Which way do yall Ramblers prefer to use (thumbnail or list ) view ?
    I like list view simply because it's what I'm used to. Thumbnail generally takes me longer to find what I want. It's more aesthetically pleasing tho. I might give it another try.
    02-25-11 10:20 AM
    hi everyone, have a question for any one of you that may know or experienced this.

I'm trying to "cut" one of my pix and put it in a specific folder for the category. This just started, when I try to do this, I'm getting a box pop-up saying "There is not enough free memory on the file system to complete this action"

I have 12 folders altogether, the pix library, oem wp, bb logo, flower/insects, frilly, HK, shoes, St Pats day, sweets, vals day, Xmas, and finally a ZonaSnap folder.

I've tried doing a search, but haven't come up with any answers as of yet. TIA for anyone that can help me out with this one.

btw, I have an sd card, 8gb, have 7.2gb avail space.
    according to my options>device>management, I have 210mb in apps, 45mb other and 257 free. If those numbers will help by clarifying them.

battery pull did not help, btw.

EDIT; I found a solution and fixed it! Yay. I went into my media>options and increased my "Built-In Media Storage" from 5mb to 15mb. After backing out and saving the setting, I was able to move that 1 little pix
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-25-11 at 12:44 PM.
    02-25-11 12:24 PM
    I just turned my PC on and still only have the little white blinking cursor although when my initial dell screen came up I had the option of either choosing F2 for start menu or F12 for boot menu....I think that's what they said anyway as they were only on there for a short period of time before the cursor black screen came up. Pink, I didn't see anything about check utility disk.

Help help
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-25-11 01:22 PM
    Racking my brain here....and the only other thing I can think of that I did was the Ccleaner. Did I delete something vital?

02-25-11 01:30 PM
    Oh and I am able to pull up the F2 and F12 menus....but they aren't anything I have ever seen before so I exited out of both. Just in case that helps
    Sorry if I sound panicked....I'm in the freak out zone here! LOL
    I also did the ccleaner on the two laptops and they are both working fine! Yippeee
    Have to run a few errands, but if it would be easier for someone to walk me through this on bbm, please feel free....my pin is 3254C18F.
    Any help would be beaucoup appreciated!!!

02-25-11 01:37 PM
    Oh and I am able to pull up the F2 and F12 menus....but they aren't anything I have ever seen before so I exited out of both. Just in case that helps
    I also did the ccleaner on the two laptops and they are both working fine! Yippeee
    Have to run a few errands, but if it would be easier for someone to walk me through this on bbm, please feel free....my pin is 3254C18F.

Hi...I just added you on BBM.
    I honestly think though you might have to call Dell tech support - have you tried that? They will be able to "look" at your pc and see what the problem is and get you back up and running.
    If you can access the F2 or F12 - does it give you the option to start windows again in safe mode or something like that?
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-25-11 01:48 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6085597]

I'm trying to "cut" one of my pix and put it in a specific folder for the category. This just started, when I try to do this, I'm getting a box pop-up saying "There is not enough free memory on the file system to complete this action"

Pink, I would have answered you sooner but I was shoveling some of the 9" of snow we got this am.

When you move pictures...instead of using CUT, use MOVE. Then choose the folder where you want to move it to. The problem with CUT...I'm assuming here because I don't know for sure, is that when you CUT you are actually storing the pic (large) into the phones memory somehow... to be saved there until you PASTE it into another location. So to make a long story even longer...use MOVE. haha. I never have a problem with that.
    hamsterwheel and TJC70 like this.
    02-25-11 01:56 PM
    Pink, I would have answered you sooner but I was shoveling some of the 9" of snow we got this am.

When you move pictures...instead of using CUT, use MOVE. Then choose the folder where you want to move it to. The problem with CUT...I'm assuming here because I don't know for sure, is that when you CUT you are actually storing the pic (large) into the phones memory somehow... to be saved there until you PASTE it into another location. So to make a long story even longer...use MOVE. haha. I never have a problem with that.
    9"? Will this madness ever end? Still snowing??

As for the folders - thanks for the tip....It's time I started organizing my stuff as well. I've been adding quite a few things lately you know

Edit - I don't have the move option? Just cut or copy? hmm...
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 02-25-11 at 02:35 PM.
    02-25-11 02:07 PM
    I honestly think though you might have to call Dell tech support - have you tried that? They will be able to "look" at your pc and see what the problem is and get you back up and running.
    If you can access the F2 or F12 - does it give you the option to start windows again in safe mode or something like that?
    TJ, sorry, my brain is just mush today, really, idk wth is going on. Anyway, what Hamster posted here sounds like good places to start. If you can't get safe mode started, then def a call to Dell would be wise.

while i appreciate & value your advice, I just can't take it this time! LOL Seriously, there is no option to "move" in my media menu. Its just cut or copy. "Move" was on OS5 and lower, but since OS6 (431&443) for me, the "move" option is no longer avail, so thats why I've become accustomed to "cut"

more snow for you? it came in the form of rain for us here!
    As for the folders - thanks for the tip....It's time I started organizing my stuff as well. I've been adding quite a few things lately you know

Edit - I don't have the move option? Just cut or copy? hmm...
    your right, we don't have the "move" option. idk why it was taken out!
    02-25-11 02:47 PM

quick question. do you have a cd or dvd in the drive or a usb drive still connected? it could be trying to boot to one of them. good luck.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-25-11 03:51 PM
    Jaydee, just saw your write up on the bionic theme. Again, very impressive.
    You go girl!
    You know, you could write a BB Guide - one that the average joe could understand..I think you would do a bang up job!

Cheers to you....round of Guns and tonics for our published writer!
    02-25-11 06:18 PM
    Hi...I just added you on BBM.
    Ok Hamster...I called Dell and got someone who didn't speak english all that well. That was frustrating and think I will call back at another time! Wasn't good for my newly diagnosed high blood pressure! LOL I'm not liking turning 40 one single bit!!!

Thanks for all your help though today...I haven't given up yet

02-25-11 07:17 PM
    quick question. do you have a cd or dvd in the drive or a usb drive still connected? it could be trying to boot to one of them. good luck.
    Badhabit....actually I did have my flash drive connected and took it out right when I selected restart on my pc after installing DM and OS6. Could that be an issue?

02-25-11 07:21 PM
    Jaydee, just saw your write up on the bionic theme. Again, very impressive.
    You go girl!
    You know, you could write a BB Guide - one that the average joe could understand..I think you would do a bang up job!

Cheers to you....round of Guns and tonics for our published writer!
    +1 JayDee! Your style of writing is very easy to read and follow. It's kinda nice for noobs to follow that website....everything is fresh from the beginning!

Do you know if they are going to have a 101 type section like CB? That would be awesome!!

02-25-11 07:24 PM
    Ok Hamster...I called Dell and got someone who didn't speak english all that well. That was frustrating and think I will call back at another time! Wasn't good for my newly diagnosed high blood pressure! LOL I'm not liking turning 40 one single bit!!!

Thanks for all your help though today...I haven't given up yet

Lol! I forgot about the fact that they have outsourced a lot of their support..
    and yes it can get quite frustrating...Try again...
    Or you could try running the diagnostic disk yourself and see it that will help at all...
    Heck I turned 40 a couple years back - it's not really that bad!
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-25-11 07:28 PM
    Jaydee, I've never had a gun and tonic drinking editor on the Dr. Prince Show!! We've got to make this a first!

Last edited by princebb; 02-25-11 at 08:32 PM.
    02-25-11 08:19 PM
    TJC70 sounds like something happened to your system startup files. I would suggest you use f12 I belive, and it should take you to a menu that allows you select your last good startup. Try that until you can be back to the Dell Tech. They can do all of this remotely by installing a small file to your hard drive that allows thien to take over and do the steps for you. They did it for me once and it worked like a charm. Good luck.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-25-11 10:26 PM
    TJC70 sounds like something happened to your system startup files. I would suggest you use f12 I belive, and it should take you to a menu that allows you select your last good startup. Try that until you can be back to the Dell Tech. They can do all of this remotely by installing a small file to your hard drive that allows thien to take over and do the steps for you. They did it for me once and it worked like a charm. Good luck.
    Thank you so much cscott! This worked perfectly!!! I have worried about this all day long, couldn't sleep and just gave it a try. All is well in the world again!

Can you really only give one thanks?? Well, I am sending you bunches!!!
    02-26-11 03:23 AM
    Java Error....

I remember reading a few posts not too long ago about java errors on reboot. When I was downloading BBSAK this evening I happened to come across this in their forums. May be of some help to someone

for jvm error 102, looky here ---> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...71#post2029671 - don't forget to thank Hypnotic2010 if it works for ya.

but other than that, unless the user had previously backed up the information, there is no way to retrieve the information on the phone. all 3 of those errors are system errors. the solution you'll find around the web from people whose experienced theses errors are to reload the OS.
    02-26-11 03:27 AM
    oh TY Buford. I'm glad they worked out for you I was worried because sometimes I don't explains things properly lol. But, I'm glad to hear possitive feedback from you & TJ as well!

Pink and Buford.....I wanted to ask you about this because I am not finding your info Pink I wonder if I am looking at posts in some different mode than you are. When I look at the BatteryEx thread I only show that it is 110 pages long, but when I look at it on my BB it is 219 pages long.

I totally get that the bb would have more pages, but I have my settings in CP set to linear mode, showing the most recent post on the last page. Is that what you have?

***********just answered my own question....I had changed some of the default forum post settings in the user CP...I have it now!!

Oh btw Buford....we haven't chatted much, but Happy Birthday wishes early!
    Last edited by TJC70; 02-26-11 at 03:52 AM.
    buford07 likes this.
    02-26-11 03:47 AM
    Thank you so much cscott! This worked perfectly!!! I have worried about this all day long, couldn't sleep and just gave it a try. All is well in the world again!

Can you really only give one thanks?? Well, I am sending you bunches!!!
    Woo hoo! Glad you got it working! I had a feeling f12 or the disks might be the answer, but couldn't for the life of me remember the menu items...Good thing cscott stopped by!

Now you can play again
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-26-11 07:06 AM
    For anyone running .431 please let me know if this works for you. I am presently running .443 and would like to verify this on .431. Thanks.

To view the contact list, hold the Send key. Not just press but hold and if you just press are you getting the call log then, thanks.
    02-26-11 08:06 AM
    Holding the send key gives me the call log. The view can be changed to most recent, most used or name.
    02-26-11 09:49 AM
    Holding the send key gives me the call log. The view can be changed to most recent, most used or name.
    Thanks, I thought so, it seems to be a feature that has been added into .443 and not in .431 to give you your contacts from the send key.
    02-26-11 10:00 AM
    Pink and Buford.....I wanted to ask you about this because I am not finding your info Pink I wonder if I am looking at posts in some different mode than you are. When I look at the BatteryEx thread I only show that it is 110 pages long, but when I look at it on my BB it is 219 pages long.

I totally get that the bb would have more pages, but I have my settings in CP set to linear mode, showing the most recent post on the last page. Is that what you have?

***********just answered my own question....I had changed some of the default forum post settings in the user CP...I have it now!!

Oh btw Buford....we haven't chatted much, but Happy Birthday wishes early!
    TJ, glad you got your compt issue ironed out!

Also, great, you've got those directions now too! Have fun loading up on BattEx skins ITS ADDICTING!LOL

Internet seems to be going wonky this am also. My kids couldnt access FB on iPad or iTouch last night, and my other 2 with bb's had internet issues loading up with a 504 Gateway timed out, and BW not updating, again. My internet seems to be fine atm, but my BW is failing now to. Hopefully it all gets resolved soon!

G'morn to all and have a great day!
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-26-11 10:58 AM
23,186 ... 466467468469470 ...