious if you've fig'd it out yet.
    haven't figured it out yet. What I was going to do was uncheck the option, reboot, and check it again and see if it works tomorrow morning..I had it set up for 630, so let you know tomorrow.
    03-03-11 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the info...I wasn't sure if my plan had it or not..ok I'm going to have to log into my verizon and check it out. Now I'm curious.

Once I've checked to see if indeed I have this option, I'll do that, thanks!
    But I do want to make sure about airtime minutes...then really what's the point?

haven't figured it out yet. What I was going to do was uncheck the option, reboot, and check it again and see if it works tomorrow morning..I had it set up for 630, so let you know tomorrow.
    I agree, if VzW still bangs you with airtime mins on a forwarding, then really, wtf is the sense in using it! Well, hopefully when you find out, it will be beneficial to you and it WON'T use airtime minutes.

As for the QL reboot thing, I just finished up lunch I'm gonna eff around with this now and see what i can figure out. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

I think jaydee uses QL for a daily reboot, no?
    OHHHH JAYDEEEEEEEE where are thou? If you could, would you please tell Hamster and I what we are doing wrong with the QL scheduled reboot? (you do use it right? LOL) We both have it scheduled, mine is a 6am'er and Hamster is a 630'er but neither one of our reboots worked for us. Is there another setting were suppose to have on it? TIA
    03-03-11 11:50 AM
    Hamster, I think I found the solution to our reboot issue with QL. gimme a few to try it out and I'll post back with the solution if it works for me

EDIT: I'm still working on it. Alot of trial and error with the permission settings. I'm soooo close!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-03-11 at 12:38 PM.
    03-03-11 11:57 AM
    Hamster, I think I found the solution to our reboot issue with QL. gimme a few to try it out and I'll post back with the solution if it works for me

EDIT: I'm still working on it. Alot of trial and error with the permission settings. I'm soooo close!
    lol! sherlock holmes....waiting to know what it is!
    03-03-11 12:55 PM
    As for QL, I always set the permissions to all allow.
    Then I just set it up and it works. Every morning it reboots an hour before I get up and by the time I do, I'm already down 12 MB.
    03-03-11 01:14 PM
    I agree, if VzW still bangs you with airtime mins on a forwarding, then really, wtf is the sense in using it! Well, hopefully when you find out, it will be beneficial to you and it WON'T use airtime minutes.
    Yup, call forward uses airtime mins even if transferring/forwarding to landline. Just checked my plan.
    So again, WTH is the point? I mean really.
    03-03-11 01:19 PM
    lol! sherlock holmes....waiting to know what it is!
    OK!! I've fig'd it out. FInally! lol.

it take about 15-20 mins overall to set up. follow the instructions to the tee. (I found part of the instructions on nikkisoft.com)

Ok, go to Options>Device>App Management
    Scroll down to QL, open it and edit permissions. set the 3 to DENY. click back and save. DO NOT REBOOT, click restart later. then click back into permissions. set the 3 to ALLOW. click back and save. DO NOT REBOOT YET. Now in your apps list right below QL, you should see <reset> and/or <reset2> DELETE both of these, or if you just see one, delete it.
    now you can REBOOT.

When your screen comes back up, it will say "changes applied" click OK.

Set a test reboot now. keep an eye on the screen. You will see the QL box pop up saying your device is gonna reset in 5 seconds etc. DONT TOUCH ANYTHING.

Another box will pop up asking you to grant <reset2> permission DONT TOUCH ANYTHING again. the screen will toggle itself to "NO"

after that it will just return to your home screen. it will not reboot at that time because it just needed to "reset" the permissions.

Now, you can go back into QL and set your daily reboot time for 630am. Once you've done that, a box will pop up again saying "a restart is required for the changes to take place" DONT TOUCH ANYTHING. the screen will toggle itself again to "restart now"

your device will reboot itself now and when it comes back on you'll get the "changes applied" message pop up, click ok. Now it should reboot every morning at 630am for you, I'm at 6am.

I guess tomorrow we will see if this worked! good luck

If you get stuck on any of the directions, just pm me and I'll help ya out Its easy to set up, just a PITA with the rebooting. LOL

My trial and error, I must've rebooted 10 times till I finally got it
    03-03-11 01:34 PM
    As for QL, I always set the permissions to all allow.
    Then I just set it up and it works. Every morning it reboots an hour before I get up and by the time I do, I'm already down 12 MB.
    yes our permissions were set correctly but for whatever reason it wasn't working. It has something to do with the "reset" and "reset2" opts in the app management screen. I fig'd it out.
    Yup, call forward uses airtime mins even if transferring/forwarding to landline. Just checked my plan.
    So again, WTH is the point? I mean really.
    WTF???? so what is the point of the forwarding then??? that is ridiculous. VzW nit picking ever dime and minute we pay for.
    03-03-11 01:36 PM
    In case anyone notices, something is going wonky on CB....all the avatar pix are boxes with red X's.
    03-03-11 01:37 PM
    OK!! I've fig'd it out. FInally! lol.

it take about 15-20 mins overall to set up. follow the instructions to the tee. (I found part of the instructions on nikkisoft.com)

Ok, go to Options>Device>App Management
    Scroll down to QL, open it and edit permissions. set the 3 to DENY. click back and save. DO NOT REBOOT, click restart later. then click back into permissions. set the 3 to ALLOW. click back and save. DO NOT REBOOT YET. Now in your apps list right below QL, you should see <reset> and/or <reset2> DELETE both of these, or if you just see one, delete it.
    now you can REBOOT.

When your screen comes back up, it will say "changes applied" click OK.

Set a test reboot now. keep an eye on the screen. You will see the QL box pop up saying your device is gonna reset in 5 seconds etc. DONT TOUCH ANYTHING.

Another box will pop up asking you to grant <reset2> permission DONT TOUCH ANYTHING again. the screen will toggle itself to "NO"

after that it will just return to your home screen. it will not reboot at that time because it just needed to "reset" the permissions.

Now, you can go back into QL and set your daily reboot time for 630am. Once you've done that, a box will pop up again saying "a restart is required for the changes to take place" DONT TOUCH ANYTHING. the screen will toggle itself again to "restart now"

your device will reboot itself now and when it comes back on you'll get the "changes applied" message pop up, click ok. Now it should reboot every morning at 630am for you, I'm at 6am.

I guess tomorrow we will see if this worked! good luck

If you get stuck on any of the directions, just pm me and I'll help ya out Its easy to set up, just a PITA with the rebooting. LOL

My trial and error, I must've rebooted 10 times till I finally got it
    sent you a pm...I followed everything and it seemed to work. Everything up until the test reboot anyways.....So we shall see tomorrow a.m!
    Thank-you so much...

WTF???? so what is the point of the forwarding then??? that is ridiculous. VzW nit picking ever dime and minute we pay for.
    You got me. Makes no sense at all.
    03-03-11 02:17 PM
    sent you a pm...I followed everything and it seemed to work. Everything up until the test reboot anyways.....So we shall see tomorrow a.m!
    Thank-you so much...

You got me. Makes no sense at all.
    yes I got it & YW. What I don't understand is why your bb rebooted on the test run and mine didn't LOL! These devices will drive me crazy!

Ok, well good luck-hopefully when we compare notes 2moro we'll both report a reboot at scheduled time! that's the plan anyways! Stay optimistic

03-03-11 02:32 PM
    So this BB-meter...where do you get it? I looked in the CB app store but eneded up going to google and it gave me a site, is this the way?

Also, do we all just use BattEx because of it's customization abilities? Nothing else?

And of course I missed out on the DOD when QuickLaunch was on sale....duh, man, I'm slow sometimes.

03-03-11 02:51 PM
    Essex, go here to dwld BB meter for OS 5.0 and higher
    BB Meter dwnld

After installing, make sure you do a baTtery pull

03-03-11 02:56 PM
    So if I understood this correctly Jim, even with call forwarding your bb gets charged airtime minutes? Did I misunderstand something
    Yeah, kinda sounds that way. I'd call verizon to verify just what the deal is.
    03-03-11 04:27 PM
    So this BB-meter...where do you get it? I looked in the CB app store but eneded up going to google and it gave me a site, is this the way?

Also, do we all just use BattEx because of it's customization abilities? Nothing else?

And of course I missed out on the DOD when QuickLaunch was on sale....duh, man, I'm slow sometimes.

To tell the truth, I put BatteryEx on the other BlackBerry phones in my house because I get much of the same monitoring data that I get on my phone with MeterBerry, but BatteryEx is free. It's a plus that you can customize the icon and such, but it works and it's free. Two good reasons to use it.
    03-03-11 07:06 PM
    I mixed my drink with Crystal Light lemonade. I still can't drink lemonade and my exam was eight years ago!!
    LMAO Dr Prince! I can't do crystal light lemonade or lemon jello!! Now that was funny!!

03-03-11 07:57 PM
    Hamster called, and yes, it does go against your cell minutes. It doesn't seem fair to do that though, but thats just MHO.

i was already sleeping when all this excitment went on! When I signed on before, I saw it was too late!

I've still got my eye on that one Stephanie@ Phantoms did for you. I'm gonna wind up breaking down and buying it!

YW, glad it worked for you. I don't take credit for all of the instruction, Nikki Soft did have the 1st part of it to adjust the permissions & delete reset/reset2 -- the rest i had to figure out with trial and error, thats why it took me soooo long and 10 batt pulls!

Mine did not work this morn and idk why, so I'm going to reset it again! I think with doing it so many times, I actually missed a step for myself because I was fried by time I was done! D.O.N.E. DONE! LOL

I missed out on the Grafitti Theme give away! BOOOOOO! i was sleeping! damm, sleep is over rated! lmao.
    The call forwarding thing still has me scratching my head. it's just dumb. plan dumb.

sorry the reset didn't work for you...maybe just go through all those steps again and see.
    Yikes...It was a PITA...

I was lucky to have caught the contest in time!

On another note and I forgot to mention this to you...but since 443, I don't get the img codes sent to my memo pad anymore from Zona Snap?
    Did yours ever get sorted out?
    03-04-11 07:52 AM
    The call forwarding thing still has me scratching my head. it's just dumb. plan dumb.

sorry the reset didn't work for you...maybe just go through all those steps again and see.
    Yikes...It was a PITA...

I was lucky to have caught the contest in time!

On another note and I forgot to mention this to you...but since 443, I don't get the img codes sent to my memo pad anymore from Zona Snap?
    Did yours ever get sorted out?
    yea i agree, the CF thing is stooooooopid! as jaydee says! LOL

I'm gonna do the whole reset thing again....today.....Fongul!

Congrats on the win for the theme! I know you will enjoy it, you change themes more than i do! LOL

As for that ZonaSnap img code, on 431, it only worked for me 1 lousy time! I never did get it sorted out, I emailed to them and never heard back! So when I upgraded to 443 and it still didn't send it to my memo pad, it was no surprise to me I feel I've wasted $1.99, I could've just kept the free vers of Zona and would've done the same thing it does now!
    03-04-11 07:57 AM
    yea i agree, the CF thing is stooooooopid! as jaydee says! LOL

I'm gonna do the whole reset thing again....today.....Fongul!

Congrats on the win for the theme! I know you will enjoy it, you change themes more than i do! LOL

As for that ZonaSnap img code, on 431, it only worked for me 1 lousy time! I never did get it sorted out, I emailed to them and never heard back! So when I upgraded to 443 and it still didn't send it to my memo pad, it was no surprise to me I feel I've wasted $1.99, I could've just kept the free vers of Zona and would've done the same thing it does now!
    I don't know why it doesn't send to your Memopad, Pink! I mean I looked at my Memopad (well, I use ActionPad) and it said I had 211 items! though WTF?? Then I realized it was all the img codes....OMG!! So I deleted them but one at a time....lol
    03-04-11 09:38 AM
23,186 ... 477478479480481 ...