I've been running 443 since Saturday night and I'm not sure about it yet. The browser might be slightly faster than 431, but not much. The battery life isn't as good. I did install the cod files for BerryPopoup and that worked fine. But this morning the phone froze up and I had to pull the battery a couple of times, that has never happened on any OS that I've run. IMO, 431 ran smoother for me, might be headed back.
    02-21-11 12:26 PM
    I've been running 443 since Saturday night and I'm not sure about it yet. The browser might be slightly faster than 431, but not much. The battery life isn't as good. I did install the cod files for BerryPopoup and that worked fine. But this morning the phone froze up and I had to pull the battery a couple of times, that has never happened on any OS that I've run. IMO, 431 ran smoother for me, might be headed back.
    Interesting Keith, So far alls well here running the hybrid. It can be very peculiar as we have been finding out on the forums how one phone can function so differently when compared to another and when running the same stuff.
    That being said, you haven't done anything differently app wise or anything else?
    Are you interested at all in trying the hybrid before going back? Just a thought. I don't have berry pop up but wondering if that's not playing nice. I remember you said before you need that app and find it very useful.
    02-21-11 12:34 PM
    Interesting Keith, So far alls well here running the hybrid. It can be very peculiar as we have been finding out on the forums how one phone can function so differently when compared to another and when running the same stuff.
    That being said, you haven't done anything differently app wise or anything else?
    Are you interested at all in trying the hybrid before going back? Just a thought. I don't have berry pop up but wondering if that's not playing nice. I remember you said before you need that app and find it very useful.
    I know this is the first time I've had any issues with an OS. I still don't have any memory leaks, but the battery thing isn't good. I haven't made any app changes, it's just not playing as nice as 431! I'm not interested in trying hybrids.
    02-21-11 12:54 PM
    JayDee, I don't know why I get mine either, but as I said it's been on every incarnation of 6 whether hybrid or straight. It seems to be a non-issue as far as performance. It's always three errors. Pops up with every reboot. I remember Shane saying something about it re one of his hybrids. Saying it was not a big deal. Have you gotten them at all? I'm not worried about it and there are worse things that could be going on like large mem leaks or poor battery which I have escaped thus far. So just curious is all.
    EDIT: Is java lang a language error? I always shrink all languages and all fonts.
    Jim, the only thing I can think of is maybe an app is causing the error. Other than that, I really wouldn't know, I'm not that familiar with errors. Sorry I couldn't have more input for you.
    Prince, I've been running it since yesterday, and so far so good. Its actually quicker for me than 431 was. My batt life so far is ok, but I can't even gauge it today because I had to delete and re-install Bolt and reboot, so that drained my batt a bit more than normal. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a better idea for batt life. I am still having that issue with Bolt though, where if i copy my PB image link and try to paste it on Bolt in a reply box on cb, when I click my menu button, nothing will pop up, like I haven't even pushed it. So my work around for that is to use the oem browser for c/p'ing things to post my screen shots. The only other thing I lost when loading the OS was my saved emails, but I had my back up to restore those, TG! And when I'm charging, the bolt doesn't show in my battery. Other than that, so far I'm satisfied with this OS.

I wonder if BerryPopUp could've caused your bb to freeze? Or perhaps, a couple of things were "coming in" all at once on your bb and froze it. Idk, just an idea to kick around and maybe give the OS a couple more days before making a def decision to go back to 431.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-21-11 at 01:52 PM.
    02-21-11 01:50 PM
    Glad to hear it. I was thinking it was time to get you to hybrid ville. It's coming down the road. "There it is , up ahead the signpost, "welcome to "hybrid zone" . LOL. Good morning btw! We had a storm over the weekend and I've got yard work on the schedule this week. Loads of cleanup...YUCK!
    You don't know how relieved I am that all is working like it should be now. All except for the charging bolt. It's a little thing, but bugging the crap out of me! lol I'm a nervous wreck when upgrading...it's not for the faint of heart, lol!
    Hybridville You have got be kidding me...again - nervous wreck..
    But then again I did say that about uprading straight OS's - so you never know...Might reach that signpost a lot quicker now

Where in AZ are you? My sis-in-law is in Phoenix and loves it...what kind of storm? Sounds like the ones we get in NC, where the aftermath leaves a disaster zone in the yard!
    02-21-11 02:12 PM
    Your shrinking of the OS more than likely DID NOT cause the java error. I shrink nearly everything out of the OS and I never get the error. Maybe its from some other app you installed.
    jaydee you are probably correct. i decided to wipe and reinstall, same error. then i deleted the os from my laptop and reinstalled, no problem. i then used bbhybrids shrink tool and wiped and reinstalled no error. i installed each app and rebooted then installed newberry theme and rebooted no errors. just finished so i'm going to stick with straight 443 and skip the hybrid. for some reason my phone just didn't like it. hate that it was faster with the hybrid but i'm too anal to live with the java error.
    02-21-11 03:42 PM
    jaydee you are probably correct. i decided to wipe and reinstall, same error. then i deleted the os from my laptop and reinstalled, no problem. i then used bbhybrids shrink tool and wiped and reinstalled no error. i installed each app and rebooted then installed newberry theme and rebooted no errors. just finished so i'm going to stick with straight 443 and skip the hybrid. for some reason my phone just didn't like it. hate that it was faster with the hybrid but i'm too anal to live with the java error.
    Glad you found the error. I mean, I know first hand how every phone behaves differently with the same OS and apps! Believe me. It's unfortunate you couldn't keep the hybrid but the java increases aren't usually all that much. If your phone is running smoothly, that's what you need!!!
    02-21-11 04:17 PM
    Hi gang, I'm partially back now. Life is still very busy, don't really know how I managed to hold down a full time job in my former, pre-retired life! Oh yeah, I didn't play as much golf and I didn't volunteer as much, maybe that's it. Life is much more fun now though.

Hey Jim, congrats on making "Genius". Well deserved, I for one appreciate your sage advice.

Now, a question for all of you, have any of you DL'd the BB Boss2 file? I have had problems with the copy I currently have not dumping very much stuff if any at all and am hoping that the new version will do better; however, I've DL'd it twice and my virus scanner deletes it every time telling me that it contains a virus. Anyone having that problem?

I DL'd .443 and .466 along with Shane's latest for .443. I actually DL'd .466 first and then noticed the comments about problems with it. Anyone installed .466 and if so how was it? I plan on upgrding tonight, I will do .443 with Shane's hybrid unless someone tells me that .466 is not as bad as I've read about.

Thanks,

PS - I've had the itch for almost 2 weeks now, it's past time for a scratching!
    02-21-11 04:28 PM
    JayDee, I don't know why I get mine either, but as I said it's been on every incarnation of 6 whether hybrid or straight. It seems to be a non-issue as far as performance. It's always three errors. Pops up with every reboot. I remember Shane saying something about it re one of his hybrids. Saying it was not a big deal. Have you gotten them at all? I'm not worried about it and there are worse things that could be going on like large mem leaks or poor battery which I have escaped thus far. So just curious is all.
    EDIT: Is java lang a language error? I always shrink all languages and all fonts.
    i did the same on my wife's style. I deleted myspace and a couple other apps and then i Got the java error after the reboot! I even wiped the phone And still get the error. havent noticed anything in performance though so doesnt seem like a big deal.
    02-21-11 04:45 PM
    Hi gang, I'm partially back now. Life is still very busy, don't really know how I managed to hold down a full time job in my former, pre-retired life! Oh yeah, I didn't play as much golf and I didn't volunteer as much, maybe that's it. Life is much more fun now though.

Hey Jim, congrats on making "Genius". Well deserved, I for one appreciate your sage advice.

Now, a question for all of you, have any of you DL'd the BB Boss2 file? I have had problems with the copy I currently have not dumping very much stuff if any at all and am hoping that the new version will do better; however, I've DL'd it twice and my virus scanner deletes it every time telling me that it contains a virus. Anyone having that problem?

I DL'd .443 and .466 along with Shane's latest for .443. I actually DL'd .466 first and then noticed the comments about problems with it. Anyone installed .466 and if so how was it? I plan on upgrding tonight, I will do .443 with Shane's hybrid unless someone tells me that .466 is not as bad as I've read about.

Thanks,

PS - I've had the itch for almost 2 weeks now, it's past time for a scratching!
    Skip 466 and go with Shane's 436 or 443 hybrid. There are just too many bugs with 466 that outweigh the good things about it.

Shane says that the 436-based hybrid is better for power. He's combined both his 436 and 443 hybrids now, you'll have to choose which radio to use. The 443 uses the 348 radio, while 436 uses the tried and true 315 radio. I'm running the 443 hybrid and it seems to be running very well right now.
    02-21-11 04:50 PM
    Where in AZ are you? My sis-in-law is in Phoenix and loves it...what kind of storm? Sounds like the ones we get in NC, where the aftermath leaves a disaster zone in the yard!
    I'm in Scottsdale. I grew up in the big valley here, so I've been thru an awful lot of sizzling summers. They get tedious after awhile.
    The storm was more wind than rain and just blew the yard full of debris. Got the back done, work on the front later.
    We'll get you all hybridized one of these days.

Thanks Bob, Regarding the hybrids, I loaded and installed Shane's 443/448/450 and this time did not install the 6.1 files. I cannot believe the battery life is the best of any os I've ever run, which is counter to what others are saying about that. 100% last nite at 11pm and now at 430pm I'm at 82%. I cannot complain about that, the one thing I did do differently also is reenable wifi because I wanted to see if that bug was fixed and it seems to be. So not sure how much that has improved my battery life. Maybe some. But this is a very smooth running os and I can definitly recommend it. I heard you had an itch.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-21-11 at 05:36 PM.
    02-21-11 05:28 PM
    Underway,

I have to ask, I saw on another post you mention "I am using the Otterbox Commuter with the Seidio locking holster right now. It's not designed for the Otterbox case, but the holster works with it."

Is there 2 sizes to the Seidio locking holster, I have one and I can not get my Commuter to fit in it. This combo is what I have been looking for but have had no luck with the Commuter fitting into a holster. I have several leather pouches but was looking for a quick release holster.
    02-21-11 06:02 PM
    I'm in Scottsdale. I grew up in the big valley here, so I've been thru an awful lot of sizzling summers. They get tedious after awhile.
    The storm was more wind than rain and just blew the yard full of debris. Got the back done, work on the front later.
    We'll get you all hybridized one of these days.
    I'm sure the summers are hot! They are here as well and with the humidity it's unbearable at times. I was born in Africa (super hot), moved to England (super dreary) then to Canada (super cold), back to Africa, back to Canada and now here in Raleigh,NC. So I've seen all ranges of climates...
    At least you got the back done...relax and play with your BB - you've earned it!
    Hybrid. There is that word again
    02-21-11 07:01 PM
    I'm sure the summers are hot! They are here as well and with the humidity it's unbearable at times. I was born in Africa (super hot), moved to England (super dreary) then to Canada (super cold), back to Africa, back to Canada and now here in Raleigh,NC. So I've seen all ranges of climates...
    At least you got the back done...relax and play with your BB - you've earned it!
    Hybrid. There is that word again
    A globetrotter like you should be afraid of a measly hybrid.
    02-21-11 08:00 PM

Bob, I'm using BBHybrids Tool 2.4 it works great!
    Last edited by princebb; 02-21-11 at 08:17 PM.
    02-21-11 08:15 PM
    Underway,

I have to ask, I saw on another post you mention "I am using the Otterbox Commuter with the Seidio locking holster right now. It's not designed for the Otterbox case, but the holster works with it."

Is there 2 sizes to the Seidio locking holster, I have one and I can not get my Commuter to fit in it. This combo is what I have been looking for but have had no luck with the Commuter fitting into a holster. I have several leather pouches but was looking for a quick release holster.
    I am using the holster designed for the Seidio Innocase 360. I think they have a bigger one for their Innocase Active. I have a little difficulty locking the clip on the top, but I can push the phone down a tiny bit more and make the clip lock. I don't lock it, and I've never had the clip let go.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-22-11 at 12:09 AM.
    02-21-11 10:28 PM
    Hi gang,
    Bob, I have all those different shrinkers in a file. Some don't seem to work so well. This time I just used the shrinker that pops up after the hybrid install to my pc, just went with it and it shrunk everything I requested. Sorry can't remember which one it was.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-21-11 at 11:51 PM.
    02-21-11 11:46 PM
    Bob, when I installed Shane's latest hybrid, it brought up BB Boss's current shrinker and I used it with great success! Seems to have done its job for me.
    02-22-11 07:23 AM
    I'm still undecided on this one as well. When I first loaded it up Sunday morning, the I had browser wifi bug happen once or twice, haven't seen it since. I've had a draft SMS show up on reboot, but only one message not all of them like 466 did. BBM beta runs nice and smooth. 443 does seek to have some lag

6-minute boot time
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-22-11 at 08:37 AM.
    02-22-11 08:31 AM
    I'm still undecided on this one as well. When I first loaded it up Sunday morning, the I had browser wifi bug happen once or twice, haven't seen it since. I've had a draft SMS show up on reboot, but only one message not all of them like 466 did. BBM beta runs nice and smooth. 443 does seek to have some lag
    No SMS problems with the hybrid. Although, I have seen the BBM cursor issue once (I'm using the Beta). I have noticed a freezing for a few seconds with the hourglass with the hybrid and I don't know if it's MY crazy phone or the hybrid. I think you're right Paul, 443 has some lag inherent in it...and the hybrid did not seem to remove it for me
    02-22-11 08:35 AM
    I think you're right Paul, 443 has some lag inherent in it

I think you're right. for example clicking on BBM has a good 5 second lag.
    02-22-11 08:46 AM
    I don't think this leak is a huge step up myself, but it does run very smooth for me. So far the wifi bug has not reappeared for me, so that is nice. Battery life is better, so those are the two improvements for me. I'll be sticking with it most likely. A couple other things I noticed is boot time is quicker and charging time is a lot faster. Kinda cool also.
    02-22-11 08:52 AM
    I don't think this leak is a huge step up myself, but it does run very smooth for me. So far the wifi bug has not reappeared for me, so that is nice. Battery life is better, so those are the two improvements for me. I'll be sticking with it most likely. A couple other things I noticed is boot time is quicker and charging time is a lot faster. Kinda cool also.
    Your boot time is quicker? Mine's back up to almost six minutes from just over three minutes with 431. I haven't seen the lag yet, but I'm still using the BBM 5 that loaded with Shane's hybrid. No WiFi bug for me, either. I'm still undecided on the battery life. It seems to be a little bit worse than 431, but not much.

Overall, this isn't great, but I've not yet found a show-stopper with this one. I'll stick with it for a bit -- at least until the next leak hits the street.

Anyone have some kind of word on 505?
    02-22-11 09:28 AM
    Your boot time is quicker? Mine's back up to almost six minutes from just over three minutes with 431.
    Same here. This leak is a "meh" in my book.
    02-22-11 09:31 AM

6-minute boot time
    Paul, I went back to 431 last night. 443 does have some lag. I was getting the dreaded hour glass plus the phone froze up a few times and battery life wasn't as good. IMO 431 is more stable and solid. 443 is not a major step up.
    02-22-11 09:47 AM
23,186 ... 457458459460461 ...