It has a flashlight??? OMG. How did I miss that?
    Yes - I know about the changing - I've already done that a dozen times, and I'm not done, I know it!
    Yes, I'm sure you've found it by now, its in the add item, "QuickLaunch Functions" list.
    Well, you know - after posting that all is well, I installed a few more battery ex skins, and now - they are not showing up again. Grr.Not to mention that phone is now acting all laggy.
    Sigh. When in doubt...pull battery out. Here I go again.
    oh no not again! sorry to hear that!
    I have decided I don't like 443 after all. I have a huge memory leak and freezing. Plus no copy and paste in some apps is killing me!
    If that winter storm hits, I will stay in and re-install 431.
    443 isn't what we thought it would be. I've talked to a couple of friends today who are having similar issues with 443. They're headed back to 431 too.
    holy deep fried oreos! thats huuuuuuuge! I dont think I ever recall you having a leak that bad! So far on 443, my mem leak isnt terrible, but i've also reverted back to the default icons for BW and have seen a great improvement.
    All of my backups have been done on DM. Hmmmmm....that includes dated .ipd files from my old bold 8330, my 9650 on OS5 and now my bold on os6. Do you think there might be a bunch of old stuff I should delete off my pc because of this? Remember when I did my upgrade to OS6 that it was done OTA. (still so thankful this worked well for me, lol)
    If you think you arent going to need them, you can keep a couple weeks worth just to be on the safe side. just a suggestion
    Prince, this sounds like a perfect plan to me! Where on my pc would I delete all those old backups? Holy craperonies there's gonna be a ton as I backup several times a week!
    holy shizzzz! a couple times a week! WOW. I back up about every 2wks, or when i remember. lol
    HAHA! I think we have enough topics amongst the ramblers to fill at least 5 seasons of the Dr. Prince Show!!

OCD is the only way to be. My friends tease me that I probably alphabetize my spice racks! Of course my spices are grouped accordingly, but I will never admit that to them! lol

Ok, back to topic lol.....so I will delete tons of mine as it really doesn't make sense to have them all. And to be completely honest....I have tried to open them in the past and my pc says it is unable to open the .ipd file so I wouldn't know what to do if I ever did need to reference one! Now that's OCD to the max
    LOL about the spice racks. I'm the same with my canned stuff in the cabinet, they all have to have the labels facing forward, and when they're stacked the label on top has to line up with the bottom label one, or it drives me INSANE! lol. My husband comments about it using the scene from "Sleeping with the Enemy" movie with Julia Roberts!
    I noticed a funny thing over in the themes forum. Forum pages that have a big @$$ picture posted on it has working zoom and text wrap. Check out the first page of one of bbt's premium theme threads. The image is huge, making the text unreadable, but zooming makes the text wrap and is easy to read. Certainly someone running the site can fix this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ok, forgive me for sounding like an @$$, but I went to that and when I zoomed in, my text did not "wrap" Perhaps I'm missing a setting on my bb for it? I still had to scroll L to R to read it.
    Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until the weekend to go back to .431.
    Last night got an uncaught exception that battery ex was not responding or something like that. Reset.
    This morning, skins disappeared again. Reset.
    Now they are gone again, and the device is so slow to respond to anything

I don't have time right now, but later tonight it has to be done. UGH.

It really is weird how different versions of OS will work on some devices and not on others. Oh well. C'est la vie.
    Sorry to hear of this, knock wood, so far I'm ok, except once again-the Bolt c/p issue and the little hiccup I had last night with my glucose app.
    I have 431 installed and ready to go if i change my mind as well.

Good luck, you'll be fine. your an ol'pro at this now too
    Indeed, no two installs are the same. I'm still on the fence about going back to 431. 443, while not great, isn't bad either. I don't have the problems I had with 466, and the lags diminishes with time.
    I am to Pc. Like you said, not world smashing, but not terrible either. I stayed away from 466 by what you guys reported here, not worth it. too many issues.
    Wow, it seems like .431 is going to be the next "ol trusty" OS. That's twice I've come runnin back to it now.

It sounds that way!
    Lookin' that way skyboxer....431 was stable and smooth, and apart from the memory leaks - which were app related ie bw icons sets, it was great.
    Runnin' there myslef later.
    good luck on the switch later I have reverted back to the default BW icons and see a huge improvement in mem as far as that goes. So on days I want to, I'll set a BW skin, and if not, I'll stay default.
    02-24-11 07:59 AM
    Hey Jaydee, I finally figured out how to get skins to my phone but one problem. I renamed the folder and put the skins in the folder . Folder name came to my phone but I can't open the new folder on my phone ! Its like there is only one skin in the new folder . Can you please step down from your throne for a minute to help your humble servant your Heiness ! Lol

B-
    Usually, when SOngbird zips up skins, she is careful to eliminate the double folder but it happens, like Hamster said. In that directory: BlackBerry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/whatevertheskinisnamed when you open this last folder, you need to see the icons...all 20 of them or how ever many make up the skin.

You just might have a double folder going on. Hamster's right. That's usually the problem if you have the right directory path...like above...
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-24-11 at 08:07 AM.
    02-24-11 07:59 AM
    Hi Buford...
    The most common problem is having a second folder within the battery ex skin folder. Make sure there isn't an extra folder in there somewhere. This happened to me and the skins wouldn't show up on the phone.
    Try that
    Good morning Hamster. Thanks I will look and see.

02-24-11 08:04 AM
    Thanks Jaydee and Hamster. When I get back home to the laptop I will give yall the proper thanks.

02-24-11 08:07 AM
    Thanks Jaydee and Hamster. When I get back home to the laptop I will give yall the proper thanks.

So, it worked? Yay!..That double folder thing gets you everytime
    Now that you know how to install these skins...you'll become not a only a theme monster, but a skin monster too! Lol...Enjoy.
    02-24-11 08:11 AM

02-24-11 08:36 AM
    Hey Hamster I sent you a PM.

02-24-11 09:02 AM
    TJ, I have always backed up my device data with DM but I have never tried a third party backup with it. Maybe I will. Maybe then I won't have to reinstall everything individually again leater if I do that...Now you have me thinking.

Jim,Underway, Prince, Paul, Skyboxer, Bob, Middbrew? Someone?...can you give me directions as to how to do a third party backup with DM???
    Then I can use Apploader, which will add back device data and then I can run DM backup for all my apps and themes? Can I do that???

I'm trying to streamline the process.
    Yay! I know somethin jayee don't!
    I haven't been on a regular browser for a while and can't remembet if the link to the DM 3rd party backup is there or not. So here goes, from memory.
    Connect your Berry with DM and select the device switch wizard. Let it do its thing up to the point where it asks you to connect you new Berry. At this point don't disconnect or press anything. Do a file search for a folder with your PIN number as the title. It should be in a temp folder of some sort. Copy the entire folder to the desktop, as that folder should have all the apps and setting you need to set up a new virgin Berry. Once th folder has copied you can cancel and close out of DM if you want.
    To restore those apps, connect back to DM and select the application loader. There should be a place to choose a different folder to load your apps from. Navigate to the folder with the PIN from your device, open it and select the .alx with your PIN as the title. All your apps should be there.
    I'm just about ready to sleep (night shift) so I'm not sure if that's dead accurate, but to those who have been around DM should get the gist of the procedure. I'll check back tonight and clear up any questions.
    Laterz!

02-24-11 09:40 AM
    Hey P1nk KUDOOS got out to you on the directions for the batteryex on page 214. They were so easy to follow that a CAVEMAN could follow them. Lol

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-24-11 10:05 AM
    Hey P1nk KUDOOS got out to you on the directions for the batteryex on page 214. They were so easy to follow that a CAVEMAN could follow them. Lol

oh TY Buford. I'm glad they worked out for you I was worried because sometimes I don't explains things properly lol. But, I'm glad to hear possitive feedback from you & TJ as well!

02-24-11 11:04 AM
    Did yall Ramblers know that in a few days they are going to be singing to me. Lordy Lordy look whose FORTY !!!! Yikes. That is scary.

02-24-11 01:18 PM
    Did yall Ramblers know that in a few days they are going to be singing to me. Lordy Lordy look whose FORTY !!!! Yikes. That is scary.

Happy Birthday in advance! And nah...Forty is not scary. It's the new 20! lol.
    Trust me, I've been there. BTW, I'm forever 29
    buford07 likes this.
    02-24-11 01:24 PM

ahHhhh....don't worry Buford, 40 isn't as bad as people make it to be! Lol. Been there, done it. As long as you feel great your age is just a number as far as I'm concerned! he11, I'm stuck on 25 LOL

Happy Birthday!

buford07 likes this.
    02-24-11 01:31 PM
    Lol. Jsut another day.

02-24-11 01:31 PM
    Happy Birthday in advance! And nah...Forty is not scary. It's the new 20! lol.
    Trust me, I've been there. BTW, I'm forever 29
    lol, Hamster, I've been holding at 25 hahaha!
    Btw, wanted to ask you, are you using the eom browser or are you still using Bolt? Jw.

02-24-11 01:33 PM
    TJ, I have always backed up my device data with DM but I have never tried a third party backup with it. Maybe I will. Maybe then I won't have to reinstall everything individually again leater if I do that...Now you have me thinking.

Jim,Underway, Prince, Paul, Skyboxer, Bob, Middbrew? Someone?...can you give me directions as to how to do a third party backup with DM???
    Then I can use Apploader, which will add back device data and then I can run DM backup for all my apps and themes? Can I do that???

I don't really backup third party apps with DM. It's too much work and I don't have the patience. It doesn't streamline the process.
    02-24-11 01:37 PM

That's not scary at all. You're a youngster with this group! Happy Early Birthday!!
    buford07 likes this.
    02-24-11 01:41 PM
    well well!! Congrats on making it to the big 4-0 there, B!!!!!!
    we will bake you a cake and send it along the cabling to you! haha!!! better to be 40 than the other alternative!!!

buford07 likes this.
    02-24-11 02:15 PM
    Happy "B"-Day in advance from me. Age is relative and mind over matter anyway. The older we get the the more we've lost our minds, so it doesn't really matter. FWIW: Your one of the younger "ramblers".

I don't really backup third party apps with DM. It's too much work and I don't have the patience. It doesn't streamline the process.
    Me either. I don't really understand the need anyway. Using app loader all my apps come with me to any os I chose to load. If I need to re-install anything there's mobihand where everything is neatly stored in alphabetical order anyway. So I'm always good with apps and keep stuff simple.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-24-11 at 02:18 PM.
    buford07 likes this.
    02-24-11 02:15 PM

So your saying you have an issue with app loader restoring your apps? Maybe there is a limit as to how many it will restore, but I have maybe 15 and it always restores everything, no problem. I do backups to DM occasionally is all. Usually before I upgrade just as a precaution to up date the backup file.
    I guess I'm not much help as I have not specifically tried what your describing. I kind of thought DM backed up all apps along with data and other info. Guess not then?
    02-24-11 02:27 PM
    So your saying you have an issue with app loader restoring your apps? Maybe there is a limit as to how many it will restore, but I have maybe 15 and it always restores everything, no problem. I do backups to DM occasionally is all. Usually before I upgrade just as a precaution to up date the backup file.
    I guess I'm not much help as I have not specifically tried what your describing. I kind of thought DM backed up all apps along with data and other info. Guess not then?
    DM does backup everything. So, that is the way I do it, and ofcourse through BBSAK because I just want to be safe. In the 2 OS upgrades I've done (lol that sounds funny - 2 - amongst all you experts over here) - I've never had to restore anything as the first time when I went thru DM, it did it fine, and the second time with apploader - and again it did everything. All I had to do was re-register the handful of apps I had.

TJ...It's pretty simple once you see how it works...If I can say that, then it really has to be
    02-24-11 02:32 PM
    All I had to do was re-register the handful of apps I had.
    Exactly, and this has only been a pita for all of the 5 to 10 minutes it takes. +1 for the app loader method of up/down grading. Has always worked very slick for me anyway. I do maintain a backup file on DM, but honestly that is about all I use DM for.
    02-24-11 02:41 PM
    Exactly, and this has only been a pita for all of the 5 to 10 minutes it takes. +1 for the app loader method of up/down grading. Has always worked very slick for me anyway. I do maintain a backup file on DM, but honestly that is about all I use DM for.
    I backup with DM daily, OK, I'm a freak about doing backups. I've also used the advanced restore feature a few times to move specific files from a previous backup onto my device. That's a very cool thing!

I had a bad experience once because I didn't have a backup on my work computer. Damn, one of my secrets is out!!
    02-24-11 02:48 PM
    Thanks to all !! Birthday is March 7th if anybody wants to buy me a new truck or anything like that. Lol

02-24-11 03:00 PM
    Thanks to all !! Birthday is March 7th if anybody wants to buy me a new truck or anything like that. Lol

Talk to Paul it's his month to buy new vehicles!
    02-24-11 03:04 PM
23,186 ... 463464465466467 ...