You have made a great choice to upgrade. Just remember your present themes will not work you will have to re-download them to the OS 6 versions. And questions reach out. Below I have a link that will show you exactly what you will need and what to do, it is easy and fun.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    Cool - thanks Jimi...I guess I want to see what all you ramblers are so keen on
    I'm sure I'll get used to the awful browser.
    Besides one of the reason's I got the Bold was that it was upgradeable to OS6 and here I am twiddling my thumbs. It's time. Wish me luck
    02-08-11 07:35 AM
    Does anyone know if I can install this new 6.0.0.46 on my 9650 Bold? I'm on TBayTel not Verizon.
    02-08-11 07:48 AM
    LOL! You are soooooooooooo like me. That is one of the reasons I want it too..the icons...this batteryex skins and wallies and themes and BW icons... I won't have time for anything else! Oh ofcourse for all the detailed weather information as well
    oh yea.....the app is actually functional for the weather! thats right! LOL
    Question. In meterberry or other similar app how much device memory do you guys have. My application memory is 512 and my device is 12mb how much is your device memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I actually use BB Meter as suggested by jaydee. I have a link if you want to dwld it, its free. My device mem says 296mb free according to BB Meter.
    Don't know for sure,updates for me always seem to be just a bit smoother. Hey, now I got an idea, why not come on in, the waters fine.
    Seriously tho Pink, if your waiting for column view in the browser, you might as well wait for the moon to fall to earth 'cause I don't think it's happening. The next big thing will be 6.1 which will probably start to show up with the new releases scheduled for end of Q2. Still no column view is mentioned for those. I don't think RIM even has it on their future agenda as they are thinking of QNX after 6.1. So what if there's never a column view then? You just going to stay on good ol' 5 forever? As I've mentioned before I went back and forth many times before I decided 5 was just to crude compared to 6 even with it's lack of a column view. So just sayin' but people who sit on the fence usually fall off sooner or later.
    I agree Pink, if you're waiting for column view on BB 6 you're gonna have an awful long wait, it's not happening. This is what the browser is. Most of the time the browser is fine for me, CB is really the only site that I use Bolt for. Everything else about BB 6 more than makes up for a slight browser issue IMO. Go for it!

Jim & prince. I WANT to go to Os6, BUT this is whats holding me back, the browser. I'm on CB 95% of my time and I really really don't like Bolt. Trust me, I HAVE tried Bolt and tried to cope with it, I just don't care for it. I have .431 VzW loaded on my compt just sitting patiently. lol. But that whole browser thing has really got my undies in a bunch
    Right on Underway, it took 2 teams of mules to pull her over the threshold into BB6. I could hear the screams for her themes all the way from Texas!

And then the leaks began and I thought she was going to shoot each and every one of us, at least send Guido along for a knee job.
    I know Al3 has 3 themes ready for Os6, so that wouldn't be my quarm. It's using Bolt for the browser thats got me twisted.
    And you expected otherwise, why???
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-08-11 at 08:37 AM.
    02-08-11 07:48 AM
    Alright..so I have decided to upgrade....on the weekend. You guys better be around, with plenty of guns and tonics. I'm going to need them!
    I've been convinced by the royal court!
    I can always go back
    Now if only you can pull Pink along screaming and kicking behind you!

02-08-11 07:54 AM
    Mine is "VZW CrApps" and it is the fattest folder on my device!
    Why let the folder use up your realestate without paying rent? Hide the silly thing and you'll forget it is even on your device except for when you do a move to folder, it is in the list even though it is hidden. Best of both worlds.
    thanks Bob, I think I'm going to "hide" it now. I never did just because its another one of my OCD things. I need to know and see everything avail on my home screen. I have other folders as well, but nothing hidden. But I think I will take your advice for this one and hide on my son & my device
    At some point vzw will probably drop support for OS5, me thinks that is possibly when P!nk and Hamster will sliter over to BB6.
    I had my first bb, Curve 8330 in 2008 and it was shortly after that Os5 came out and 4.5 was dino at that point I used my 8330 till I got my Bold in Dec.2010 man, i loved my curvewhat a little tank!
    Once I had it downloaded, I lasted about an hour before putting it on my Bold. I'm like Roseanne Barr with a jelly donut when it comes to leaks.

Alright..so I have decided to upgrade....on the weekend. You guys better be around, with plenty of guns and tonics. I'm going to need them!
    I've been convinced by the royal court!
    I can always go back
    OOOOOHHHH SNAP! you brave woman! looks like i'll be the only sap on Os5 in here
    Still leaking, too...
    2 hours...down 20 MB!
    It will level off, but I dunno. Sometimes it keeps dropping right to -55MB...This refurb is fine. I hate to send it packing but do you think I should call VZW again and press the issue about a new device? I reboot every am and usually during the day at some point as well and things seem to work ok...

What do you guys and gals think?
    20mb over 2hrs!!!! i'd be hyperventilating(sp?) by now!

idk jaydee, maybe a call to just have it on record and see how the next week goes and decide from there if you should refurb or not.
    02-08-11 07:57 AM
    Does anyone know if I can install this new 6.0.0.46 on my 9650 Bold? I'm on TBayTel not Verizon.
    Sure you can, check for the wirelss update! haha

02-08-11 07:58 AM
    Did I see shenanigans going on in the castle over night? LMAO!!

Skyboxer, how does this SMS thing help my memory leak? Or are you saying the new OS might do it? I am thinking I will try and load it on Friday night. I am like Bob and have some time coming up on Thursday when I will need my phone desperately and can't chance it not working well and being fully installed.

How's the browser? I like Bolt more every day!
    Well I was really just pulling your chain a little, but I do recall that in the development process some features may appear, then disappear in later builds if that feature is found to cause problems. I'm wondering if that is the case with the automatic sms/mms mode switch.

I don't see any difference in the browser at all. You can view your bookmarks in thumbnail view now, but possibly it was there all along and I never noticed it because it wasn't the default view.

I've noticed an app conflict with weatherbug elite, and horrible battery life. Part of the battery life would be that the wifi is down at work so I was on 3G all night, but I'm wondering if the app conflict might have been eating battery too. I'm trying to reinstall the app now to see if the problems recur.

02-08-11 08:00 AM
    Running just fine. Text messages no longer switch to mms mode when over 160 char, even if its set to do so automatically. Dunno if that's a bug or something that was turned off on purpose for some reason. Maybe that will fix Jaydee's memory leak!
    Not getting any data through wifi either, but I'm at work and the wifi here has crapped out before.

perhaps they changed it because people sending a tx from a bb & it would convert, going to a "feature phone" would notify the feature phone as a new pix message and for people that dont really have a txing plan this does cost more. It used to be .25 per msg. idk what it is now. thats the only thing i can think of why it was changed.
    02-08-11 08:01 AM
    you noobs, i swear.....

psssst.... Hi Paul
    02-08-11 08:02 AM

i just went to the Fortune Teller, and she told me to look out for Hamsters chasing me!
    02-08-11 08:03 AM

And then the leaks began and I thought she was going to shoot each and every one of us, at least send Guido along for a knee job.
    or Paulie Walnuts will show up!
    02-08-11 08:17 AM
    Still leaking, too...
    2 hours...down 20 MB!
    It will level off, but I dunno. Sometimes it keeps dropping right to -55MB...This refurb is fine. I hate to send it packing but do you think I should call VZW again and press the issue about a new device? I reboot every am and usually during the day at some point as well and things seem to work ok...

What do you guys and gals think?
    Jaydee, I believe at this point it's all about how much you can tolerate. If your device is running fine otherwise and you have no other issues I might keep it. You know it's that old devil you know is better than the devil you don't know thing. Then again what's the chance that you would get another replacement device with leaky issues??

02-08-11 08:28 AM

I'm going to damn well try!!!
    02-08-11 10:54 AM
    i just went to the Fortune Teller, and she told me to look out for Hamsters chasing me!
    LMAO!!!! Watch out - my son has one of these Kungg Zhu ones that I can stick on you....They are relentless little hamsters
    02-08-11 10:56 AM
    you noobs, i swear.....

psssst.... Hi Paul
    don't pick on me cuz I'm a noob. Does anyone know if I can install my Curve 8330 themes on my Bold now that I updated to 466?
    02-08-11 11:02 AM
    I'm going to damn well try!!!
    UUUHHH-OH! She's a Hamster on a mission!
    LMAO!!!! Watch out - my son has one of these Kungg Zhu ones that I can stick on you....They are relentless little hamsters
    I gotta watch out for your son too!!! Holy ish! You guys in da'mob or what?!?! Lmao!
    don't pick on me cuz I'm a noob. Does anyone know if I can install my Curve 8330 themes on my Bold now that I updated to 466?
    ummmm yea sure go ahead! Thatll work out just fine...lemme know how you do with that

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-08-11 at 11:19 AM.
    02-08-11 11:11 AM
    Nevermind! I contract out for the muscle in this thread! Besides Paulie Walnuts is already here...

Now about this SMS/MMS thing. Jim, is this doing the same on your phone? I really liked that feature.

And Jim, about your themes when you upgraded. Am I going to lose all my installed OS6 themes? I have 7 already. I don't want to have to download again.
    02-08-11 11:11 AM
    J Then again what's the chance that you would get another replacement device with leaky issues??

@prince- MY chances? My chances of getting another leaky device are (over/under) 99.999%
    I will, I'm sure!

@pcgizmo-I have lots of wonderful themes for 8330 that you can have for your Bold. I couldn't use them before because I didn't have enough memory but your Bold has plenty now so try them!
    02-08-11 11:28 AM
    I have yet to break anyone's legs here But I am compiling a list!!!
    02-08-11 11:32 AM
    PC, you said that you loaded the 466 leak, right? What source did you use for the leaked file? I grabbed it twice yesterday from two different sources (the only links in the initial post) and the archived files are different. One is 147MB, and the other is 144MB. Which did you use?
    02-08-11 11:41 AM
    Nevermind! I contract out for the muscle in this thread! Besides Paulie Walnuts is already here...

Now about this SMS/MMS thing. Jim, is this doing the same on your phone? I really liked that feature.

And Jim, about your themes when you upgraded. Am I going to lose all my installed OS6 themes? I have 7 already. I don't want to have to download again.
    Are you talking about the limit being raised on sms character amounts transfering to mms? I can't comment on it because I'm not using sms at all. Just a bbm and email kinda guy. As for the themes I had one purchased theme that came over and was reinstalled fine. I used apploader btw. The themes I made from TB-6 did not transfer over. I did a save to DM, but haven't tried to reload it yet.
    I used BB boss to do my shrinking and it did everything I checked off including the startup vid and VAD. It also removed BBM, oopps! I had to go back and reinstall it, so be careful what you have checked. The Boss worked as advertised this time, for whatever reason unknown it did not before.
    02-08-11 12:24 PM
    PC, you said that you loaded the 466 leak, right? What source did you use for the leaked file? I grabbed it twice yesterday from two different sources (the only links in the initial post) and the archived files are different. One is 147MB, and the other is 144MB. Which did you use?
    147MB. Want me to upload it for you?
    02-08-11 12:26 PM
    FWIW, underway I used the 147mb and have excellent results.
    02-08-11 12:27 PM
    I have yet to break anyone's legs here But I am compiling a list!!!
    I think it's the noobs that want to break your legs.
    02-08-11 12:29 PM
    147MB. Want me to upload it for you?
    Thanks, no. I have it, but just was not sure which was the good one, or if there is a significant difference between them.
    02-08-11 12:30 PM
23,186 ... 416417418419420 ...