I contacted BOLT customer service regarding the font issue me and many others have with the small size factor. Their response was pretty h0 hum and I get the impression they don't think it's an issue as there are a few size choices to select. My request has been referred to their "engineering" dept for further study. If opera mini worked on the bold as well as it does on WinMo and many other devices bolt would be thrown in the garbage. I'm mostly back to the oem browser and putting up with it's quirks is preferable to eyes straining to read bolt font.
    I dumped Bolt this morning, it started hanging around 20% again when trying to load pages. I've been using the native browser more anyway.
    02-15-11 12:05 PM
    I dumped Bolt this morning, it started hanging around 20% again when trying to load pages. I've been using the native browser more anyway.
    Yup! Bolt in pretty much a Bust on the Bold! Been too slow for me.
    02-15-11 12:12 PM
    I contacted BOLT customer service regarding the font issue me and many others have with the small size factor. Their response was pretty h0 hum and I get the impression they don't think it's an issue as there are a few size choices to select. My request has been referred to their "engineering" dept for further study. If opera mini worked on the bold as well as it does on WinMo and many other devices bolt would be thrown in the garbage. I'm mostly back to the oem browser and putting up with it's quirks is preferable to eyes straining to read bolt font.
    thank you for this jim, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is frustrated with Bolt as well!
    I'm gettin the same damn thing! Its really p*ssing me off! I'm ready to dump it also!
    Yup! Bolt in pretty much a Bust on the Bold! Been too slow for me.
    slooooooooooow as molasses! Or, I doesn't go to the link I clicked, & if it does, it'll send me to the first page instead of 'last page' etc. 2.5 is no improvement & I just about at the end of my rope as well to deleting the damn thing also & deal the the oem browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 12:56 PM
    Hmmm, another day and the guys are grumpy again!
    Everyone's ditching Bolt? I use my reading glasses to read my berry so I can see the font pretty much ok. Can't take the zooming and scrolling of the native browser.

So still on Bolt.
    Hey just bought this app called TargetDate and it's cool! Allows you to set a timer for events and have the countdown on your home screen....$1.99

On that same note...did you know it's 132 days to the end of school?
    YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    02-15-11 12:58 PM
    Funny it seems to load fine for awhile after each upgrade then start hanging at 20% a bit later, so that'd be next. Everything has it's pluses and minuses I guess. My bottom line has always been to keep an open mind, try new stuff and settle on what works best for my needs. Sooooooo.....keep on keepin' on.
    02-15-11 01:05 PM
    Funny it seems to load fine for awhile after each upgrade then start hanging at 20% a bit later, so that'd be next.
    Not much has changed in quite some time for Bolt then
    02-15-11 01:08 PM
    Everyone's ditching Bolt? I use my reading glasses to read my berry so I can see the font pretty much ok. Can't take the zooming and scrolling of the native browser.

So still on Bolt.
    Hey just bought this app called TargetDate and it's cool! Allows you to set a timer for events and have the countdown on your home screen....$1.99

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Those must be some POWERFUL reading glasses!
    02-15-11 01:11 PM
    Hmmmm not sure how long it's been around, but I think I've seen 3 upgrades now and it's still hangin' at 20%, thats a fail. In opera mini(yeah, I know not everybody's a fan)at least there was no font issues for proper readable size and it was very snappy. A great browser for forums. I think I'll drop them a note to ask if any upcoming support for trackpad devices is in the works.
    02-15-11 01:21 PM
    For all you theme hogs, like me a new Al3azim theme is coming out either tonight or tomorrow.

He has it already out for OS5 but now ready for OS6 called Slide.
    Here's a screen shot:

It's funny. The theme has a sliding dock across the bottom that can be hidden. I was worried about trying it for fear of OS6 fugly tray flashbacks...but no problem!

The two OCD slots are able to be hidden as well.
    02-15-11 09:10 PM
    Well, well, I've been gone since last Wednesday and in my absnce you've gone over 11k and P!nk has gone genius. Congratulations P!nk, I think that was a land speed record on getting to genius.

So, what other mischief have you guys gotten into without me around to keep you all in check? ROFLMAO!

What is the latest leak? I seem to remember that there was a .456 or something like that out just before I dropped out of site for a few days.

PS, I'll still be around only a little for the next 2 or 3 days as I finish the books and close out the weekend.
    02-15-11 10:07 PM
    Well, well, I've been gone since last Wednesday and in my absnce you've gone over 11k and P!nk has gone genius. Congratulations P!nk, I think that was a land speed record on getting to genius.

So, what other mischief have you guys gotten into without me around to keep you all in check? ROFLMAO!

What is the latest leak? I seem to remember that there was a .456 or something like that out just before I dropped out of site for a few days.

PS, I'll still be around only a little for the next 2 or 3 days as I finish the books and close out the weekend.
    Welcome back Bob, 466 was the latest leak. Some folks tried it but I think all the Ramblers who gave it a shot are back on 431. There is still a rumored 505 leak coming.
    02-15-11 10:52 PM

Bob!!! You're back!!!
    I started missing you on Friday, ask everybody. I posted where's Bob? I'm worried! Then they reminded me you were on retreat and would return...Hope it all went well.

Well, as for mischief in the kingdom:
    Paul was threatened with being thrown into the moat surrounding the castle for being nasty to the queen (something about noobs); cbreze was on 466 and back to his hybrid and god knows what else in the meantime. You know Jim...OS R US!!!! (Paul was on 466, too!)

Pink has been posting up a storm; she keeps us all going. Hamster and I have been changing themes and BW skins faster than you can blink an eye!

Dr Prince keeps us all in line by threatening to put us on national TV for our sins and transgressions.

F2 is still on the fence about OS6; Hamster and Pink took the plunge. Just decided one day that's it...here I go and they did.

Everyone suddenly decided they hate the Bolt browser and I guess I'm the only one using it now. Everyone else has given in to using the native browser. They must have more talented thumbs than I do. I can't scroll and zoom to save my life!

Other friends have stopped by: hiker, RR, Al3azim...

Speaking of the theme maker, I am testing his newest and you saw the post above about it. It might be out already this am, I dunno. We correspond but he's west coast and I'm opposite side of the country so the time difference doesn't leave us a lot of time to figure it out past work hours.

Welcome back!! Get yourself caught up and get back into the flow.
    02-16-11 06:13 AM

So still on Bolt.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    still not soon enough to schools end! I'd like it to be now! LOL
    Funny it seems to load fine for awhile after each upgrade then start hanging at 20% a bit later, so that'd be next. Everything has it's pluses and minuses I guess. My bottom line has always been to keep an open mind, try new stuff and settle on what works best for my needs. Sooooooo.....keep on keepin' on.
    Bolt has been giving me issues more since the 2.5 upgrade, with hanging up and then telling me "error process could not be sumitted and has been terminated" for when I try to post on CB reply, then i click reply again and it goes thru go figure!
    nope!
    Hmmmm not sure how long it's been around, but I think I've seen 3 upgrades now and it's still hangin' at 20%, thats a fail. In opera mini(yeah, I know not everybody's a fan)at least there was no font issues for proper readable size and it was very snappy. A great browser for forums. I think I'll drop them a note to ask if any upcoming support for trackpad devices is in the works.
    I liked OM when i had my Curve 8330, v4.2 worked very nicely! I'd like OM for Bold if it was supported as well.
    For all you theme hogs, like me a new Al3azim theme is coming out either tonight or tomorrow.

Here's a screen shot:

It's funny. The theme has a sliding dock across the bottom that can be hidden. I was worried about trying it for fear of OS6 fugly tray flashbacks...but no problem!

I'm liking the way this one looks!

Hi Bob, welcome back, hope your retreat went well!

Thanks for the congrats! Since upgrading to OS6 I've been a busy little beaver posting and customizing my baby to no end! Hamster has been doing quite well herself

I see jaydee caught you up to speed on everyone

Btw, jaydee, I still have Bolt as of now....it's lucky its getting graced with serving my baby atm!LOL
    02-16-11 07:31 AM
    Who has the extended battery for the Bold? Bob, you do correct? What types of cases can I use with that. I just ordered myself one to use when I am going to be out for a long period of time. Also, I am planning a few trips and will need extended battery power. but I want a case or something for it. Even if it DOES have to be black and not purple!!!!!

Any ideas?
    02-16-11 07:39 AM
    YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    please don't rush this, my children take arguing and bickering to new heights over the summer

Welcome back!
    02-16-11 07:41 AM
    jaydee, did you try checking Amazon.com to see if they have any extended battery covers?
    02-16-11 07:42 AM
    jd which one did you order? I have the 1700 extended battery which dosent need a different door or case. the 2600 does and i have heard really the only case that fits is the otterbox commuter and you have to mod that a bit to get it to fit.
    02-16-11 07:43 AM
    Bob!!! You're back!!!
    I started missing you on Friday, ask everybody. I posted where's Bob? I'm worried! Then they reminded me you were on retreat and would return...Hope it all went well.

Well, as for mischief in the kingdom:
    Paul was threatened with being thrown into the moat surrounding the castle for being nasty to the queen (something about noobs); cbreze was on 466 and back to his hybrid and god knows what else in the meantime. You know Jim...OS R US!!!! (Paul was on 466, too!)

Pink has been posting up a storm; she keeps us all going. Hamster and I have been changing themes and BW skins faster than you can blink an eye!

Dr Prince keeps us all in line by threatening to put us on national TV for our sins and transgressions.

F2 is still on the fence about OS6; Hamster and Pink took the plunge. Just decided one day that's it...here I go and they did.

Everyone suddenly decided they hate the Bolt browser and I guess I'm the only one using it now. Everyone else has given in to using the native browser. They must have more talented thumbs than I do. I can't scroll and zoom to save my life!

Other friends have stopped by: hiker, RR, Al3azim...

Speaking of the theme maker, I am testing his newest and you saw the post above about it. It might be out already this am, I dunno. We correspond but he's west coast and I'm opposite side of the country so the time difference doesn't leave us a lot of time to figure it out past work hours.

Welcome back!! Get yourself caught up and get back into the flow.
    As the Rambling World Turns

Oh and John and Marsha found true love and ran off to Rio
    02-16-11 07:50 AM
    jd which one did you order? I have the 1700 extended battery which dosent need a different door or case. the 2600 does and i have heard really the only case that fits is the otterbox commuter and you have to mod that a bit to get it to fit.
    RR, I went for the 2600 and I am not going to buy an Otterbox as I think they are ugly. If need be, my Bold will go au naturel...
    02-16-11 07:51 AM
    RR, I went for the 2600 and I am not going to buy an Otterbox as I think they are ugly. If need be, my Bold will go au naturel...
    a naked baby!!! oh gosh, sheild my eyes!

I have a few errands to run today, but when i get a chance later, if i can, i'll see if i can find something for ya!
    02-16-11 07:53 AM

02-16-11 07:54 AM

Here's a screen shot:

So this yesterday - al3 posted a screen shot and I was so jealous...can't wait!

Welcome Back! We missed you - lot's has happened as you can tell by Jaydee's recap. OS 6 is actually cool

LOL! You crack me up!
    02-16-11 07:54 AM

this is freakin hysterical!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!

k folks, gotta run! busy busy day ahead of me! i'll pop in laters!
    02-16-11 07:55 AM
    RAmblers, I have a mystery to be solved. I'm going to search the QL thread later when i hope i have time, but if any of you know an answer to this i would really appreciate it

I have my Photobucket email in QL so when i send screens i just have to open QL, click on the email attach my file and send. Now, when I do this, right away i get the red clock on the email. If i leave it sit, it never sends, although if i click on it and resend it'll then go through. I deleted the email out of QL and re-added it, it worked for the first couple of emails, but then stopped again and a batt pull does not resolve it either.

Any ideas or solutions?

TIA
    02-16-11 08:48 AM
    RAmblers, I have a mystery to be solved. I'm going to search the QL thread later when i hope i have time, but if any of you know an answer to this i would really appreciate it

I have my Photobucket email in QL so when i send screens i just have to open QL, click on the email attach my file and send. Now, when I do this, right away i get the red clock on the email. If i leave it sit, it never sends, although if i click on it and resend it'll then go through. I deleted the email out of QL and re-added it, it worked for the first couple of emails, but then stopped again and a batt pull does not resolve it either.

Any ideas or solutions?

TIA
    QL NEVER sends my email to Photobucket. That's why I use Zona Snap now. I got tired of waiting for the red clock to disappear. I beta tested QL and reported this problem but it has never been solved to my satisfaction. So I don't use QL for screen capture unfortunately. With Zona Snap, it creates it's own folder, sends to Photobucket immediately and I NEVER HAVE TO WAIT!!!!
    02-16-11 09:17 AM
23,186 ... 436437438439440 ...