JayDee, I downloaded the newberry heme for my 9650 with os6. It is a great theme. Thanks for posting your info about it. Congtas on the invite o write about it.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-24-11 09:24 PM
    Sorry, I need to learn to spell theme and congrats....my apologies.
    02-24-11 09:25 PM
    thanks a lot
    Last edited by mobi900; 02-24-11 at 09:47 PM.
    02-24-11 09:40 PM
    Hey Essex Ramblers!
    Ole JayDee has been writing for another BlackBerry website.

Before you all go crazy on me...NO, I don't get paid and NO, I am not leaving cb.com. I was asked to write a little about themes and well, how could I pass that up? My first two posts were about 3rd party apps and tonight I posted about Newberry by our very favorite Al3azim. (He knows I wrote about him, yes.) Here is the link if anyone feels like checking me out on the web at BlackBerry Empire.com

Newberry Theme for BlackBerry 9700, 9650 | BlackBerry Empire
    Its great having you with us Jaydee #TeamBBE
    02-24-11 10:07 PM
    What I was getting in 443 was when I hit the send button, is on 431 if you hit the send button and then hit the blackberry button and chose "call from contacts". This is what I saw directly any time I pressed the send button on 443.

Does anyone else see that option in call logs?
    I'm on 443 and see the "call from contacts", but pressed it just makes contacts come up. Are you trying to get the contacts to come up with a green send button press? I prefer the call list to come up, but that's just me. I get contact list with a "C" press. Maybe I'm not understanding what your wanting.
    02-24-11 10:59 PM
    Thanks for all your help ramblers!

So I backed up everything from my bb to my flash drive. Used the os6 link from Jaydee's sister site as I was there checking out her awesome posts...all hail to the queen and then deleted and reinstalled DM6 from the link provided by Pink . I was advised to restart after this and everything seemed to be going aok!! But when my pc rebooted all I have is a black screen with the flashing cursor in the left upper corner?!?! Please help!!

Gonna call it a night as I have done enough damage it appears for one day....be there for me tomorrow pls!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 10:59 PM
    Hey Essex Ramblers!

Before you all go crazy on me...NO, I don't get paid and NO, I am not leaving cb.com. I was asked to write a little about themes and well, how could I pass that up? My first two posts were about 3rd party apps and tonight I posted about Newberry by our very favorite Al3azim. (He knows I wrote about him, yes.) Here is the link if anyone feels like checking me out on the web at BlackBerry Empire.com

Very nice JayDee, A quite good write up and very informative. This would give anyone who's not familiar with Al3azim's themes an incentive to come on over and check them out. An easy, informative read.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-24-11 at 11:11 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-24-11 11:07 PM
    Well now here's an odd problem. I can't set my convenience keys. I go to options, device, convenience keys and it flashes a gray screen and takes me back to the device screen. I'm considering a wipe and reinstall at this point unless its a known problem

02-24-11 11:07 PM
    Well now here's an odd problem. I can't set my convenience keys. I go to options, device, convenience keys and it flashes a gray screen and takes me back to the device screen. I'm considering a wipe and reinstall at this point unless its a known problem

Those who deleted the VAD in the install would have issues with the convenience keys. Didn't know if that was still happening or not. I leave mine set "as is" on all my installs so it was never an issue, but for some it was.
    02-24-11 11:14 PM

I'm sure you pulled battery? I've never seen that before.
    02-24-11 11:15 PM
    Those who deleted the VAD in the install would have issues with the convenience keys. Didn't know if that was still happening or not. I leave mine set "as is" on all my installs so it was never an issue, but for some it was.
    I always shrink out VAD, never had a problem with the convenience keys.
    02-24-11 11:17 PM
    That sounds about right then. I deleted Vlingo because I never use it and wanted to set it for quicklaunch instead.

02-24-11 11:19 PM
    That sounds about right then. I deleted Vlingo because I never use it and wanted to set it for quicklaunch instead.

Skyboxer, Did you remove VAD?
    02-24-11 11:23 PM
    Skyboxer, Did you remove VAD?
    Yup, vlingo had no problem with using the left convenience key so I never had to try and set it in options. So I don't know if removing vlingo borked it or if it was borked all along.

I'll try reinstalling vlingo and then see if I can set it via options.
    02-24-11 11:27 PM
    I always shrink out VAD, never had a problem with the convenience keys.
    Yeah, it seems some do, some don't. I didn't either, but never change em up anyway. Maybe it fubar'd skyboxer's install tho.
    02-24-11 11:31 PM
    Yeah, it seems some do, some don't. I didn't either, but never change em up anyway. Maybe it fubar'd skyboxer's install tho.
    I know some people have had that issue. But it sounds like it was working for Vlingo.
    02-24-11 11:34 PM
    So I reinstalled Vlingo and it can use the left key, but I still can't set it via options. So I'm guessing I'll have to install VAD, change the left key to QL, then uninstall VAD again?

Or maybe just not use the left conv key, so I'll be used to it when the Bold Touch comes out.
    02-24-11 11:34 PM
    I'm on 443 and see the "call from contacts", but pressed it just makes contacts come up. Are you trying to get the contacts to come up with a green send button press? I prefer the call list to come up, but that's just me. I get contact list with a "C" press. Maybe I'm not understanding what your wanting.
    Yes, when I was using 443 if I pressed the "Send" button I would go directly to my "Contacts", now going back to 431 I get my call log and would rather get my contact list. On 431, I see in options the "Call from Contacts" but that is now an extra step and if busy or driving it becomes troublesome.
    Last edited by JimiMack; 02-25-11 at 12:19 AM.
    02-25-11 12:14 AM
    Hey Essex Ramblers!

Awesome write up Jaydee! Very easy to follow and If i didn't have Newberry, I'd be getting it for sure after your great details and screen shots. Great Job!

As far as green send button, I'm on 443 and get call log...pressing bee menu shows me call from contacts as well. I don't remember either what showed up on 431..Sorry Jimi..can't be much help...as don't know how to bring contacts up straight from green button...is this possible?

Had a great time last night...Question for you guys...it was trivia night...and though we did end up winning grand prize - WOOT!
    One question got us..it was simple really (and slapped our heads when we heard the answer), but wondering if you smarty pants would get it
    "what do these 3 words have in common"
    House, Fire, Butter.
    Anyone??
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-25-11 07:00 AM
    Yes, I intermittently had this problem as well Jim. I have shrunk out VAD ever install but actually had to add it back once. Don't remember which OS. Right now its out. Both my convenience keys work. But I load my device data backup so...

Sounds like Skyboxer has to reinstall VAD. Use BBSAK.
    02-25-11 07:10 AM
    Which way do yall Ramblers prefer to use (thumbnail or list ) view ?

02-25-11 07:26 AM
    Hey Essex Ramblers!

jaydee, very nicely done! up top girlfriend!
    very informative and I'm sure this will bring more "Al3 theme" fans
    Thanks for all your help ramblers!

So I backed up everything from my bb to my flash drive. Used the os6 link from Jaydee's sister site as I was there checking out her awesome posts...all hail to the queen and then deleted and reinstalled DM6 from the link provided by Pink I was advised to restart after this and everything seemed to be going aok!! But when my pc rebooted all I have is a black screen with the flashing cursor in the left upper corner?!?! Please help!!

Gonna call it a night as I have done enough damage it appears for one day....be there for me tomorrow pls!!

TJ, did it stay with just the cursor blinking in the upper left, or did "chk util disk" come up by any chance?

What happened today when you booted up again? I'm not a computer wiz, but I will try to help if anyone hasnt come up with an answer for you.
    Awesome write up Jaydee! Very easy to follow and If i didn't have Newberry, I'd be getting it for sure after your great details and screen shots. Great Job!

As far as green send button, I'm on 443 and get call log...pressing bee menu shows me call from contacts as well. I don't remember either what showed up on 431..Sorry Jimi..can't be much help...as don't know how to bring contacts up straight from green button...is this possible?

Had a great time last night...Question for you guys...it was trivia night...and though we did end up winning grand prize - WOOT!
    One question got us..it was simple really (and slapped our heads when we heard the answer), but wondering if you smarty pants would get it
    "what do these 3 words have in common"
    House, Fire, Butter.
    Anyone??
    house, fire, butter? i'm thinking....anyone see the smoke comin from my ears? lol

yea, i'll get back to ya on that one!

Buford, I actually like the thumbnail view for the browser.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-25-11 07:46 AM
    Before long Jaydee will be writing books like MISERY !! I love that movie. That women was one bad cat !

02-25-11 09:20 AM

I like thumbnail but I still prefer list view.

02-25-11 09:52 AM
    I like thumbnail but I still prefer list view.

Thanks. I am trying thumbnail but so far list is a little better. Gonna give it a little more time.

02-25-11 10:08 AM
23,186 ... 465466467468469 ...