Paul, I went back to 431 last night. 443 does have some lag. I was getting the dreaded hour glass plus the phone froze up a few times and battery life wasn't as good. IMO 431 is more stable and solid. 443 is not a major step up.
    I've seen a lot of spinning clocks, especially after it first loaded. The call quality is great, the wifi seems to be fixed, though at first I had my doubts. There aren't enough bugs that annoy me yet for me to roll back, and I'm not in the mood for trying to wipe and reload from scratch. Reinstalling apps is a giant PITA.
    02-22-11 09:51 AM
    Dr Prince, the lag and occasional freezing worries me. I will probably stick with 443 until the next one rolls along and I will jump on it to get rid of this.

As far as battery life, I cannot judge; but yesterday I started using a 2600 battery; the extended one, just to see how much of a difference it will make for me. I have been experiencing battery run-offs for a while with 431 and was hoping I'd see a dramatic improvement with 443. I didn't in the two days I ran it and well, my new battery arrived so I am using it. I actually like the feel or the heft of the extra battery on the back...until it annoys the **** outta me and I chuck it and say screw this and go back to switching out my smaller batteries!

I'm a woman; I have the right to change my mind!!!!

Anyway, my phone is running fine so far with 443 except for a few niggling problems, as Bob would say. I think tho, like Dr Prince, that 431 was the most stable OS for my phone.

BBM beta is not ready for prime time either, I'm afraid...
    02-22-11 09:55 AM
    BBM beta is not ready for prime time either, I'm afraid...
    what makes you say this? I haven't gone back thru this thread for fear of 452,000 screen caps of cutsie wallpapers
    02-22-11 09:57 AM
    what makes you say this? I haven't gone back thru this thread for fear of 452,000 screen caps of cutsie wallpapers
    I've gotten the invisible cursor twice....
    and why can't i specify to WHERE I want files downloaded???
    02-22-11 10:01 AM
    6-minute boot time
    Wow, what's up with that? Not cool. My boot time has actually gotten quicker and is around 2 min. I reboot every morning and this has been consistent.
    02-22-11 10:56 AM
    Well, aren't YOU the one who smacks noobs for not reading through a thread before asking? Hmmm?
    02-22-11 11:14 AM
    Wow, what's up with that? Not cool. My boot time has actually gotten quicker and is around 2 min. I reboot every morning and this has been consistent.
    Are you using 443 straight or a hybrid?
    02-22-11 11:15 AM
    Are you using 443 straight or a hybrid?
    Shane's 443/448/450 and no 6.1 files this time around. I've also had my wifi on since day 1 to check for the bug and it's been good, no bug so far.
    02-22-11 11:21 AM
    Shane's 443/448/450 and no 6.1 files this time around. I've also had my wifi on since day 1 to check for the bug and it's been good, no bug so far.
    I'm running the same. My boot time actually varies between four and six minutes. No reason that I can think of that it should vary so much. I'm really only sticking with this because the WiFi bug is fixed and, like Paul and so many others, I think it's a PITA to wipe and reinstall then reregister all my apps.
    02-22-11 11:25 AM
    i did the same on my wife's style. I deleted myspace and a couple other apps and then i Got the java error after the reboot! I even wiped the phone And still get the error. havent noticed anything in performance though so doesnt seem like a big deal.
    Hmmm. then maybe this is why I get that error as I always have deleted that useless crap 'cause I never use it.

I'm running the same. My boot time actually varies between four and six minutes. No reason that I can think of that it should vary so much. I'm really only sticking with this because the WiFi bug is fixed and, like Paul and so many others, I think it's a PITA to wipe and reinstall then reregister all my apps.
    I let app loader do it all for wiping/reloading. You guys must have loads of apps. It takes me maybe 10 min tops to re-input my codes for the ones that actually take codes. Probably 8 that need codes out of 15 total apps. I think alot of apps and 5000 pix like JayDee said she had could result in longer boots. Eh?

I'm sure the summers are hot! They are here as well and with the humidity it's unbearable at times. I was born in Africa (super hot), moved to England (super dreary) then to Canada (super cold), back to Africa, back to Canada and now here in Raleigh,NC. So I've seen all ranges of climates...
    Wow hamster, you do get around. The heat here as you'vr probably heard from your sis-in-law is usually dry and low humidity, but back in 92 we set a new record at 122F. They had to close the airport for awhile because of the tarmac melting! I'd like to move somewhere cooler. But not tooo cold.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-22-11 at 11:43 AM.
    02-22-11 11:28 AM
    Hmmm. then maybe this is why I get that error as I always have deleted that useless crap 'cause I never use it.

I let app loader do it all for wiping/reloading. You guys must have loads of apps. It takes me maybe 10 min tops to re-input my codes for the ones that actually take codes. Probably 8 that need codes out of 15 total apps. I think alot of apps and 5000 pix like JayDee said she had could result in longer boots. Eh?
    I don't have a lot, maybe 12-15 apps with only a half-dozen or so that take codes, but it takes time (and patience with the long ones) to type them in since you can't paste your codes in 443. I also prefer to download my apps fresh rather than installing from backup.
    02-22-11 11:36 AM
    Well, aren't YOU the one who smacks noobs for not reading through a thread before asking? Hmmm?
    I do, but if we didn't have 452,000 screenies I 'd probably read back a bit. Besides, this thread is hardly on-topic, so it's not like I could easily find the "BBM beta sux cuz..." posts.

You've been officially noob-slapped...if you are/were an officer, then

You've been officially noob-slapped, Sir
    02-22-11 11:40 AM
    I do, but if we didn't have 452,000 screenies I 'd probably read back a bit. Besides, this thread is hardly on-topic, so it's not like I could easily find the "BBM beta sux cuz..." posts.

You've been officially noob-slapped...if you are/were an officer, then

You've been officially noob-slapped, Sir
    It's "You've been officially noob-slapped, CHIEF"
    02-22-11 11:48 AM
    I don't have a lot, maybe 12-15 apps with only a half-dozen or so that take codes, but it takes time (and patience with the long ones) to type them in since you can't paste your codes in 443. I also prefer to download my apps fresh rather than installing from backup.
    WoW! You download fresh apps every time and I thought my BB OCD was bad.
    No wonder you dislike the process. I've never had an issue that I can remember with apps messing up from not being fresh. I don't think that is really necessary and just let app/Ldr do it all. But do what your comfy with.
    I also keep a hard copy sheet in my desk of all codes. Easy to write em in quick.
    02-22-11 11:49 AM
    I don't have loads of apps, probably 10 at most: Poynt, BBM, FB, Twitter, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, QL, GMaps, GSync, Social Feeds. I have less than 100 pics on ym card, and only 2 or 3 mp3s.
    02-22-11 11:49 AM
    lol, aye-aye, Chief. what was your rating?
    02-22-11 12:03 PM
    but it takes time (and patience with the long ones) to type them in since you can't paste your codes in 443.
    This gave me fits the other day! I was swearing like I was on shore leave!!!!!
    02-22-11 12:05 PM
    lol, aye-aye, Chief. what was your rating?
    STS - Sonar Technician Submarines
    02-22-11 12:07 PM
    STS - Sonar Technician Submarines
    I was
    02-22-11 12:12 PM
    HAHA!! So can we hold his head underwater till he cries "uncle"????
    Noob-slapping the CHIEF!!! OMG!

And what does pc mean when he says we are hardly on topic?????
    Ramblings means we are ALWAYS on topic!!!!
    02-22-11 12:12 PM

And what does pc mean when he says we are hardly on topic?????
    Ramblings means we are ALWAYS on topic!!!!
    A) No swirlies for the Chief!

B) ram�bling (rmblng)
    adj.
    1. Often or habitually roaming; wandering.
    2. Extended over an irregular area; sprawling: a large rambling country estate.
    3. Lengthy and digressive: a rambling speech.
    02-22-11 12:15 PM
    I was
    DK has been gone for a while...they merged with PN in 2005 to make PS.
    02-22-11 12:16 PM
    And by a DK3 at that! You gotta love this "kinder, gentler Navy" NOT!!!
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-22-11 at 12:21 PM.
    02-22-11 12:19 PM
    And by a DK3 at that! You gotta love this "kinder, gentler Navy" NOT!!!
    It's not like when my dad was in.....'64-67....that's when the Navy didn't have to be kind or gentle.
    02-22-11 12:27 PM
    It's not like when my dad was in.....'64-67....that's when the Navy didn't have to be kind or gentle.
    Based on what I've heard, it was neither.
    02-22-11 12:33 PM
23,186 ... 458459460461462 ...