Yes, it does the same thing. Makes life easier, and that is what it is all about.
    Awesome..was getting tired of pulling, and I can't quite get that 3 finger salute thing
    So this swwweeeettt
    02-27-11 07:59 AM
    And one more!

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-27-11 08:15 AM
    Awesome..was getting tired of pulling, and I can't quite get that 3 finger salute thing
    So this swwweeeettt
    LOL... I have never been able to get that 3 finger salute either, I felt like a moron every time I tried it.
    02-27-11 08:40 AM
    Hamster, TJ, Essex and Pink- If you gals are HK fans... go here and see all the wallies she has!!!
    Danity Screenies
    02-27-11 10:53 AM
    Hamster? Essex? Who's the ladybug freak???
    Here's one from Jules' blog.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-27-11 11:05 AM
    Hamster, TJ, Essex and Pink- If you gals are HK fans... go here and see all the wallies she has!!!
    Danity Screenies
    Thanks...But HK not my style Tho...I do have ONLY 1 that I thought was cute
    02-27-11 11:09 AM
    Now, ladybugs, I do like!! TY!
    02-27-11 11:10 AM
    Jim and Prince....where is BOB????
    Is he out working again? That man has to learn that WORK is a 4 letter word!!!
    I haven't seen him post in a dog's age!
    Jaydee, I don't remember him saying anything about being gone. We're gonna have to send a search party out to find him!
    Last edited by princebb; 02-27-11 at 11:33 AM.
    02-27-11 11:29 AM
    Quick question: is rebooting from QL the same as a battery pull?
    While a reset solves a lot of issues, many of us have found that nothing works like a battery pull. There is a difference. Recall that a battery pull completely clears the volitile memory, where the reset does not. The reset reloads the OS from memory and resets timing (among other housekeeping chores). A battery pull should last at least three minutes to allow the capacitors (components that maintain the volitile memory) to fully discharge, completely clearing that memory. The non-volitile memory, where all your programs and data are stored, are protected.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-27-11 at 12:04 PM.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-27-11 11:59 AM
    While a reset solves a lot of issues, many of us have found that nothing works like a battery pull. There is a difference. Recall that a battery pull completely clears the volitile memory, where the reset does not. The reset reloads the OS from memory and resets timing (among other housekeeping chores). A barrery pull should last at least three minutes to allow the capacitors (components that maintain the volitile memory) to fully discharge, completely clearing that memory. The non-volitile memory, where all your programs and data are stored, are protected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for this. So, if I were to download an app, theme, etc...would the QL reset be sufficient? When is it best for a real battery pull, and when is it ok for a reset?
    02-27-11 12:03 PM
    Normaiiy a reset is sufficient for most occasions. I always restart my phone after I load anything. I typically save the battery pull for those times when the OS isn't right, and after I download or set a new theme or make changes that affect how the OS works.

02-27-11 12:10 PM
    I usually just pull the battery. It works for everything.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-27-11 12:14 PM
    here's another lady bug & chameleon one I came accross this morn girls!

essex2start and TJC70 like this.
    02-27-11 12:56 PM
    I can't wait till Paul logs on tomorrow to see all the screenies!
    He's gonna flip!!!
    Can't you just hear him now?
    02-27-11 03:33 PM
    What's up with all the lady bugs?? Just wondering.

02-27-11 03:55 PM
    I heart, heart, heart ladybugs, dragonflies and butterflies!! Thanks

OHHHH....and lizards too!! I'm in love with that little geico gecko dude! lol
    02-27-11 04:20 PM
    Glad I could be of help. I'm usually the one asking questions. This thread and the Ramblers have been so much help in learning about my BB.

Sorry to hear that it was completely fixed. The Dell techs will walk you through it though.
    OK, Tammy is feeling like da shizzle now!!! LOL

So this has been driving me NUTS (along with the fact that I can't figure out how to do the whole zip thing for my batterex skins, but that's for another day, lol)....so I started messing with the F2 startup. Dangerous I know, but sitting around in my PJ's and figured wth i'm feeling daring today, lol

So I saw that my pc showed that it was to boot the removable first and not the hard drive....switched those around and viola....BEAUTIFUL IT WORKED!!!!

Now for a glass of moscato to celebrate~~ party on peeps!!
    02-27-11 04:27 PM
    here's another lady bug & chameleon one I came accross this morn girls!

Awwww Pink I LOVE it!!!

Now, this is gonna sound dorky, but I have never dwl'd a wallpaper from my PC (always done from my bb)....what is the EASIEST way to do this?? (keep in mind that I haven't figured out the whole zip thing yet although I have spent admittedly several hours trying )
    02-27-11 04:29 PM
    I usually just pull the battery. It works for everything.
    Same here....even though it does take longer, it's the surest way for me!

Brought to you by your loyal Dr Prince show cohost!! hehe....geez I just love Moscato!
    02-27-11 04:31 PM
    While a reset solves a lot of issues, many of us have found that nothing works like a battery pull. There is a difference. Recall that a battery pull completely clears the volitile memory, where the reset does not. The reset reloads the OS from memory and resets timing (among other housekeeping chores). A battery pull should last at least three minutes to allow the capacitors (components that maintain the volitile memory) to fully discharge, completely clearing that memory. The non-volitile memory, where all your programs and data are stored, are protected.
    This Underway is sweet noob information....I have wondered about this several times....and while I don't use QL (one thing at a time for Tammy, lol) I have wondered about the Alt+right shift+ delete.

Reboot, reset, soft pull, hard pull....lol

JayDee....this would be great info for a BatteryEmpire thread
    02-27-11 04:37 PM
    TJ, that's an excellent idea!
    I will kick that around a bit.

Now for those of you using Zona Snap paid and 466, how the freak do you put in the keycode? It is almost 500 characters long and I can't see typing it all by hand. Copy and Paste doesn't work for registering apps. Any ideas? Are you all using 431 again?
    02-27-11 05:15 PM
    jaydee, I'm still on 443, so far its running good on my bb and my mem leak has decreased even with using BW skins again As for ZonaSnap, I hand typed mine in! I was crossed eyed by time I got 'er done, but he11 its done! It wasn't pretty, perhaps the hubby can read off the code while you type it in

Btw, I'm really taking a liking to 443 I know for some of you guys it sucked golf balls but I'm doing good with it.

02-27-11 05:48 PM
    Awwww Pink I LOVE it!!!

Now, this is gonna sound dorky, but I have never dwl'd a wallpaper from my PC (always done from my bb)....what is the EASIEST way to do this?? (keep in mind that I haven't figured out the whole zip thing yet although I have spent admittedly several hours trying )
    glad you like the ladybug & chameleon! I thought it was uber cute! I love drangon flys also!

Ok, while your on your pc, scroll your mouse onto the pix you want. Left click, then right click & choose "email as" it should open up a screen for you to email the pix as an attachment. Type in your email that's linked with your bb, when you receive it on your bb, open the email and scroll to "attatchment" click it and it should offer you to "open attatchment" once you chose that, the pix will open-use your menu key to name and save it! Wham! Bam! Boom! Done!

02-27-11 05:52 PM
    Jim and Prince....where is BOB????
    Is he out working again? That man has to learn that WORK is a 4 letter word!!!
    I haven't seen him post in a dog's age!
    I don't know either. I did hear him say something about being somewhat occupied with some thing, not sure. I think if not tonite then tomorrow he'll pop in.
    Now for those of you using Zona Snap paid and 466, how the freak do you put in the keycode? It is almost 500 characters long and I can't see typing it all by hand. Copy and Paste doesn't work for registering apps. Any ideas? Are you all using 431 again?
    500 characters for a registration code?? Your kidding? I don't understand why that has to be so long. My longest code is maybe 10 or 12 char. Thanks for the "heads up" I won't be getting that app for this reason alone.
    I have wondered about the Alt+right shift+ delete
    This has been my method since I got my bold last June and I doubt I've done more than 1/2 a doz BP's. Never have any issue. Even use this after an os install and never have issues. My battery fits in it's little spot nice and snug and I think I want it to stay that way. Like a shot of vitamins every morning...reboot. Just me.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-27-11 at 06:24 PM.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-27-11 06:09 PM
    TJ, that's an excellent idea!
    I will kick that around a bit.

LOL! I have been putting off reloading ZonaSnap for two days because of that long azz keycode! Guess I will have the kids read it off to me tonight as I miss it!

I never got to changing to 443....so 431 it stays for me! With my pc problem and the fact that I still can't do the whole zip thing that was gonna take me over the top!
    02-27-11 06:11 PM
23,186 ... 468469470471472 ...