I backup with DM daily, OK, I'm a freak about doing backups. I've also used the advanced restore feature a few times to move specific files from a previous backup onto my device. That's a very cool thing!

I had a bad experience once because I didn't have a backup on my work computer. Damn, one of my secrets is out!!
    Dr. Prince! you didn't backup at work! How could you!!??? Lol!
    02-24-11 03:06 PM
    I backup with DM daily,
    Wow, we might need a Dr. for the Dr.
    Seriously tho, it really depends on personal needs as to how often one should backup. Those of us that use our BB's for work related stuff would have much more changes involved on a daily basis. Us retired guys can space out our backups alot more.(pun intended)
    02-24-11 03:09 PM
    Dr. Prince! you didn't backup at work! How could you!!??? Lol!
    Don't say that too loud.
    02-24-11 03:13 PM
    Wow, we might need a Dr. for the Dr.
    Seriously tho, it really depends on personal needs as to how often one should backup. Those of us that use our BB's for work related stuff would have much more changes involved on a daily basis. Us retired guys can space out our backups alot more.(pun intended)
    You're right, the Dr. might need a Dr. I have a ton of stuff moving around my BB every week. I wish I could "space out" my backups.
    02-24-11 03:17 PM
    Me either. I don't really understand the need anyway. Using app loader all my apps come with me to any os I chose to load. If I need to re-install anything there's mobihand where everything is neatly stored in alphabetical order anyway. So I'm always good with apps and keep stuff simple.
    Ya know, I never looked at it that way Jim. In the 3 os upgrades I've done, I like using the app loader, but I've always backed up with DM and now with BbSak for my apps, as a precauttion. I guess the BbSak isn't really that necessary.
    So your saying you have an issue with app loader restoring your apps? Maybe there is a limit as to how many it will restore, but I have maybe 15 and it always restores everything, no problem. I do backups to DM occasionally is all. Usually before I upgrade just as a precaution to up date the backup file.
    I guess I'm not much help as I have not specifically tried what your describing. I kind of thought DM backed up all apps along with data and other info. Guess not then?
    same here again, I only have about 15 myself and they've always restored no problem as well. I couldn't see there being a limit on how many it will restore, although, i guess that could be possible.
    DM does backup everything. So, that is the way I do it, and ofcourse through BBSAK because I just want to be safe. In the 2 OS upgrades I've done (lol that sounds funny - 2 - amongst all you experts over here) - I've never had to restore anything as the first time when I went thru DM, it did it fine, and the second time with apploader - and again it did everything. All I had to do was re-register the handful of apps I had.

TJ...It's pretty simple once you see how it works...If I can say that, then it really has to be
    re-registering the few really isnt a pain in the but+, and it is pretty simple to do the os.
    Thanks to all !! Birthday is March 7th if anybody wants to buy me a new truck or anything like that. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, i have you penciled in on my calendar for March 7th, and I'll send you a new truck! LOL

will a ford dually 450 diesel work for you?
    02-24-11 03:29 PM
    TJ, you know you were up all night organizing the spice rack!! Haha

Geesh I wish I was doing that....at least it's something I am good at!

I have been working on my pc since around noon today!! What a mess from H.E.Double hockey sticks!!! OMG I have folders inside my folders with another folder just for shizzle and giggles....I have never looked at folders before today...and obviously from the looks of things I should have long ago! I have pictures everywhere...along with the twins' iTouchs and now iPads. I need a gun and tonic or 10 right now!!

Two quick questions....I know, I know....nothings quick with me! lol

First,the only update I have ever done on my Bold is the one from OS5 to OS6. This I did OTA.....therefore, do I even have OS6 loaded on my PC?

Secondly, I want to delete this current version of DM6 (as it doesn't show the dates of my backups and it is truly the one I got out of the box when my Bold came in the mail). I have saved my backups in a different folder not under my BB so I think I am safe there, but where do I go to delete this? And where do I find the new version to download?

Oh crap, one more ?.....is there a way to read these backup .ipd files on my computer?

Thanks beaucoup in advance for all your patience and help....I haven't looked ahead in this forum yet as I am frustrated at this point...

Oh and btw....did I mention that the guy next door has had his freakin car alarm going off for 11 minutes now?!?!?!?!? LOL
    02-24-11 04:52 PM
    Ok, so here's the moron question of the day....

DM, Apploader and BBSAK....three different things right??

Time for a gun and tonic here...bbl
    02-24-11 04:58 PM
    Geesh I wish I was doing that....at least it's something I am good at!

I have been working on my pc since around noon today!! What a mess from H.E.Double hockey sticks!!! OMG I have folders inside my folders with another folder just for shizzle and giggles....I have never looked at folders before today...and obviously from the looks of things I should have long ago! I have pictures everywhere...along with the twins' iTouchs and now iPads. I need a gun and tonic or 10 right now!!

Two quick questions....I know, I know....nothings quick with me! lol

First,the only update I have ever done on my Bold is the one from OS5 to OS6. This I did OTA.....therefore, do I even have OS6 loaded on my PC?

Secondly, I want to delete this current version of DM6 (as it doesn't show the dates of my backups and it is truly the one I got out of the box when my Bold came in the mail). I have saved my backups in a different folder not under my BB so I think I am safe there, but where do I go to delete this? And where do I find the new version to download?

Oh crap, one more ?.....is there a way to read these backup .ipd files on my computer?

Thanks beaucoup in advance for all your patience and help....I haven't looked ahead in this forum yet as I am frustrated at this point...

Oh and btw....did I mention that the guy next door has had his freakin car alarm going off for 11 minutes now?!?!?!?!? LOL
    TJ...If you did the first one OTA, no you do not have OS6 loaded on your pc.
    You can download the exe. file from here - whichever version you want, or from your carrier site. Though DM should also have it on there.

As far as deleting DM - go to your control panel to install and remove programs and delete from there. Then reload it back up.

The freakin alarm would be driving me bonkers

Ok, so here's the moron question of the day....

DM, Apploader and BBSAK....three different things right??

Time for a gun and tonic here...bbl
    Yes - all 3 different things....All can do the same things, but some prefer using the tool that suits them the best. I only use BBSAK for backups of 3rd party apps, while I use apploader or dm for upgrading/downgrading...

Here's another gun and tonic....I'm heading out a for some beers...check in later!
    02-24-11 05:27 PM
    oh snap! Hamster nailed those posts! enjoy your beers CHEERS!

TJ, btw, have those 10 gun and tonics, with that freakin car alarm going off, I would've shot the damm thing already!! LOL

i think i'm outta here for the night too....been a long azz day!

EDIT; TJ go here for desktop mngr.--> BB DM6
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-24-11 at 05:58 PM.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-24-11 05:52 PM
    question on skins . can i use them on the wallpaper or theme ? or just on the battery icon ? I found the answer
    Last edited by buford07; 02-24-11 at 06:32 PM.
    02-24-11 06:27 PM
    I know a few have switched back to .431 from having issues with some of the leaks. I just switched back myself and have come to miss an option from .443 that I can not seem to duplicate in .431. In .443 if I pressed the green phone key it would automatically bring on my Contacts, now back on .431 it brings up the phone log. Any idea how I an get it to bring up the contacts instead?
    02-24-11 06:32 PM
    I don't know if that's possible. You could put your contacts on a QL shortcut key.

02-24-11 06:41 PM
    That's not scary at all. You're a youngster with this group! Happy Early Birthday!!
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!!
    LOL
    02-24-11 06:47 PM
    I know a few have switched back to .431 from having issues with some of the leaks. I just switched back myself and have come to miss an option from .443 that I can not seem to duplicate in .431. In .443 if I pressed the green phone key it would automatically bring on my Contacts, now back on .431 it brings up the phone log. Any idea how I an get it to bring up the contacts instead?
    Hmmmm, I'm using a hybrid of 443 and when I press the green button I get my call log as well.
    02-24-11 06:53 PM
    on 443, same here, green key brings up my call log

02-24-11 06:57 PM
    I gotcha jim,
    this is an option within the os itself. You can set it to be whatever you want.
    Hit the green send button, hit the blackberry menu button, scroll to options and hit that, now go to call logs and lists, and change the initial view to contacts, save and your ready to go.
    02-24-11 07:05 PM
    Yall check out my skins over on the post a picture thread. I feel like a big boy now. Lol I finally got them working. Thanks to everybody for their help.

02-24-11 07:10 PM
    I gotcha jim,
    Hit the green send button, hit the blackberry menu button, scroll to options and hit that, now go to call logs and lists, and change the initial view to contacts, save and your ready to go.
    ohh! I forgot this option is avail! Lol. TY rr!

02-24-11 07:15 PM
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!!
    LOL
    You know I'm right there with you!!

02-24-11 07:15 PM
    Yall check out my skins over on the post a picture thread. I feel like a big boy now. Lol I finally got them working. Thanks to everybody for their help.

I saw them! Congrats you did it! enjoy & YW!

02-24-11 07:17 PM
    I gotcha jim,
    Followed it step by step and that option is not showing up (initial view) in .431 it is in 443. OK, How come the rest of you on 443 are getting the call log and yet when I use 443 I get contacts. I had switched back last night to 443 to confirm this and there were my contacts, now back on 431, I can not get them from the send button. OK, scratching my head....
    02-24-11 07:18 PM
    What I was getting in 443 was when I hit the send button, is on 431 if you hit the send button and then hit the blackberry button and chose "call from contacts". This is what I saw directly any time I pressed the send button on 443.

Does anyone else see that option in call logs?
    Last edited by JimiMack; 02-24-11 at 07:29 PM.
    02-24-11 07:23 PM
    What I was getting in 443 was when I hit the send button, is on 431 if you hit the send button and then hit the blackberry button and chose "call from contacts". This is what I saw directly any time I pressed the send button on 443.
    ahhh! Yes! I see what you mean now on 443 Jimi. Honestly, when I had 431 I don't remember that. But to confirm for you, yes, when I hit green send button, scroll to dial field, hit menu, the option the scroll bar is on is the "call from contacts"

02-24-11 07:30 PM
    JayDee,

Very nicely done, it is informative with good detail and graphically it gives the new user a better understanding of how the theme will work for them.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-24-11 08:30 PM
    Jaydee, Nice job! I can't think of anyone more qualified to write an article on themes. I can see Jaydee's got a second career.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-24-11 08:34 PM
23,186 ... 464465466467468 ...