FYI, Ramblers... Bolt has been upgraded to 2.50. I just downloaded it.
    Is it really improved? Or just bug fixes?
    02-14-11 01:11 AM
    Is it really improved? Or just bug fixes?
    I think it might be a little faster.
    02-14-11 01:21 AM
    So far, it's locked up on three different pages at two sites. It locked on MSNBC, and on two pages at CB. Yes, I rebooted after installing. Maybe it needs to settle?
    02-14-11 01:31 AM
    So far, it's locked up on three different pages at two sites. It locked on MSNBC, and on two pages at CB. Yes, I rebooted after installing. Maybe it needs to settle?
    The MSNBC site was slower. I also went to CNN, that was faster. The CB mobile site was really quick.
    02-14-11 01:41 AM
    The MSNBC site was slower. I also went to CNN, that was faster. The CB mobile site was really quick.
    Hmm. I just rebooted again, and the browser comes up much faster than before. No page lockups yet, either. I don't see a marked improvement over the native browser, though. I've seen lots of talk here the past few months about how Bolt is the way to go. Why? How is it better than the native BB browser? It seems to be a little quicker with initial page loads, but not all that much faster, because a lot of that is dependent on the connection. Once the page graphics are cached, I don't see much difference in speed.
    02-14-11 01:56 AM
    Hmm. I just rebooted again, and the browser comes up much faster than before. No page lockups yet, either. I don't see a marked improvement over the native browser, though. I've seen lots of talk here the past few months about how Bolt is the way to go. Why? How is it better than the native BB browser? It seems to be a little quicker with initial page loads, but not all that much faster, because a lot of that is dependent on the connection. Once the page graphics are cached, I don't see much difference in speed.
    Underway, I don't have a problem with the native browser most of the time. The speed is about the same. I use Bolt mostly for CB forums.
    02-14-11 02:11 AM
    The only issue that I've really had with the OS6 native browser is that it occasionally doesn't connect when on WiFi. That is fixed in 466, but I had to drop back to 431 because, overall, 466 just didn't seem quite ready for prime time. It was just little things, but combined, it was enough.
    02-14-11 02:31 AM
    Thanks for the heads up there, Dr Prince!
    Just downloaded it.
    Now if I can solve my Fixmo Tools problem, I'd be all set.
    02-14-11 06:25 AM
    Good to know, thanks prince.
    02-14-11 06:37 AM
    Happy Vakentine's Day, Ramblers!

Thanks for the Bolt info, prince - going to download now and see if I like it any better.
    02-14-11 06:58 AM
    Well, I'm stepping back from 466 and reloading 431.

I could ignore the SMS duplication bug, since I just don't use SMS much, and I don't keep them anyway, but I couldn't live with the disappearing cursor in BBM. It's too bad, because I really liked that the browser would connect every time on WiFi without that failure to connect message.

Oh well -- bring on 505!

EDIT - It sure is nice to be back to three-minute reboots, too. Reboots with 466 brought me back to the Tour six-minute reboot days...
    I felt the same way :-( I wanted to like 466. The wifi fix was great, but the broken stuff just killed it for me.
    02-14-11 07:05 AM
    Underway, the font is larger. That's what got me to dump the native browser and use Bolt. I can actually see without the scrolling and zooming (which I hate).
    02-14-11 07:59 AM
    I think it might be a little faster.
    thanks prince, i also got the notification on Bolt this morn when i opened up the browser!
    Underway, I don't have a problem with the native browser most of the time. The speed is about the same. I use Bolt mostly for CB forums.
    thats also what i use bolt for primarily, CB forums.
    Happy Vakentine's Day, Ramblers!

Thanks for the Bolt info, prince - going to download now and see if I like it any better.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you too Hamster!
    Underway, the font is larger. That's what got me to dump the native browser and use Bolt. I can actually see without the scrolling and zooming (which I hate).
    agree 100% with you for Bolt!

G'morning all - hope everyone enjoys their Valentine's Day!
    02-14-11 08:09 AM
    got the new bolt version, checking it out. font is still uncomfortably small for my eyes. why oh why can't they make it more adjustable and eyeball friendly. even at 3X. I mean who would use the small setting? Oh well maybe someday. Is there a way to make the next letter after a period a capital? Like the BB oem? I have to remember to hit shift. Nit picky Nit picky, Just bigger font please!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 09:34 AM
    EDIT , anybody notice when you reload a forum page it takes you back to page 1?
    I'm going to apologize in advance to anybody who this may offend but the bolt font just plain sucks. It is still so small I struggle to read it with my glasses on. The oem using page wrap being so hit miss has it's own issues, but it is kinda painful to try and strain to read the bolt font. I'd rather struggle with the text wrap of the BB browser. Just my nickle.

02-14-11 09:44 AM
    Any size increase isn't enough for me to really get on the bolt bandwagon. I wish it were. Have you tried the bold's text wrap on CB? It's certainly not with out it's own set of issues, but some times issues are a trade off. I prefer it to bolt since I can actually read it and when it works there's no scrolling/zooming involved.
    ooppss, sorry for 3 posting
    02-14-11 11:46 AM
    I'm going to apologize in advance to anybody who this may offend but the bolt font just plain sucks.
    I tried Bolt a few times, not lately, and I say Bolt sucks period. Maybe it's gotten better since I last tried it, but I'm in any hurry to find out.
    02-14-11 11:55 AM
    I tried Bolt a few times, not lately, and I say Bolt sucks period. Maybe it's gotten better since I last tried it, but I'm in any hurry to find out.
    It doesn't seem to be much (if any) better than the last version. I've already dumped it.
    02-14-11 11:58 AM
    It doesn't seem to be much (if any) better than the last version. I've already dumped it.
    I tried it last spring, and it would get stuck at 20% loading pages, then they had a fix for that problem and it didn't fix it. And it was not touchscreen friendly at all. It sucked on Storm2.
    02-14-11 12:01 PM
    I've used Bolt on and off for over a year. It does help with the CB forum. I agree the font size should be larger, 3x isn't enough. My eyes are not what they used to be. In the past I dumped Bolt for Opera Mini, but that's not an option with the trackpad. Like I've said before I don't have a problem with the BB native browser.
    02-14-11 12:11 PM
    Yeah! Bolt is for noobs!
    I use it for the CB forums since the forums are so ill-suited for our native browser.
    02-14-11 12:16 PM
    Yeah! Bolt is for noobs!
    I use it for the CB forums since the forums are so ill-suited for our native browser.

ROFL, you said that not me. The native browser, while by no means a great app, works for me. If I'm going to install a 3rd party browser it should at least be better than the bundled one.
    02-14-11 12:21 PM
    Why are all the guys so grumpy today?
    This sux and that sux. Wow! What a buncha party poopers.
    02-14-11 12:27 PM
    Why are all the guys so grumpy today?
    This sux and that sux. Wow! What a buncha party poopers.
    It's Valentine's Day and it's a Monday, that sux!... and I don't have anything for my wife yet either.
    02-14-11 12:33 PM
    EDIT , anybody notice when you reload a forum page it takes you back to page 1?
    I'm going to apologize in advance to anybody who this may offend but the bolt font just plain sucks. It is still so small I struggle to read it with my glasses on. The oem using page wrap being so hit miss has it's own issues, but it is kinda painful to try and strain to read the bolt font. I'd rather struggle with the text wrap of the BB browser. Just my nickle.

jim, I've been having issues with Bolt myself. I would click on a link & appear like it startin to load but then just keeps me on the page I was at and sometimes it'll tell me the page can't be loaded, but then I'll click the link again and it'll go thru. Effin annoying if you ask me!

And a GREAT BIG YES-the font still does suck on Bolt-but its better than the native bb browser!

PC-your not missing anything with Bolt, lol, it still sucks IMHO! If I was able to get by on the bb browser with the small font & zoom in/out, I would ditch this in a heartbeat!

02-14-11 01:44 PM
23,186 ... 434435436437438 ...