I tried reinstalling 3rd party apps with BBSAK and it failed what a piece of............
    02-11-11 01:22 PM
    I tried reinstalling 3rd party apps with BBSAK and it failed what a piece of............
    I LOVE BBSAK and i use it exclusively.
    In fact, I have NEVER had a problem with it!I have used it for backup, individual backup, installing .cods, wiping, etc.

Wonder what's going on? You using ver 1.9?
    02-11-11 01:30 PM
    OK, didn't you say you wiped with BBSAK?
    What was Apploader gonna re-install?
    Of course you gotta reinstall them, no? I mean BBSAK wiped them out before Apploader had a chance...

or am I missing something?
    The 3rd party apps that I backed up, wont load. I have to download and reinstall each one of them.
    02-11-11 01:42 PM
    damn right woman! 5 is sooooooo last year!
    5??? What the heck is that??

Memory stable since I deleted the BW Icons. I think I will download some back and just deal with it.
    I have a question: BBMeter shows free memory as 252, but MemoryEx (from BatteryEx) says 317? So which is the more accurate one? TIA!
    02-11-11 01:45 PM
    I LOVE BBSAK and i use it exclusively.
    In fact, I have NEVER had a problem with it!I have used it for backup, individual backup, installing .cods, wiping, etc.

Wonder what's going on? You using ver 1.9?
    Yup, I used v1.9.11. I just re-downloaded them from mobihand and google, plugged in my activation codes and went on with life. Next time I know better.
    02-11-11 01:46 PM
    The 3rd party apps that I backed up, wont load. I have to download and reinstall each one of them.
    ah thats a horse of a different color. That stinks! Sorry that happened to you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 02:04 PM
    I'm back on 6.1/431(base)/448/450 and happy as heck. Everything's smooth as silk again w/298mb free. I don't use bbSak, apploader all the way. Never had any issue this way yet. This calls for a new homegrown theme for my babe.

btw, what's up with the dude in the cape. wrong forum maybe, capes and tights , down the hall.
    02-11-11 02:56 PM
    Serious question for all the usual players:

My wife just left for the weekend (Girl Scout campout) and forgot her Bold. Do you suppose that she is testing me? Or is this an opportunity for experimentation?
    02-11-11 03:55 PM
    5??? What the heck is that??

Memory stable since I deleted the BW Icons. I think I will download some back and just deal with it.
    I have a question: BBMeter shows free memory as 252, but MemoryEx (from BatteryEx) says 317? So which is the more accurate one? TIA!
    thats what i'm doing to Hamster. I'll just have to put on my big gurl undies and get ova'it! the leak that is. LOL.

As for your question, my bb meter and mem ex show 2 diff numbers as well. what the diff is, i really dont know. i also check my fiel free thru Options>Device>Device&Input. and just kinda collaborate between the three. lol.
    I'm back on 6.1/431(base)/448/450 and happy as heck. Everything's smooth as silk again w/298mb free. I don't use bbSak, apploader all the way. Never had any issue this way yet. This calls for a new homegrown theme for my babe.

btw, what's up with the dude in the cape. wrong forum maybe, capes and tights , down the hall.
    LMAO! send him packin!
    02-11-11 03:57 PM

My wife just left for the weekend (Girl Scout campout) and forgot her Bold. Do you suppose that she is testing me? Or is this an opportunity for experimentation?
    LMAO! well, from my point of view, what she don't know, won't hurt. MAKE SURE YOU PUT EVERYTHING back as she left it, us woman know every little detail!

But, you didnt see this post from meeee....
    02-11-11 04:01 PM
    Yup, I used v1.9.11. I just re-downloaded them from mobihand and google, plugged in my activation codes and went on with life. Next time I know better.
    It seems to be a problem with downgrading from .466 to .431...doesn't play nice...

All up and running and glad I did it. Its snappier than .466...no dup or draft sms...yada yada.

Good stuff...
    02-11-11 04:04 PM
    It seems to be a problem with downgrading from .466 to .431...doesn't play nice...

All up and running and glad I did it. Its snappier than .466...no dup or draft sms...yada yada.

Good stuff...
    +1...431 is definitely the better choice.
    02-11-11 04:07 PM

She WHAT? Sorry, your wife has bigger problems than what you might do to her bb...SHE LEFT WITHOUT IT!!!
    I don't even go to bed without mine!
    LMAO!!!!

PS If she were here, the Girl Scouts would be sleeping in hand-made igloos.
    HAHA
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-11-11 at 04:21 PM.
    02-11-11 04:16 PM
    She WHAT? Sorry, your wife has bigger problems than what you might do to her bb...SHE LEFT WITHOUT IT!!!
    I don't even go to bed without mine!
    LMAO!!!!

HAHA
    She figures that somebody else will have their phone along if the need arises to contact home. Her BB is used for voice (yes, I said VOICE) calls, SMS, and BBM to just me and the kids, along with taking and sending photos. No browsing, no music, no nothing else. She doesn't know how to turn on the radio or change a wallpaper, and wouldn't know a theme if it bit her. Don't get me wrong -- she's bright and does lots of things really well. She just doesn't care about the electro-gizmos. She'd still be using her Moto E815 if I'd have let her...

Do you really sleep with yours? Eeewwww!

PS: Her Girl Scouts are sleeping in a lodge, not tents. It's gonna get REALLY cold tonight, down to around 40 or so. It's 76 right now. These are nine-year old girls from the suburbs. Her group doesn't do tents. Or igloos, for that matter.
    02-11-11 04:32 PM
    Well I think I'm gonna downgrade to .431 after dinner as well. .466 is snappier for sure but I have been having some issues with sms. I get duplicates every time I reboot and I sent a text to my mom that was over 160 characters and it showed up as jibberish and she though I was on some meds lol. I told her to get some stuff at the grocery for me since I am gonna be home this weekend and it was literally like fwbfiowsbn dledf wobd slebfd. Don't know why but I'm gonna downgrade after dinner

02-11-11 04:36 PM
    She'd still be using her Moto E815 if I'd have let her...

Do you really sleep with yours? Eeewwww!
    Hey! I still have my MotoE815 and I loved hacking that phone. Was built like a tank. I think I ran it over once and it still worked for another year!

And yes, I take my Bold to bed. That way I can check mail and post in my jammies. (When I wear jammies...)
    LMAO!!!!
    02-11-11 04:52 PM
    Oh ok. So jaydee is a noobie because she uses it? According to your crackberry ranking system, she's not a noobie because she has 1,000 more posts than you.

I know several people that started using bbsak when it first started, and have never had many major issues, and they still use it with no issues. its not just for "noobies".
    Considering you're stumped by OS installs, you're offically a noob! And by noob I mean an inexperienced and/or ignorant or unskilled person.

Having the same issue. Ran the 431 installer over the 415 install, run Apploader and the only thing that shows up in apploader are my apps. No OS files are showing up, so nothing gets updated. It's as if this 431 install isn't present.
    02-11-11 05:08 PM
    She WHAT?

HAHA
    Seems like an appropriate place to drop back in....

Here's a full and tele shot on yesterday's ski trip. I will note for you igloo types, that the UNfrozen lake is at around 2,400 feet. The day was glorious, the snow like concrete. And, yes, I skied laboriously up to my vantage point.
    02-11-11 05:19 PM
    Hey! I still have my MotoE815 and I loved hacking that phone. Was built like a tank. I think I ran it over once and it still worked for another year!

And yes, I take my Bold to bed. That way I can check mail and post in my jammies. (When I wear jammies...)
    LMAO!!!!
    Aaawww. You had to go there, didn't you?

02-11-11 05:22 PM

Here's a full and tele shot on yesterday's ski trip. I will note for you igloo types, that the UNfrozen lake is at around 2,400 feet. The day was glorious, the snow like concrete. And, yes, I skied laboriously up to my vantage point.
    Gee F2, these shots are gorgeous!
    I'm going to use them on my bb for wallpaper, if you don't mind. I wish I enjoyed the winter weather but I do not...at all!!!!

F2, we have convinced a few people to move to OS6...are you on board yet?
    02-11-11 05:25 PM

LMAO!!!!
    I still have mine, flashed it a million times. Best dumbphone ever.
    02-11-11 05:26 PM
    Gee F2, these shots are gorgeous!
    I'm going to use them on my bb for wallpaper, if you don't mind. I wish I enjoyed the winter weather but I do not...at all!!!!

F2, we have convinced a few people to move to OS6...are you on board yet?
    You may use them as wallpaper (I had type wapplaper).

OS 6? After having rebooted 3 times today - at the gym, I had NO Albums for the treadmill. I rebooted. Still no albums and a message "card has problems, fix??" No, dammit, I need to backup first. Boring, musicless treadmill.

Home and try to copy card while in BB to computer - lockup of computer and BB reboots again and then again. 10-11 minutes each reboot.

I do have albums again.

I note you said a "FEW" which means there are still holdouts. And I see folks are still hybridizing the OS trying to get it better/fixed???

Is Storm-x theme for os 6? I will play YOUR game - no update until I have my theme!!! (fingers crossed that it is not available for os6 )

I really do want to know if Garmin and Shazam work for OS6. I will look for Shazam (which was a damm appworld download).

I do like Winter. I don't mind it coming down to sealevel once each Winter but it is nice to be able to drive to it - you get it if you want it. We were suppose to have a ton of snow due La Nina but it has not materialized and the snowpack is below normal accumulations potentially spelling drought this Summer. Global UNdoing.
    02-11-11 05:38 PM

Awesome photos. The last time I passed Lake Kachess, it was just tree stumps surrounding a puddle the size of my driveway. I can't think of the last time that I saw it full of water. I don't get to see that kind of thing anymore, since the Navy sent me to southern California...
    02-11-11 06:19 PM
    I still have mine, flashed it a million times. Best dumbphone ever.
    Mine still works, too. It gets activated when I am headed to an area that I know has poor reception. My BB radio just isn't as good as the Moto.
    02-11-11 06:21 PM
    Awesome photos. The last time I passed Lake Kachess, it was just tree stumps surrounding a puddle the size of my driveway. I can't think of the last time that I saw it full of water. I don't get to see that kind of thing anymore, since the Navy sent me to southern California...
    I was going to comment on the UW avatar. Lake Keechelus is the one along I-90 which may be the one your thinking of. Kachess is a bit off the highway toward the north. But I think they are both a water source for Yakima Irrigation???

I-90 is being rebuilt in that area. Trying to avoid the avalanche closures and provide a wildlife corridor under the roadway. Stopped for Winter but bridge abutments for elevated roadways and realignments.
    02-11-11 06:59 PM
23,186 ... 431432433434435 ...