w00t! booting back up already!
    Pink, did you install as is? or did you do not intall apps, data as underway suggested? Don't know if I want to try selective restore or not
    02-20-11 01:54 PM
    w00t! booting back up already!
    Hey pink, did you go with 443 or the hybrid? I'm on 443 now and tried to go hybrid lastnight but was having troubles doing so and it was 2am so think I will try to load shane's hybrid again today after I go get groceries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 01:55 PM
    Yes. Along with CityID, video, etc.
    ahhh...ya know, I didn't go back into the actual files like I wanted to, to get rid of the docs/sheets to go and such! damn, I coulda ditched that crap too! oh well

I'm trying to make bake ziti and load os at the same time! LOL I need a few more arms!
    Well, I see EVERYONE has gone to 443 so I will be the last and do it now!
    All my themes better transfer correctly or I'm gonna be hot!
    I am going to install Shame's hybrid I think and shrink the h-e-l-l outta it.
    Per usual.
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Putting in keycodes by hand is a beyotch. But I will be doing it. May take me all day!!!
    Hey pink, did you go with 443 or the hybrid? I'm on 443 now and tried to go hybrid lastnight but was having troubles doing so and it was 2am so think I will try to load shane's hybrid again today after I go get groceries

I just went straight 443 Lethal.
    02-20-11 01:56 PM
    ahhh...ya know, I didn't go back into the actual files like I wanted to, to get rid of the docs/sheets to go and such! damn, I coulda ditched that crap too! oh well

I'm trying to make bake ziti and load os at the same time! LOL I need a few more arms!
    What?

Simultaneously baking and loading OS? What's wrong with you? You have to properly prioritize your activities. Feeding the kids will wait!
    02-20-11 01:58 PM
    I just went straight 443 Lethal.
    I think you will be pleased with 443. - am so pleased that I almost can't see how I would benefit from going hybrid as I have had no issues and everything is very snappy

Jaydee, you shouldn't have any problems with your themes after going 443. I didn't and haven't heard of any one else having issues!

02-20-11 02:01 PM
    Well, I see EVERYONE has gone to 443 so I will be the last and do it now!
    All my themes better transfer correctly or I'm gonna be hot!
    I am going to install Shame's hybrid I think and shrink the h-e-l-l outta it.
    Per usual.
    Will let you know how it goes.
    Putting in keycodes by hand is a beyotch. But I will be doing it. May take me all day!!!
    so far jaydee, it looks as all 4 of Al's restored on mine no prob, in fact, it set DT6 for me and i'm just setting the wp and starting with my 3 batt pulls now.

Good luck, and yes, putting in the keycodes by hand will be a b e otch for sure!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 02:06 PM.
    02-20-11 02:02 PM
    I think you will be pleased with 443. - am so pleased that I almost can't see how I would benefit from going hybrid as I have had no issues and everything is very snappy

Jaydee, you shouldn't have any problems with your themes after going 443. I didn't and haven't heard of any one else having issues!

I'm sure I will! I'm doing my batt pulls now and then will have to reset everything else, my icons are all over the place like dog sh*t on a lawn!LOL
    02-20-11 02:08 PM
    i'm sure i will! I'm doing my batt pulls now and then will have to reset everything else, my icons are all over the place like dog sh*t on a lawn!lol
    lmfao!!!!!!!

02-20-11 02:14 PM
    I'm sure I will! I'm doing my batt pulls now and then will have to reset everything else, my icons are all over the place like dog sh*t on a lawn!LOL
    Thats why QL is such a treat. I never mess with icons anymore and don't have a care as to where they land after an install. QL just plain rocks as to what it can do. Just learned last nite right here on this thread I can put universal search on a QL key. That slipped by me. Didn't know it was an option. What can't this berry do with QL at the helm?

my icons are all over the place like dog sh*t on a lawn!LOL[/COLOR][/B]
    HA! HA! At least my cat buries her icons.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-20-11 at 02:21 PM.
    02-20-11 02:15 PM
    Deleting service books would not have occurred to me for this problem. What sent you there?
    Deleting and reinstallling apps, and deleting service book is all I knew to do. A shot in the dark.
    However, it wasn't a permanent fix. When I reopened the apps the clicking issue was back.
    So I'm going back to 431. If I decide to try again, I'll not reinstall any apps but just redownload them after the OS settles.
    02-20-11 02:17 PM
    What's the benefit of having universal search on QL when any key starts US anyway?

02-20-11 02:18 PM
    What's the benefit of having universal search on QL when any key starts US anyway?

Not with a custom theme if you also want to use application shortcuts. It's one or the other. It's the way the theme creator tool is made.
    02-20-11 02:35 PM

Because with some custom themes, any key DOES NOT start Universal Search

Sorry Underway; did not see your answer before I posted. Too busy pouring a gun and tonic for the upgrade I suppose!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-20-11 at 02:39 PM.
    02-20-11 02:36 PM
    WooHooo!!! I did it!!!

Now to re-arrange all the f*** ed up icons and start pulling batteries!!

Who would have thought I would be upgrading OS's???

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!

Jaydee...missed you here today...welcome to 443
    02-20-11 02:45 PM
    WooHooo!!! I did it!!!

Thanks Hamster! I went to brunch with the gfs. We had a nice time and great breakfast/lunch/dinner!!!!

Almost finished loading here too. Time to re-register (by hand) all my apps and get some themes set up!!
    02-20-11 02:47 PM
    Because with some custom themes, any key DOES NOT start Universal Search

Sorry Underway; did not see your answer before I posted. Too busy pouring a gun and tonic for the upgrade I suppose!
    Gotcha, I was unaware of this as I usually run exprss_6 theme and US works with that theme so I had no idea. Thanks for the headsup

02-20-11 02:58 PM
    How come every single fuc*ing time I upgrade...15 of my apps do not install back by loader?

I get 10 or 12 of then but the other 15 or so, along with seven themes I have to add one at a time. Why is that?

Anyone?
    And don't tell me I'm doing something different. I'm doing exactly what you see me post here.

Is it because loader only backs up and restores the wirelessly delivered modules? Well that's a crock of ****e because not everything gets installed that way. People pass me cods for apps and I install that way, too. WTF is going on?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-20-11 at 03:22 PM.
    02-20-11 03:12 PM
    I have been following the .443 upgrade/install between the infamous ramblers all day and have a few basic questions before I decide about this venture.

First would this upgrade help with an annoying problem I have been experiencing since late Friday.....almost every time I go to load a page I get an error about not being able to connect to the internet. I stop the load and click the restart and the page loads immediately.

Next, have most loaded the leak or the hybrid? Not sure I understand the difference.

Lastly, what is BBSAK? And I have DM 6 on my laptop....is this just as good as DM 5?

Thanks to all of you for your help! Your patience is so appreciated! :-)

02-20-11 03:37 PM
    I have the same problem jaydee. I have a folder I keep all my CODs that don't seem to like to be loaded with apploader. It is a pain in the azz. It would be interesting if there is a reason, and even better if there was a solution to fix it.
    02-20-11 03:37 PM
    I have been following the .443 upgrade/install between the infamous ramblers all day and have a few basic questions before I decide about this venture.

First would this upgrade help with an annoying problem I have been experiencing since late Friday.....almost every time I go to load a page I get an error about not being able to connect to the internet. I stop the load and click the restart and the page loads immediately.

Next, have most loaded the leak or the hybrid? Not sure I understand the difference.

Lastly, what is BBSAK? And I have DM 6 on my laptop....is this just as good as DM 5?

Thanks to all of you for your help! Your patience is so appreciated! :-)

I've never had the page loading problem you are so I can't really address it.

I beta tested the hybrid and didn't even try the stand alone 443. The hybrid will include files from other OSs that are thought to help make the phone run better, where as the stand alone 443 will only have the 443 files.

BBSAK is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife . It is a program used to backup apps, add and delete CODs (OS files), take screenshots of your BB, and a few other things. You can find it here BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Last edited by middbrew; 02-20-11 at 03:49 PM.
    02-20-11 03:43 PM
    Thats why QL is such a treat. I never mess with icons anymore and don't have a care as to where they land after an install. QL just plain rocks as to what it can do. Just learned last nite right here on this thread I can put universal search on a QL key. That slipped by me. Didn't know it was an option. What can't this berry do with QL at the helm?

HA! HA! At least my cat buries her icons.
    Jim call me crazy, and Dr.Prince I prob need meds, but after an install, I need my icons in a certain place, folder, order. Otherwise my OCD gets the best of me
    WooHooo!!! I did it!!!

Congrats Hamster! You loaded your first leak! OH! I did too! LOL
    Thanks Hamster! I went to brunch with the gfs. We had a nice time and great breakfast/lunch/dinner!!!!

Almost finished loading here too. Time to re-register (by hand) all my apps and get some themes set up!!
    glad you had a nice time with the gfs!

I'm done loading and batt pulls etc. I have to say, this OS is QUICK MAN! But, I did have an issue after the install. After my 3rd batt pull, my icons went wonky. I have DT6 set, and the first row of icons come up with the click of the bb button. The 1st 2 icons display on the home screen one on the left, other on the right. Those are for my BW and BattEx. Now, I had those 2 set, but my home screen was showing icons 4 & 5 as being set! I was like WTF I keep re-setting and they still did not sit right. Also, when I clicked the bb button to show my first row of 8 or 9 icons, it was showing doubles of my BattEx and my BW wasnt showing even though I know it was there. ANY WHO, I did a 4th batt pull and so far it seems resolved. I'll keep an eye on it.

OH! And out of the install, what bit of sh*t I did shrink out of the os, I went from 250ish on 431, to 274 on 443, now if I go by BB Meter, I'm at 267ish. SO that was a good increase I still have to delete docs/sheets to go as well, so I'll pick up a bit more there too!

So far, it seems to be running smoothly. I post more about it later when I mess around with it more.
    02-20-11 03:57 PM
    P.s. jaydee, my apps did load back on without a hitch, as far as I know. I still have to finish setting up while trying to enjoy lunch at the same time!

It is strange that yours don't all go back.
    02-20-11 03:59 PM
    I've never had the page loading problem you are so I can't really address it.

I beta tested the hybrid and didn't even try the stand alone 443. The hybrid will include files from other OSs that are thought to help make the phone run better, where as the stand alone 443 will only have the 443 files.

BBSAK is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife . It is a program used to backup apps, add and delete CODs (OS files), take screenshots of your BB, and a few other things. You can find it here BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Thanks middbrew! Your information is a great help think I will start with getting bbsak on my laptop and take it from there.

I know I have seen the link to the hybrid somewhere, but does anyone have it offhand along with the direct link?

Thanks again

02-20-11 04:05 PM
23,186 ... 454455456457458 ...