I deleted Meterberry which I was running for battery level and had to reboot. Experiment lasted 7 hours...loss 28.6MB

I think I can safely add BattEx back and not worry about leaks! Haha. everything I install leaks...the total sum package leaks!!!!

Go Jim ....a new CB genius is about to be crowned!!!!!
    02-19-11 04:29 PM
    You realize that you could have made that another post and already been there, right?
    Lol! Tru dat!

Update on my experiment: -.2 on about 5 hrs! This is awesome considering I would have been down by at least 7-10 by now
    I had also set BW to default icon...hmmm. So could BattEx be my issue??
    02-19-11 04:31 PM
    I deleted Meterberry which I was running for battery level and had to reboot. Experiment lasted 7 hours...loss 28.6MB

I think I can safely add BattEx back and not worry about leaks! Haha. everything I install leaks...the total sum package leaks!!!!

You know, they've got drugs for that. I've seen the ads for them on the evening news.
    02-19-11 04:33 PM

LMAO! I know it's not funny that you have memory leaks - but what you said is hilarious
    So...if Battery Ex is not your problem, what the heck is???
    And I have had no leaks since deleting battex...weird.. Or is it using defaul icon on BW? Hmmm
    02-19-11 04:37 PM
    Lol! Tru dat!

Update on my experiment: -.2 on about 5 hrs! This is awesome considering I would have been down by at least 7-10 by now
    I think that we are going to once again verify what most of us already knew. That is, that each and every one of our phones are different despite the identical labels and specs. JayDee dumped her BatteryEx and still lost memory. You dumped it and lost almost no memory, and Jim lost 3MB in an hour.

As for me, my memory loss is at 0.8MB in six hours, and the only difference is that I am using the default theme. I've likely isolated my loss to custom themes, but I do not know which one yet. That may wait for another day. I'll still use them, I just want to know which one or ones are leaking. Perhaps it will turn out to be a bug in the ThemeBuilder.
    02-19-11 04:38 PM
    You realize that you could have made that another post and already been there, right?
    Of course now that I'm a genius I'm not that dumb.
    Regarding the copy and paste I tried inputing an app code in the same fashion and the menu to select paste does not come up at all when in the registration part of the app. It might just be the app or it might be a universal issue with all apps to not allow the bb menu button to open for options. Pretty small potatoes if you ask me tho. Thats a pretty nitpicky complaint. I was able to copy, just not paste in that spot. Probably work elsewhere. Certainly wouldn't let that stop me from upgrading.

Ta Da!!
    02-19-11 04:40 PM
    Regarding the copy and paste I tried inputing an app code in the same fashion and the menu to select paste does not come up at all when in the registration part of the app. It might just be the app or it might be a universal issue with all apps to not allow the bb menu button to open for options. Pretty small potatoes if you ask me tho. Thats a pretty nitpicky complaint. I was able to copy, just not paste in that spot. Probably work elsewhere. Certainly wouldn't let that stop me from upgrading.

Ta Da!!
    Oh, it won't.

Congrats, BTW. I feel smarter now just chatting with you. Smart by association, right?
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 04:44 PM

Ta Da!!
    Congrats, Genius!!!
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 04:52 PM
    i couldn't copy and paste to berryweather but i couldn't. just tried a copy and paste again and it seems to be working fine. other than that so far it's running good. no memory leaks, etc. not sure about battery life. my son dropped my phone back in the charger so when i went back to check the battery it was at 100%. lol.
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 04:53 PM
    Oh, it won't.

Congrats, BTW. I feel smarter now just chatting with you. Smart by association, right?
    Careful, the sky's the limit!
    I may need a bigger hat.
    Thanks for the thanks everybody. A round of thanks on me as the man of the hour, or minute rather. you to bad habit.

Battery ex update: Holding steady, so me thinks possibly the initial loss of mb was just the app getting adjusted. time will tell.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-19-11 at 05:02 PM.
    02-19-11 04:58 PM
    And I'm 6 hours in and have lost 27.6MB
    Actually typical. It will level out around 30, 45 or so....
    so I'm saying themes and BattEX are NOT the culprits!

Of course I have about 20 apps running and maybe 6 or 7 themes installed.
    I dont think they are the culprit either. I've had BW set to default, changed my wp today 3+ times, changed BattEx 3+ times as well, to match the wp of course, change my theme back to DT6, and overall I'm at 20hr 3min with a loss of 13.6, which is definately LESS than i would've had if I was switching BW sets also.
    Yes, thats where it is. My email is working again also, so I"m coming back to life here. I'll watch my RAM on that little (icon)meter and post back some results after it's had time to do something. What if I started to leak now? I mean since I've never leaked memory ever. Shhhhhhh!!
    Ok, glad you've found it and your back on track again.

btw, Jim, congrats on Genius Status!!

I think MB was alot of your leak as well.
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 05:04 PM
    Lol! Tru dat!

wooooow! your really doing well there with the mem thing. I'm jealous

Having BW to default set is also saving you mem as well. I'm down 13.6 right now. I haven't delete BattEx to see if it made a diff on my device. Perhaps I will have to give this a shot and see.
    LMAO! I know it's not funny that you have memory leaks - but what you said is hilarious
    So...if Battery Ex is not your problem, what the heck is???
    And I have had no leaks since deleting battex...weird.. Or is it using defaul icon on BW? Hmmm
    I think alot of your mem leak almost non exsist now is because your not using BW sets.
    I think that we are going to once again verify what most of us already knew. That is, that each and every one of our phones are different despite the identical labels and specs. JayDee dumped her BatteryEx and still lost memory. You dumped it and lost almost no memory, and Jim lost 3MB in an hour.

As for me, my memory loss is at 0.8MB in six hours, and the only difference is that I am using the default theme. I've likely isolated my loss to custom themes, but I do not know which one yet. That may wait for another day. I'll still use them, I just want to know which one or ones are leaking. Perhaps it will turn out to be a bug in the ThemeBuilder.
    Underway, I agree with you. Everyones device is reacting differently to whats on it etc.
    02-19-11 05:11 PM

I think you are right. I am going to reinstall BatteryEx tomorrow and see what happens while leaving BW on default icon...And I didn't change wp's or themes today...I'll start that up again tomorrow as well
    I do miss playing with my Bold and as long as the leaks don't affect my device, then I'm going to do what keeps me happy!!
    02-19-11 05:20 PM
    wooooow! your really doing well there with the mem thing. I'm jealous

Having BW to default set is also saving you mem as well. I'm down 13.6 right now. I haven't delete BattEx to see if it made a diff on my device. Perhaps I will have to give this a shot and see.

I think alot of your mem leak almost non exsist now is because your not using BW sets.

Underway, I agree with you. Everyones device is reacting differently to whats on it etc.
    P1nk : I'm going to put it back on tomorrow and leave BW at default. We'll see what happens I miss playing
    02-19-11 05:21 PM
    I think you are right. I am going to reinstall BatteryEx tomorrow and see what happens while leaving BW on default icon...And I didn't change wp's or themes today...I'll start that up again tomorrow as well
    I do miss playing with my Bold and as long as the leaks don't affect my device, then I'm going to do what keeps me happy!!
    I agree, I like having all the little 'extras' making my baby look pretty as well, and as long as my stress level can tolerate it, then he!!, I'll do what makes me happy also! And when it gets to me, I'll back down a bit and set default for BW sets, etc. so I won't stress for a bit but then of course, go back to pimpin the bb again after a short break!
    P1nk : I'm going to put it back on tomorrow and leave BW at default. We'll see what happens I miss playing
    righto! I'm curious when you put BattEx back on if it will start affecting your mem again.

It really is something else, how most of us are running the same OS vers, but have diff issues as far as what makes our devices leak mem or not. Strange.
    02-19-11 05:29 PM
    well im 7 hours into running .443 and i must say this is the best build so far. its go thte speed of .466 without the bugs. I cannot copy and paste activation codes like everyone else, but anything else i can. I dont know why but other than activation codes copy and paste works just fine. I dont have any of the sms bugs that were in .466 and it comes with the new sms options. I have been using the browser constantly and so far have not run into the very annoying wifi bug so that seems to be fixed as well. And for all you leak crazies i have been monitoring my memory, and in 7 hours i have only lost 1.5 mbs using custom themes, battery skins, weather skins, etc... normally i would be down to about 10-15mb now so memory management seems to be slightly improved as well.
    Its been a busy day on cb today. I upgraded my os, downloaded the leaked twitter (which is very nice btw), downloaded the leaked bbm 6.0, and saw some first images of my future phone. Damn does that bold touch look absolutely amazing, i cant wait to get my hands on that.
    02-19-11 06:24 PM
    I agree, I like having all the little 'extras' making my baby look pretty as well, and as long as my stress level can tolerate it, then he!!, I'll do what makes me happy also! And when it gets to me, I'll back down a bit and set default for BW sets, etc. so I won't stress for a bit but then of course, go back to pimpin the bb again after a short break!

righto! I'm curious when you put BattEx back on if it will start affecting your mem again.

It really is something else, how most of us are running the same OS vers, but have diff issues as far as what makes our devices leak mem or not. Strange.
    Well....I tried something...Changed my BW icon just to see, and I dropped 7.5 within 30 min...This after being at 0 - -.2 practically all day on default icon.
    Still no Battery Ex, so I think it is safe to say that BW is a huge culprit here!
    02-19-11 06:55 PM
    well im 7 hours into running .443 and i must say this is the best build so far. its go thte speed of .466 without the bugs. I cannot copy and paste activation codes like everyone else, but anything else i can. I dont know why but other than activation codes copy and paste works just fine. I dont have any of the sms bugs that were in .466 and it comes with the new sms options. I have been using the browser constantly and so far have not run into the very annoying wifi bug so that seems to be fixed as well. And for all you leak crazies i have been monitoring my memory, and in 7 hours i have only lost 1.5 mbs using custom themes, battery skins, weather skins, etc... normally i would be down to about 10-15mb now so memory management seems to be slightly improved as well.
    Its been a busy day on cb today. I upgraded my os, downloaded the leaked twitter (which is very nice btw), downloaded the leaked bbm 6.0, and saw some first images of my future phone. Damn does that bold touch look absolutely amazing, i cant wait to get my hands on that.
    If I wasn't so chicken s*** I would try the new leak myself..but alas I'm afraid I would mess something up
    Down 1.5mb is awesome and still while changing stuff around

As for the Bold Touch, I saw it too and it looks sweet! I just got this Bold so I might have to wait awhile as I don't think I can afford to buy it out right
    02-19-11 06:59 PM

leaked twitter and BBM 6? where did you download those at? I downloaded Socialscope today if thats what your referring to for twitter?
    02-19-11 07:16 PM
    leaked twitter and BBM 6? where did you download those at? I downloaded Socialscope today if thats what your referring to for twitter?
    no ive been using socialscope for about a year now. Someone got a hold of a 6.1 build for a device and that had a bunch of updated apps on it. They were kind enough to pull out those cods and make some OTA for all of us to enjoy.
    There is a new leaked version of the official blackberry twitter app as well as the facebook app. there was also a leak for the new bbm 6.0. But please not there has been some issues with people needing keycodes. I have not had any issues with the new twitter but i did need a keycode for bbm.
    here is the link, and make sure you read everything because there is some pretty specific things you need to do to get these to install right.
    BBM/FB/Twitter Leaks [from 6.1.0.13] (OS6 Only) - Downloads - BBH-Plus Forums
    Lethal_556 likes this.
    02-19-11 07:32 PM
    well im 7 hours into running .443 and i must say this is the best build so far. its go thte speed of .443 without the bugs. I cannot copy and paste activation codes like everyone else, but anything else i can. I dont know why but other than activation codes copy and paste works just fine. I dont have any of the sms bugs that were in .466 and it comes with the new sms options. I have been using the browser constantly and so far have not run into the very annoying wifi bug so that seems to be fixed as well. And for all you leak crazies i have been monitoring my memory, and in 7 hours i have only lost 1.5 mbs using custom themes, battery skins, weather skins, etc... normally i would be down to about 10-15mb now so memory management seems to be slightly improved as well.
    thanks for this RR, 1.5MB isn't bad at all for 7.5hrs I'm still monitoring mine running just BatEx, BW default icons and now I'm at 22hr 35min down 18.8MB, which actually is better than what I'd normally be after just 7hrs putting on BW custom sets.

So 443 is lookin pretty stable then, I want to hear a few more on their take on it & I may think of loading it as well just to try it out. It is odd that the C/P function doesn't work with activating apps tho, that could be a PITA!

EDIT: I realized I put 466 when I mean 443!! Oops

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-20-11 at 08:30 AM.
    02-19-11 07:40 PM
    no ive been using socialscope for about a year now. Someone got a hold of a 6.1 build for a device and that had a bunch of updated apps on it. They were kind enough to pull out those cods and make some OTA for all of us to enjoy.
    There is a new leaked version of the official blackberry twitter app as well as the facebook app. there was also a leak for the new bbm 6.0. But please not there has been some issues with people needing keycodes. I have not had any issues with the new twitter but i did need a keycode for bbm.
    here is the link, and make sure you read everything because there is some pretty specific things you need to do to get these to install right.
    Thanks rryoung, I checked it out and notice it says use betazone keycodes if it requires a code. do you know anything about that?

and is this an OTA I can do from my phone or do I need to DL on my PC and add to phone usign BBSAK or DM?
    Last edited by Lethal_556; 02-19-11 at 07:52 PM.
    02-19-11 07:48 PM
    I wasn't invited to be part of the Beta for the new BBM, so I don't have a keycode for that one. Do I just use my generic BetaZone login password?
    02-19-11 07:49 PM
    Well....I tried something...Changed my BW icon just to see, and I dropped 7.5 within 30 min...This after being at 0 - -.2 practically all day on default icon.
    Still no Battery Ex, so I think it is safe to say that BW is a huge culprit here!
    yes I agree with you, jaydee has said this before also, and actually quite a few of the Ramblers have said this, that the custom bw sets cause leaks, some more than others. It really does just p*ss me off though that you can't use your phone to its full potential like you want to w/out a damn leak!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 07:53 PM
    Thanks rryoung, I checked it out and notice it says use betazone keycodes if it requires a code. do you know anything about that?

and is this an OTA I can do from my phone or do I need to DL on my PC and add to phone usign BBSAK or DM?
    These are OTA so no need to use a pc or BBSAK. As far as the keycodes if you dont have them your kinda sol. I didnt need a keycode for the twitter app, but i did for bbm and unless you were invited to be a part of the bbm beta testing in blackberry beta zone there is no way to get a keycode.
    For the twitter app you have to have the latest official twitter app installed and be logged into it. Then you just install the ota for the twitter and it should work fine without a keycode (at least it worked fine for me that way).
    I would give the twitter app a try because it adds some nice features and UI improvements, as far as bbm 6.0 goes i would just skip that version if i were you. You cant really use any of the new features unless others have 6.0 and noone has it yet so its kind of useless.
    02-19-11 07:58 PM
23,186 ... 449450451452453 ...