Download either MeterBerry (charge app) or BB Meter (free app)

- Jim
    here is a link for BB Meter
    [BB Meter App OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 05:33 PM
    I normally run my BB 16 hours, I check with BB Meter, the worst I have seen is a little over 2MB and that was on a two day run. JayDee is seeing numbers that are incredible in comparison. I am wondering if I would see a great diff between BB Meter and MeterBerry?
    02-10-11 05:46 PM
    You've probably already tried this, but have you loaded the OS without shrinking it? Just trying to think outside the box...there's GOT to be something in the wood pile that's burning up your memory.
    Hiker, I have been urged to do this by a number of my fellow Ramblers but have never done it. I figured that if they could shrink, I should be able to as well. BUT...to be fair...I should try it once. Just to say I have tried it.
    I guess the next OS upgrade I do...will be a full, "no holds-barred" OS install with NO SHRINKING.

I say I will. I hope I do...
    02-10-11 05:47 PM
    I normally run my BB 16 hours, I check with BB Meter, the worst I have seen is a little over 2MB and that was on a two day run. JayDee is seeing numbers that are incredible in comparison. I am wondering if I would see a great diff between BB Meter and MeterBerry?
    Jimi,
    I have run them individually and side by side. While they both start out with the incorrect amount of memory...(go figure), they both measure leaks about the same. Therefore, I got the same readings from both apps. And I got really tied of checking my bb home screen and seeing that chip RED (meaning a loss of over 20MB) after just three hours from a battery pull!!!
    02-10-11 05:50 PM
    That is really mind twisting... I really give you credit that you are not full on Gun and Tonic daily from this alone. I know I am and I do not have your memory leak issue.
    02-10-11 05:52 PM
    I loaded OS6 today and I am experiencing some leaks as well. Will test it out for the day but I did shrink it as well. Will see how much it drops for the day. I never experienced any drops on OS5.
    02-10-11 05:55 PM
    That is really mind twisting... I really give you credit that you are not full on Gun and Tonic daily from this alone. I know I am and I do not have your memory leak issue.
    Jimi, if you want to have a reason to drink (not that you need one, of course), go back through this thread to around Dec 1st and start reading. I have run countless OSes, apps including BBMeter, Meterberry and What's Running on My Phone. I have booted into safe mode (on my phone) and keep hourly logs of memory loss. I have made my OWN hybrids, used hybrids from these forums and used leaks, as well as the official OS. I have wiped, security wiped and wiped again. I have gotten a new (CLN) device and done the same.

Every form of OS6 has leaked on my phone...some hybrids more than others. But in the end, they all leaked. And still do.

I have become better at handling it. Ask the Ramblers. It used to consume me but now I take it pretty much in stride. I reboot 2 x a day and occasionally post a BBMeter screen shot of the ridiculous numbers. Oh and drink....there's always the gun and tonics!!!!
    02-10-11 06:04 PM
    I will probably get another device soon, yes, a refurb. But this is the second device I've had that leaks on OS6...so leads me to believe that some devices can't handle the leaky OS

As Conan said, he's trying to eliminate his app as a problem and I think I have eliminated all my apps as well. I had leaks with just the OS on my phone. There aren't a lot of us with this problem WHO POST... who knows how many have a leak and don't know or don't post...

I'm down 23MB in 6 hours right now...maddening
    i just checked my BB Meter, and i've lost 9.8mb within 9h 46m. i've never ever lost that much when i was on OS5. the most i ever lost through out the day was maybe 1mb according to bb meter.

jaydee, i know its prob a PITA to have to get a refurb and load everything back on, but you may have to do this till you get a device that will be stable for you. hopefully, if you call for another refurb, this will be THE ONE.

now, with what i've lost today alone, the 9.8mb, i'm guessing thats considered 'normal' range of memory to be gone?
    02-10-11 06:12 PM
    Why, I thank you... a reason I never fall short of. Outside of getting a new unit I would think there is much left for you to try, outside of switching back to 5 and seeing if you have a continued leak on that as well.
    02-10-11 06:15 PM
    I loaded OS6 today and I am experiencing some leaks as well. Will test it out for the day but I did shrink it as well. Will see how much it drops for the day. I never experienced any drops on OS5.
    same here Al! and from what Jimi posted he only lost about 2mb within 16hrs! thats really not much to worry about at all.

i hate seeing my mem drop numbers like that, jaydee i can only imagine how you must feel. you have the patience of a saint i wouldve reverted back to OS5 by now and said F this!
    02-10-11 06:15 PM
    Liking this one a lot!

02-10-11 11:16 PM
    Liking this one a lot!

I like. What is it?

02-10-11 11:29 PM
    The wp is just a random abtract I found. The theme is called Lite- OS6 style. Found that in the themes forum.

02-10-11 11:32 PM
    same here Al! and from what Jimi posted he only lost about 2mb within 16hrs! thats really not much to worry about at all.

i hate seeing my mem drop numbers like that, jaydee i can only imagine how you must feel. you have the patience of a saint i wouldve reverted back to OS5 by now and said F this!
    Just checked mine this morning, and I'm down 2.6 in 19hrs....I guess that is reasonable?

BTW...Good Morning!
    02-11-11 06:51 AM
    Well, I posted about the cursor missing when you scroll thru BBM chats starting with 466 and BBM 5.0.1.46, so I tried rolling back to the version in the latest 9700 leak 5.0.1.45. Same result, no cursor. Last night I went down to 5.0.1.41 from the BB mobile webiste, and still no cursor. I love how RIM fixes one problem and causes a new problem with their updates.
    02-11-11 07:07 AM
    Oh, speaking of memory leaks, I tried a BerryWeather icon set and dropped about 6MB in a hurry. So I removed that and I'm back to holding steady at 272MB free.

Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-11-11 at 07:14 AM.
    02-11-11 07:12 AM
    Oh, speaking of memory leaks, I tried a BerryWeather icon set and dropped about 6MB in a hurry. So I removed that and I'm back to holding steady at 272MB free.

Holy Crap! You may be on to something! i just downloaded a BW set (after my last post) and dropped 7mb!
    Hmmmm. Going to remove it now and see.
    02-11-11 07:16 AM
    Holy Crap! You may be on to something! i just downloaded a BW set (after my last post) and dropped 7mb!
    Hmmmm. Going to remove it now and see.
    I've never had the memory leak issues that jaydee and other have had since going to BB6 way back when. With 431 I was steady at 266.xx free, and with 466 I'm at 272.xx free. An hour after installing the icon set, I checked device info and went
    02-11-11 07:22 AM
    I've never had the memory leak issues that jaydee and other have had since going to BB6 way back when. With 431 I was steady at 266.xx free, and with 466 I'm at 272.xx free. An hour after installing the icon set, I checked device info and went
    Same here...never had issues before. Uhm..this may sound like a dumb question, but I can't find the BW icon folder to delete it
    02-11-11 07:31 AM
    Liking this one a lot!

Sky, thats lookin sweeeeet!
    Just checked mine this morning, and I'm down 2.6 in 19hrs....I guess that is reasonable?

BTW...Good Morning!
    morn hamster! yes, your doing just fine. right now i'm at a loss for 20.1mb in 23h6m. i'm not happy avout this, i've never had to reboot my ph for mem leak, this will drive me nuts. i'm ocd about my mem on my bb, thats why if i were jaydee with what she goes thru, i'd be in the looney bin bouncin off the walls by now!
    Well, I posted about the cursor missing when you scroll thru BBM chats starting with 466 and BBM 5.0.1.46, so I tried rolling back to the version in the latest 9700 leak 5.0.1.45. Same result, no cursor. Last night I went down to 5.0.1.41 from the BB mobile webiste, and still no cursor. I love how RIM fixes one problem and causes a new problem with their updates.
    thats just effin terrific.

ya know, idk how many BW & BatEx sets i have on my bb. it would kill me to give'em up though. i have to say my mem leak started when i loaded OS6! i was fine on OS5, IF i lost *maybe* 2mb a week that was a lot! now i'm down 20 within 23hrs. thats just about 1mb an hour, thats disturbing to me.
    02-11-11 07:33 AM
    btw Paul, screen looks nice
    02-11-11 07:34 AM
    Same here...never had issues before. Uhm..this may sound like a dumb question, but I can't find the BW icon folder to delete it
    Hamster, did you usb your berry to delete? thats what you need to do.
    02-11-11 07:35 AM
    Hamster, did you usb your berry to delete? thats what you need to do.
    I found the folder on my BB and deleted it there. Do I still need to delete from the computer? Sorry..it's early yet
    02-11-11 07:42 AM
    btw Paul, screen looks nice
    I liked that icon set, but not at cost of introducing a memory leak. I am sticking with the default icon set, it doesn't leak.
    02-11-11 07:44 AM
    Hiker, I have been urged to do this by a number of my fellow Ramblers but have never done it. I figured that if they could shrink, I should be able to as well. BUT...to be fair...I should try it once. Just to say I have tried it.
    I guess the next OS upgrade I do...will be a full, "no holds-barred" OS install with NO SHRINKING.

I say I will. I hope I do...
    jaydee...I can't tell you how many times I solved a problem when I got to the point where I told myself "I've tried everything but...(fill in the blank)." It's worked often for me over the years.

As for memory leak on my device, I don't think I have a problem...holding steady at around 266xxxxxx. However, with random reboots I couldn't say for sure if I don't have a mem leak.
    02-11-11 07:45 AM
23,186 ... 428429430431432 ...