Did you send it as an attachment?
    no, I just copied/pasted like I always do with pix that I google. Should I try to send as an attachment instead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 01:48 PM
    no, I just copied/pasted like I always do with pix that I google. Should I try to send as an attachment instead?

Why not? Or ignore the warning about exposing your address.

02-10-11 01:55 PM
    Why not? Or ignore the warning about exposing your address.

yes I did ignore the warning but it didn't make a diff. I'll try to send as an attachment next time I do it. I just googled the same pix from my browser & had no prob doing the save image from the browser.

TY for your help hiker!

02-10-11 01:59 PM
    yes I did ignore the warning but it didn't make a diff. I'll try to send as an attachment next time I do it. I just googled the same pix from my browser & had no prob doing the save image from the browser.

TY for your help hiker!

Glad you solved your problem. Have fun with OS6!
    02-10-11 02:02 PM
    Glad you solved your problem. Have fun with OS6!
    so far its ballin'! . Thanks again!

02-10-11 02:12 PM
    so far its ballin'! . Thanks again!

Pink, I need a little help. WTH is ballin'?? I gotta get me a new Pink dictionary!!

02-10-11 02:53 PM
    Pink, I need a little help. WTH is ballin'?? I gotta get me a new Pink dictionary!!

It's whatcha do to breakin yur new whip.
    02-10-11 02:58 PM
    Pink, I see you've discovered how to save the wallpapers. You have to send them as attachments like hiker said.

That way, you can email yourself nine or 10 at a time and save them right to your card without having to plug into your pc.

I do it all the time; surf and find pics and then email to myself.
    Have fun!
    02-10-11 02:58 PM
    LMAO! Thanks!!
    02-10-11 03:08 PM

lmao! Check out define#2
    "ballin"
    lmao!

02-10-11 03:09 PM
    Pink, I see you've discovered how to save the wallpapers. You have to send them as attachments like hiker said.

That way, you can email yourself nine or 10 at a time and save them right to your card without having to plug into your pc.

I do it all the time; surf and find pics and then email to myself.
    Have fun!
    yes, on OS5 I was able to google/copy/paste & send then when I rec'd it on my bb I could just "get image" and click & save. OS6 is very diff! LOL. I always google a ton of wp's so now I'll just send then as attachments & save them that way! TY!
    Now I could be ballin wit my wp's too!

02-10-11 03:12 PM
    I gotcha now. We're doing ebonics. That's chillin'!

02-10-11 03:16 PM
    I gotcha now. We're doing ebonics. That's chillin'!

noooooo! LOL- its "livin the good life" not ebonics! Lmao!

02-10-11 03:20 PM
    Alright, thanks!

Best of luck to you, JayDee! Looks like you've been dealing with this for quite some time.

Please keep us posted!
    Do you have a problem with memory leaks? I am more convinced that its OS6 itself and not any of my apps. But I haven't given up hope that if I switch devices it will all be ok.

Do you currently have a problem too?
    02-10-11 03:21 PM
    jaydee, since I've loaded 6 last night, I've been loosing memory as well & I never had an issue. I'm not loosing anywhere near what you are, for example-i started with 255ish this morn aft installing DT6, and now I'm down to 249. This is unusual for my device. On OS5 if I dropped from say 314 to 312 within the day, that was a lot. So I'd have to agree that OS6 is contributing to your mem leak

02-10-11 03:31 PM
    jaydee, since I've loaded 6 last night, I've been loosing memory as well & I never had an issue. I'm not loosing anywhere near what you are, for example-i started with 255ish this morn aft installing DT6, and now I'm down to 249. This is unusual for my device. On OS5 if I dropped from say 314 to 312 within the day, that was a lot. So I'd have to agree that OS6 is contributing to your mem leak

I'm not losing much at all...I'll keep checking to see if it does and then we will know if it is OS6 because I wasn't losing any on 5 either..
    02-10-11 03:37 PM
    how do you check memory leak in os6
    02-10-11 04:00 PM
    Lrd, you can keep an eye on your files the going to Options>device>device & status info, scroll down to your file free. When you do a batt pull, take note of the amount you have and then check it at the end of the day to see if you've lost a reasonable amount, or if you've lost a lot, like jaydee has been loosing.

LrdAnkh likes this.
    02-10-11 04:05 PM
    Do you have a problem with memory leaks? I am more convinced that its OS6 itself and not any of my apps. But I haven't given up hope that if I switch devices it will all be ok.

Personally, no I do not have an issue.

However, I develop BlackBerry applications, and one of my clients has reported a huge memory leak since upgrading his 9650 to the official Verizon OS6, and thought it was my application. The same app works fine on a Torch and Style, both running OS 6. He is having to reboot 3-6 times per day, and I'm sure you can feel his frustration.

I've tried duplicating his issue on one of my own devices, but to no avail.

What makes it a tricky issue is that not every 9650 user is reporting the same issue. In fact, some have reported huge jumps in performance!

/boggle

Thanks!

- Jim
    02-10-11 04:06 PM
    Download either MeterBerry (charge app) or BB Meter (free app)

- Jim
    02-10-11 04:13 PM

Have you gotten a new unit as of yet? With all the issues you have with memory, I would say this is the first thing you should do. I have never had a leak issue as you do.
    02-10-11 04:15 PM
    Have you gotten a new unit as of yet? With all the issues you have with memory, I would say this is the first thing you should do. I have never had a leak issue as you do.
    I will probably get another device soon, yes, a refurb. But this is the second device I've had that leaks on OS6...so leads me to believe that some devices can't handle the leaky OS

As Conan said, he's trying to eliminate his app as a problem and I think I have eliminated all my apps as well. I had leaks with just the OS on my phone. There aren't a lot of us with this problem WHO POST... who knows how many have a leak and don't know or don't post...

I'm down 23MB in 6 hours right now...maddening
    02-10-11 04:22 PM
    I will probably get another device soon, yes, a refurb. But this is the second device I've had that leaks on OS6...so leads me to believe that some devices can't handle the leaky OS

As Conan said, he's trying to eliminate his app as a problem and I think I have eliminated all my apps as well. I had leaks with just the OS on my phone. There aren't a lot of us with this problem WHO POST... who knows how many have a leak and don't know or don't post...

You've probably already tried this, but have you loaded the OS without shrinking it? Just trying to think outside the box...there's GOT to be something in the wood pile that's burning up your memory.
    02-10-11 04:28 PM

We've wondered this one before -- just how many folks have a leak and don't run MeterBerry, so they don't know they're leaking?

If you didn't KNOW that you had a memory leak (or, for that matter, even know what a memory leak WAS), would you be happy with your Bold? You'd think the Bold to be the greatest thing since sliced white bread. Or better yet, the greatest thing since they started selling guns in bottles.

I'll bet that it would have been a PITA to balance the keg on your desk. Oops, you're royalty now. A Royal PITA...
    02-10-11 05:10 PM
    We've wondered this one before -- just how many folks have a leak and don't run MeterBerry, so they don't know they're leaking?

If you didn't KNOW that you had a memory leak (or, for that matter, even know what a memory leak WAS), would you be happy with your Bold?
    I agree that most BB users don't frequent forums and don't hear about issues one way or the other. They either go to their IT guys or verizon for help with any problems, and any long time BB users whether BB tech savvy or not know the value of a battery pull. I have a bro who fits this group perfectly. He actually said when I told him I was going back to BB , "great after you figure it out you can teach me". (He's always had a BB)
    So it stands to reason that there are probably loads of OS-6 bolds with mem leaks that held by owners who simply wonder why it's so sluggish or freezing. Well, verizon said it's due for another BP.
    02-10-11 05:30 PM
23,186 ... 427428429430431 ...