well, you guys, why didn't you mention something to me sooner! I would've understood I actually thought it was helping because the font was larger & I knew you guys/gals had issues with microscopic font on OS6, so I honestly didn't see the harm. So, my bad - i really was just trying to help

Well, none the less-everyone is happy now

I still haven't decided on a color yet tho I used this one because I knew it wasn't so neon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The neon is a bit much. But I know for sure the Ramblin' Queen would love purple!

02-08-11 09:55 PM
    well, you guys, why didn't you mention something to me sooner! I would've understood I actually thought it was helping because the font was larger & I knew you guys/gals had issues with microscopic font on OS6, so I honestly didn't see the harm. So, my bad - i really was just trying to help

Well, none the less-everyone is happy now

I still haven't decided on a color yet tho I used this one because I knew it wasn't so neon.

I can just feel the love oozing from the Ramblings! LOL

Pink....just an fyi....being that you and Jaydee are my go to peeps on here, I do like having a bit larger font for ya along with the color (this size is perfect IMHO)! It comes in handy when searching through 1,000,000 threads!!
    02-08-11 10:00 PM
    I got 466 loaded and running this afternoon. The upgrade itself was probably the smoothest BlackBerry upgrade I've done. It kept my sounds, theme (Xpress_6 by Al3azim) and everything. The only problem that I had was with the shrink. Neither BOSS or BBHYBRIDS tools got all of the video, and BOSS missed some of the fonts. It took me a good bit of the afternoon to get the Java folder shrunk enough to load.

Aside from the new SMS functionality, I'm not sure what is different. Maybe it's mostly under-the-hood stuff. Thoughts?
    02-08-11 11:24 PM
    I got 466 loaded and running this afternoon. The upgrade itself was probably the smoothest BlackBerry upgrade I've done. It kept my sounds, theme (Xpress_6 by Al3azim) and everything. The only problem that I had was with the shrink. Neither BOSS or BBHYBRIDS tools got all of the video, and BOSS missed some of the fonts. It took me a good bit of the afternoon to get the Java folder shrunk enough to load.

Aside from the new SMS functionality, I'm not sure what is different. Maybe it's mostly under-the-hood stuff. Thoughts?
    Underway, I saw something earlier about 466 sms. What is different. I've got it loaded and will do the install tomorrow.

02-08-11 11:29 PM
    Underway, I saw something earlier about 466 sms. What is different. I've got it loaded and will do the install tomorrow.

If you recall back to the Palm Treo days, you could type a SMS message and if the character count exceeded 160, it would break up the message and send the pieces in order. Much like the Beyond160 app does for our BlackBerry. That functionality is now built into the SMS app. The message doesn't get shifted to MMS anymore, which was an issue for those recipients that didn't have unlimited data plans or premium messaging, since those MMS messages are considered data.

Before you install, make sure that you delete all of your old SMS and MMS messages. With the change to the SMS app, the old messages have been causing Java errors at bootup. It seems that the only solution is to dump the old text messages. Some have said just SMS, and some just MMS, so nobody really seems to know for sure. I'd archive all of the text messages to my computer, then wipe them from the phone before doing the upgrade. Avoid the problem entirely.
    02-08-11 11:46 PM
    If you recall back to the Palm Treo days, you could type a SMS message and if the character count exceeded 160, it would break up the message and send the pieces in order. Much like the Beyond160 app does for our BlackBerry. That functionality is now built into the SMS app. The message doesn't get shifted to MMS anymore, which was an issue for those recipients that didn't have unlimited data plans or premium messaging, since those MMS messages are considered data.

Before you install, make sure that you delete all of your old SMS and MMS messages. With the change to the SMS app, the old messages have been causing Java errors at bootup. It seems that the only solution is to dump the old text messages. Some have said just SMS, and some just MMS, so nobody really seems to know for sure. I'd archive all of the text messages to my computer, then wipe them from the phone before doing the upgrade. Avoid the problem entirely.
    How does it compare to 431? How's the battery life?

Last edited by princebb; 02-09-11 at 12:11 AM.
    02-09-11 12:09 AM
    To add to the above 466 post, the browser doesn't have problems connecting via wifi anymore. Mine used to say unable to connect, sometimes twice, before letting me through the link

02-09-11 12:11 AM
    I agree this was a very smooth install. The "boss" worked very nicely for me this time shrinking everything I asked of it including the startup vid. It has not worked well shrinking stuff before.
    Since I rarely use sms it's no wonder I'm having a hard time finding what's new with 466. It's smooth enough. I hear 505 is "coming soon"? Sweet!

To add to the above 466 post, the browser doesn't have problems connecting via wifi anymore. Mine used to say unable to connect, sometimes twice, before letting me through the link
    I'll have to check this out as I was having issues with this before and just ended up leaving wifi mostly off.

Battery life seems just as good to me. Certainly no worse.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-09-11 at 12:20 AM.
    02-09-11 12:16 AM

It's probably a bit early to evaluate battery life. Now, having said that, I had awful battery drain with Shane's 431-based 448-450 hybrid with some 6.1 files in it. The battery life on my phone with that OS mix was bad enough that I went back to straight 431 as soon as I recognized that the battery wasn't gettng any better. I've been running this 466 for about six hours now, and after my battery pulls and fresh battery replacement, my drain with my normal usage has been just as good as with straight 431.

I had read about that, but it was an intermittant issue for me, so it didn't stand out that it had been fixed. Now that you mention it, I've not seen that problem since early this afternoon, when I still had 431. Cool.
    Last edited by Underway99; 02-09-11 at 12:43 AM.
    02-09-11 12:39 AM
    Any of you guys know if the new leaked 6.0 works with Verizon's PTT?
    02-09-11 12:48 AM
    Any of you guys know if the new leaked 6.0 works with Verizon's PTT?
    PTT is included in the release, but I don't know if it works.
    02-09-11 01:05 AM
    The biggest change I've found so far is this:

Other than that, there's some window dressing. Searching media, the characters you type turn orange. So far I'm liking the hybrid I'm running with the forsickssicks base, but it's way to early for a final opinion.

Edit - Also when you open a new link from a tab, it now opens next to the one you linked from, and not the last tab in the browser.
    02-09-11 05:35 AM

Pink....just an fyi....being that you and Jaydee are my go to peeps on here, I do like having a bit larger font for ya along with the color (this size is perfect IMHO)! It comes in handy when searching through 1,000,000 threads!!
    +1 on the font and color purple! I know when it's from P1nk!
    02-09-11 06:34 AM
    Well, well, finally cowboyed up! Great news, I'm sure there will be lots of help available, I'll be tied up for the whole weekend. You will be happy you did this once its done and you have a little time to get used to the new OS. BB6 is actually a very good OS.
    I've committed on here so I'm going to have to do it! lol!.
    Question: You guys have been talking about shrinking...do I need to do that I just don't want to have to do another step that I might mes up
    02-09-11 06:37 AM
    PTT is included in the release, but I don't know if it works.
    If I get the chance today or tomorrow maybe I'll load it up and see how it works.
    02-09-11 06:56 AM
    Thanks for the updates on the new OS from Underway, Skyboxer and Jim!
    I will definitely delete all the SMS/MMS on my phone first to avoid Java errors. Haven't I had enough trouble? lol

Battery life is a crap shoot. You can't tell that now anyway probably. I am worried about my memory leak but I am going to load it up and use it anyway. I'd be interested in a hybrid, too. Hmmm gonna cruise on over there and see.

Oh and +1 on the new font size and color, Pink!
    Very nice change! Thanks!!!
    02-09-11 07:28 AM
    Question: You guys have been talking about shrinking...do I need to do that I just don't want to have to do another step that I might mes up
    You don't have to shrink the OS. I do it to get rid of junk that I know I don't want, startup video,wallpapers, languages, fonts, games, vad, etc. It allows me to free up some memory. If this is your first upgrade I would probably do the upgrade without shrinking this time. It's not difficult but it's up to you. It just depends on your comfort level and how many guns and tonics you want to go through!

02-09-11 07:29 AM
    shrinking is not needed. We just do it cause it removes some of the crap that verizon loads on our phones. Your phone will run just fine if you dont shrink the os and more importantly it could be confusing if this is your first time, so i would not worry about shrinking anything.
    02-09-11 07:29 AM
    You don't have to shrink the OS. I do it to get rid of junk that I know I don't want, startup video,wallpapers, languages, fonts, games, vad, etc. It allows me to free up some memory. If this is your first upgrade I would probably do the upgrade without shrinking this time. It's not difficult but it's up to you. It just depends on your comfort level and how many guns and tonics you want to go through!

phew! Ok. No shrinking for me I'll just do a straight upgrade and see how that goes first. And then if I get adventurous, I will shrink. Yes, Dr. Prince, if need too many guns and tonics - we will have yet another topic for the show
    02-09-11 07:33 AM
    shrinking is not needed. We just do it cause it removes some of the crap that verizon loads on our phones. Your phone will run just fine if you dont shrink the os and more importantly it could be confusing if this is your first time, so i would not worry about shrinking anything.
    I don't like all that crap either!!! BUT - you guys are correct, for the first timer, simpler is better
    02-09-11 07:34 AM
    phew! Ok. No shrinking for me I'll just do a straight upgrade and see how that goes first. And then if I get adventurous, I will shrink. Yes, Dr. Prince, if need too many guns and tonics - we will have yet another topic for the show
    I am going to try BB Boss and hope that it gets the video and other items. Last time I tried it, it didn't work for me.

And I am running low on gun...time for a trip to the store!!
    02-09-11 07:35 AM
    OK boys and girls:

Dark Trilogy6 by Al3azim in beta!!!!

WooHoo!
    veeeeeeeery snazzy doll!
    The neon is a bit much. But I know for sure the Ramblin' Queen would love purple!

well prince, i honestly was ready for a color change, i was getting bored of the spicy pink or w/e it was called.lol. i like the purple color and this one which is dark slate blue.

TY TJ! but you'll still be able to pick me out of the crowd-i'll still be rocking some kind of purplish!

I like the idea that this is a new option in Os6. i hate when i'm clicking and clackin away a new tx msg and OOPS! field full! dammit, send, start new msg. what a PITA!

i'm going to check out that app, Beyond 160!
    +1 on the font and color purple! I know when it's from P1nk!
    its me! lol
    Oh and +1 on the new font size and color, Pink!
    Very nice change! Thanks!!!
    TY! i really wish you guys would've said something sooner. i don't want anyones eyes bleeding or browsers crashing from "speed flicking" thru my posts....... !ehem! JIM! LMAO!
    02-09-11 07:57 AM
    ya know hamster, being that your ante'ing up, i may have to follow. idk, we'll see.

as for the shrinkin thing, you can rid of alot of bloatware that your bb doesnt need and have more room for BW skins and BatteryEx skins! LOL
    02-09-11 08:00 AM
    ya know hamster, being that your ante'ing up, i may have to follow. idk, we'll see.

as for the shrinkin thing, you can rid of alot of bloatware that your bb doesnt need and have more room for BW skins and BatteryEx skins! LOL
    Oh girl! Have you noticed that Songbird started a new thread on FONTS????
    If you bought the Font App, and I know you did!!! the she is sharing fonts she has found, as are others. It's a neat way to download a few new ones to use without having to surf the web!!!

They use them for the Berry Weather.... I gotta figure out how to do that!!
    02-09-11 08:06 AM
    What is yalls favorite OS6 theme from ALZ3 ? If you had to pick just one ? I have 3 of them but like Newberry the best. Thanks to the Queen for telling me about his themes ! All hail the Queen !!

02-09-11 08:11 AM
23,186 ... 419420421422423 ...