All this memory loss, this calls for another Dr. Prince Show.
    02-19-11 11:44 AM
    All this memory loss, this calls for another Dr. Prince Show.
    Funny, but cruising the hybrid threads and leaked threads and many people just say "I don't know if it fixes the memory leak but..." and they go on. Many more people have memory leaks than we know because most don't post about them. They just pass them over as h0-hum business.

I find that interesting and then I don't feel so bad about my device!
    Now if I could just talk to Paul on the phone without the chirping-I'd be all set!!!!!
    02-19-11 11:53 AM
    Starting here also...keep us posted...
    Sorry you have to use that fugly stock theme
    OK for FWIW, I deleted BatteryEx and have done a reboot and will start measuring also.

Although I did go 11 hours without BattEx and still had a 22.5MB loss...I'm thinking it's not that.
    Ladies, I'm willing to jump in with you and delete BattEx as well.

As you saw in my post earlier, I did revert back to the default BW icons and my leak improved GREATLY even though I was still using BattEx. As of now, I'm up to a 5.8 loss since I last posted, still using skins with BattEx.

Now, I know someone will flame me for this (prob Pc LOL-get your 3 stooges falm palm ready!) but, if I delete BattEx, the skins will still stay on my sd card? Am I correct in believing this?

I just wouldn't want to go thru loading up 161 skins all over again
    02-19-11 12:07 PM
    yea, all this talk about memory leak, and frankly for me i could care less. I have a memory leak but mine levels out at around 30mb, do i worry about it? not at all. Even though its leaking memory for me it does not affect the performance of my device. I do a battery pull once a week to keep things running smoothly and i used to obsess over memory leaks, but with 512mb of memory i have plenty to spare. I dont care that i leak memory and like i said it does not affect my devices performance so i use custom themes, battery icons, and weather sets because i like to customize my device. It probably is a combo of all these things plus the apps i have on my device, but im not gonna delete a single one because i use them and im not gonna ruin my bb experience to save 30mb when losing that memory has no affect on my device.
    My advice to you all would be to just enjoy your bb the way you want to. Dont hinder customization and constantly monitor your leaks because at the end of the day, there is still plenty of memory.
    02-19-11 12:09 PM
    So far I am loving this new leak. I have not run into any problems so far. Texting and bbm is good. Browser is a little faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 12:13 PM
    yea, all this talk about memory leak, and frankly for me i could care less. I have a memory leak but mine levels out at around 30mb, do i worry about it? not at all. Even though its leaking memory for me it does not affect the performance of my device. I do a battery pull once a week to keep things running smoothly and i used to obsess over memory leaks, but with 512mb of memory i have plenty to spare. I dont care that i leak memory and like i said it does not affect my devices performance so i use custom themes, battery icons, and weather sets because i like to customize my device. It probably is a combo of all these things plus the apps i have on my device, but im not gonna delete a single one because i use them and im not gonna ruin my bb experience to save 30mb when losing that memory has no affect on my device.
    My advice to you all would be to just enjoy your bb the way you want to. Dont hinder customization and constantly monitor your leaks because at the end of the day, there is still plenty of memory.
    RR, you mentioned that your mem levels out at about 30MB, is that per day, or is that over all for the week. Us gals are seeing a 25+MB loss per DAY, and I have about 240 in my device, once I drop that 25+ I'm starting to dive down to around 210/215ish, and with that, I do see a bit of a lag starting to show on my device.

I agree with you as far as dressing up and running what you want on your bb, but at the same time, I would think it's "not healthy" idk, am I wrong there also?

Btw, did you install 443?
    02-19-11 12:21 PM
    Ladies, I'm willing to jump in with you and delete BattEx as well.

As you saw in my post earlier, I did revert back to the default BW icons and my leak improved GREATLY even though I was still using BattEx. As of now, I'm up to a 5.8 loss since I last posted, still using skins with BattEx.

Now, I know someone will flame me for this (prob Pc LOL-get your 3 stooges falm palm ready!) but, if I delete BattEx, the skins will still stay on my sd card? Am I correct in believing this?

I just wouldn't want to go thru loading up 161 skins all over again
    I've deleted mine and still monitoring.
    I was wondering the same thing - so don't worry we can get flamed together
    02-19-11 12:21 PM
    I agree that enjoying my bb is worth the mem leak, and I'm not too worried about it...I think the rest of us are just trying to figure out the source and help each other out and eliminate the cause....once we figure it out I think most of us will add back all that we have deleted and just deal with it And enjoy our BB's!
    02-19-11 12:25 PM
    It's good advice RR but frankly at the end of the day, the memory loss I am experiencing does affect my experience with my phone. I must reboot once or twice a DAY because my camera locks up as I lose memory. Also, I start to see the hourglass. I have continued to run everything I want and add custom skins and apps, themes, etc, even now added SocialScope. But just so you have the information, the memory loss sometimes DOES affect my phone, even tho we have so much. And for someone who never had a problem on OS5 for it to be so severe on OS6 (running the same stuff I did on OS5) its kinda an ANGER thing. Like why can't RIM create an OS that doesn't leak? That's what I find myself saying sometimes.
    02-19-11 12:25 PM
    lucky for you, I have an extra flame-retardant suit that you can borrow!
    02-19-11 12:26 PM
    No no girlz.
    Don't worry. All your shiznit on your card stays and you simply reinstall the app and bingo-bango...you're in business again!!!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-19-11 12:26 PM
    It's good advice RR but frankly at the end of the day, the memory loss I am experiencing does affect my experience with my phone. I must reboot once or twice a DAY because my camera locks up as I lose memory. Also, I start to see the hourglass. I have continued to run everything I want and add custom skins and apps, themes, etc, even now added SocialScope. But just so you have the information, the memory loss sometimes DOES affect my phone, even tho we have so much. And for someone who never had a problem on OS5 for it to be so severe on OS6 (running the same stuff I did on OS5) its kinda an ANGER thing. Like why can't RIM create an OS that doesn't leak? That's what I find myself saying sometimes.
    I'm seeing the same effects as you jaydee with such a large mem loss. When I was on OS5, I didn't have this issue, now on 6, I do, and yes it is angering.
    02-19-11 12:28 PM
    No no girlz.
    Don't worry. All your shiznit on your card stays and you simply reinstall the app and bingo-bango...you're in business again!!!
    TY, thats what I thought.

LMAO@"shiznit"
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-19-11 at 01:20 PM.
    02-19-11 12:29 PM
    TY, thats what I thought.
    put that flame suit away - we can always use it another time, I'm sure. At least I'll need it again, lol!
    02-19-11 12:38 PM
    put that flame suit away - we can always use it another time, I'm sure. At least I'll need it again, lol!
    ok, no prob! LOL

btw, does anyone else's TY "button" keep disappearing??? idk wtf is going on there! I know I didn't use 10 today, if any its about 4.
    02-19-11 12:46 PM
    ok, no prob! LOL

btw, does anyone else's TY "button" keep disappearing??? idk wtf is going on there! I know I didn't use 10 today, if any its about 4.
    No....still there! Hmmm.
    02-19-11 12:59 PM
    RR, you mentioned that your mem levels out at about 30MB, is that per day, or is that over all for the week. Us gals are seeing a 25+MB loss per DAY, and I have about 240 in my device, once I drop that 25+ I'm starting to dive down to around 210/215ish, and with that, I do see a bit of a lag starting to show on my device.

I agree with you as far as dressing up and running what you want on your bb, but at the same time, I would think it's "not healthy" idk, am I wrong there also?

Btw, did you install 443?
    Pink, after a reboot or battery pull i loose about 30mb within the first day. But from there it levels out and stays at around 30mb for the whole week. I change my weather icons themes and the like 3 times a day as well so i guess i am just lucky.
    As far as .443 yea i just installed it and it is rebooting now. Ill let you know in a few hours how its running, but so far the comments have been pretty positive. The sms bug is fixed, and its got the new sms layout which is better. But so far it seems like .466 in the fact that its smoother and faster, but it does not have any of the bugs that were found in .466.
    02-19-11 01:03 PM
    Pink, after a reboot or battery pull i loose about 30mb within the first day. But from there it levels out and stays at around 30mb for the whole week. I change my weather icons themes and the like 3 times a day as well so i guess i am just lucky.
    As far as .443 yea i just installed it and it is rebooting now. Ill let you know in a few hours how its running, but so far the comments have been pretty positive. The sms bug is fixed, and its got the new sms layout which is better. But so far it seems like .466 in the fact that its smoother and faster, but it does not have any of the bugs that were found in .466.

Would you please be as kind as to post the link you use for your .443 DL as I am having a hard time finding. would be greatly appreciated rryoung!
    02-19-11 01:07 PM
    OK, I'm trying to help someone upgrade his OS on his 9650. He's on US Cellular. Should that matter? I mean, as long as he deletes vendor.xml shouldn't everything else go the same for an upgrade?

I'm lost here. He has tried the directions a dozen times and the software says no blackberry device software...he insists it is installed and vendor removed. Any ideas?
    02-19-11 01:32 PM
    thanks for clarifying RR. I haven't had the guts to leave it leaking for a week straight I'd be afraid to see what would happen! LOL

I'm interested as to how 443 will respond to the mem leak, if it'll be the same, better or worse. If you get a chance, please share your opinion TY.
    02-19-11 01:32 PM
    OK, I'm trying to help someone upgrade his OS on his 9650. He's on US Cellular. Should that matter? I mean, as long as he deletes vendor.xml shouldn't everything else go the same for an upgrade?

I'm lost here. He has tried the directions a dozen times and the software says no blackberry device software...he insists it is installed and vendor removed. Any ideas?
    I would think it should go the same, but then again, I'm not as experienced as some of you guys are.

Are you having him load thru BbSak?

also, when he loaded the os to his comp, did he unzip the file and actually install it to the comp? I know, prob a silly question, but without realizing it may have happened.
    02-19-11 01:35 PM
    I just found the mirror for .443 and downloaded it. I normally use the apploader to upgrade but am wondering if I should use BBSAK and why? I'm just curiouse as to why I keep reading people preferring to use BBSAK as appose to apploader? I'm not familiar with the workings of BBSAK as I just downloaded it the other day mainly to backup 3rd party apps. Any suggestions/advice please shoot it to me! thanks
    02-19-11 01:40 PM
    lethal just use app loader. BBSAK is mostly used to backup apps and stuff like that, for os installs apploader is the best.
    Lethal_556 likes this.
    02-19-11 01:46 PM

Now I know you're not asking this of me!!! Ha ha Lol!
    I just found the mirror for .443 and downloaded it. I normally use the apploader to upgrade but am wondering if I should use BBSAK and why? I'm just curiouse as to why I keep reading people preferring to use BBSAK as appose to apploader? I'm not familiar with the workings of BBSAK as I just downloaded it the other day mainly to backup 3rd party apps. Any suggestions/advice please shoot it to me! thanks
    Lethal, honestly, its all in preferrence on what you'd like to use. Some find app loader easier, DM easier or BbSak. I actually used DM to load .431, but for a leak, I'd use BbSak because you can back up your 3rd party apps and then if you want wipe(you dont have to wipe) and load away.

I honestly tried playing around going thru the steps with my device plugged it to use app loader and for me, it was kinda confusing.
    Lethal_556 likes this.
23,186 ... 447448449450451 ...