I dislike all that crap as well. I do what jaydee -does put in a folder and hide it away.
    Well...QL has an update eh? Might be time to jump in and get it now
    One step at a time.
    Does the paid BerryWeather ever go on sale?
    And then OS 6, right o' Queen??
    I just don't hide the folder, but I do put it at the bottom of all my icons.

BerryWeather does go on sale sometimes, ya just gotta catch it. I think I'm gonna ditch the free versh I have & get the paid one as well-theres a lot more nifty stuff to do, like change the skin icon I have pink ones stored on my bb all ready for it

Edit: Btw Hamster, QL is pretty easy to set up I usually don't have patience or the attention span/focus for stuff like that & I got through it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-07-11 at 09:08 PM.
    02-07-11 08:50 PM

BerryWeather does go on sale sometimes, ya just gotta catch it. I think I'm gonna ditch the free versh I have & get the paid one as well-theres a lot more nifty stuff to do, like change the skin icon I have pink ones stored on my bb all ready for it

LOL! You are soooooooooooo like me. That is one of the reasons I want it too..the icons...this batteryex skins and wallies and themes and BW icons... I won't have time for anything else! Oh ofcourse for all the detailed weather information as well
    02-07-11 09:08 PM
    Question. In meterberry or other similar app how much device memory do you guys have. My application memory is 512 and my device is 12mb how much is your device memory?

02-07-11 09:21 PM
    Question. In meterberry or other similar app how much device memory do you guys have. My application memory is 512 and my device is 12mb how much is your device memory?
    I don't have meterberry. What do you show under your storage mem? I have 319mb there. Is there a way to read ram without an app like MB?
    02-07-11 09:28 PM
    Jim, anything diff with the browser on 466? [/color][/font][/size][/b]
    Don't know for sure,updates for me always seem to be just a bit smoother. Hey, now I got an idea, why not come on in, the waters fine.
    Seriously tho Pink, if your waiting for column view in the browser, you might as well wait for the moon to fall to earth 'cause I don't think it's happening. The next big thing will be 6.1 which will probably start to show up with the new releases scheduled for end of Q2. Still no column view is mentioned for those. I don't think RIM even has it on their future agenda as they are thinking of QNX after 6.1. So what if there's never a column view then? You just going to stay on good ol' 5 forever? As I've mentioned before I went back and forth many times before I decided 5 was just to crude compared to 6 even with it's lack of a column view. So just sayin' but people who sit on the fence usually fall off sooner or later.
    02-07-11 10:25 PM
    I agree Pink, if you're waiting for column view on BB 6 you're gonna have an awful long wait, it's not happening. This is what the browser is. Most of the time the browser is fine for me, CB is really the only site that I use Bolt for. Everything else about BB 6 more than makes up for a slight browser issue IMO. Go for it!

02-07-11 10:54 PM
    Thank you guys and gal!!!!
    I figured since Bob named me, it was an appropriate title. Just an FYI Jim, when you hit the Genius of Geniuses level (5000 posts), you can request your own forums title. So I wrote to Adam Zeis and asked him for this title and he approved it today! Yay!
    Now that's a very cool moniker, even if I did sugest it, I think it properly describes JayDee. Congrats your majesty!
    02-07-11 11:18 PM
    Listen to you! Talking about OS6 like a pro that's run it since the first leak. As I recall, it wasn't all that long ago that we were dragging YOU kicking and screaming to OS6, very similar to how you're cajoling Hamster and P1nk right now. "MY THEMES! MY THEMES! I WON'T GO WITHOUT MY THEMES!"

I guess that copious quantities of gun helped...
    Right on Underway, it took 2 teams of mules to pull her over the threshold into BB6. I could hear the screams for her themes all the way from Texas!

And then the leaks began and I thought she was going to shoot each and every one of us, at least send Guido along for a knee job.
    02-07-11 11:25 PM
    Doc, I need some help. 431 runs perfect for me but theres a new one out that might be better. Its new and shiny and unofficial, just like 431 was back a few days ago. I would have to reregister all my apps and it would kill my meterberry battery hogging test. I shouldnt load it up, but it just might be better.
    If anyone needs me, I'll be the one in the corner rocking and muttering.
    Don't hog the corner, I think there may be others of us joining you. If I can find the time tomorrow I might just give it a go. Got to be careful that I don't brick my Baby, I'm going to be leading a support team for a spiritual retreat type of event and my Baby Bold is a crucial tool for the weekend. I may get cold feet and wait til next week.
    02-07-11 11:31 PM
    Hey! I've been running OS6 since 280 (Early November). I only missed the first leak. And even if I joined late; I certainly learned enough about it now, didn't I????

Besides, as the QUEEN, I reserve the right to question subjects. LMAO!!!!
    Adjustable Tiara??

HHmnm, titles are revocable.

(Yeah, I'm ducking)
    02-07-11 11:34 PM
    ohhhh you guys are cruel, relentless! lmao!

And you expected otherwise, why???
    02-07-11 11:43 PM
    Adjustable Tiara??

HHmnm, titles are revocable.

(Yeah, I'm ducking)
    Bob, you better duck. The Queen's gonna give you a good backhand!

02-07-11 11:45 PM
    ty jaydee that's what I did. I have a folder labeled for "VzW Apps" and any crap sb's they push through we just put in there. It really is annoying though! Lol.

Mine is "VZW CrApps" and it is the fattest folder on my device!
    02-07-11 11:46 PM

Edit: Btw Hamster, QL is pretty easy to set up I usually don't have patience or the attention span/focus for stuff like that & I got through it

Why let the folder use up your realestate without paying rent? Hide the silly thing and you'll forget it is even on your device except for when you do a move to folder, it is in the list even though it is hidden. Best of both worlds.
    02-07-11 11:49 PM
    Don't know for sure,updates for me always seem to be just a bit smoother. Hey, now I got an idea, why not come on in, the waters fine.
    Seriously tho Pink, if your waiting for column view in the browser, you might as well wait for the moon to fall to earth 'cause I don't think it's happening. The next big thing will be 6.1 which will probably start to show up with the new releases scheduled for end of Q2. Still no column view is mentioned for those. I don't think RIM even has it on their future agenda as they are thinking of QNX after 6.1. So what if there's never a column view then? You just going to stay on good ol' 5 forever? As I've mentioned before I went back and forth many times before I decided 5 was just to crude compared to 6 even with it's lack of a column view. So just sayin' but people who sit on the fence usually fall off sooner or later.
    At some point vzw will probably drop support for OS5, me thinks that is possibly when P!nk and Hamster will sliter over to BB6.
    02-07-11 11:53 PM
    Don't hog the corner, I think there may be others of us joining you. If I can find the time tomorrow I might just give it a go. Got to be careful that I don't brick my Baby, I'm going to be leading a support team for a spiritual retreat type of event and my Baby Bold is a crucial tool for the weekend. I may get cold feet and wait til next week.
    Once I had it downloaded, I lasted about an hour before putting it on my Bold. I'm like Roseanne Barr with a jelly donut when it comes to leaks.

02-08-11 12:45 AM
    Skyboxer, How's it running for you?

02-08-11 12:52 AM
    Skyboxer, How's it running for you?

Running just fine. Text messages no longer switch to mms mode when over 160 char, even if its set to do so automatically. Dunno if that's a bug or something that was turned off on purpose for some reason. Maybe that will fix Jaydee's memory leak!
    Not getting any data through wifi either, but I'm at work and the wifi here has crapped out before.

02-08-11 01:49 AM

Did I see shenanigans going on in the castle over night? LMAO!!

Skyboxer, how does this SMS thing help my memory leak? Or are you saying the new OS might do it? I am thinking I will try and load it on Friday night. I am like Bob and have some time coming up on Thursday when I will need my phone desperately and can't chance it not working well and being fully installed.

How's the browser? I like Bolt more every day!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-08-11 at 06:45 AM.
    02-08-11 06:42 AM
    At some point vzw will probably drop support for OS5, me thinks that is possibly when P!nk and Hamster will sliter over to BB6.
    Alright..so I have decided to upgrade....on the weekend. You guys better be around, with plenty of guns and tonics. I'm going to need them!
    I've been convinced by the royal court!
    I can always go back
    02-08-11 06:52 AM
    Right on Underway, it took 2 teams of mules to pull her over the threshold into BB6. I could hear the screams for her themes all the way from Texas!

And then the leaks began and I thought she was going to shoot each and every one of us, at least send Guido along for a knee job.
    Still leaking, too...
    2 hours...down 20 MB!
    It will level off, but I dunno. Sometimes it keeps dropping right to -55MB...This refurb is fine. I hate to send it packing but do you think I should call VZW again and press the issue about a new device? I reboot every am and usually during the day at some point as well and things seem to work ok...

What do you guys and gals think?
    02-08-11 06:52 AM
    Watch out for flying scepters!

Still leaking, too...
    2 hours...down 20 MB!
    It will level off, but I dunno. Sometimes it keeps dropping right to -55MB...This refurb is fine. I hate to send it packing but do you think I should call VZW again and press the issue about a new device? I reboot every am and usually during the day at some point as well and things seem to work ok...

What do you guys and gals think?
    It pretty much boils down to your level of tolerance. If it were me I'd give them a call and try for another refurb. Then at least I'd feel good about wondering what they might do for me. If they say no, or either way, then I'd have fun putting a new hybrid or update on it.

As for this new leak funny thing while I think it runs fine, my homemade themes aren't running as smooth. Now I was perfectly fine with SCrids latest hybrid and everything was smooth as silk. I'm wondering if having those 6.1 files on his hybrid made some difference. Gonna hang with this although I'm using the stock theme now for better smoothness.
    I've gotta go out today, but later this eve I'm going to try for another theme. The TB is acting funky also and it seems some of it's functionality has just disappeared. I can no longer move the clock or anything else around on the top banner anymore like I used to. Weird. That function just vanished. Might try a fresh download. JD, if you want to mix it up a bit try Shanes hybrid with the 6.1 files. It ran really sweet. I may go back to it.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-08-11 at 07:08 AM.
    02-08-11 06:58 AM
    Alright..so I have decided to upgrade....on the weekend. You guys better be around, with plenty of guns and tonics. I'm going to need them!
    I can always go back
    Yay!!! On the weekend I will be around so if you have trouble you can post and we will walk you through it.
    I'm gonna do mine on Friday night, too I think.
    02-08-11 07:09 AM
    I can always go back
    You have made a great choice to upgrade. Just remember your present themes will not work you will have to re-download them to the OS 6 versions. And questions reach out. Below I have a link that will show you exactly what you will need and what to do, it is easy and fun.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    02-08-11 07:16 AM
    Yay!!! On the weekend I will be around so if you have trouble you can post and we will walk you through it.
    I'm gonna do mine on Friday night, too I think.
    Thanks...I'll probably light the boards up...or maybe not - I have had great instructions from you!
    02-08-11 07:32 AM
23,186 ... 415416417418419 ...