I agree with you Al. My mem leak isn't as bad as jaydees, but it is a PITA to have to manage on a daily basis. In 6hrs I've dropped 23mb, which on 443 is better than what I was getting on 431.
    It is insane. Mine is at -8 on 14hrs, so not too bad..and I've been switching things up a lot as you guys can tell
    Al3azim - you have a point....do you think the bold touch will fare better?
    03-01-11 09:06 PM
    That is insane - Somehow I think this memory leak issue will not get fixed for our devices. The only way to avoid this is basically getting a device that was designed with OS6 as the original OS like the 9780 or Torch. I hope I am wrong though
    The big puzzler is why some have it, some have it worse and some don't have it at all. This makes me think it is a flaw in a particular device working in conjunction with certain add ons like themes, special icons and certain apps. My memory does not leak at all(less than 1mb/24hrs). I even tried the battery ex that was an issue and had a leaking situation that stabilized and never happened again. Like it was becoming accustomed to my bold and settling in. But why JayDee has her drastic leak that never settles, now That is the Question.
    Could be a fault in the internals somehow not allowing the bold to regain it's mb of lost memory. It just keeps leaking instead of stabilizing and recovering? I notice when I run my browser my mem goes down a bit but always recovers as I'm browsing. Gotta be some faulty internal issue with the device that prevents recovery of it's own memory. My 2 cents
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-01-11 at 11:40 PM.
    03-01-11 11:31 PM
    Essex.....did you say that sometimes you ramble??? Hehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Frequently. Now it's just going to get worse while I hang out in ramblings. Hee hee.
    03-01-11 11:53 PM
    Well the weird charging activity continues. I gained 56% charge in a half hour on my 2600ma battery, using a 700mah charger. So looks like I'll be getting a new seidio 2600 battery this weekend and passing it along to one of my kids when I upgrade the the Bold Touch.
    03-02-11 03:06 AM
    Well the weird charging activity continues. I gained 56% charge in a half hour on my 2600ma battery, using a 700mah charger. So looks like I'll be getting a new seidio 2600 battery this weekend and passing it along to one of my kids when I upgrade the the Bold Touch.
    I know there are rumored phones but is the Bold Touch a reality? I haven't been keeping track as I have another year to go on my Bold.
    03-02-11 06:43 AM
    I know there are rumored phones but is the Bold Touch a reality? I haven't been keeping track as I have another year to go on my Bold.
    As far as I know its a real thing that will happen. There are pictures of a real device out there, without any branding so far. So I guess the big question is who gets it and when. It also fits the puzzle of the upcoming EOL date of our beloved 9650s, if that EOL date is still current and true.
    03-02-11 07:19 AM
    There may be an EOL for our BOLD officially, but everytime I mention it people say that it is rumored only. Anyway, there may be an end of life in sight for the BOLD...BUT NOT FOR MINE!

It's alive and well and vibrant and doing work 24/7 and making me happy at the same time!

Good Luck Skyboxer! Keep me posted, ok?
    03-02-11 07:27 AM
    The big puzzler is why some have it, some have it worse and some don't have it at all. This makes me think it is a flaw in a particular device working in conjunction with certain add ons like themes, special icons and certain apps. My memory does not leak at all(less than 1mb/24hrs). I even tried the battery ex that was an issue and had a leaking situation that stabilized and never happened again. Like it was becoming accustomed to my bold and settling in. But why JayDee has her drastic leak that never settles, now That is the Question.
    Could be a fault in the internals somehow not allowing the bold to regain it's mb of lost memory. It just keeps leaking instead of stabilizing and recovering? I notice when I run my browser my mem goes down a bit but always recovers as I'm browsing. Gotta be some faulty internal issue with the device that prevents recovery of it's own memory. My 2 cents
    Jim, who knows what the deal is! Usually I don't recover any mem while browsing till I clear my cache out, and even then, I don't regain that much back.

If it is something internally faulty that doesn't have the ability to gain the mem back, what doesn't make sense to me is why do some devices recover & function ok, while others like jaydees, hamsters & mine just drop? Ya know what I mean? It's mind boggling!
    Frequently. Now it's just going to get worse while I hang out in ramblings. Hee hee.
    welcome to the dysfunctional ramblin family!
    ahhhh. Well, the good part of that is at least you will be able to pass it on to one of your kids, so the money isn't completely out the window. I haven't even thought about looking into my next upgrade because I did just get my Bold in Dec., but prob sometime the end of this yr or beginning of next I'll start snooping around.
    There may be an EOL for our BOLD officially, but everytime I mention it people say that it is rumored only. Anyway, there may be an end of life in sight for the BOLD...BUT NOT FOR MINE!

It's alive and well and vibrant and doing work 24/7 and making me happy at the same time!

I'm right there with ya, mine is alive and well too!
    03-02-11 07:53 AM

Oh my Bold is still a fine device also (no leaks!) But I want the best BlackBerry experience I can have. People balk at paying full price but I don't think they realize this is something that will be in or near their hand during pretty much all their waking hours. That means a lot to me and is worth the price of admission. So if its as good as the specs say, then I'm there, as long as the battery will hold out.
    Which brings me back to my other post. I hope to find a replacement seidio 2600 locally, but I'll order if I have to. Either way I'll keep you informed.
    03-02-11 08:23 AM
    My browser's been freezing then closing on it's own alot lately. I'm thinking it might be time to try something different. I might mosey on over to the hybrid section and see whats what over there. I can't browse CB for more than a minute or two before crashing and closing. It does seem to be CB only tho so far. Anybody else haviong issues browsing CB with their BB browser?
    Re: the bold touch, if it comes to verizon I'd be inclined to pick one up. It looks really like a nice upgrade spec wise. I read somewhere awhile back that said it was headed to Sprint. So at least it is cdma.(also) I would think Verizon would pick it up. (fingers crossed)

03-02-11 09:10 AM
    My browser's been freezing then closing on it's own alot lately. I'm thinking it might be time to try something different. I might mosey on over to the hybrid section and see whats what over there. I can't browse CB for more than a minute or two before crashing and closing. It does seem to be CB only tho so far. Anybody else haviong issues browsing CB with their BB browser?
    Re: the bold touch, if it comes to verizon I'd be inclined to pick one up. It looks really like a nice upgrade spec wise. I read somewhere awhile back that said it was headed to Sprint. So at least it is cdma.(also) I would think Verizon would pick it up. (fingers crossed)

Jim, WAIT!!!
    About 8 or 9 hours ago CB was having trouble with the site...the mobile site, I think. Could it be affecting what you're trying to do?
    I read a post somewhere from Blaze or Kevin about it.

Check out the CB news and see if it's fixed. I doubt it's your browser...probably the site.
    03-02-11 09:20 AM
    Jim, WAIT!!!
    About 8 or 9 hours ago CB was having trouble with the site...the mobile site, I think. Could it be affecting what you're trying to do?
    I read a post somewhere from Blaze or Kevin about it.

Check out the CB news and see if it's fixed. I doubt it's your browser...probably the site.
    Thanks for the "heads up". When I first loaded this hybrid the browser never crashed and I thought it was "gold". Slowly it started to crash a bit more often and this morning is the worst so far. So I don't know if it's CB or not. Since I'm probably on CB more than any other site, CB tends to get the blame. I know your using bolt so we can't compare notes. There is a new leak out, 481 I think, thats been built into a hybrid. To be honest my browser has had the crashing issue to one degree or another since I came over to 6. So I dunno. I guess there's always bolt. Gotta find my coke bottle glasses first.
    03-02-11 09:55 AM

Jim, mine hasn't crashed, but it has froze quite a few times now since I've changed over to the method you use, the default view. It especially froze over the larger typed font, where as at that point I had to force my browser closed because it stopped responding. But on the "mobile view" without the magnifying glass, it was ok. So I've been toggling back and forth between the 2 methods. I think it may be the bb with the default view method on CB that is causing your issue. Just my .02cents here.
    03-02-11 10:04 AM
    Jim, mine hasn't crashed, but it has froze quite a few times now since I've changed over to the method you use, the default view. It especially froze over the larger typed font, where as at that point I had to force my browser closed because it stopped responding. But on the "mobile view" without the magnifying glass, it was ok. So I've been toggling back and forth between the 2 methods. I think it may be the bb with the default view method on CB that is causing your issue. Just my .02cents here.
    I noticed the same thing so I think your onto something. It's probably just the way it is. Mine will freeze and if I leave it alone it will close in about a minute. It's only when using the text wrap feature. Probably just have to live with it.
    03-02-11 10:32 AM
    I noticed the same thing so I think your onto something. It's probably just the way it is. Mine will freeze and if I leave it alone it will close in about a minute. It's only when using the text wrap feature. Probably just have to live with it.
    yes, I noticed right away yesterday aft you gave me direction on how to work the default magnifying glass function. Within the first 10 mins of being on it and browsing through the screen shots of the bold section, that's when mine first froze and forced itself shut. The second time was something I was reading and the font was gigantic and it froze again, but that time I forced my browser closed. So there is a pattern there, that's why I toggle back and forth between the 2 functions now. Guess we will just have to deal with it! Oh well.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-02-11 at 01:58 PM.
    03-02-11 10:52 AM
    @ Pink, This has been a progressive disorder for my browser tho. It has simply deteriorated over a period of time. About 3 weeks or so. It seems I've noticed that when I load a diff os it works better then slowly drops off to being a pita. I may try that new hybrid, gives me an excuse, right,? right?
    03-02-11 11:06 AM
    Jim, I also notice a new OS works better right away and then settles into being stooooopid.

But I have too many apps and themes installed to switch now unless there is a good reason...you'd think a -75MB loss would be a good reason, huh????
    03-02-11 11:42 AM
    Jim, I also notice a new OS works better right away and then settles into being stooooopid.

But I have too many apps and themes installed to switch now unless there is a good reason...you'd think a -75MB loss would be a good reason, huh????
    FWIW someone posted that there was no memory leaks noticed with this hybrid. Don't know if that means they were having issues previously on another os or not. It's a 466 base with a 481 over the top and some 6.0.13 thrown in. I'm downloading some fresh files right now and a copy of plain 431 just as a backup for any "just in case" scenerio.
    Apparently there has been a reported bug already of Q/L not working with media files. I don't use that feature anyway. D/L done, Time to install.
    03-02-11 11:55 AM
    FWIW someone posted that there was no memory leaks noticed with this hybrid. Don't know if that means they were having issues previously on another os or not. It's a 466 base with a 481 over the top and some 6.0.13 thrown in. I'm downloading some fresh files right now and a copy of plain 431 just as a backup for any "just in case" scenerio.
    Apparently there has been a reported bug already of Q/L not working with media files. I don't use that feature anyway. D/L done, Time to install.
    No Memory leaks! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    As if.
    I will probably wait. I'm sure I will have them. I'm at -47 right now after 8.5 hours. Multiply that number out...-94 after 17 hours....we're not to a full day yet....****E
    03-02-11 12:10 PM
    @ Pink, This has been a progressive disorder for my browser tho. It has simply deteriorated over a period of time. About 3 weeks or so. It seems I've noticed that when I load a diff os it works better then slowly drops off to being a pita. I may try that new hybrid, gives me an excuse, right,? right?
    ok, I see. So basically over this time you've noticed a degrade in browser performance, gotcha. Mine was immediate when I switched to the default view-it got to be too tedious since yest so I'm back to the wap3 versh w/my purple reading glasses for a lil extra help.

Heck, its as good as any reason to load a new OS! Go for it!

03-02-11 12:13 PM

I have to agree jaydee, as fun as it is to swap out OS's, it does become a PITA when you have to re-activate apps & themes! Your def doubled of what I have, and I find it cumbersome. TG I am content with 443.......for now

03-02-11 12:16 PM
    OK, I've got the 481 hybrid combo up and running for the past 3 hours or so and it seems fine, no issues I've noticed yet. The known QL bug with accessing media files is nothing I can't work around. Everything is pretty snappy fast and good.

@hamster and Pink, I couldn't believe the colors in that pic you both commented on. Right outside my door. We usually do get pretty nice sunsets here, but last evening's was a keeper so I snapped it.
    03-02-11 05:09 PM
    OK, I've got the 481 hybrid combo up and running for the past 3 hours or so and it seems fine, no issues I've noticed yet. The known QL bug with accessing media files is nothing I can't work around. Everything is pretty snappy fast and good.

@hamster and Pink, I couldn't believe the colors in that pic you both commented on. Right outside my door. We usually do get pretty nice sunsets here, but last evening's was a keeper so I snapped it.
    Good luck with the HYBRID, there Jim, lol!
    Amazing, the colours, the scene. Breathtaking, I would have snapped a couple myself ..do you mind sharing it?
    03-02-11 05:36 PM
    Good luck with the HYBRID, there Jim, lol!
    Amazing, the colours, the scene. Breathtaking, I would have snapped a couple myself ..do you mind sharing it?
    Help yourself,

jaydee5799 and hamsterwheel like this.
    03-02-11 05:50 PM

wonderful, hopefully all will go well with the 481 hybrid. Its funny you mentioned the media bug with QL, i acutally have it on 443. When I bring up QL, and hit "M" it'll bring me to "media-pictures" i click it, and sometimes QL will close and go right back to my homescreen. I thought there was something funky goin on. It doesn't do it all the time tho. It seems quirky. lol.

As for that sunset, damn, it doesn't get any nicer looking than that right out your front door! that was def a keeper!
    03-02-11 05:59 PM
23,186 ... 475476477478479 ...