Then why am I so nervous? I keep thinking something will go wrong

But then again - that is why I have all you ramblers to set it right!

Still installing...doing it's thang... scratch that - rebooting!
    see, its moving along smoothly before you know it, you'll be doin the "os dance" when its done! dont forget about your battery pulls!
    Yes, that's one thing you will realize Pink is that OS6 takes up a little more file space than OS5. But if you did not shrink this time, you will the next install! We will give you a list of things to delete and you will save some space that way, I promise you. Just get to know OS6 and where everything is right now. In a week or two, you can reinstall the OS and shrink it down and have a better idea of what you"ll be left with.

Look at me. I install an OS every week!
    yea i had no idea the file was that much larger jeez. So far i have one more batt pull to do, i've been poking around in between each pull, and honestly i really like it. my son is gonna play around with my phone tomorrow to see if he wants it too.

In a couple of weeks jaydee, i think i'll be ready to take on that shrinking deal.

TY everyone who helped me this evening! idk why you guys never told me to upgrade, i mean, like you wanted to keep it all to yourselves! sheesh!
    02-09-11 08:00 PM
    Pink as come over to OS6? Time for a drink now...
    02-09-11 08:03 PM
    You'll be having two, soon, because Dark Trilogy is coming out tonight, too!
    02-09-11 08:05 PM
    see, its moving along smoothly before you know it, you'll be doin the "os dance" when its done! dont forget about your battery pulls!

yea i had no idea the file was that much larger jeez. So far i have one more batt pull to do, i've been poking around in between each pull, and honestly i really like it. my son is gonna play around with my phone tomorrow to see if he wants it too.

In a couple of weeks jaydee, i think i'll be ready to take on that shrinking deal.

TY everyone who helped me this evening! idk why you guys never told me to upgrade, i mean, like you wanted to keep it all to yourselves! sheesh!
    It's done!!!!!! Going to restore my apps then do the first battery pull! yeah!
    P1nk - you were right - it didn't take much time at all - what was I worried about
    02-09-11 08:07 PM
    dont mind if i do Jimi-jaydee has me tanked up on gun and tonics! LOL
    i'll be dwld'ing that first thing tomorrow morning
    It's done!!!!!! Going to restore my apps then do the first battery pull! yeah!
    P1nk - you were right - it didn't take much time at all - what was I worried about
    YaY Hamster! ya made it through! we officially took the OS6 jump together!

its been an eventful OS'ing 6 kinda night, and with that, i say g'nite to all.
    02-09-11 08:17 PM
    So you are you two liking OS6, Pink and Hamster?
    02-09-11 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, will be looking for that in the morning.
    02-09-11 08:20 PM
    dont mind if i do Jimi-jaydee has me tanked up on gun and tonics! LOL

i'll be dwld'ing that first thing tomorrow morning

YaY Hamster! ya made it through! we officially took the OS6 jump together!

its been an eventful OS'ing 6 kinda night, and with that, i say g'nite to all.
    Oh yes! Themes are going back on tomorrow!
    Glad I dove in with you, girlfriend!
    And thanks to the rest of the ramblers - wouldn't have done it without you guys..
    Guns and tonics for everyone - we are all on OS6!
    02-09-11 08:21 PM
    So you are you two liking OS6, Pink and Hamster?
    Hey Jimi..
    So far not so bad. I likey I must admit it is a bit laggy, but then again I have only done 1 battery pull...and I know a couple more should settle it down.
    It does have quite a nice look and feel.
    I'll let you know more tomorrow!
    02-09-11 08:30 PM
    Hey Jimi..
    So far not so bad. I likey I must admit it is a bit laggy, but then again I have only done 1 battery pull...and I know a couple more should settle it down.
    It does have quite a nice look and feel.
    I'll let you know more tomorrow!
    Do not worry after you load a few themes you will not even know the diff.
    02-09-11 08:38 PM
    congrats on the move up to big boy and girl OS6.
    02-09-11 09:25 PM
    congrats on the move up to big boy and girl OS6.
    sorry for the misspell.
    02-09-11 09:27 PM
    I'm out of touch for a few hours and Pink and Hamster jump on BB 6!!! WTH, as my daughter says - I thought pigs would fly before I'd see that. Congrats on your upgrade guys. Give it a couple of days and you'll love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by princebb; 02-10-11 at 12:22 AM.
    02-09-11 10:11 PM
    Well with all the upgrade excitement going on, I decided to downgrade back to 431. That leak had far too many bugs, especially when 431 is so solid. I had the hybrid files on my PC, but decided I didn't want to bother.
    Congrat to Pink and Hamster for plucking up the courage to take the plunge. You'll need to guard against OS addiction now!
    02-09-11 11:37 PM
    I've been having an issue for a couple of days with outgoing email being sluggish and sometimes hanging up for a minute. I did all the usual checks, resent service books and it just wasn't right. So I decided yesterday afternoon to wipe my device and reinstall. Wow, what a difference, everything is alot snappier now, the browser is noticeably faster.

02-10-11 12:36 AM
    I've been having an issue for a couple of days with outgoing email being sluggish and sometimes hanging up for a minute. I did all the usual checks, resent service books and it just wasn't right. So I decided yesterday afternoon to wipe my device and reinstall. Wow, what a difference, everything is alot snappier now, the browser is noticeably faster.

Did you load 466 or 431?
    02-10-11 01:01 AM
    Did you load 466 or 431?
    I stayed with 431.

02-10-11 01:07 AM
    Probably a good move. I've not had any of the occasional issues that others have reported. I grabbed the older BBM (v.41) to replace the .46 that came with the 466 and my phone has been running as good as it did on 431. I'll stick with this one because the browser wifi issue is fixed.
    02-10-11 01:18 AM
    Probably a good move. I've not had any of the occasional issues that others have reported. I grabbed the older BBM (v.41) to replace the .46 that came with the 466 and my phone has been running as good as it did on 431. I'll stick with this one because the browser wifi issue is fixed.
    I agree, 431 is solid no doubt about it. I was thinking about 466, from what I hear has a few bugs and is no better than 431.

02-10-11 01:27 AM
    I agree, 431 is solid no doubt about it. I was thinking about 466, from what I hear has a few bugs and is no better than 431.

I wouldn't say that it's not any better than 431. If you use text messaging, the biggest thing is that the SMS app will now break apart the large messages into 160-character messages and send them as text messages instead of MMS(data) messages, like it did in the old Palm Treo. The other "big fix" is that the occasional inability of the browser to connect to the network when on WiFi is now fixed. Aside from that, I don't really know what's been fixed in this one.

Now, maybe when the 505 is leaked...
    02-10-11 01:34 AM
    Morning OS6'ers!!!!!!! WooHoo

All these trays do get getting used to. I can see now why everyone was chomping at the bit for themes!
    Me thinks I'll be changing that today!

So now what are you guys going to bug us about now??

BTW, Here's proof - before the themes are put back on my Bold

02-10-11 06:52 AM
    Hamster, Glad you and Pink jumped into the pool last night. Now we can help you with OS6 if you have any questions. Themes definitely make your phone look like it did before the upgrade. Dark Trilogy came out last night so there should be 4 of Al3azim's themes you can load, along with a link to several of Foppa's themes.

RR was here yesterday and said he prefers Foppa's themes. If you have questions on downloading them or configuring them, I bet he would be glad to help. There are also some different themes available for free in the themes forums. Personally, there are premium themes as well, but I will NEVER pay for a theme unless I'm paying Al3azim. Sorry, that's just MHO.

Enjoy looking around today to set up that new OS6 baby.
    02-10-11 06:58 AM
    Hamster, Glad you and Pink jumped into the pool last night. Now we can help you with OS6 if you have any questions. Themes definitely make your phone look like it did before the upgrade. Dark Trilogy came out last night so there should be 4 of Al3azim's themes you can load, along with a link to several of Foppa's themes.

RR was here yesterday and said he prefers Foppa's themes. If you have questions on downloading them or configuring them, I bet he would be glad to help. There are also some different themes available for free in the themes forums. Personally, there are premium themes as well, but I will NEVER pay for a theme unless I'm paying Al3azim. Sorry, that's just MHO.

Enjoy looking around today to set up that new OS6 baby.
    It's going to be a fun day
    Thanks for all your help Jaydee, and the rest of you guys! I think I will stick with al3azim's themes for now - my fave's have been converted!
    I may look at the others, but I know I will probably end up back with al3's.

So far so good on the install - no problems yet And if there are, I know where to go!
    02-10-11 07:07 AM
    I wouldn't say that it's not any better than 431. If you use text messaging, the biggest thing is that the SMS app will now break apart the large messages into 160-character messages and send them as text messages instead of MMS(data) messages, like it did in the old Palm Treo. The other "big fix" is that the occasional inability of the browser to connect to the network when on WiFi is now fixed. Aside from that, I don't really know what's been fixed in this one.

Now, maybe when the 505 is leaked...
    It's really not that much better than 431. With 431 you could exceed the 160 limit by going to MMS mode, 466 breaks it up...just a different angle on the same problem.

I haven't done any wifi browsing yet, it's been a very busy week, so I didn't even know the wifi bug was fixed.

466 is not a huge leap from 431, and with all the trouble of the disappearing SMS app and the uncaught exception errors when loading, I understand why many are passing it up.
    02-10-11 07:19 AM
    I'm grabbing 45 to see if that one clears up the scrolling issue I have.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-10-11 at 07:35 AM.
    02-10-11 07:26 AM
23,186 ... 425426427428429 ...