I do remember them saying that actually, now that you mention it. Yes, it's a pain. I might just get rid of bbmeter so then I won't know at all
    I say let's move on and not worry about it anymore and just enjoy. I'm fed up with monitoring and just want to use my phone the way I want.

BTW...This QL thing is neato!!! Why did anyone not tell me about it??? lol!
    Yes! Let's move on, I think we've beaten this subject worse than a dead horse LOL
    Oh btw, Hamster, have you gotten QL app yet? Its really great to have!
    Well sounds like Jim the newly crowned GENIUS!!!! (Congrats Jim!!!) and RR have had great luck with 443. If RR's memory leak could slow to that level...did he say about 7MB? then I am all for trying it. So Sunday night, I shall!!!!

I am going to put BattEx back on right now and enjoying "playing with my phone" as Pink so aptly put it! I too miss being able to customize the thing the way I want. I tell you, no one was happier than me when Al3azim's first theme for 6 came out and I could put it on my phone. D-a-m-n! Was I happy!!!!

Anyway, I'm off to cruise late night tv and see if I can find any of the magic memory leak stuff Underway says they're selling....

Oh and from now on, I got another Genius to consult! Jim- celebrate!!

Pretty soon Ramblers...we's gonna be too hot for anyone to handle!
    agreed, us ladies shall enjoy our phones leak or no leaks, and as Underway said, there's meds for that!
    I'm also considering loading 443 also. If it'll decrease mem loss but runs as stable as 431, I'd be willing to try it out.
    Man, oh man, its on fire in here with all of us smarty pants now!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-20-11 09:08 AM
    I am soooo right there with ya Hamster! It sounds great, but considering my upgrade to .431 was my first upgrade ever on BB AND I DID IT OTA (not knowing any better and with no real recent backup) I think I got pretty darned lucky!!! Wiping the brow here as I just read a post jaydee made on the official .431 thread about how most of you NEVER upgrade OTA (and here I thought I was Miss Smarty Panty doing that while I slept....efficient Tammy, not)!!

As far as the memory leaks.....I think I'm doing pretty darned good here (I don't have a clue in HE-double hockey sticks how to track that btw)!!! Wink wink!!

On a positive note, I did post my first screenshot today so I'm proud. Tomorrow I might figure out how to put a picture and signature on my profile!! Woot woot!!

It's so comforting to be in the company of such smarties!

TJ, as JimiMack said, go at your own pace to learn what you want. If any of us know the answer, we will be more than happy to help out.

Kudos on the screen shot too!

Jaydee, truer words have never been spoken. I swear if it weren't for you guys here, I'd be lost. A big shout out to the smarty, geeky ramblers!

And as far as upgrading the OS...Do you think I should try it? Is it the same process as just using apploader you told me about? With the last one I used DM, and this one won't be on there.

I have BatteryEx back on my phone!! I'm setting both skins on that and BW to default out of curiosity...but I'm sure I'll be playing again very soon
    Can't not. What's a memory leak here and there anyway? I want to have fun!
    Hamster, I'm considering the 443 install which I've never installed a leak, so this should be interesting LOL I do know from what some have posted here to delete the 6.1 files as they don't do much but burn more battery quicker. Now, if i knew exactly what files to delete, I'd prob be in business!

first, I need to find an active dl link for 443.
    02-20-11 09:27 AM
    Could one of you guys/gals point me in the right direction here on which link I should click to dwld 443.

I found a mirror link Lyrical posted and don't know which one to choose?
    see post #12 for mirror link
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 09:40 AM.
    02-20-11 09:37 AM

Try this P1nk.
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-20-11 09:37 AM
    TJ, as JimiMack said, go at your own pace to learn what you want. If any of us know the answer, we will be more than happy to help out.

Kudos on the screen shot too!

Hamster, I'm considering the 443 install which I've never installed a leak, so this should be interesting LOL I do know from what some have posted here to delete the 6.1 files as they don't do much but burn more battery quicker. Now, if i knew exactly what files to delete, I'd prob be in business!

Me too! However this deleting 6.1 and what not scares me! I wonder if it's plain to see what files to delete and what to keep? Like there would be a list of things to check or uncheck - the simpler the better for me I haven't reached genius status nor master for that matter

When you find the link, let me know. And I'll let you do it first, lol!
    02-20-11 09:40 AM
    Pink, Just download and install the straight 443 be sure to delete the vendor file first. The 6.1 files are part of the hybrid.

02-20-11 09:41 AM
    thanks midd, now do i choose the rapid share and "download file?" (the 2nd link)
    02-20-11 09:41 AM
    Pink, Just download and install the straight 443 and delete the vendor file. The 6.1 files are part of the hybrid.

Where do I find this? We're going to need Dr prince show again.....I'm going batty
    02-20-11 09:43 AM
    thanks midd, now do i choose the rapid share and "download file?" (the 2nd link)
    Sorry about that. Yes choose the rapid share it will take you here and click free one. RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland
    02-20-11 09:46 AM
    Mornin' all, Pink, there's links for the 443 all over the place. I'd just jump on Shane's hybrid since it is so solid and smooth. It gives an option to install 6.1 or not if you don't want 6.1(just skip it as it seems to bring nothing to the party) you just bypass that step which would be the second install over the other files. Just skip the 6.1 install.
    Go on over to hybrids forum and look for SCrids latest. It is listed then D/L a fresh copy of 443 which he will give you a link to when you open his installer. So if you download his hybrid installer(bottom of first post) then ya got the link. Follow the directions and shrink a bit when the big boss shrinker pops up and run app loader at the last and your all done. It's a step by step process and he really walks you thru it really well. It's really hard to "F" it up.

A side note question: What are you all seeing on your mem monitors on Batt ex? Mine was 91.6mb last nite at bedtime then dropped to 91.3 in the am. Then did my morning reboot and found 93.6%. I've not seen it higher than this. Is this normal, good or otherwise and how does it compare to yours? If it's in percent then it has to be based off of 100%, so does that mean I'm only using 9% of my RAM ay most for programs/apps running etc? Just wondering how I compare to the rest of you.
    02-20-11 09:47 AM
    ok, i can't dwld right now, I'm getting the server ip address error msg and I have to wait "as this should clear up" according to the msg.
    02-20-11 09:48 AM
    Sorry about that. Yes choose the rapid share it will take you here and click free one. RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland
    I tried this site yesterday and found "file removed" error. Is it back up. If it's not just go to the hybrid section for a link.
    02-20-11 09:48 AM
    Here's a link I just made that might be easier. http://db.tt/w6tiyUB
    02-20-11 09:49 AM
    TY, i did find the free link one, but i'm getting the error ip address msg. so i'll keep trying through out the day. It says the error should clear up.
    02-20-11 09:50 AM
    Good morning. Here I am once again on the precipice of another OS upgrade for no other reason but to see what happens. If I don't decide to wait for a bit longer, Il be doing the 443(450-466) hybrid.
    I think Dr. Prince needs to increase my medication..
    Skyboxer, I'm running out of meds with this group.... Including myself!!!!

02-20-11 09:51 AM
    I tried this site yesterday and found "file removed" error. Is it back up. If it's not just go to the hybrid section for a link.
    TY Jim, but this one keeps giving me a dwld error.
    Here's a link I just made that might be easier. http://db.tt/w6tiyUB
    Midd, this one is dlwding in process! TY
    02-20-11 09:54 AM
    Mornin' all, Pink, there's links for the 443 all over the place. I'd just jump on Shane's hybrid since it is so solid and smooth. It gives an option to install 6.1 or not if you don't want 6.1(just skip it as it seems to bring nothing to the party) you just bypass that step which would be the second install over the other files. Just skip the 6.1 install.
    Go on over to hybrids forum and look for SCrids latest. It is listed then D/L a fresh copy of 443 which he will give you a link to when you open his installer. So if you download his hybrid installer(bottom of first post) then ya got the link. Follow the directions and shrink a bit when the big boss shrinker pops up and run app loader at the last and your all done. It's a step by step process and he really walks you thru it really well. It's really hard to "F" it up.

A side note question: What are you all seeing on your mem monitors on Batt ex? Mine was 91.6mb last nite at bedtime then dropped to 91.3 in the am. Then did my morning reboot and found 93.6%. I've not seen it higher than this. Is this normal, good or otherwise and how does it compare to yours? If it's in percent then it has to be based off of 100%, so does that mean I'm only using 9% of my RAM ay most for programs/apps running etc? Just wondering how I compare to the rest of you.
    Jim, mine is at 90.1%...Your numbers seem to be quite normal. It will fluctuate throughout the day, but once you click the memex icon, it frees memory and brings it back up.
    What I find strange is that this number is very different from what BBMeter shows...so I don't really know which is the correct guage.
    02-20-11 09:58 AM
    TY Jim, but this one keeps giving me a dwld error.

Midd, this one is dlwding in process! TY
    OMG! you really going to do it? Tell me how it went and then I will try it myself!
    02-20-11 09:59 AM
    Jim as far as shrinking etc., right now I'm not too worried about doing as I've never done it before. So honestly I'd rather just install straight 443 and if it works out I can reload it and shrink another time.

sorry Jim, I was so pre-occupied in trying to get the 443 link to work, I didn't mean to overlook your post.

Right now mine is showing 89% free with 298/355 avail. I think you sound fine with your readings.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 10:07 AM.
    02-20-11 10:01 AM
    Remember to delete the vender.xml file and you should be golden. Easy as pie.
    02-20-11 10:03 AM
    Jim, mine is at 90.1%...Your numbers seem to be quite normal. It will fluctuate throughout the day, but once you click the memex icon, it frees memory and brings it back up.
    What I find strange is that this number is very different from what BBMeter shows...so I don't really know which is the correct guage.
    this always baffled me too, so thats why I just kinda gauge an estimate, but I mostly go by what BB Meter reading is.
    OMG! you really going to do it? Tell me how it went and then I will try it myself!
    I'm dwliding the file to my desktop on my laptop right now. Prob when I get a chance later I will run the file and start the install.

I've never done a load up this way, so I'll be posting up later if I get caught on anything-hopefully one of you smartie pants will be around to guide me
    02-20-11 10:04 AM
    This i definately do know. hopefully I don't screw up and delete the wrong thing!LOL

Could I load without wiping?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 10:07 AM.
    02-20-11 10:05 AM
    Thanks Keith. You load up 443 yet?
    Yes I loaded it up last night. I've got an issue with BerryPopup not working. I think I'll wipe and re-install.

02-20-11 10:09 AM
    Midd....will this be listed and easy to see?

Also, when I download the file, will it go straight to apploader? When I downloaded .431 I believe it went straight there, though I never used it because I went through DM. Will I have to delete this version first?

Sorry for the q's. never done this before. Am I making any sense at all?
    02-20-11 10:10 AM
    this always baffled me too, so thats why I just kinda gauge an estimate, but I mostly go by what BB Meter reading is.

Yes, and then even the options>device> files free is diff. oy vey

I'm dwliding the file to my desktop on my laptop right now. Prob when I get a chance later I will run the file and start the install.

I've never done a load up this way, so I'll be posting up later if I get caught on anything-hopefully one of you smartie pants will be around to guide me
    I'll dwl it now too, and do it later as well then - when I have some peace and quiet. Right now there is that annoying cartoon channel going on and I can't think straight.....Dr prince........meds please!!!
    02-20-11 10:13 AM
23,186 ... 451452453454455 ...