So a few jumping to either 443 or a hybrid of today?
    I'm not having much luck with it myself. There is a known problem of not being able to paste in your keycodes. That's not much of an issue, except for Zonasnap. I refuse to type in a keycode that long.
    What is a killer, and will cause me to dump this OS if I can't fix it, is I can't click on any link on either SocialScope or Twitter for BlackBerry. I've tried reinstalling the apps but no help so far.
    I'm with you on that one Sky! I actually keep a notepad with my codes written down, and what a mutha that one was to write down I think I was shell shocked by the time I got done writing!! LOL

Ok, 443 is installed on my comp and I've deleted my Vendor.xml file.

Should I wipe with BbSak before loading the OS or can I do without?
    02-20-11 12:44 PM
    Oh, ok then. Let me go look for it. Anything else I need to delete?
    Nothing vital. If you're up to it, you can try shrinking some stuff out, like backgrounds, languages, videos and music, apps, etc. BTW, JayDee is the Queen of Shrink(age). If not, you can experiment with shrinking another time. Just delete VENDOR.XML and run LOADER.EXE.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-20-11 12:47 PM
    [
    Oh, ok then. Let me go look for it. Anything else I need to delete?
    No, not unless you want to take out the docs/sheets to go files if you know what cod's your looking for. and the games, BUT if your NOT sure then don't delete anything else. After the OS is loaded you can always go into the applications menu and delete that stuff and just reboot your bb afterwards.

Hamster, make sure you do a DM back up and BbSak 3rd party back up as well before loading!
    02-20-11 12:48 PM
    I'm with you on that one Sky! I actually keep a notepad with my codes written down, and what a mutha that one was to write down I think I was shell shocked by the time I got done writing!! LOL

Ok, 443 is installed on my comp and I've deleted my Vendor.xml file.

Should I wipe with BbSak before loading the OS or can I do without?
    Don't bother with wiping the phone. APPLOADER does it for you.
    02-20-11 12:48 PM
    Don't bother with wiping the phone. APPLOADER does it for you.
    Thanks, its what i thought, being loading thru DM does the same. TY!
    02-20-11 12:50 PM
    Thanks, its what i thought, being loading thru DM does the same. TY!
    FWIW, I would suggest that you tell APPLOADER not to restore your data or apps. You can reload your apps from your BBSAK backup or by downloading again,and you can do a selective restore in DM after the OS is loaded. With the selective restore, you can restore just your SOUNDS profile data, and your PIM data, letting the phone create new databases for everything else. That is the best way o make sure you have no traces of the old data that can make the new OS run poorly.
    02-20-11 12:55 PM
    Ok I deleted service books, uninstalled and reinstalled SS and T4BB. That has seemed to fix my clicking issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 01:07 PM
    Are we sure that the leak has a vendor file included? I always shrink mine so I don't ever go looking for it.
    Yes it has a vendor file.

02-20-11 01:09 PM
    FWIW, I would suggest that you tell APPLOADER not to restore your data or apps. You can reload your apps from your BBSAK backup or by downloading again,and you can do a selective restore in DM after the OS is loaded. With the selective restore, you can restore just your SOUNDS profile data, and your PIM data, letting the phone create new databases for everything else. That is the best way o make sure you have no traces of the old data that can make the new OS run poorly.
    I would have no prob doing that, but when I was switch wiz my daughter new bb, I choose to do a selective restore with DM6, and for some reason I couldn't get it to work. I wound up just doing a full restore for her, but I suppose I could try it for mine and worse case scenario, I just choose a full restore at that point if i cant fig it out. DM6 seems so much diff than DM5.

Ok, all you OS installing junkies i'm off to get my fix installing 443 as well. I'll see ya'll on the flip side of things!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 01:14 PM.
    02-20-11 01:11 PM
    Thank- you do much for your help!

I'm already to go! Backup'ed in DM, and apps in BBSAK. I'll have to actually do the install later - have to run out right now. But for sure will keep you guys posted.

underway - i see my apps, but what should I look for in terms of data - ie to uncheck in apploader? And if I decide to just install as is...will it really be a problem for my phone? TIA!
    02-20-11 01:15 PM
    Ok I deleted service books, uninstalled and reinstalled SS and T4BB. That has seemed to fix my clicking issue.

Deleting service books would not have occurred to me for this problem. What sent you there?
    02-20-11 01:16 PM
    Just my $.02 if I may, I have always used app loader for all my installs and find the wiping process as well as the restore to be totally trouble free as far as putting back what ever I tell it to. I do think it gives it a complete wipe and alot of the hybrid builders agree, so having it reinstall all my apps has always worked well for me. This along with the shrinker application and having done it this way with no issue makes me feel pretty confident for a achieving a good install with no issues. Not saying it can't happen, maybe I've been lucky. Going back and forth between 5 and 6 different os's of each so many times I get dizzy thinking about it, but never having any issue makes me want to recommend the app loader process completely for the saving , restoring and the whole ball of wax. I had to use to DM one time I had checked BBM for deletion on the shrinker by mistake. It is a smooth enough process to do via DM, just that app loader can do it all and well in one fell swoop. A full DM backup is always a good idea just to have for "in case".
    Anyway, like I said my .02 is all, and folks should read up, listen up then do what they feel the most comfortable with.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-20-11 at 01:20 PM.
    02-20-11 01:18 PM
    Thank- you do much for your help!

I'm already to go! Backup'ed in DM, and apps in BBSAK. I'll have to actually do the install later - have to run out right now. But for sure will keep you guys posted.

underway - i see my apps, but what should I look for in terms of data - ie to uncheck in apploader? And if I decide to just install as is...will it really be a problem for my phone? TIA!
    You don't uncheck data. Later in the process (one or two NEXT buttons further), you have the option to restore apps, email and such.

It won't hurt anything if you leave it all as is, it just make the load a little cleaner.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-20-11 01:19 PM
    also, would it be ok to uncheck the east asian, korean & japanese font & supports? I dont believe Ill ever use them.
    02-20-11 01:19 PM
    also, would it be ok to uncheck the east asian, korean & japanese font & supports? I dont believe Ill ever use them.
    Yes

When you use the shrink app you can uncheck all with one click.... just sayin', but down the road ya gotta try it sometime.
    02-20-11 01:24 PM
    Yes

When you use the shrink app you can uncheck all with one click.... just sayin', but down the road ya gotta try it sometime.
    TY! can ya tell I've never did a load this way before? LOL

Well, I'm hooked up and loading as we speak

TYVM to Underway, Jim, Midd, Prince and whoever else had a word of advice to add for help Its very much appreciated!

Gun and tonics for everyone on me!
    Speaking of gun & tonics, where is thy Queen today?

at some point in time, I will do the shrinking thing
    02-20-11 01:27 PM
    i forget who mentioned it but they were not able to click on any links in ss or the official twitter app. I had this issue at first as well but a battery pull fixed my issues and now i can click on links no prob. Pink good luck, i think youll be pretty happy with this build!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-20-11 01:32 PM
    i forget who mentioned it but they were not able to click on any links in ss or the official twitter app. I had this issue at first as well but a battery pull fixed my issues and now i can click on links no prob. Pink good luck, i think youll be pretty happy with this build!
    thanks RR! I hope so-I'm excited to mess around with it when the upgrade is done!

who knew changing os's could be soooo much fun!
    02-20-11 01:34 PM
    TY! can ya tell I've never did a load this way before? LOL

Well, I'm hooked up and loading as we speak

TYVM to Underway, Jim, Midd, Prince and whoever else had a word of advice to add for help Its very much appreciated!

Speaking of gun & tonics, where is thy Queen today?

at some point in time, I will do the shrinking thing
    +1 on eveythink she said. You guys have been super patient and Helpful!
    Another round of drinks on me, wharever tickles your fancy
    02-20-11 01:35 PM
    w00t! booting back up already!
    02-20-11 01:41 PM
    Don't watch out ya might get addicted They don't call em crackberry's for nothin'.

w00t! booting back up already!
    Can't wait to hear your impressions!
    02-20-11 01:46 PM
    Don't watch out ya might get addicted They don't call em crackberry's for nothin'.
    oh I know Jim!

To think, when I first stepped in here and posting with you guys, you couldn't even budge me from OS5, nevermind installing an OS6 leak!!!! come to think of it, back when I had my first bb, to me installing a leak was a no-no, I was always afraid of the un-nessary occurring, so to speak - now I'm all for it! Plus with you guys/gals encouragment sure helped to
    02-20-11 01:50 PM
    Another round of drinks on me, wharever tickles your fancy

Cool! It's time to party!
    02-20-11 01:50 PM
    Yes. Along with CityID, video, etc.
    02-20-11 01:51 PM

Addiction? I've had four different OS's on mine in the past week!

Next up P1nk and Hampster, is geting you two to load a hybrid OS.
    02-20-11 01:54 PM
23,186 ... 453454455456457 ...