I just found the mirror for .443 and downloaded it. I normally use the apploader to upgrade but am wondering if I should use BBSAK and why? I'm just curiouse as to why I keep reading people preferring to use BBSAK as appose to apploader? I'm not familiar with the workings of BBSAK as I just downloaded it the other day mainly to backup 3rd party apps. Any suggestions/advice please shoot it to me! thanks
    If you are used to apploader, then stick to it. Less chance for mistakes. It makes no difference which you use, BBSAK is a personal preference for some. I like it to backup my apps individually so I can add and remove them when I like in seconds flat without going online to download them again. I have also used BBSAK to wipe my device and install. I think its whatever you want to use. It makes no difference to the device. Same results.
    BBSAK has a button that says LOAD OS and opens apploader for you. In the other instance, you open apploader manually. Not much different.
    Lethal_556 likes this.
    02-19-11 01:49 PM
    A round of THANKS given out! Thanks yall
    02-19-11 01:52 PM
    lethal just use app loader. BBSAK is mostly used to backup apps and stuff like that, for os installs apploader is the best.
    For OS installs, BBSAK takes you to the same apploader. It's exactly the same thing. It just looks different. But if he is more comfortable with apploader, I suggested he keep using it as well.
    02-19-11 01:55 PM
    Jim, No BBM glitches in this one? I rely on BBM a lot so I want it working perfectly!
    I don't recall what those glitches were. I also don't remember having any before, but I'm not a real big BBM user as most peeps I hang with have other devices. We email alot. But if I can check something let me know.

OK for FWIW, I deleted BatteryEx and have done a reboot and will start measuring also.
    Although I did go 11 hours without BattEx and still had a 22.5MB loss...I'm thinking it's not that.
    I was thinking of trying this app. Does it give you an icon I could put on the homescreen to show % or level? Since I've never had any mem loss maybe I could act as a baseline for some battex experiment. Is there a trial, anybody know? I need a better battery meter than what I have now.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-19-11 at 02:11 PM.
    02-19-11 02:08 PM
    I don't recall what those glitches were. I also don't remember having any before, but I'm not a real big BBM user as most peeps I hang with have other devices. We email alot. But if I can check something let me know.

I was thinking of trying this app. Does it give you an icon I could put on the homescreen to show % or level? Since I've never had any mem loss maybe I could act as a baseline for some battex experiment. Is there a trial, anybody know? I need a better battery meter than what I have now.
    Jim, yes it does. And there is a free version as well!
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 02:15 PM
    Jim, the vers. us gals have is the paid one. $1.99 v.2.0.110125 BattEx50. there is the free vers in the Mobi shop v1.9 also.

here is the link to all that are avail.
    BATT EX APP
    cbreze likes this.
    02-19-11 02:24 PM
    Got it. How do you do the memory monitoring thing. I see it but it's just giving me the choice to do RAM or FLASH. I chose RAM which was the default anyway, but how do I see the RAM amount? I got the paid version.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-19-11 at 02:43 PM.
    02-19-11 02:38 PM
    Got it. How do you do the memory monitoring thing. I see it but it's just giving me the choice to do RAM or FLASH. I chose RAM which was the default anyway, but how do I see the RAM amount? I got the paid version.
    jim, right below your ram or flash choice, is the notification icon to enable or disable, and it will show a small icon up top of your battery or close to it. other than that, the mem ex icon stays on your homescreen with the other icons. I keep mine avail within my first row so when i pull up my apps1 on Al's theme its the 3rd one in.

when you see the mem dropping on it, you can click the icon and it will "free memory" you'll see the little clock go till its done and the number will then increase.
    02-19-11 02:48 PM
    If you are used to apploader, then stick to it. Less chance for mistakes. It makes no difference which you use, BBSAK is a personal preference for some. I like it to backup my apps individually so I can add and remove them when I like in seconds flat without going online to download them again. I have also used BBSAK to wipe my device and install. I think its whatever you want to use. It makes no difference to the device. Same results.
    BBSAK has a button that says LOAD OS and opens apploader for you. In the other instance, you open apploader manually. Not much different.
    +1, I prefer apploader but I've used BBSAK to wipe and install too. I normally just use BBSAK to back up 3rd party apps. Using apploader is easier.
    02-19-11 02:48 PM
    Like P1nk said.

Another way to monitor the memory it through BB Meter. Do you have that?
    02-19-11 02:56 PM
    jim here's the link for BB meter in case you want it. Its free.

[BB Meter App OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 02:59 PM
    jim here's the link for BB meter in case you want it. Its free.

[BB Meter App OTA

Thanks, maybe check it out later, but got a problem. My email has quit coming thru. Since I installed the bat ex I've not gotten the last batch of about 6 emails. BP'd of course and wondering what to do, but this is definitly tied to the install. Not seeing that RAM check/monitor thing either. Gonna uninstall and try another reinstall.
    02-19-11 03:10 PM
    Thanks, maybe check it out later, but got a problem. My email has quit coming thru. Since I installed the bat ex I've not gotten the last batch of about 6 emails. BP'd of course and wondering what to do, but this is definitly tied to the install. Not seeing that RAM check/monitor thing either. Gonna uninstall and try another reinstall.
    I've deleted mine for the moment, but I think the option for notification and type (level, % etc) was under display screen/option..
    Try there.
    02-19-11 03:14 PM
    I've deleted mine for the moment, but I think the option for notification and type (level, % etc) was under display screen/option..
    Try there.
    ya know, for the life of me, i've drawn blank atm on how i got the mem ex icon on my homescreen. I went thru the display screen.options & didnt see anything for it. I'm loosing my mind.

Jim, check your dowld folder to see if the mem ex icon is in there.
    02-19-11 03:23 PM
    I'm five hours in for my themeless memory test. I have lost 0.8MB with my normal usage - a few photos, some browsing (mostly CB forums), BBM, email, and some music.

Along with the default apps, I am running:
    DataBackup from S4BB
    BWeather
    BBuzz
    QL
    MailMinder
    ShowMeTheImages
    Fixmo Tools (all however many applets)
    What's Running
    VZW DataMeter Service
    02-19-11 03:25 PM
    And I'm 6 hours in and have lost 27.6MB
    Actually typical. It will level out around 30, 45 or so....
    so I'm saying themes and BattEX are NOT the culprits!

Of course I have about 20 apps running and maybe 6 or 7 themes installed.
    02-19-11 03:47 PM
    ya know, for the life of me, i've drawn blank atm on how i got the mem ex icon on my homescreen. I went thru the display screen.options & didnt see anything for it. I'm loosing my mind.

Jim, check your dowld folder to see if the mem ex icon is in there.
    Yes, thats where it is. My email is working again also, so I"m coming back to life here. I'll watch my RAM on that little (icon)meter and post back some results after it's had time to do something. What if I started to leak now? I mean since I've never leaked memory ever. Shhhhhhh!!
    02-19-11 03:50 PM
    Yes, thats where it is. My email is working again also, so I"m coming back to life here. I'll watch my RAM on that little (icon)meter and post back some results after it's had time to do something. What if I started to leak now? I mean since I've never leaked memory ever. Shhhhhhh!!
    Does the 443 flavor that you're running have the browser/WiFi connection bug?

I've also seen something about a bug with copy and paste. Have you seen it?
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-19-11 at 04:00 PM.
    02-19-11 03:54 PM
    I enabled wifi early this morning and have not seen the issue raise it's ugly head yet. I'm planning on leaving wifi on 24/7 now as a test anyway. Always had it off before, because of the issue mainly , but also because it seems slow. Hoping for a better all around experience with wifi now.
    02-19-11 04:01 PM

What is the browser/wifi connection bug exactly? I just upgraded to 443 from 431 and didn't recall having any wifi browser issue atleast that I noticed when I was running 431

02-19-11 04:05 PM

RE copy+paste. How does it manifest itself? Hadn't heard that. I could try it for you, need info.
    02-19-11 04:06 PM
    What is the browser/wifi connection bug exactly? I just upgraded to 443 from 431 and didn't recall having any wifi browser issue atleast that I noticed when I was running 431

There is an issue with the OS6 browsers (at least the ones before 466) where the browser is unable to connect when on WiFi. It is only intermittant, and the typical workaround is to just click again. Some have taken to securing WiFi because of it. Not everyone complains about it, and it's really kind of minor, but it's an annoyance nonetheless.
    02-19-11 04:10 PM
    RE copy+paste. How does it manifest itself? Hadn't heard that. I could try it for you, need info.
    As I understand it, at least one user has reported that after loading 443, he cannot copy and paste his app registration codes. He has to manually type them in.
    02-19-11 04:11 PM
    Update regarding my batt ex experience. I'm down 3mb in my RAM. This is over 3x what I would normally drop in 24hrs. I've had it up and working about an hour. Hmmmmm.

EDIT: one more post and I'll be suddenly smarter. WOOT!!
    02-19-11 04:22 PM
    Update regarding my batt ex experience. I'm down 3mb in my RAM. This is over 3x what I would normally drop in 24hrs. I've had it up and working about an hour. Hmmmmm.

EDIT: one more post and I'll be suddenly smarter. WOOT!!
    You realize that you could have made that another post and already been there, right?

I don't recall having a memory problem with BatteryEx. I used the free version. The paid release might be different.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-19-11 at 04:29 PM.
    02-19-11 04:26 PM
23,186 ... 448449450451452 ...