If you guys have been having that much of a problem with my font, why haven't you just asked me to not use it?

What I don't understand is why would it make your browser crash???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your font actually makes my screen text wrap, or word wrap or whatever it is. I was hoping Kevin would use it for the whole mobile site. :-)
    02-10-11 07:27 AM
    You'll be having two, soon, because Dark Trilogy is coming out tonight, too!
    6:15am rolled around and i dwld Dark Tril6! I couldn't wait! Thanks Al3!
    So you are you two liking OS6, Pink and Hamster?
    so far, so good. i do have a 2 things that i need to figure out, i'll be doing a search right after this post.
    Oh yes! Themes are going back on tomorrow!
    Glad I dove in with you, girlfriend!
    And thanks to the rest of the ramblers - wouldn't have done it without you guys..
    Guns and tonics for everyone - we are all on OS6!
    get your theme on girl! i'm rocking DT6, thats my fav one!
    Hey Jimi..
    So far not so bad. I likey I must admit it is a bit laggy, but then again I have only done 1 battery pull...and I know a couple more should settle it down.
    It does have quite a nice look and feel.
    I'll let you know more tomorrow!
    mine was a little laggy last night to, but after the batt pulls it got better, and then i did one again this morn after i installed DT6, and now it seems things are pretty smooth atm.
    congrats on the move up to big boy and girl OS6.
    TY Buford!
    I'm out of touch for a few hours and Pink and Hamster jump on BB 6!!! WTH, as my daughter says - I thought pigs would fly before I'd see that. Congrats on your upgrade guys. Give it a couple of days and you'll love it!

ya see what happens when your not around! LOL so far i like it, but i honestly have to say, without a theme & QL, i would prob hate it & would've gone back to OS5 by now. but TG my theme is avail!
    Well with all the upgrade excitement going on, I decided to downgrade back to 431. That leak had far too many bugs, especially when 431 is so solid. I had the hybrid files on my PC, but decided I didn't want to bother.
    Congrat to Pink and Hamster for plucking up the courage to take the plunge. You'll need to guard against OS addiction now!
    TY Sky! i'm wondering when the next upgrade is already! lmao!

glad to see your back and sturdy with 431 as well
    02-10-11 07:31 AM
    Jim, did you open the browser and look in options? Choose thumbnail...I don't have 466 but Paul is using it. BBM him.
    I like the thumbnail view, I needed a change of pace!

If you guys have been having that much of a problem with my font, why haven't you just asked me to not use it?
    Pinky, you know I was only teasing and being snarky, right??? And congrats on the jump to BB6.
    02-10-11 07:37 AM
    I'm grabbing 45 to see if that one clears up the scrolling issue I have.
    .....And......it doesn't
    02-10-11 07:43 AM
    Morning OS6'ers!!!!!!! WooHoo

All these trays do get getting used to. I can see now why everyone was chomping at the bit for themes!
    Me thinks I'll be changing that today!

So now what are you guys going to bug us about now??

BTW, Here's proof - before the themes are put back on my Bold

g'morn' Miss Hamster OS6'er! btw, the trays are a PITA! LOL.
    Hamster, Glad you and Pink jumped into the pool last night. Now we can help you with OS6 if you have any questions. Themes definitely make your phone look like it did before the upgrade. Dark Trilogy came out last night so there should be 4 of Al3azim's themes you can load, along with a link to several of Foppa's themes.

RR was here yesterday and said he prefers Foppa's themes. If you have questions on downloading them or configuring them, I bet he would be glad to help. There are also some different themes available for free in the themes forums. Personally, there are premium themes as well, but I will NEVER pay for a theme unless I'm paying Al3azim. Sorry, that's just MHO.

Enjoy looking around today to set up that new OS6 baby.
    I have to say, i agree with you totally there. I've looked at other themes and considered them(free), but i just really am attached to Al3's and dont mind paying for them. i know they run smoothly on my device and thats what i want, stability!
    Your font actually makes my screen text wrap, or word wrap or whatever it is. I was hoping Kevin would use it for the whole mobile site. :-)
    well, i suppose it works for some, but not others. it would be great if Kevin was able to have the whole sites font default to maybe a 3 instead of a 2. I think my size 4 was a bit much now that i look back.
    02-10-11 07:50 AM
    Pinky, you know I was only teasing and being snarky, right??? And congrats on the jump to BB6.
    TY, so far P!nky likey! LOL

well, as for the font thing, sure you were just poking fun at me, but for some they had a prob with it, and thats ok. I was honestly sick of that pink i was using and it was time for a color change.
    now, im off to do my search for a couple of things and set my screen right! i hate when things aren't organized! LOL. be back!
    02-10-11 07:53 AM
    ok Ramblers, i found an answer to one of my 2 questions. I searched with many word variables for the one i didnt find an answer to, so i was hoping one of you guys/gals will know.

The alarm clock - i want to changed the tone that it has right now. I've already looked in 1) Profiles-not there 2)calendar-not there and 3) i've even brought up the bedside mode with the alarm-no good.

So am i missing something? idk where to go to change the ringtone for it.

Thanks!
    02-10-11 08:26 AM
    ok Ramblers, i found an answer to one of my 2 questions. I searched with many word variables for the one i didnt find an answer to, so i was hoping one of you guys/gals will know.

The alarm clock - i want to changed the tone that it has right now. I've already looked in 1) Profiles-not there 2)calendar-not there and 3) i've even brought up the bedside mode with the alarm-no good.

So am i missing something? idk where to go to change the ringtone for it.

Thanks!
    Pink, go to clock/options and the tone for the alarm is there.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-10-11 08:34 AM
    Pink, go to clock/options and the tone for the alarm is there.
    D'OH!!!! *facepalm* of all the places i didnt think of looking! lmao! don't i feel silly now!

do you know, i bursted out laughing when i read your reply! LOL
    02-10-11 08:40 AM
    It's really not that much better than 431. With 431 you could exceed the 160 limit by going to MMS mode, 466 breaks it up...just a different angle on the same problem.

I haven't done any wifi browsing yet, it's been a very busy week, so I didn't even know the wifi bug was fixed.

466 is not a huge leap from 431, and with all the trouble of the disappearing SMS app and the uncaught exception errors when loading, I understand why many are passing it up.
    As I understand it, the exception errors and such seem to be related to the new coding for the SMS. If you delete all of your old SMS and/or MMS messages (nobody seems to know which one does it, so I archived and dumped all of them) you don't get the error. Mine runs clean.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-10-11 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-10-11 08:42 AM
    I've noticed something on 466 I didn't have problems with running 431. When in Berry reader I like to click a link sometimes and on 466 the little cursor that would follow me down the page with every other os is missing, so there's no way to click any links.
    Underway or Paul or anyone running 466 do you have this issue? It was fine with 431. The awesome SCrid hybrid 6.1/431/448 I had before is calling to me.
    Curious tho if anyone else has this issue. I've not found anything else I don't like about 466 yet. The wifi fix does seem fixed so far, no issue with it, so i dunno , but I may revert for b-reader links.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-10-11 at 09:38 AM.
    02-10-11 09:30 AM
    Cbreze this is a know bug and to fix it to where you can click on a link just scroll to where you can see the link and click the enter button and that should allow you to select it.

cbreze likes this.
    02-10-11 10:23 AM
    Jaydee,

I've been following this thread for a while, but didn't have time to read the entire thing.

Have you determined what is the cause of your memory leak yet?

Thanks

- Jim
    02-10-11 10:38 AM
    Cbreze this is a know bug and to fix it to where you can click on a link just scroll to where you can see the link and click the enter button and that should allow you to select it.
    Thanks RR. I don't know how that one bug slipped past me, but it did. Working now.
    02-10-11 10:52 AM
    As I understand it, the exception errors and such seem to be related to the new coding for the SMS. If you delete all of your old SMS and/or MMS messages (nobody seems to know which one does it, so I archived and dumped all of them) you don't get the error. Mine runs clean.
    Some had it, I didn't. The cloning or duplicating of SMS msgs everytime I reboot is annoying though.
    02-10-11 10:53 AM
    Some had it, I didn't. The cloning or duplicating of SMS msgs everytime I reboot is annoying though.
    I haven't had that issue. But I typically don't keep SMS messages after I'm done with the conversation, so I might just miss that problem.

Do you know anything about how the new platform is different? Better or worse than 315?
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-10-11 at 11:52 AM.
    02-10-11 11:20 AM
    No i have not been able to determine the cause Its still horrendus... almost 20 MB after 2 hours today but what can I do? i believe it might be os6 itself and my device...which is a refurb i am hoping to camp out with vzw on the phone soon and get another device.hoping it will fix the problem...

Jaydee,

I've been following this thread for a while, but didn't have time to read the entire thing.

Have you determined what is the cause of your memory leak yet?

Thanks

- Jim
    Conan4372 likes this.
    02-10-11 12:42 PM
    Alright, thanks!

Best of luck to you, JayDee! Looks like you've been dealing with this for quite some time.

Please keep us posted!
    02-10-11 01:10 PM
    I haven't had that issue. But I typically don't keep SMS messages after I'm done with the conversation, so I might just miss that problem.

Do you know anything about how the new platform is different? Better or worse than 315?
    You mean the radio file, meh not quite as clear as 431 was.
    02-10-11 01:12 PM
    ok, sorry guys/gals, i'm stumped again and I remember a little way back Jim asking the same question. Idk if anyone got it figured out. I want to save a wp from an email, but for the life of me i can't figure it out wth am i doing wrong? theres no 'save image' option even if i click on the image. any suggestions?
    02-10-11 01:32 PM
    ok, sorry guys/gals, i'm stumped again and I remember a little way back Jim asking the same question. Idk if anyone got it figured out. I want to save a wp from an email, but for the life of me i can't figure it out wth am i doing wrong? theres no 'save image' option even if i click on the image. any suggestions?
    Are you sure there's no "Save Image" after you hit Menu. I had to scroll up to find it, second from the top.
    02-10-11 01:38 PM
    The photos that I have saved to my phone are all JPG format, and they work as wallpapers. Make sure that the photos in the email are a format that the phone can use. Just because you can see the photo in your email doesn't mean that you can save and use the photo.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-10-11 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling again
    02-10-11 01:40 PM
    Are you sure there's no "Save Image" after you hit Menu. I had to scroll up to find it, second from the top.
    yes, I'm positive-i checked again just to be sure. Its a pix I googled and copied to email to myself-is it possible it copy right protected and won't let me save it? When I clicked on the box to "get image" another box opened warning me that dwlding an image off the internet could expose my address. So I'm stumped.

02-10-11 01:43 PM
    The photos that I have saved to my phone are all JPG format, and they work as wallpapers. Make sure that the photos in the email are a format that the phone can use. Just because you can see the photo in yor email doesn't mean that you can save and use the photo.
    ok, TY hiker & Underway for your input

Honestly idk what format the image is, so maybe that could be part of the prob. I googled the pix to help someone out in the wp forum looking for Nicki minaj wp's.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-10-11 at 01:52 PM.
    02-10-11 01:46 PM
    yes, I'm positive-i checked again just to be sure. Its a pix I googled and copied to email to myself-is it possible it copy right protected and won't let me save it? When I clicked on the box to "get image" another box opened warning me that dwlding an image off the internet could expose my address. So I'm stumped.

Did you send it as an attachment?
    02-10-11 01:46 PM
23,186 ... 426427428429430 ...