I'm thinking of going back to the hybrid 6.1/431/448/450
    I'm thinking about just scrapping 466 and going back to 431. It just works and 466 has issues.
    02-11-11 10:43 AM
    Actually, if I remember correctly from yesterday, I was the one who told Paul to keep an eye on his memory when he told me he used a custom BW set. So in answer to your question Pink...YES! I have considered EVERYTHING (or so it seems) in my quest to cure my memory ailments.

Funny thing is, when I called VZW and spoke to a CSrep about it, they did not care which apps I had running. They believed there should be no memory leak no matter what apps you run. In fact, they say USE YOUR PHONE.

Yup, yup. That's what I'm doing.
    I still say its OS6 or OhSicks...
    ok, i dont recall seeing your post about that.

I agree, we should be able to use our phones at our pleasure for what will make us happy 'dressing' up our babies!

OhSicks is right!
    I'm booting up to a clean 466, cant wait to see what bugs await me now.
    good luck, hopefully you will have NONE!
    i just cheked and in a 12 hour period i had about half a megabyte loss (0.59). Is that good, bad, or acceptable?
    thats it!! wow, i'm jealous. Lrd, your doing just fine
    02-11-11 10:54 AM
    ok, i dont recall seeing your post about that.
    Didn't post. Was in a BBM.
    Didn't know he was having a bona-fide problem till I saw his post this am about scrapping the icon set.
    02-11-11 10:57 AM
    I'm thinking of going back to the hybrid 6.1/431/448/450. It was the best running os I've tried yet. For whatever reason the 466 seems to not be as smooth at times. Even tho it started out really smooth and I've added nothing new. I use my own homemade themes, but did so with the above hybrid as well. So I dunno. Maybe I'll go chill on 5 for awhile. HA! I would however like to try that theme builder and see what I might be able to do with it. Don't think I'd be satisfied there in 5ville for very long.
    QUICK!! get this guy a drink!! he's delusional (sp?) LMAO!!
    5ville is CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS!
    Stay Away!!!
    HAHA Jim, seriously, I figured you'd be going back to your favorite hybrid. I would if I were you!!! Whatever works!!!
    damn right woman! 5 is sooooooo last year!
    Just checked my Bweather again. It's reading 12 degrees lower than the actual temp. It's always been accurate within a degree or two. Remeber the issues a few days ago everyone was having with Bweather updates failing?
    I think I may have started having this issue then as it has been going on for a few days.
    I'm going back to hybridland.
    i had the 'failed' update issue last week as well, but it resolved within a day or so. go back to your hybrid and see where its at, hopefully it'll be back on da money!
    I'm thinking about just scrapping 466 and going back to 431. It just works and 466 has issues.
    good luck again mr.switch-a-roo!
    02-11-11 10:59 AM
    Didn't post. Was in a BBM.
    Didn't know he was having a bona-fide problem till I saw his post this am about scrapping the icon set.
    ok, whew! you had me concerned there that i totally missed something! LOL

EDIT; accroding to bb meter, 1h 53m, i'm down 10.4MB. oy vey! i really think i'm gonna ditch bb meter, put the 7 sets of BW icons i just deleted back and say FTW!
    02-11-11 11:00 AM
    I was ordering a phone for my wife just now; she let my son use her's last Sunday and it's been MIA ever since. Did NOT, I repeat JD, DID NOT get the Droid2 for myself while I was at it.
    02-11-11 11:07 AM
    I was ordering a phone for my wife just now; she let my son use her's last Sunday and it's been MIA ever since. Did NOT, I repeat JD, DID NOT get the Droid2 for myself while I was at it.
    OK, delay that order for the defibrillator then!!!!
    Whew! You get to live another day there pcgizmo!!!

Just to celebrate, I am going for a drink after work!!!!

No DROIDS! I repeat....no Droids in the kingdom! haha
    02-11-11 11:24 AM
    damn right woman! 5 is sooooooo last year!
    Wow! Listen to you. What a difference a day or two makes.

I predict someone here is going to cross a new threshold very soon....TODAY!

Was wondering .....if some one is a prolific poster have they gone postal?

Got my old friend the hybrid on and doing a coupla reboots. That dang BOSS didn;t shrink out the video this time, What a hit/miss pos that is becoming.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-11-11 at 11:37 AM.
    02-11-11 11:33 AM
    OK, delay that order for the defibrillator then!!!!
    Whew! You get to live another day there pcgizmo!!!

Just to celebrate, I am going for a drink after work!!!!

No DROIDS! I repeat....no Droids in the kingdom! haha
    LOL!
    Wow! Listen to you. What a difference a day or two makes.
    i'm really likin 6! i've just about gone over the whole menu to get familar with where everything is being its all new, but i'm sure i'll still get stumped every now and then as to where something was. lol.

As for the native browser with the tabbed browsing, i'm really liking that! the only thing i was trying to fig out for my son, is while listening to music on YouTube, it wasn't possible to minimize that tab while music was playing and surf on another open tab. it stopped the music.
    Unless there is a way to do it and i haven't fig'd it out yet. If someone knows, could you please share with me TY
    02-11-11 11:41 AM
    Wow! It's like deja vu all over again, feels like I just sat thru an apploader wipe and install just an hour ago or so.
    LOL. Didn't know that they allowed drinking on the job where you are Paul.
    Since they do, I will express you a gun and tonic for you to enjoy...
    Oh wait..you want a scotch!!

So it's a straight 431 this time? and BBM 41? or BBM 45?
    02-11-11 11:47 AM
    Wow! It's like deja vu all over again, feels like I just sat thru an apploader wipe and install just an hour ago or so.
    Dude, youre going back to .431?

NICE....Im jumpin out of the pool then...didn't wanna be the first one out...of the Cesspool that is....466 is just too buggy for me. Battery, not good, weird mem stuff, emails and sms/mms messed up. Not worth the extra time.

Feels like my first marriage, only this time, I know sometimes the best thing to do is get out early! Bwwaaa. haaaa. (hope she doesn't read this)
    02-11-11 11:49 AM
    LOL. Didn't know that they allowed drinking on the job where you are Paul.
    Since they do, I will express you a gun and tonic for you to enjoy...
    Oh wait..you want a scotch!!

So it's a straight 431 this time? and BBM 41? or BBM 45?
    Straight 431, really no need for hybrids on this one. I'm going to go with BBM 5.0.1.45 since it's still on my SD card from yesterday's experimentations.

Yes, scotch/rocks please. The only time I do gin is when I'm in the mood for Martooni's
    02-11-11 11:55 AM
    Dude, youre going back to .431?

NICE....Im jumpin out of the pool then...didn't wanna be the first one out...of the Cesspool that is....466 is just too buggy for me. Battery, not good, weird mem stuff, emails and sms/mms messed up. Not worth the extra time.

Feels like my first marriage, only this time, I know sometimes the best thing to do is get out early! Bwwaaa. haaaa. (hope she doesn't read this)
    Yeah, I can't take it anymore. I tried to give 466 the benfit of the doubt, but the SMS bugs, the BBM cursor bug, and whatever my other problem was just aren't worth it. 466 has some good stuff like the thumbnail bookmarks and the contacts button on the dial screen, but it's just not a keeper.

Bring on 505!
    02-11-11 11:58 AM
    Wow, I'm trying to catch up here today. It looks like all he!! is breaking loose. There are threads about the BW icon sets causing memory leaks. I always stick with the default icons anyway. My memory is consistent around 280MB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 12:03 PM
    LOL!
    [B][COLOR=darkslateblue]
    As for the native browser with the tabbed browsing, i'm really liking that! the only thing i was trying to fig out for my son, is while listening to music on YouTube, it wasn't possible to minimize that tab while music was playing and surf on another open tab. it stopped the music.
    Unless there is a way to do it and i haven't fig'd it out yet. If someone knows, could you please share with me TY
    Solution: hand over your Bold to your son to browse on while he is listening to YouTube on his.

I think on Slacker you can Cache your music stations, allowing you to jive while you're surfing. Of course, I might be wrong about that. Don't see how you could surf and listen to an active web site on the Bold at the same time, but I might be wrong about that as well.
    02-11-11 12:20 PM
    Yeah, I can't take it anymore. I tried to give 466 the benfit of the doubt, but the SMS bugs, the BBM cursor bug, and whatever my other problem was just aren't worth it. 466 has some good stuff like the thumbnail bookmarks and the contacts button on the dial screen, but it's just not a keeper.

Bring on 505!
    Thanks for giving 466 a test ride. Now that I'm finally on OS6 I was ready to pull the trigger on it myself until I read about the issues you guys were having. Saved me some unnecessary aggravation.
    02-11-11 12:29 PM
    All better now, pushed crap isn't scattered all over the place, boot times are back to 2 minutes, texts aren't triplicated.
    02-11-11 12:31 PM
    Solution: hand over your Bold to your son to browse on while he is listening to YouTube on his.

I think on Slacker you can Cache your music stations, allowing you to jive while you're surfing. Of course, I might be wrong about that. Don't see how you could surf and listen to an active web site on the Bold at the same time, but I might be wrong about that as well.
    have you lost your mind! Then he'll have 2 bb's in hand!
    TY Hiker, you did just give me an idea! I have "TuneIn" radio on my bb, I'm gonna try to run that while browsing the web if that works, I'll have him load the "TuneIn" radio app! w00t!

02-11-11 12:43 PM
    have you lost your mind! Then he'll have 2 bb's in hand!
    TY Hiker, you did just give me an idea! I have "TuneIn" radio on my bb, I'm gonna try to run that while browsing the web if that works, I'll have him load the "TuneIn" radio app! w00t!

Pink, I surf while using TuneIn all the time. Works great!
    02-11-11 12:45 PM
    boot times are back to 2 minutes
    this is one of the things I loooove about 6! My boot time on 5 was only 4 mins, but 6 is a so wonderfully better that way! LOL

02-11-11 12:47 PM
    Pink, I surf while using TuneIn all the time. Works great!
    awesome! He needs to put this app on his bb then TY for that jaydee!

EDIT: after i posted this to you, idk why i didnt try this to begin with!
    well, i do know why, its because its not something i normally do. sometimes the light is on upstairs, but theres no one home LOL

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-11-11 at 01:24 PM.
    02-11-11 12:49 PM
    All better now, pushed crap isn't scattered all over the place, boot times are back to 2 minutes, texts aren't triplicated.
    Perhaps I got lucky with this load, but the only issue I've had is with the boot time. Mine has jumped from a bit under three minutes on 431 to a hair over four on 466. I deleted the one saved SMS message before I installed, and I dropped back to BBM .41 when PC said he was having issues with the new .46. Memory and power management has been great. too. I don't use the custom icon sets for BW or BatteryEx, either. The longer boot time is not a deal breaker for me, since I normally reboot just a few times a week, unless I'm loading/dumping an app.
    02-11-11 12:55 PM
    Perhaps I got lucky with this load, but the only issue I've had is with the boot time. Mine has jumped from a bit under three minutes on 431 to a hair over four on 466. I deleted the one saved SMS message before I installed, and I dropped back to BBM .41 when PC said he was having issues with the new .46. Memory and power management has been great. too. I don't use the custom icon sets for BW or BatteryEx, either. The longer boot time is not a deal breaker for me, since I normally reboot just a few times a week, unless I'm loading/dumping an app.
    No matter what version of BBM I used (41, 45 or 46) I could not see the cursor when scrolling up in a chat. I'm running 45 under 431 now and it's fine.

SMS msgs were duplicated on reboot, and when I replied to an sms it would start a new threaded msg instead of just adding to the existing msg. I don't reboot often either but since trying 466 I've had to reboot quite a few times.
    02-11-11 01:01 PM
    I've been skunked!

Over 2 years of changing OS', adding hybrids, never a problem...until now! lol.

Backed up 3rd party apps.
    Backed up data
    Installed .431
    Wiped using bbsak
    Ran Apploader
    Only 3rd party apps showed up on apploader...checked off all the ones I wanted...And BOOM! Everyone of them said it wasnt compatible or was missing files...YIKES

Going through DM. Have to replace all of my apps now...sheesh!
    02-11-11 01:14 PM
    I've been skunked!

Over 2 years of changing OS', adding hybrids, never a problem...until now! lol.

Backed up 3rd party apps.
    Backed up data
    Installed .431
    Wiped using bbsak
    Ran Apploader
    Only 3rd party apps showed up on apploader...checked off all the ones I wanted...And BOOM! Everyone of them said it wasnt compatible or was missing files...YIKES

Going through DM. Have to replace all of my apps now...sheesh!
    OK, didn't you say you wiped with BBSAK?
    What was Apploader gonna re-install?
    Of course you gotta reinstall them, no? I mean BBSAK wiped them out before Apploader had a chance...

or am I missing something?
    02-11-11 01:20 PM
23,186 ... 430431432433434 ...