If I already dl QL from the cb store and then deleted it out of brain overload (imagine that, lol)....can I get it back without paying for it again?

Btw, I've been working on increasing memory on my Bold (through the forum and bb 101 on how to do this)....seems to have freed up A LOT of space. Been moving pics and such to my media card instead of having everything on my device as well!

Also, I have got bbsak on my pc now and did the ccleaner you recommended in another post. I have two questions in regards to my pc. First, I have done a backup several times and DM6 still lists my last backup as several months ago?? I thought I read somewhere this was a bug with 6, but wanted to verify. Secondly, I see several references to installing the new os and removing the old on my pc. I'm not quite sure how to install the new one....and where would I find the old to delete it? Maybe this is easier if I am running DM and looking at the screen....just not too sure.

Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not a bug, at least on any of my computers. DM6 will list the last backup that it created. If you've made the backup with DM on a different PC, or if you used BBSAK for your backup, then DM won't recognize it.
    TJC70 likes this.
    02-23-11 04:49 PM
    Kudo's for QL. Worth twice the regular price. $2.50 is a smokin' deal on the best BB app ever. It is a mistake to not have this app, you'd be missin' out.

Anybody have "font collection" and notice that some fonts carry over to the browser? I see it on certain parts of web pages. CB for one. Sure would be slick if it was 100% browser changeable. Hey I can dream.
    Maybe I'm the late comer and the only one to not notice this before, not all fonts do it tho. Anyway FWIW.
    02-23-11 05:13 PM
    yes Jim, I've noticed that too with the fonts, but like you said, not all of them.

02-23-11 05:28 PM
    I set my QL to launch with a side key. When the menu opens I can choose the home screen. BBM. Messages, Phone, Browser (all handy when you're in another app and don't want to close it, but still go to one of these things), Flashlight, Bolt, Reboot Device, I have a few favorite songs tacked there, a website or two I always visit, a picture of someone special, etc. You can put ANYTHING in your menu.

And that's not the half of it!! You can reboot your device on a sked. You can get time and weather on your menu. You can toggle BT or Wi-fi. You can put an email or SMS address on the menu. QL has a screen capture module. It has a camera MUTE, too.

OMG! Don't run your BB naked!!!! Buy it!!!!!!
    This had me cracking up! LMAO!
    So true. Is there anything QL can't do
    02-23-11 05:52 PM
    I set my QL to launch with a side key. When the menu opens I can choose the home screen. BBM. Messages, Phone, Browser (all handy when you're in another app and don't want to close it, but still go to one of these things), Flashlight, Bolt, Reboot Device, I have a few favorite songs tacked there, a website or two I always visit, a picture of someone special, etc. You can put ANYTHING in your menu.

And that's not the half of it!! You can reboot your device on a sked. You can get time and weather on your menu. You can toggle BT or Wi-fi. You can put an email or SMS address on the menu. QL has a screen capture module. It has a camera MUTE, too.

OMG! Don't run your BB naked!!!! Buy it!!!!!!
    Wow!!! That sounds like something I should invest in then!!!! Thanks for the description
    02-23-11 06:38 PM
    BBaddict, it is having the convience of whatever you decide will be on the list to come up at the touch of your space bar. Just like when you bring up your menu key and you have a list of things, well this is the same, BUT customized by YOU for your needs. I never thought I needed it either till the folks here in Ramblin convinced me otherwise as well . And for $2.50- go for it!

Thanks!!!! I think I will be getting this app!!!
    02-23-11 06:39 PM
    OK, one at a time. Yes, if you pay and download an app from Mobihand etc. you can always re-download if you delete it. We do that everything we upgrade. We erase our bbs and re-download to install it again. No charge. Your pin is on file.

As far as a DM bug...I dunno. But if you backup your phone and you have an .ipd file as a result, it is backed up! So don't worry about DM6.

Installing a new OS means downloading it form the web, a link here on CB, from a hybrider's link, carrier link, etc and actually double-clicking the exe to install it on your PC. This as to be done before you can install it to your phone. Before you do that, go to your control panek and choose to delete any reference to BlackBerry device software. That way, there can be no confusion as to what you need or want to install.

Hope this helps you!!! If you have more questions, please continue to post with us TJ. We are glad to help!!!

Good Luck!
    If I get a new BB, will I still be able to download it to that phone as well w/o paying for it again??? Because I know PINs dont transfer phones..
    02-23-11 06:48 PM
    Glad to here your going to invest BBAddict you won't be sorry you did!
    On another note Ramblers, I have found a HUGE issue with 443 for myself in general. I have an app called "Handy Logs Sugar" that I use to keep record of my sugar reading I take 3-4 times daily. Within this app, I have the option to "sync" it to the main website, so that when I visit my doctor, I print out all of my past readings to show him. It just dawned on me tonight that I haven't synced my info in about 2wks, I just tried now, and nothing-it won't sync! this is a HUGE problem for me as I rely on this info for obvious reasons. I'm going to try a batt pull, but I don't forsee that fixing the prob. In short, looks like I will NEED to go back to 431 asap to correct this issue.

I'm hoping I'll be able to come back to my post and add an edit that the batt pull solved the issue, but I'm not too optomistic about it unfortunately. Other than this and the Bolt c/p issue, I have to say 443 was running pretty good for me. Oh well!

EDIT: the batt pull did work that was very strange indeed!

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-23-11 at 07:16 PM.
    02-23-11 06:51 PM
    On another note Ramblers, I have found a HUGE issue with 443 for myself in general. I have an app called "Handy Logs Sugar" that I use to keep record of my sugar reading I take 3-4 times daily. Within this app, I have the option to "sync" it to the main website, so that when I visit my doctor, I print out all of my past readings to show him. It just dawned on me tonight that I haven't synced my info in about 2wks, I just tried now, and nothing-it won't sync! this is a HUGE problem for me as I rely on this info for obvious reasons. I'm going to try a batt pull, but I don't forsee that fixing the prob. In short, looks like I will NEED to go back to 431 asap to correct this issue.

I'm hoping I'll be able to come back to my post and add an edit that the batt pull solved the issue, but I'm not too optomistic about it unfortunately. Other than this and the Bolt c/p issue, I have to say 443 was running pretty good for me. Oh well!

That does sound like a deal breaker if you can't get it to work You sure it's not an app issue? Maybe they are just having a problem? In any case, I hope it gets resolved. You might have to go back to .431 for that very reason. But, heck-- you're a pro at it now - know matter what a PITA it is to do!
    02-23-11 07:03 PM
    holy freekin cannoles!!! Your not gonna believe this....the batt pull worked

My mem was down about 14mb since 9am & I guess that may have effected it idk. But that was very weird and unexpected!

I can breathe again, put the defilbrilator away lol.

thanks for your support there Hamster, I was very very nervous there for a bit, but I'm glad that worked out for the moment. Have you gone back to 431 yet or are you waiting for the weekend to go back?

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-23-11 at 07:13 PM.
    02-23-11 07:10 PM

I downloaded it!! I'm trying to customize the menu now!!! What does the option "Default Launch Method, or the alternate launch methods" mean when I'm trying to add an App to the menu?!
    02-23-11 07:19 PM
    holy freekin cannoles!!! Your not gonna believe this....the batt pull worked

My mem was down about 14mb since 9am & I guess that may have effected it idk. But that was very weird and unexpected!

I can breathe again, put the defilbrilator away lol.

thanks for your support there Hamster, I was very very nervous there for a bit, but I'm glad that worked out for the moment. Have you gone back to 431 yet or are you waiting for the weekend to go back?

So glad it worked out. Those battery pulls - when in doubt Lol!
    In all seriousness - you needed that app, and I'm happy for you that it got sorted it out without much trauma

No, have not gone back. Going to wait until the weekend..but to be honest, it now seems to be working fine - save for that lightning bolt charging thing,
    It's running pretty smooth. And I'm on 5hrs since last start-up and no memory loss - woot!
    SO....the question is - do I need to go back?
    02-23-11 07:39 PM
    BBAddict, its the way QL launches the app. Basically if the "default" setting doesn't work when using QL to open an app, there are the 2 others to try. Set the default & then test the apps when your done from QL. If any fail to open, go back in and edit the launch method. As you can see there is a notation there that not all apps will be able to be launched with QL. I don't know of any, perhaps someone else could chime in with any info I may have missed telling you

02-23-11 07:40 PM
    BBAddict, its the way QL launches the app. Basically if the "default" setting doesn't work when using QL to open an app, there are the 2 others to try. Set the default & then test the apps when your done from QL. If any fail to open, go back in and edit the launch method. As you can see there is a notation there that not all apps will be able to be launched with QL. I don't know of any, perhaps someone else could chime in with any info I may have missed telling you

That makes sense!!! I'm going to have to play w/this for awhile & get it all figured out!!!! I'm loving that I have a "flashlight" on there now! My husband has the incredible & that came w/the flashlight & so I'm all bragging that I have a flashlight now too! lol!! Along w/a bunch of other nice things that came w/QL!
    02-23-11 07:46 PM
    So glad it worked out. Those battery pulls - when in doubt Lol!
    In all seriousness - you needed that app, and I'm happy for you that it got sorted it out without much trauma

No, have not gone back. Going to wait until the weekend..but to be honest, it now seems to be working fine - save for that lightning bolt charging thing,
    It's running pretty smooth. And I'm on 5hrs since last start-up and no memory loss - woot!
    SO....the question is - do I need to go back?
    lmao! I know, when in doubt, pull the batt out! Works 99.9% of the time! thanks again, and no more trauma! LOL

Yea, that charging w/ no bolt thing. On DT6 I don't get the bolt, but now I'm on SideBar6 and I have the bolt go figure! LOL
    Well, like I said 443 is running good for me as well, aside from that little hiccup before with my app. I'm glad to hear it panned out for you as well, so if you had to ask me-id say leave it be and just see how it goes. You had a good reading for your mem today then, mine was total craPpage! Lol. 14mb! BLAH!! If it starts to turn to ****e, then you can plan to go back to 431, but in the meantime, he11, enjoy 443 .

02-23-11 07:50 PM
    If I get a new BB, will I still be able to download it to that phone as well w/o paying for it again??? Because I know PINs dont transfer phones..
    I was able to reinstall from CrackBerry store and it prompted me to enter new PIN and send an email to QuikLaunch so they could change my info. It took a day but worth the small wait.
    02-23-11 07:53 PM
    That makes sense!!! I'm going to have to play w/this for awhile & get it all figured out!!!! I'm loving that I have a "flashlight" on there now! My husband has the incredible & that came w/the flashlight & so I'm all bragging that I have a flashlight now too! lol!! Along w/a bunch of other nice things that came w/QL!
    hahahaha! Now you have a flashlight to! So HA!

I'm glad your figuring it out, you'll be making some changes, adding & editing etc till you have it fine tuned......and then you'll look and say "ya know, I need to change this, or change that" LOL have fun! Enjoy it! It is a very useful tool

02-23-11 07:54 PM
    hahahaha! Now you have a flashlight to! So HA!

I'm glad your figuring it out, you'll be making some changes, adding & editing etc till you have it fine tuned......and then you'll look and say "ya know, I need to change this, or change that" LOL have fun! Enjoy it! It is a very useful tool

It has a flashlight??? OMG. How did I miss that?
    Yes - I know about the changing - I've already done that a dozen times, and I'm not done, I know it!
    02-23-11 08:07 PM
    lmao! I know, when in doubt, pull the batt out! Works 99.9% of the time! thanks again, and no more trauma! LOL

Yea, that charging w/ no bolt thing. On DT6 I don't get the bolt, but now I'm on SideBar6 and I have the bolt go figure! LOL
    Well, like I said 443 is running good for me as well, aside from that little hiccup before with my app. I'm glad to hear it panned out for you as well, so if you had to ask me-id say leave it be and just see how it goes. You had a good reading for your mem today then, mine was total craPpage! Lol. 14mb! BLAH!! If it starts to turn to ****e, then you can plan to go back to 431, but in the meantime, he11, enjoy 443 .

Well, you know - after posting that all is well, I installed a few more battery ex skins, and now - they are not showing up again. Grr. Not to mention that phone is now acting all laggy.
    Sigh. When in doubt...pull battery out. Here I go again.
    02-23-11 08:30 PM
    I have decided I don't like 443 after all. I have a huge memory leak and freezing. Plus no copy and paste in some apps is killing me!
    If that winter storm hits, I will stay in and re-install 431.
    02-23-11 08:41 PM
    jaydee i decided to try the hybrid again. deleted the os, reinstalled to pc, loaded hybrid on top, and loaded to phone. still get the java.lang error. boots in less than 3 minutes and battery life is much better than straight 443. bluetooth is better in 431 and i think that's probably a better os but this think is really quick with the hybrid leak. think i'll stick with it. i have very little memory leak. are you sure you don't have a program, or 5, that is causing the leak? good luck.
    02-23-11 08:59 PM
    I have decided I don't like 443 after all. I have a huge memory leak and freezing. Plus no copy and paste in some apps is killing me!
    If that winter storm hits, I will stay in and re-install 431.
    OMG. I'm with ya, Jaydee...
    It works fine for awhile, and then something goes wonky. I had almost decided to stay with it...until this last episode. Now I'm back to wanting to go back...which I will this weekend.
    02-23-11 09:09 PM
    OK, one at a time. Yes, if you pay and download an app from Mobihand etc. you can always re-download if you delete it. We do that everything we upgrade. We erase our bbs and re-download to install it again. No charge. Your pin is on file.

As far as a DM bug...I dunno. But if you backup your phone and you have an .ipd file as a result, it is backed up! So don't worry about DM6.

Installing a new OS means downloading it form the web, a link here on CB, from a hybrider's link, carrier link, etc and actually double-clicking the exe to install it on your PC. This as to be done before you can install it to your phone. Before you do that, go to your control panek and choose to delete any reference to BlackBerry device software. That way, there can be no confusion as to what you need or want to install.

Hope this helps you!!! If you have more questions, please continue to post with us TJ. We are glad to help!!!

Good Luck!
    Thanks Jaydee! That sound perfect. I will reload once I get everything cleaned up.

I have decided not to install the .443 at this time and just stick to cleaning up my pc, getting everything I can on my media card, etc.

All of my backups have been done on DM. Hmmmmm....that includes dated .ipd files from my old bold 8330, my 9650 on OS5 and now my bold on os6. Do you think there might be a bunch of old stuff I should delete off my pc because of this? Remember when I did my upgrade to OS6 that it was done OTA. (still so thankful this worked well for me, lol)
    02-23-11 10:00 PM
    OMG. I'm with ya, Jaydee...
    It works fine for awhile, and then something goes wonky. I had almost decided to stay with it...until this last episode. Now I'm back to wanting to go back...which I will this weekend.
    443 isn't what we thought it would be. I've talked to a couple of friends today who are having similar issues with 443. They're headed back to 431 too.
    02-23-11 10:04 PM
    It's not a bug, at least on any of my computers. DM6 will list the last backup that it created. If you've made the backup with DM on a different PC, or if you used BBSAK for your backup, then DM won't recognize it.
    Yikes! I only have DM loaded on my pc as my twins are always on the laptops (hard to believe all 8th grade textbooks are now online)....and I haven't backed up to BBSAK.

So being that the backup isn't showing up on the main screen as the date of last backup even though I have a dated .ipd file.....should I delete DM and try to reinstall it? Will that save any previous backups just in case?

Thanks for your help btw
    02-23-11 10:05 PM
23,186 ... 461462463464465 ...