DK has been gone for a while...they merged with PN in 2005 to make PS.
    Just after I got out the SK and AK ratings merged. And you're right, when my dad was in it was neither kind nor gentle, it was the military. Not the mess it is today.
    02-22-11 12:41 PM
    A) No swirlies for the Chief!

B) ram�bling (rmblng)
    adj.
    1. Often or habitually roaming; wandering.
    2. Extended over an irregular area; sprawling: a large rambling country estate.
    3. Lengthy and digressive: a rambling speech.
    The swirlies were for YOU for being disrespectful to a commanding officer.
    And I'd say Rambling fits EXACTLY what we do here!
    02-22-11 12:43 PM
    You may have to take orders from a Chief, but you don't have to salute them.

Yes, we do ramble, but not about any one particular topic
    02-22-11 12:47 PM
    You may have to take orders from a Chief, but you don't have to salute them.

Yes, we do ramble, but not about any one particular topic
    I'd rather hear "CHIEF" than return a salute any day!
    02-22-11 12:59 PM
    I let app loader do it all for wiping/reloading. You guys must have loads of apps. It takes me maybe 10 min tops to re-input my codes for the ones that actually take codes. Probably 8 that need codes out of 15 total apps. I think alot of apps and 5000 pix like JayDee said she had could result in longer boots. Eh?

Wow hamster, you do get around. The heat here as you'vr probably heard from your sis-in-law is usually dry and low humidity, but back in 92 we set a new record at 122F. They had to close the airport for awhile because of the tarmac melting! I'd like to move somewhere cooler. But not tooo cold.
    I let apploader do it as well. I don't have that many apps either so inputing a few codes is ok by me.

She has mentioned the heat. I've been to visit a few time but always in the "spring" - which for AZ is summer
    I have lived a lot of places, haven't I? lol! It's been a great experience....All the different cultures - It's amazing.

We do ramble a lot don't we? But that is what makes this so much fun

I'd rather hear "CHIEF" than return a salute any day!
    All hail to the chief!

Now- battery life on 443 for me is better. As far a memory leaks - down about 15mb in a day and a half - tho I have been switching up themes, walls, and skins, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Probably.
    I'm not sure at all about the added benefits to this version - I think I liked 431 better myself...hmmm. Maybe I'll go back. I don't know. But one upgrade/downgrade a week is enough for me at the moment. Maybe I'll do it next week.
    02-22-11 01:24 PM
    As far a memory leaks - down about 15mb in a day and a half - tho I have been switching up themes, walls, and skins, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Probably.
    I'm not sure at all about the added benefits to this version - I think I liked 431 better myself...hmmm. Maybe I'll go back. I don't know. But one upgrade/downgrade a week is enough for me at the moment. Maybe I'll do it next week.
    Still hanging tight at 273.xx free since i last rebooted on Sunday.
    02-22-11 01:27 PM
    It's good to be back on 431! No spinning clocks, no freezing up, battery life is better too. I was getting d@#n dizzy with those clocks spinnin'. This is much more stable than 443!
    02-22-11 01:31 PM
    It's good to be back on 431! No spinning clocks, no freezing up, battery life is better too. I was getting d@#n dizzy with those clocks spinnin'. This is much more stable than 443!
    You had to go and do it, didn't you?

Straight 431 or a hybrid? Shane liked the 436 hybrid better than the 443. Of course, the only difference was the radio -- he kept the same Java folder for both.
    02-22-11 01:39 PM
    I'd go back, but there's just too much else going on. 3 weeks I got a new "whip"...where's Pink for all this talk....this week it's my wife's turn to get one. The kids are home from school this week, and my daughter turns 8 on Friday. I'm almost as dizzy from all that as I am from the spinning clocks in 443.
    02-22-11 01:42 PM
    You had to go and do it, didn't you?

Straight 431 or a hybrid? Shane liked the 436 hybrid better than the 443. Of course, the only difference was the radio -- he kept the same Java folder for both.
    I had to do it I couldn't take the spinning clocks. I'm on straight 431 with heavy shrinkage.
    02-22-11 02:02 PM
    I had to do it I couldn't take the spinning clocks. I'm on straight 431 with heavy shrinkage.
    I don't get the spinning clocks any more now than I did with 431. So far, anyway. Of course, now I'll be looking for them, so it will seem that they're everywhere now.
    02-22-11 02:07 PM
    I'd go back, but there's just too much else going on. 3 weeks I got a new "whip"...where's Pink for all this talk....this week it's my wife's turn to get one. The kids are home from school this week, and my daughter turns 8 on Friday. I'm almost as dizzy from all that as I am from the spinning clocks in 443.
    I hear you, But, you're gettin' a new whip! You can slide back to 431 when you get some time. After this week you might need some time to yourself!
    02-22-11 02:07 PM
    I don't get the spinning clocks any more now than I did with 431. So far, anyway. Of course, now I'll be looking for them, so it will seem that they're everywhere now.
    Lol! Me too!

two new whips??!! wow. Can I have one too??
    Happy bday to your daughter! And I can understand the craziness...My kid has been home from school for 2 days and I can't seem to get anything done.

Well being on here doesn't count

Where is P1nk?
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    02-22-11 03:01 PM
    hey all! Its been a busy day for me! Whew! I'm wiped out already and its ONLY 10 to 4!

Wow, so a few of you are having issues with 443? I don't get the clock spinning UNLESS I'm using Bolt so I'm back to the native browser.

Prince I see you went back to 431, the ONLY reason I'd consider that is this stupid f**king copy paste issue I have with Bolt now, and the bbm(5.0.1.45) won't update my sons avatar.I've got the blue man in the box and Jaydee, I had the cursor in bbm disappear on me a few times as well.

Hamster, I can't believe how much mem you've leaked! Holy snikies! I'm down 9mb, but I have Bolt & the native browser going plus swapping wps & batex skin. Within 9hrs. So not terrible, but not great either. Batt life is def better though on 443.

I'm also considering going back to 431 as well, I'm still contemplating. Which leads me to my next question, just to be certain. I have 431 on my desk top computer (WinXP) so I could just hook up and go thru app loader with it without having to wipe off 443, correct? I just want to be certain

So Pc, the wifey gettin a need whip! Ballin'! we'll be doin donuts in da' six speed! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 03:02 PM
    Where is P1nk?
    here I am! while you were posting this, iwas writing my book to post! LOL

BTW, question again, who ever is still running the leak 443, did you consider putting bbm 5.0.1.41 back on? That is doable correct?

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-22-11 at 03:10 PM.
    02-22-11 03:04 PM

BTW, question again, who ever is still running the leak 443, did you consider putting bbm 5.0.1.41 back on? That is doable correct?

Yes, you can still load BBM 5/41. When I was last looked on Sunday, that was the verison that is still posted at RIM.
    02-22-11 03:13 PM
    [color=darkslateblue][font=century gothic][b] I'm also considering going back to 431 as well, I'm still contemplating. Which leads me to my next question, just to be certain. I have 431 on my desk top computer (WinXP) so I could just hook up and go thru app loader with it without having to wipe off 443, correct? I just want to be certain

Pink, Go to control panel add/remove programs and remove 443 if it's still there, it will still be on your desktop. Then install 431 on your pc and you're ready!
    Last edited by princebb; 02-22-11 at 03:16 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-22-11 03:13 PM

So Pc, the wifey gettin a need whip! Ballin'! we'll be doin donuts in da' six speed! LOL
    no six speeds for her, tried that once way back when, and almost burned up a perfectly good clutch! 6 speed auto for her.
    02-22-11 03:17 PM

Hey there, P1nk! Now if only Jaydee would resurface today, we're golden
    Don't know about my memory - I dang tired of it, I tell ya!

Pink, Go to control panel add/remove programs and remove 443 if it's still there, it will still be on your desktop. Then install 431 on your pc and you're ready!
    We can still use DM to downgrade as well, right? Do you still have to delete 443 from the pc? I think I'm going back this weekend...
    02-22-11 03:29 PM
    Yes, you can still load BBM 5/41. When I was last looked on Sunday, that was the verison that is still posted at RIM.
    Thanks Underway I figured it was ok to, just wanted to be sure!

Pink, Go to control panel add/remove programs and remove 443 if it's stil l there, it will still be on your desktop. Then install 431 on your pc and you're ready!
    Thanks Prince I actually have 443 on my laptop so I can leave it there, and I believe I already have 431 installed on my desk top-2 diff compts-i purposely did that in case I'd want to go back to 443 if I switch back to 431.

no six speeds for her, tried that once way back when, and almost burned up a perfectly good clutch! 6 speed auto for her.
    didn't you teach her how to bang gears?!?! I have a 5speed & loooooove the shizzz outta it!

02-22-11 03:32 PM

We can still use DM to downgrade as well, right? Do you still have to delete 443 from the pc? I think I'm going back this weekend...
    I never use DM, use apploader it's easier.
    02-22-11 03:53 PM
    I never use DM, use apploader it's easier.
    FWIW, I've found that it can sometimes be easier to use DM if you have more than one OS installed on your PC, since DM gives you the option to choose from all the OS that it can find. APPLOADER doesn't give you the option to downgrade, and sometimes won't load the OS that you really want. APPLOADER is great if you have just the single OS on your PC.
    02-22-11 04:03 PM

Yes, Jaydee has been sparse today too. to bad reality has to come before our Cracks! LOL

Well, I saw a major decrease in my mem when I stopped using the BW custom skins. I have continued to use the BattEx skin tho, and no maj mem loss there.

Any who, as far as going back to 431, i think I'm right there with ya, if I can't wait till the weekend, I'll do it tomorrow or Thurs.
    This Bolt thing with my menu key not comin up only when I need to paste something has really got me twisted!
    02-22-11 04:13 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6077470]Yes, Jaydee has been sparse today too. to bad reality has to come before our Cracks! LOL

I was around in the am Pink and I didn't see you then!
    I have been busy. Hubs needed to go to the doctor again...and I have been doing some networking on my bb in the meantime.

I am testing Sidebar by Al3azim and posted screen shots in the 9650 thread.

Also, I am sitting on the 443 hybrid and I don't think I'll be going back to 431 anytime soon. I am too lazy to re-reg all those apps without the aid of copy and paste and the freezing is less and less. The memory loss was about 37MB in 12 hours; I had to reboot to add a theme so started over. Down 30MB again after only 4 hours. I dunno. I don't care anymore. I'm keeping this OS cause it's just too damn much trouble to reinstall crap.

PS 443 was not showing the lightning bolt while charging but I switched themes and Voila! There it is. Who the freak knows???

Oh and I'm beta testing BBM 5.0.2.11 too, did I mention that?
    No wonder my phone is whacky!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-22-11 at 04:38 PM.
    02-22-11 04:35 PM
    BTW, Pc, Happy Birthday to your daughter

(sorry I overlooked that before)
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    02-22-11 04:46 PM
23,186 ... 459460461462463 ...