FWIW, underway I used the 147mb and have excellent results.
    Thanks. Have you had the SMS issue that folks are writing about? There are lots of folks talking about their solution, but their success seems to be hit and miss.
    02-08-11 12:32 PM
    Thanks. Have you had the SMS issue that folks are writing about? There are lots of folks talking about their solution, but their success seems to be hit and miss.
    I haven't heard anything but some issue with amount of characters. I don't use sms but rarely so I'd have to look up the issue and try it out.
    02-08-11 12:34 PM
    I think it's the noobs that want to break your legs.
    Pffffft....noobs make me giggle!!!
    02-08-11 12:35 PM
    I have a working link to 466 if anyone needs it. I forgot to make my link to 333 private and it's had 69 hits. Glad RIM didn't find and close my acct.
    02-08-11 12:39 PM
    I haven't heard anything but some issue with amount of characters. I don't use sms but rarely so I'd have to look up the issue and try it out.
    Apparently, it has to do with restoring old SMS or MMS messages. It causes Java errors and the SMS/MMS applet icon to vanish from the home screen. Again, hit and miss. I don't do much with SMS either, and I don't save message strings, so I don't expect an issue. I just was just curious.

On another note, which shrink tool did you use? I read something about how Lyr's BBHYBRIDS tool is somewhat buggy with the new leak and that he'll have a new one posted in the next day or two. Did you use that one or the BB BOSS?
    02-08-11 12:42 PM
    I had 3 and 4 duplicates of text messages when my upgrade was done. i could delete the duplicates, but everytime I'd reboot they'd come back. I cleared the inbox.

Oh and I just noticed, I went from 260 free under 431 to 273 free under 466. No shrinking involved.
    02-08-11 12:43 PM
    I have a working link to 466 if anyone needs it. I forgot to make my link to 333 private and it's had 69 hits. Glad RIM didn't find and close my acct.
    Perhaps these noobs like having you around after all?
    02-08-11 12:44 PM
    Apparently, it has to do with restoring old SMS or MMS messages. It causes Java errors and the SMS/MMS applet icon to vanish from the home screen. Again, hit and miss. I don't do much with SMS either, and I don't save message strings, so I don't expect an issue. I just was just curious.

On another note, which shrink tool did you use? I read something about how Lyr's BBHYBRIDS tool is somewhat buggy with the new leak and that he'll have a new one posted in the next day or two. Did you use that one or the BB BOSS?
    The hybrids tool failed on some kind of error so I closed it and used the boss. I actually forgot to uncheck BBM and ended up shrinking it out. Just restored it and no issues. The boss shrunk everything I wanted, easy, startup vid and VAD also. I ended up with 314mb free after reinstalling BBM.
    02-08-11 01:07 PM
    OK so BB Boss it is for shrinking and the file I have at home I downloaded yesterday. If its the smaller of the two, I'm gonna need yours, Paul.
    That is, if there is something wrong with it being smaller?

Any impressions on battery life yet?
    02-08-11 01:17 PM
    OK so BB Boss it is for shrinking and the file I have at home I downloaded yesterday. If its the smaller of the two, I'm gonna need yours, Paul.
    That is, if there is something wrong with it being smaller?

I sent a PM to Willyboy an hour or so ago asking about the differences between the two archive files. I thought that he might have some insight, since he posted the links to both. No response yet.
    02-08-11 01:21 PM
    I've been off the charger for 6 hours and have dropped 5% with some moderate use. I'm not complaining.
    EDIT: I'm using the 1700mAh
    02-08-11 01:22 PM

I use bbhybrids tool, ignore the error, and it works fine. Tried BBBOSS, and found it missed too many files. I'm on an XP Pro system.
    02-08-11 01:36 PM
    Alright..so I have decided to upgrade....on the weekend. You guys better be around, with plenty of guns and tonics. I'm going to need them!
    I've been convinced by the royal court!
    I can always go back
    Well, well, finally cowboyed up! Great news, I'm sure there will be lots of help available, I'll be tied up for the whole weekend. You will be happy you did this once its done and you have a little time to get used to the new OS. BB6 is actually a very good OS.
    02-08-11 01:54 PM
    Still leaking, too...
    2 hours...down 20 MB!
    It will level off, but I dunno. Sometimes it keeps dropping right to -55MB...This refurb is fine. I hate to send it packing but do you think I should call VZW again and press the issue about a new device? I reboot every am and usually during the day at some point as well and things seem to work ok...

What do you guys and gals think?
    Don't see how it could be any worse, you should not have to deal with issues as serious as this. There is something wrong with that device, can't see any other explanation. Unfortunately not all devices are created equal.
    02-08-11 01:58 PM
    I use bbhybrids tool, ignore the error, and it works fine. Tried BBBOSS, and found it missed too many files. I'm on an XP Pro system.
    who let this character in our thread????

jaydee battery life seems about the same as 431 for me.
    02-08-11 01:58 PM
    I didn't have a problem with BBHybrids tool. Removed everything I wanted it to including start up video and VAD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 02:07 PM
    don't pick on me cuz I'm a noob. Does anyone know if I can install my Curve 8330 themes on my Bold now that I updated to 466?
    Sure can, no problem. Just don't expect to find and activate them!

Who opened the noob door?
    02-08-11 02:14 PM
    I have yet to break anyone's legs here But I am compiling a list!!!
    The weather is nice in Texas, why don't you drop by?

Can't see why I would be on your list.....
    02-08-11 02:18 PM
    PM it to me if you would. I will DL but not install til next week.

I had 3 and 4 duplicates of text messages when my upgrade was done. i could delete the duplicates, but everytime I'd reboot they'd come back. I cleared the inbox.

Oh and I just noticed, I went from 260 free under 431 to 273 free under 466. No shrinking involved.
    Interesting, after shrinking I have about 258MB free with .431. Tells me the shrink didn't work.
    02-08-11 02:23 PM
    ok, i hate to interupt all you techies talking leakies

I have a silly, yet valid question.
    I still have the doc/sheets/slideshow to go on my bb. Now i want to delete them because i don't ever think i will use them. I just did my weekly BBSak back up. If i deleted those to make that little bit of room on my device and ever needed them in the future, being that i have them backed up thru BBSak, I'd be able to restore them thru there correct?
    my other question i have, which idk if i'm loosing my mind, its very well possible - doesn't BatteryEx have a back up option within the app of its own like BeBuzz and QL do(i looked in BatEx and cant find it!). I could swear i did a back up of this app the other day from my device.......am i confusing this? like am i really loosing my mind thinking i did and i didn't?
    02-08-11 02:57 PM
    Paul and Jim, What do you guys think of .466? I've got it downloaded on my laptop and ready to go.

02-08-11 03:13 PM
    Was just talking to Paul and he said to check out thumbnail view in the 466 browser. He said it's cool!
    Browser/options...choose thumbnail. Then open browser and choose go to...check it out
    02-08-11 03:30 PM
    Keith, to be honest this os hasn't really wowed me much. Nothing wrong with it, I think I preferred Shane's hybrid with the added 6.1 files tho. Maybe I just haven't discovered the goodies yet.
    A side note tho, I did discover what's been making my browser crash. It's trying to speed scroll thru acres of huge pink font while in text wrap mode. Seriously. guess I gotta watch that.

02-08-11 03:33 PM
    how to access thumbnail view?

02-08-11 03:35 PM
    Keith, to be honest this os hasn't really wowed me much. Nothing wrong with it, I think I preferred Shane's hybrid with the added 6.1 files tho. Maybe I just haven't discovered the goodies yet.
    A side note tho, I did discover what's been making my browser crash. It's trying to speed scroll thru acres of huge pink font while in text wrap mode. Seriously. guess I gotta watch that.

Jim, I'm telling you that huge pink font is a killer on my browser too!

02-08-11 03:38 PM
23,186 ... 417418419420421 ...