Has any of yall got your feet wet on the new leak ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We've been waiting for you to dive in and get wet first then tell us the water's fine.
    02-18-11 09:06 PM
    Pink, That's what I do right now. I know you asked before about batt pulling several times a day. To tell you the truth, I WOULD do that except I lose control of my Media folder for about an hour after a batt pull. That is, I must have so many pics on my card (over 5000) that it takes that long to index and I am not able to flip through them smoothly looking for a pic or wallie for almost an hour after a BP. That's why I only do it in the am and change the wallpaper the night before.

I think I need to off-load some of my pics. Really.
    Ya Think!
    02-18-11 09:08 PM
    I'm running Al3azim's themes, been doing so since before he released them. Had a bit of a leak when I first installed Newberry, another bat pull fixed the problem. As you will note in a post above after over 4 days I'm -1.9MB. The two things that are different for me from most of you is that I don't use skins and special icons and I am not using battery ex although I have it on my phone. I disable it after every reboot, will probably ditch it soon. I got it when there was a lot of talk that MB was causing all of the mem leaks but since I didn't ever have a problem I have continued to use MB.

Does Battery Ex give you a mem loss indication or are you getting that information from the system log data? I may activate bat ex just to see if it introduces a mem leak on my device.
    I'm using MB again. I've been monitoring as part of evaluating the hybrids that I've been trying out. I don't use skins or special icons or such.

On another note, early reports on the 443 leak are good. SMS bug is supposedly fixed, and it has the multipart SMS from 466.
    02-18-11 09:10 PM
    I'm using MB again. I've been monitoring as part of evaluating the hybrids that I've been trying out. I don't use skins or special icons or such.

On another note, early reports on the 443 leak are good. SMS bug is supposedly fixed, and it has the multipart SMS from 466.
    Someone help me out here, I slipped out for a few days and all of a suddent there are tons of new versions of BB6 and Hybrids. Can someone summerize what is out there? I've got the itch to udate again; although, the radio file in .431 is arguably the best I have had since I came to BB. I'm running 3 to 4 bars at my house, they are steady, ulike previous where they were all over the chart but seldom more than 3 bars. If I try another release and don't get as good a radio I may try droppping the SFI on top of whatever I'm running and see if that makes a dif.
    02-18-11 09:15 PM
    Someone help me out here, I slipped out for a few days and all of a suddent there are tons of new versions of BB6 and Hybrids. Can someone summerize what is out there? I've got the itch to udate again; although, the radio file in .431 is arguably the best I have had since I came to BB. I'm running 3 to 4 bars at my house, they are steady, ulike previous where they were all over the chart but seldom more than 3 bars. If I try another release and don't get as good a radio I may try droppping the SFI on top of whatever I'm running and see if that makes a dif.
    I'm running Shane's 6.1/431/448/450 and have been for awhile, since he made it I think. Best os yet for me. My browser's been giving me crashes, but it was before so the hybrid's not it. Anyway I can recommend that one. The 443 leak is just out and there's a D/L link RR put up a coupla pages back I think. Not sure I'm in a hurry to leave this sweet thang I got goin' right now, but maybe.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-18-11 at 09:29 PM.
    02-18-11 09:24 PM
    heads up to all the ramblers. .443 may have just leaked for our bolds. There has been some talk that alltel released this earlier, but im not sure. The person i got this from said hes not sure if its legit or not so i dont know if its a true leak or not, but here is the link.
    RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland

*EDIT* turns out it is a legit leak and there is quite a difference from .466 so should run differently than that awful leak.
    Just checked and this link is no good anymore. Whoops! Maybe another will pop up someplace. Thats why it's always good to jump on links as soon as you see them I guess.
    02-18-11 09:32 PM
    I'm running Shane's 6.1/431/448/450 and have been for awhile, since he made it I think. Best os yet for me. My browser's been giving me crashes, but it was before so the hybrid's not it. Anyway I can recommend that one. The 443 leak is just out and there's a D/L link RR put up a coupla pages back I think. Not sure I'm in a hurry to leave this sweet thang I got goin' right now, but maybe.
    I'm running Shane's Hybrid same as you, just got itchy fingers....
    02-18-11 09:49 PM
    Shane's got another new one, this one based on 443.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/6-...nstall-587187/

I may try this one, but skip the 6.1 files.
    02-18-11 11:06 PM
    Sorry Bob. I missed this one.

New this past 10 days or so -- 466(376) leaked middle of last week. There is some good stuff in there. The browser is quick, the browser WiFi bug is fixed, and the SMS app has been rewritten to allow multipart SMS messages. Anything over 160 characters gets broken off to another part of the message, then all are sent in order. Just like the Treo did. The phone won't change to MMS mode at character 161. The phone app now will let you call from your contact list. There are, however, some pretty bad bugs in this one. You have to wipe ALL of your old SMS and MMS messages before you load the new OS, or the SMS app will lock up. When you reboot, all of your text messages will duplicate. Every time. Oh, and the SMS/MMS home screen icon will disappear too. Your cursor will disappear on your SMS app as well, along with the cursor on BBM. I'm pretty sure that all the Ramblers that have tried 466 have dumped it.

436(315) was officially released by Alltel a few days ago. It has the 315 radio that came in 398 and 431. It just made it out yesterday, but early reports are pretty good. Solid radio, quick browser, no SMS bug, and your SMS/BBM/Memo cursor works. Shane posted a hybrid with this base last night. I've read good things about it.

443(315) hit the street this afternoon. It also has that stable 315 radio. Again, early reports have it running pretty well. I've read that this one has the SMS bugs fixed, and has the new multipart SMS app. No word about the browser yet. Shane posted a 443-based hybrid an hour ago. For both hybrids (the 436 and 443) he used the 315 radio and added a little 450, and a lot of 466.

I'm probably going to try the 443 next, but I don't know yet if I'll load a hybrid or try it straight. Either way, I'm waiting for some feedback. I'm still cleaning up from trying to make a few of my own hybrids this week.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-18-11 at 11:34 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-18-11 11:26 PM
    I just jumped in and installed Shane's latest with the 443 base, couldn't wait for the early reviews. Loading it now. See whats what soon, probably let it settle overnite before doing much. Just want to make sure it has all it's fingers and toes.
    02-18-11 11:36 PM
    You're a brave man. I wanted to make the jump, but I've been up awfully late every night this week, making changes and then spending hours unf***ing my phone. I'm sure that my wife has had enough.

I forgot -- did you load straight 466? I'd be interested to hear your impressions and comparison to Shane's 443 hybrid.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-18-11 at 11:45 PM.
    02-18-11 11:42 PM
    First impression, after one BP. It's seemingly very smooth and a very cool 314mb free memory. I had 298mb at the best with the old hybrid. Gotta take a look around it a bit and make sure it's all there.

I forgot -- did you load straight 466? I'd be interested to hear your impressions and comparison to Shane's 443 hybrid.
    This is Shane's 443 hybrid. I installed a plain fresh 443 for a base then the hybrid over that(450/466) I decided to leave out the 6.1 after reading his opinion of it. I had the 6.1 files in the previous hybrid which seemed fine but not really sure what they did if anything. Since some think the 6.1 files are bad for battery I'll be able to see if my battery is any better this time then. So far no issues I can find, early tho and my bed is lookin' pretty good so g'nite.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-19-11 at 12:05 AM.
    02-18-11 11:46 PM
    Hey Ramblers,

If you've been waiting for a SocialScope invite, wait no more. They're handing them out almost as fast as you sign up. I was on the waiting list since last fall, and found a post in the APPS forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/soc...nvites-587139/. I signed up again and got my invite immediately.
    02-19-11 12:55 AM
    Morning, all!

Before I go ahead and start our experiment I have a very newbie question - sorry for asking: If I delete my paid app (battery ex) can I reinstall and not have to pay for it again? As long as I have the keycode and have it backed up on BBSAK, I should be ok?
    TIA!
    02-19-11 07:08 AM
    Morning, all!

Before I go ahead and start our experiment I have a very newbie question - sorry for asking: If I delete my paid app (battery ex) can I reinstall and not have to pay for it again? As long as I have the keycode and have it backed up on BBSAK, I should be ok?
    TIA!
    You should be able to download it from the mobihand.com , thats where all your BB apps should be with the saved codes and everything. If you don't have a password you might need to set it up. Then just get yourself a link for your favorites and BAM! Done Deal.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-19-11 07:19 AM
    You should be able to download it from the mobihand.com , thats where all your BB apps should be with the saved codes and everything. If you don't have a password you might need to set it up. Then just get yourself a link for your favorites and BAM! Done Deal.
    Cool thanks Jim - Password for mobihand right? I do have that - so yippee!..Thanks for steering this newb (not noob) in the right direction
    02-19-11 07:26 AM
    G'morning all and a happy Saturday to everyone,
    Well my new hybrid 443/450/466 is really really smooth as silk this morning. I have no complaints in that regard. I'm not sure whats diff except this is supposed to fix the sms bug I hear. Well, I'm not a texter so that makes little diff to me , but I did re-enable my wifi and so far that bug has not reared it's ugly head. Glad I did the upgrade. I hope the smoothness of this os may get a little smoother even as the weekend progresses. As upgrades go and it's still early yet I give it an "A" so far. Shane has done it again. Gotta run, have a good one!
    02-19-11 07:26 AM
    Well my new hybrid 443/450/466 is really really smooth as silk this morning. I have no complaints in that regard. I'm not sure whats diff except this is supposed to fix the sms bug I hear. Well, I'm not a texter so that makes little diff to me , but I did re-enable my wifi and so far that bug has not reared it's ugly head. Glad I did the upgrade. I hope the smoothness of this os may get a little smoother even as the weekend progresses. As upgrades go and it's still early yet I give it an "A" so far. Shane has done it again. Gotta run, have a good one!
    Jim, No BBM glitches in this one? I rely on BBM a lot so I want it working perfectly!

Thanks for the update. I may install over the next few days!
    02-19-11 07:30 AM
    Cool thanks Jim - Password for mobihand right? I do have that - so yippee!..Thanks for steering this newb (not noob) in the right direction
    And Hamster, if you need the .cods for any apps, bbm me and we will see what I have ok? (.Cod files are the way the app is saved when you use BBSAK for backup) I backup all my apps in cods so they are pretty easy to transfer and then all you need to do is put in your code. So if you don't have access to Mobihand at some point, just let me know

PS BBSAK is for Noobs!!!! so says Paul...but I love it!!!!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-19-11 07:36 AM
    And Hamster, if you need the .cods for any apps, bbm me and we will see what I have ok? (.Cod files are the way the app is saved when you use BBSAK for backup) I backup all my apps in cods so they are pretty easy to transfer and then all you need to do is put in your code. So if you don't have access to Mobihand at some point, just let me know

Thank-you Jaydee! Going to the gym right now but will do it when I get back..

This why I said I'm a newb - no noob - didn't want to get b**** slapped by Paul
    PS - I like BBSAK too
    02-19-11 07:45 AM
    well early reports seem pretty positive on .443 so like hamster im heading to the gym now but im gonna install it when i get home and see how she works.
    02-19-11 08:19 AM
    Theme = Newberry

Uptime = 4d 4h 9m

Mem = -1.9

I gotta believe that it is a HW thing and not the themes or how many skins you have; however, since I don't use the skins I suppose they could be the problem. I'd suggest that you go back to the base versions of BW & Batex without the fancy and see what happens. I currently run BW on 15 minute intervals, although I have batex I a currenlty using MB and I don't suffer from leaks. I did have one for about a day when I first installed Newberry, but a bat pull fixed that problem. FWIW...

Why delete the themes? Just activate the GI issue BB6 theme, files that are just sitting there don't cause memory leaks. It's kind of like your car, it causes no emissions when the engine is not running.
    I did do this last night after our leaky conversation

I set the default BW icons and did a batt pull. Funny thing is, when I went to set the 'base' icon that comes with BattEX(the green batt) I could not find it in my list so I just set another one that i had to go with my wp.

I check my BB Meter this morn. As of right now I'm 12h 12m and only lost 3.3MB! I was soooo happy when I checked it this morn to see such a small number.
    I'm running Al3azim's themes, been doing so since before he released them. Had a bit of a leak when I first installed Newberry, another bat pull fixed the problem. As you will note in a post above after over 4 days I'm -1.9MB. The two things that are different for me from most of you is that I don't use skins and special icons and I am not using battery ex although I have it on my phone. I disable it after every reboot, will probably ditch it soon. I got it when there was a lot of talk that MB was causing all of the mem leaks but since I didn't ever have a problem I have continued to use MB.

Does Battery Ex give you a mem loss indication or are you getting that information from the system log data? I may activate bat ex just to see if it introduces a mem leak on my device.
    I would not load MB either as I've heard the same as you, mem leaks up the wazzooo! So I use BB Meter and I also check my Options>Device>Device-Status and look at my files free there also.
    The strange thing I've always wondered, since installing BB Meter, is BB Meter will say I have 236.2 but my device file will say I have 247.7 I don't understand the amount diff or why it does that.
    Morning, all!

TIA!
    you got it!
    I see Jim has got you covered already!
    glad to hear its running smoothly for you, hopefully your browser crashing you've been experiencing will stop with this
    I must be a NOOB to then cause I use BbSak as well!!!!
    This why I said I'm a newb - no noob - didn't want to get b**** slapped by Paul
    PS - I like BBSAK too
    Ok, so us 3 ladies are Noobs!!!LOL

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-19-11 at 09:29 AM.
    02-19-11 09:18 AM
    OK. I've started the experiment on my end. No custom themes. And I don't use custom icon sets or skins, either. We'll see how it goes here.

02-19-11 10:08 AM
    OK. I've started the experiment on my end. No custom themes. And I don't use custom icon sets or skins, either. We'll see how it goes here.

Starting here also...keep us posted...
    Sorry you have to use that fugly stock theme
    02-19-11 10:29 AM

Starting here also...keep us posted...
    Sorry you have to use that fugly stock theme
    OK for FWIW, I deleted BatteryEx and have done a reboot and will start measuring also.

Although I did go 11 hours without BattEx and still had a 22.5MB loss...I'm thinking it's not that.
    02-19-11 10:47 AM
23,186 ... 446447448449450 ...