well having lived in both England and Canada, where they speak "proper, correct" English..I might have to disagree with you
    Canada??? bwahahahahaha! That's funny, eh!
    02-18-11 11:41 AM
    I thought the 398 had the best radio or scuttlebut said anyway. If I try this new hybrid out guess I'll leave out the 6.1 files as well since they seem meh and possible battery issues. I like the idea of having the good radio files no matter what as that seems to be the heart of the operations.
    JayDee you should be good on the 398/431/448/450 which is what I'm using and think it's really fine. or better yet jump on his new one and give all the ramblers a performance review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Isn't the "398" radio carried over to 431.

I may be in the market for a different radio file than the one with 431. Which hybrid would you guys suggest? I don't really want to do it but I heard chirps again last night on my phone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Time for another call to VZW? What OS would they tell me to have on there? I have straight 431. Think they'll make me reinstall something?
    Reinstall what, you have their latest and questionably greatest.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-18-11 at 11:45 AM.
    02-18-11 11:42 AM
    I may be in the market for a different radio file than the one with 431. Which hybrid would you guys suggest? I don't really want to do it but I heard chirps again last night on my phone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Time for another call to VZW? What OS would they tell me to have on there? I have straight 431. Think they'll make me reinstall something?
    I agree a hybrid isn't going to solve your problems. You will need to change the radio file as that is what is causing the chirp. As mentioned, 398, 431, and 436 use the same platform and will probably not make any difference with your chirping issue. If your are going to try something different you may need to try the 466. I ran that for a while without any issues, but be aware a lot of people did.
    02-18-11 11:50 AM
    Canada??? bwahahahahaha! That's funny, eh!
    Yes, Canada eh.... You have a problem with that, Mr Snarky pants?

Ps....you do realize RIM is a Canadian company? Hehe
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 02-18-11 at 12:05 PM.
    02-18-11 11:54 AM
    I agree a hybrid isn't going to solve your problems. You will need to change the radio file as that is what is causing the chirp. As mentioned, 398, 431, and 436 use the same platform and will probably not make any difference with your chirping issue. If your are going to try something different you may need to try the 466. I ran that for a while without any issues, but be aware a lot of people did.
    if 466 is the only different radio file to try, I may wait and put up with the chip. I don't want the problems that come with 466.

On another note, my memory leak seems to be calming down for the week. After 1 day and 10 hours, I was only down 26MB before I needed to reboot to install a custom theme. It was a bit higher than that at one point, up to -33MB but somehow the phone is functioning as it should and gave me back some memory. So the questions are:
    1. Shall I call VZW and complain about the chirp? Get a new device.
    2. Shall I call VZW and complain about memory loss and get a new device?
    3. Shall I do nothing and use the device the way it is? (Doesn't really bother me all that much right now)
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-18-11 at 01:09 PM.
    02-18-11 12:01 PM
    Yes! I concur and to that end..did you hear? Dr Prince's show has been picked up for ANOTHER season!!! Congrats!

With all the dysfunctional Ramblers, we will never run out of show topics.
    YES!!! Oprah is outta here and The Dr. Prince Show has takin' over!!

Thanks to our dysfunctional Rambler family. We seem to come up with new one's every week!
    02-18-11 01:00 PM

You're chirping again?? I thought you were past that?
    02-18-11 01:02 PM
    EDIT sorry for thwe double post- Bolt has really been giving me an issue betwn yesterday & today [/color][/font][/b]
    Bolt? Giving you an issue? Say it ain't so! Where's those face-palming 3 stooges when ya need em?
    02-18-11 01:39 PM
    Isn't the "398" radio carried over to 431.
    Yep and thanks for that clarification.
    I thought JayDee was going to call verizon anyway re the mem leak issues. Seems now JayDee if your listening you have even more reason to pitch a b!tch for a replacement. As Paul says. you already have their best effort. Unless you want to try 466 with the radio from 398 or 431 whichever same/same.
    I agree a hybrid isn't going to solve your problems. You will need to change the radio file as that is what is causing the chirp. If your are going to try something different you may need to try the 466. I ran that for a while without any issues, but be aware a lot of people did.
    Agree with this, my only real issue was the wifi conflict with 3G causing an error. I think the wifi is no better than 3G speeds anyway so for me it was a non-issue. I had no difference I could tell between the radios from 431.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-18-11 at 01:52 PM.
    02-18-11 01:44 PM
    Bolt? Giving you an issue? Say it ain't so! Where's those face-palming 3 stooges when ya need em?
    Right here:

02-18-11 01:57 PM
    Yep and thanks for that clarification.
    I thought JayDee was going to call verizon anyway re the mem leak issues. Seems now JayDee if your listening you have even more reason to pitch a b!tch for a replacement. As Paul says. you already have their best effort. Unless you want to try 466 with the radio from 398 or 431 whichever same/same.

Agree with this, my only real issue was the wifi conflict with 3G causing an error. I think the wifi is no better than 3G speeds anyway so for me it was a non-issue. I had no difference I could tell between the radios from 431.
    I think that is most of what went into Shane's new hybrid.
    02-18-11 01:59 PM
    Right here:

I love that!!!! Get rid of Bolt or this is what happens>
    02-18-11 02:02 PM
    I love that!!!! Get rid of Bolt or this is what happens>
    When you make Larry make that face, you know you've failed big time!!!!!!
    02-18-11 02:04 PM
    Right here:

Gotta love the stooges. Nuk,Nuk,Nuk.

Todays look. I really like this theme. Must be 'cause I used HTC devices for so long. The clock is slick.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-18-11 at 02:38 PM.
    02-18-11 02:24 PM
    yea cbreeze, thats a nice theme, but i just hate the grunge look so i am gonna pass, but its got some nice features.
    02-18-11 02:41 PM
    Yes, I rearranged the icons a little differently in each one. I'd like to know which arrangement looks best.

And as for you my friend, I saw your post in "thinking i'm staying with RIM".....please speak proper English...there is no U in neighbor....or color for that matter
    Speaketh thou in error, there would be a "U" in both of those words in the King's (Queen's) english. Not that I don't prefer the english of the colonies, can't understand those blokes...
    02-18-11 03:32 PM
    heads up to all the ramblers. .443 may have just leaked for our bolds. There has been some talk that alltel released this earlier, but im not sure. The person i got this from said hes not sure if its legit or not so i dont know if its a true leak or not, but here is the link.
    RapidShare AG, Cham, Switzerland

*EDIT* turns out it is a legit leak and there is quite a difference from .466 so should run differently than that awful leak.
    Last edited by rryoung; 02-18-11 at 04:11 PM.
    02-18-11 03:39 PM
    Speaketh thou in error, there would be a "U" in both of those words in the King's (Queen's) english. Not that I don't prefer the english of the colonies, can't understand those blokes...
    thank-you Bob for clarifying that See told ya, pc..
    02-18-11 04:42 PM
    I'm probably not going to load the 6.1 either. Shane says that they don't really add anything.

Recall that the 315 radio is in both 431 and 466. The new 436 also has the 315 radio. That one seems to be the most stable OS6 radio. I'm not sure if a hybrid is going to change the radio. You probably want to avoid the 376 radio that's in 466. Too many bugs seem to be tracked back to that one.

Yes, Big Red is going to want you to have their latest released OS.
    i know i haven't played around to much with swappin OS's, i can say that i agree with you as far as this radio vers goes on OS6. The one I had on 5.975 was a PITA the signal was always flickin around. It was more stable on 5.1060, but def much more so on 6.431
    if 466 is the only different radio file to try, I may wait and put up with the chip. I don't want the problems that come with 466.

On another note, my memory leak seems to be calming down for the week. After 1 day and 10 hours, I was only down 26MB before I needed to reboot to install a custom theme. It was a bit higher than that at one point, up to -33MB but somehow the phone is functioning as it should and gave me back some memory. So the questions are:
    1. Shall I call VZW and complain about the chirp? Get a new device.
    2. Shall I call VZW and complain about memory loss and get a new device?
    3. Shall I do nothing and use the device the way it is? (Doesn't really bother me all that much right now)
    Speaking of mem leaks, I've lost 25.5MB in 6hr1min. It seems mine has gotten worse. Now, I have a technical question that I don't know the answer to, and hopefully one of you here will

I have BW skins(approx 30) installed and BattEX skins(approx 160), that are stored on my sd card. NOW, I know the skins on BW will cause the mem leak while USING them. Do any of you think that even if I leave my custom BW skins on my card but use the default skin if my mem leak will slow down or cease?

The reason I'm asking this is because i don't know if jaydee has tried this, and what results you got out of it if you did, or would i just be wasting my time trying.

I have to honestly say, the mem leak is really starting to discourage me. I'm seriously considering going back to OS5 at this point, yea, its buggin me that bad

Right here:

D'OH!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-18-11 at 04:52 PM.
    02-18-11 04:44 PM
    Fellow ramblers...I finally got QL! Now do any of you have any tips on it?
    02-18-11 04:47 PM
    Speaketh thou in error, there would be a "U" in both of those words in the King's (Queen's) english.
    Those Brits! Go figure. Or that be the "ramblin'" queens english? LOL!
    02-18-11 04:52 PM

Speaking of mem leaks, I've lost 25.5MB in 6hr1min. It seems mine has gotten worse. Now, I have a technical question that I don't know the answer to, and hopefully one of you here will

I have BW skins(approx 30) installed and BattEX skins(approx 160), that are stored on my sd card. NOW, I know the skins on BW will cause the mem leak while USING them. Do any of you think that even if I leave my custom BW skins on my card but use the default skin if my mem leak will slow down or cease?

The reason I'm asking this is because i don't know if jaydee has tried this, and what results you got out of it if you did, or would i just be wasting my time trying.

I have to honestly say, the mem leak is really starting to discourage me. I'm seriously considering going back to OS5 at this point, yea, its buggin me that bad
    P1nk, i'm getting about 20mb loss a day myself - some days less, but on average it's 15 - 20. I'm not going to stress about it as everything seems to be working fine.
    There is no going back!!!!!!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-18-11 04:56 PM
    Pink, It doesn't matter how many sets you have on your card. Try and go back to the default set. It doesn't make any difference to my phone. Maybe it will to yours.

I sometimes find that when I switch to different sets, the memory leak goes down a bit. I think I told you that before. The combination of BeWeather sets and BattEx are enough to stress my phone I think. However, you might want to try deleting BattEx and going to the default BeWeather set and see if it does any good.

I haven't had much luck. I do enjoy my BeWeather icons and added fonts and BattEx skins however, so I guess I just have to endure the memory leaks.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-18-11 05:03 PM
    P1nk, i'm getting about 20mb loss a day myself - some days less, but on average it's 15 - 20. I'm not going to stress about it as everything seems to be working fine.
    I've noticed over the last week or so that my daily memoy loss seems to vary between <1 MB and around 10 MB. My memory was stable until I started adding custom themes. I've downloaded only al3azim's OS6 stuff (yes, all of them) and Foppa17. Coincidence? Possibly. I've also been loading and unloading hybrid OSs. With the hybrids, though, I've only been loading and using the stock theme.

I'm tempted to unload all my custom themes for a week or so, for evaluation. Thoughts, JayDee? P1nk? Hamster?
    02-18-11 05:10 PM
    Fellow ramblers...I finally got QL! Now do any of you have any tips on it?
    YaY! I'm very happy for you the only tip i have for you, is be prepared, you'll be adding, deleting and editing for a while till you get things just right.....and then you'll be editing, adding and deleting all over again! LOL enjoy
    I know, believe me, I DON"T want to go back. I really love the function of 6. I know you and jaydee are experiencing the same thing, while most of the guys are not. So its gotta be the combo of BattEx and BW skins etc.
    Pink, It doesn't matter how many sets you have on your card. Try and go back to the default set. It doesn't make any difference to my phone. Maybe it will to yours.
    I suppose I can give it a shot and see if I get diff results than you did, but I doubt it also.
    I sometimes find that when I switch to different sets, the memory leak goes down a bit. I think I told you that before. The combination of BeWeather sets and BattEx are enough to stress my phone I think. However, you might want to try deleting BattEx and going to the default BeWeather set and see if it does any good.
    Yes, you did tell me that before about the switching, and at times I do see the decrease in leak or in most cases a BIG increase in leak. I have to also agree with you, its a big stress on mine as well. I dont want to delete BattEx tho.
    I haven't had much luck. I do enjoy my BeWeather icons and added fonts and BattEx skins however, so I guess I just have to endure the memory leaks.
    I enjoy mine as well, and a few of the fonts i've added on too. I guess were in the same boat together rowing in tune with this, and I guess I'll have to try to get use to it as well. I'm doing 2 batt pulls a day now, which I've never had to do with any of my devices in the past, but I also understand I'm running so much more on this device than I ever did with my others. So, I suppose it is to be expected on some level.

I was just curious if there were some method to slow down the maddness.

Thank you both, jaydee and Hamster, for your input
    02-18-11 05:19 PM
23,186 ... 444445446447448 ...