Hey Buford, what part of the ROT do you live in?

Lots of deer where I am outside of Austin. I'm in a small city on Lake Travis and we have deer roaming around all the time. They have to trap and remove some of them because the population gets way to large if they don't.
    i live in north east texas. paris texas
    02-17-11 09:10 PM
    Have some very dear friends that grew up in Paris, they are my age (old) and now live in Arlington near their kids and grandkids.
    02-17-11 09:33 PM
    I'm kind of tired seeing people pipe up with the 9650 End Of Life coming up next month. The list that the info comes from leaked back in last August. The 9650 was among a few listed with an EOL of 3/31/2011, which was the last EOL date listed.
    Personally I believe that date was estimated, depending on a replacement device was released. Verizon knew the Bold Touch was coming this year sometime, so the Bold makes it onto the EOL list, with a date far into the future (at the time) so it could be adjusted as need be when accurate Bold Touch release dates become available.
    Yet some are still taking this months old screen grab as current and factual. We have about 6 weeks left. We should plan some kind of celebration, like a wake or something. Maybe an Essex Post-Life Ramblings thread. We can't all get together, but we could all get drunk together.
    02-18-11 03:07 AM
    I'm kind of tired seeing people pipe up with the 9650 End Of Life coming up next month. The list that the info comes from leaked back in last August. The 9650 was among a few listed with an EOL of 3/31/2011, which was the last EOL date listed.
    Personally I believe that date was estimated, depending on a replacement device was released. Verizon knew the Bold Touch was coming this year sometime, so the Bold makes it onto the EOL list, with a date far into the future (at the time) so it could be adjusted as need be when accurate Bold Touch release dates become available.
    Yet some are still taking this months old screen grab as current and factual. We have about 6 weeks left. We should plan some kind of celebration, like a wake or something. Maybe an Essex Post-Life Ramblings thread. We can't all get together, but we could all get drunk together.
    I say we do an Irish wake for the Bold...start drinking now and keep drinking till it actually IS pulled from the list! (and beyond!)

PS Maybe the Irish don't do that...maybe it's a RAMBLER'S wake!!!!!
    02-18-11 06:32 AM
    I say we do an Irish wake for the Bold...start drinking now and keep drinking till it actually IS pulled from the list! (and beyond!)

+1!! I have Irish friends and YES they do do that..well at least I know for sure they can certainly drink
    Let's start now...never to early for a cocktail, now is it?
    02-18-11 06:44 AM
    Does anyone here know how to post pictures saved in my photobucket account in this thread? I have about 452 screen captures I'd like to share with the group.

Ah, the City of Light!
    02-18-11 07:13 AM
    Does anyone here know how to post pictures saved in my photobucket account in this thread? I have about 452 screen captures I'd like to share with the group.

Ah, the City of Light!
    You are such a ham Need another lemon?
    02-18-11 07:42 AM
    I have about 452 screen captures I'd like to share with the group.

Are all 452 of the default theme? We don't want em.
    02-18-11 07:52 AM
    lol. yea you gotta open both eyes when u count.
    oh, well when your double-fisted with gun & tonics its damn hard to keep BOTH eyes open ya know!
    Yes, it is. It's all in the preparation. If prepared and cooed right it is really good.
    ok. i still dont think i could get it anywhere around here tho. i would've like to give it a try.
    I dont want to see the EOL for the Bold either, considering i just happened to check out VzW's site last night and now they have the Bold WITH OS6 on it for purchase!

lets wake away!!!!
    +1!! I have Irish friends and YES they do do that..well at least I know for sure they can certainly drink
    i suppose now is a good time to start! LOL

Ah, the City of Light!
    uh-huh, i see that first lemon wasn't enough for you Mr.Snarky Sour-Puss!
    indeed, i think Pc does! LOL!
    02-18-11 07:57 AM
    Are all 452 of the default theme? We don't want em.
    Yes, I rearranged the icons a little differently in each one. I'd like to know which arrangement looks best.

And as for you my friend, I saw your post in "thinking i'm staying with RIM".....please speak proper English...there is no U in neighbor....or color for that matter
    02-18-11 08:33 AM
    I believe Pink just set a new record for replying to the most quotes!! You need an appointment on the Dr. Prince Show!!
    Last edited by princebb; 02-18-11 at 09:41 AM.
    02-18-11 08:34 AM

Bartender! Gun and tonics for eveyone!!
    02-18-11 08:38 AM
    I believe Pink just set a new record for repling to the most quotes!! You need an appointment on the Dr. Prince Show!!
    hey, listen, no "post fluffin'" goin on here!!!!

Bring on the DR.PRINCE SHOW!!!!
    02-18-11 08:41 AM
    Too early? Hah! It's ALWAYS 1700 somewhere!
    02-18-11 08:52 AM
    ^True statement
    Underway, I saw you checking out Shane's new hybrid. You thinking of going for it? It looks like an interesting combo. I may try it later this afternoon. I like the 466 idea with the other , better radio files. Be good to see some feedback on it, but I'm not always the one to wait for feedback before jumping in.
    02-18-11 09:55 AM
    ^True statement
    Underway, I saw you checking out Shane's new hybrid. You thinking of going for it? It looks like an interesting combo. I may try it later this afternoon. I like the 466 idea with the other , better radio files. Be good to see some feedback on it, but I'm not always the one to wait for feedback before jumping in.
    I'm sure you'll jump in. I used to keep track of how many OS's you'd run. I wore myself out!!
    02-18-11 09:59 AM
    I'm sure you'll jump in. I used to keep track of how many OS's you'd run. I wore myself out!!
    Yes! I concur and to that end..did you hear? Dr Prince's show has been picked up for ANOTHER season!!! Congrats!

With all the dysfunctional Ramblers, we will never run out of show topics.
    02-18-11 10:08 AM
    ^True statement
    Yeah, I kind of hybridized his 431(448-450)w/6.1 hybrid (with his help). This thing was almost like some Rube Goldberg setup by the time I was done. I installed 431, then dropped the 448-450 Java that Shane sent me, and finally installed the 6.1 files that he posted for the 466 hybrid. It worked, but not well enough to keep it. I also tried the 431 radio with the 466 Java. No go. Lastly, I put the 466 browser on my 431. That didn't work either. It looks like he made it all work with the new 436 hybrid, even though it still has the 431 radio. That's three 9650 OS versions with the same radio file (398, 431, 436). RIM must realize just how stable that one is. I can't see that 376 radio going anywhere.

I downloaded the 436 hybrid last night. I've not yet decided if I'll install it. I hear that the multiple SMS bug has been fixed. It was apparently in the 376 radio. No surprise there. I'm also hoping to see feedback before I plunge.

EDIT: I also loaded the 466 radio into a 431 Java. All I got was a bricked phone.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-18-11 at 10:46 AM.
    02-18-11 10:18 AM
    And as for you my friend, I saw your post in "thinking i'm staying with RIM".....please speak proper English...there is no U in neighbor....or color for that matter
    well having lived in both England and Canada, where they speak "proper, correct" English..I might have to disagree with you

I concur. So let's start the fun

Yes! I concur and to that end..did you hear? Dr Prince's show has been picked up for ANOTHER season!!! Congrats!

With all the dysfunctional Ramblers, we will never run out of show topics.
    no never run out - now that we've started drinking all day
    02-18-11 10:26 AM
    Yeah, I kind of hybridized his 431(448-450)w/6.1 hybrid (with his help). This thing was almost like some Rube Goldberg setup by the time I was done. I installed 431, then dropped the 448-450 Java that Shane sent me, and finally installed the 6.1 files that he posted for the 466 hybrid. It worked, but not well enough to keep it. I also tried the 431 radio with the 466 Java. No go. Lastly, I put the 466 browser on my 431. That didn't work either. It looks like he made it all work with the new 436 hybrid, even though it still has the 431 radio. That's three 9650 OS versions with the same radio file (398, 431, 436). RIM must realize just how stable that one is. I can't see that 376 radio going anywhere.

I downloaded the 436 hybrid last night. I've not yet decided if I'll install it. I hear that the multiple SMS bug has been fixed. It was apparently in the 376 radio. No surprise there. I'm also hoping to see feedback before I plunge.
    I'm going to load the 436 hybrid over the 436 radio tonight. I'm not going to add the 6.1 files though, in the past they drained the battery too much for me.
    02-18-11 10:35 AM
    with all the drinkin and OS talk flyin around here, I believe now is a good time for a Dr.Prince Show! let the fun begin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 10:36 AM
    with all the dinkin and OS talk flying around here I think its a good time for the Dr.Prince Show! Let the fun begin!

EDIT sorry for thwe double post- Bolt has really been giving me an issue betwn yesterday & today

02-18-11 10:39 AM
    I'm going to load the 436 hybrid over the 436 radio tonight. I'm not going to add the 6.1 files though, in the past they drained the battery too much for me.
    I may be in the market for a different radio file than the one with 431. Which hybrid would you guys suggest? I don't really want to do it but I heard chirps again last night on my phone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Time for another call to VZW? What OS would they tell me to have on there? I have straight 431. Think they'll make me reinstall something?
    02-18-11 10:44 AM
    I'm probably not going to load the 6.1 either. Shane says that they don't really add anything.

I may be in the market for a different radio file than the one with 431. Which hybrid would you guys suggest? I don't really want to do it but I heard chirps again last night on my phone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Time for another call to VZW? What OS would they tell me to have on there? I have straight 431. Think they'll make me reinstall something?
    Recall that the 315 radio is in 431, the new 436 and the unreleased 398. That one seems to be the most stable OS6 radio. I'm not sure if a hybrid is going to change the radio. You probably want to avoid the 376 radio that's in 466. Too many bugs seem to be tracked back to that one.

Yes, Big Red is going to want you to have their latest released OS.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-18-11 at 05:01 PM. Reason: tech edit -- the 315 radio IS NOT in 466
    02-18-11 10:50 AM
    I thought the 398 had the best radio or scuttlebut said anyway. If I try this new hybrid out guess I'll leave out the 6.1 files as well since they seem meh and possible battery issues. I like the idea of having the good radio files no matter what as that seems to be the heart of the operations.
    JayDee you should be good on the 398/431/448/450 which is what I'm using and think it's really fine. or better yet jump on his new one and give all the ramblers a performance review.

02-18-11 11:10 AM
23,186 ... 443444445446447 ...