Jim, with OCD!!! Now that's a Dr. Prince Special!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 02:30 PM
    ok another question---i dl'd BB Meter-is there an option to change the temp from Celcius to Fahrenheit? I looked in options within the app, but did not find anything. Thank you

EDIT: Nm, I did a search and see its Celsius only.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-06-11 at 04:05 PM.
    02-06-11 03:59 PM
    Jim, you with OCD?
    Overly Cautious w/Devices. What'd you think it meant?
    You should be getting a refurb from verizon, your mem leak is pretty outrageous.
    02-06-11 06:30 PM
    [QUOTE=hamsterwheel;6028647]
    LOL, i'm spending today straightening up before game time!

Congrats on "Abuser Status"

Thanks! Abuser..ha feels quite apropos since I'm so addicted! lol!

Getting ready for game time here as well!!!
    Yes, congratulation on reaching the new level. Be careful how you throw the "addicted" word around, before you know it you'll be an "Crackberry Addict". Must be another Dr. Prince show topic!
    02-06-11 06:35 PM
    With this dysfunctional family I think the Dr. Prince show has more topics than shows. I might have to buy my own network. Look out Oprah!

02-06-11 07:30 PM
    With this dysfunctional family I think the Dr. Prince show has more topics than shows. I might have to buy my own network. Look out Oprah!

+1, Chuckle.
    02-06-11 07:57 PM
    Well, to ramble on back to a previous topic, using battery ex instead of meterberry does seem to improve battery life. After 12 hours off charge I'm at 68%, which is about 20-25% more than I am used to. My usage has been a bit lighter today so the degree of improvement may not be as great at it seems. We'll see what a regular workday brings.
    02-06-11 10:50 PM
    Well, to ramble on back to a previous topic, using battery ex instead of meterberry does seem to improve battery life. After 12 hours off charge I'm at 68%, which is about 20-25% more than I am used to. My usage has been a bit lighter today so the degree of improvement may not be as great at it seems. We'll see what a regular workday brings.
    I have found that I can minimize the battery drain with MeterBerry by selecting the 60 minute update rate. It defaults to 30 minutes, which is fine for doing troubleshooting, but 60 minutes is adequate for routine monitoring. Remember also that MB really seems to work better as a tool for occasional use.

While the developer says that the latest version (2.5) is optimized for OS6, some have reported that MB w/OS6 does not seem to work as well as it did on OS5. Personally, I have found that MB displays system values that fluctuate more than they did with OS5. Maybe that's just a difference in how the OS reports the values. I still use it, but I just don't implicitly trust MB quite like I did before.
    02-06-11 11:14 PM
    [QUOTE=BoDeb;6029268]

Yes, congratulation on reaching the new level. Be careful how you throw the "addicted" word around, before you know it you'll be an "Crackberry Addict". Must be another Dr. Prince show topic!
    Thanks, Bob...I already have a crackberry problem Dr. Prince will be super busy with this lot we have
    02-07-11 07:19 AM
    Ramblers, we have a problem.
    I posted in the batteryex app thread, but maybe you smarty pants might be able to help me

So everything went well when I installed a skin to try so I went and installed a few more....but, when I go to Batteryex to check which one I want to use, it doesn't take - I mean the notification skin does not change? I didn't do anything different in installing the others then on my "test" one??? Hmmm.
    Also, is the icon itself supposed to change?

On another point - do I need both BBMeter and BatteryEX?

TIA!
    02-07-11 07:24 AM
    Ramblers, we have a problem.
    I posted in the batteryex app thread, but maybe you smarty pants might be able to help me

So everything went well when I installed a skin to try so I went and installed a few more....but, when I go to Batteryex to check which one I want to use, it doesn't take - I mean the notification skin does not change? I didn't do anything different in installing the others then on my "test" one??? Hmmm.
    Also, is the icon itself supposed to change?

On another point - do I need both BBMeter and BatteryEX?

TIA!
    Hamster:

This is a screen shot of BattEx icon. See the magic wand? That's my icon. When I click it, it goes to the next screen:

On this screen we see Memory icon and skin. The magic wand is my skin for the app. I have it set to measure battery usage (level) only.

The memory icon can be skinned as well but no one has really done that in the thread much.

As far as having both BBMeter and BattEx...yes. They measure different things. The memory icon only gives you a chance to "recover free memory". That's it. No listing, no log, nothing fancy. I just use BattEx for the pretty skins and the level.
    02-07-11 07:50 AM
    Now Hamster, as far as the notification skin not changing:
    The skins have to be on your storage card in the directory:
    Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/

When you open the skins icon on the app, you should see a preview icon. Choose it and it should change on your device.

If this isn't working, uninstall and reinstall the app or go to the version 1.5 instead!
    02-07-11 07:55 AM
    Now Hamster, as far as the notification skin not changing:
    The skins have to be on your storage card in the directory:
    Blackberry/m4dev/skins/BatteryEx/

When you open the skins icon on the app, you should see a preview icon. Choose it and it should change on your device.

If this isn't working, uninstall and reinstall the app or go to the version 1.5 instead!
    I checked and the skins are in the right directory. I don't see a preview icon?
    The version I have is 2.0.0110125 and it's the paid one.
    Where do I find 1.5?

edit: ok so the trial skin I installed has the preview icon, but the others don't. hmmm. I'll have to go back and reinstall the skins - cuz maybe I did something wrong there. I'll keep you posted.

YEAHHH!!! I figured it out. I had a folder within the folder of the icon set...(and it clearly states in the instructions not to...sheesh.)

thanks!
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 02-07-11 at 09:29 AM.
    02-07-11 08:18 AM
    jaydee, I noticed your BatteryEx app has "standby mode" options. I dlwd the paid vers for 5.0 and mine does not. any ideas?

P1nk - I think I have the same version as you and I have the standby mode?
    But - when I do enable it - it just puts the keyboard into lock not standby so I'm not even using it right now.
    02-07-11 08:40 AM
    P1nk - I think I have the same version as you and I have the standby mode?
    But - when I do enable it - it just puts the keyboard into lock not standby so I'm not even using it right now.
    lmao! I deleted my post but you grabbed it before it went thru! LOL. I fig'd it out. So my dumb @$$ move for the day was when I dwld BattEx yest, I didn't go into the "about" screen and ACTiVATE it oops! *face palm* lmao! I just did it before righjt after I posted that & realized what I didn't do, and deleted my post.

My mind is a little slooooooooow yest & today, need more coffee

TY anyway hamster!

02-07-11 09:47 AM
    lmao! I deleted my post but you grabbed it before it went thru! LOL. I fig'd it out. So my dumb @$$ move for the day was when I dwld BattEx yest, I didn't go into the "about" screen and ACTiVATE it oops! *face palm* lmao! I just did it before righjt after I posted that & realized what I didn't do, and deleted my post.

My mind is a little slooooooooow yest & today, need more coffee

TY anyway hamster!

HaHaa....I had that "moment" as well...about battex...see all my posts.
    Didn't realize that I had extra folder and I was posting all over the place that it's not working....but it was user errorr
    All is GOOD now!!!
    02-07-11 09:55 AM
    HaHaa....I had that "moment" as well...about battex...see all my posts.
    Didn't realize that I had extra folder and I was posting all over the place that it's not working....but it was user errorr
    All is GOOD now!!!
    lol, we all have/had our moments, we are after all human I'm glad you've fig'd it out

02-07-11 10:44 AM
    Kinda glad you mentioned you were having problems this morning Hamster because it prompted me to look at my copy of BatteryEx and I realized I hadn't upgraded to the newest version. So I did that today as well!
    So thanks!
    02-07-11 01:03 PM
    Kinda glad you mentioned you were having problems this morning Hamster because it prompted me to look at my copy of BatteryEx and I realized I hadn't upgraded to the newest version. So I did that today as well!
    So thanks!
    You are welcome. So glad that my duh moments can help someone out, lol!
    02-07-11 01:35 PM
    prince, I noticed in the "new bb user" thread you posted about BerryPopUp. How do you like this app. I was checking it out. It drives me nuts when I'm in the middle of something & a tx or email comes in & I have to stop what I'm doing to see who/what its about etc.

What's your take on it? Good? Great? Excellent?

Thanks.

02-07-11 01:44 PM
    Sky, I'm glad to see you've seen a diff in batt life. although, like you said your usage was a little lighter yesterday. IMO, I would keep watch for about a week and then average out your battery life usage to get a little more of an accurate number
    Btw, what is your avatar sup'd to be? Lol. It looks like an otter with a sky diving mask on. Lol

02-07-11 01:47 PM
    prince, I noticed in the "new bb user" thread you posted about BerryPopUp. How do you like this app. I was checking it out. It drives me nuts when I'm in the middle of something & a tx or email comes in & I have to stop what I'm doing to see who/what its about etc.

What's your take on it? Good? Great? Excellent?

Thanks.

Pink, That's exactly what I love about BerryPopup. I receive a ton of texts and emails every day for work. Using BerryPopup I can be in the middle of something like responding to a previous message when I receive another message, which happens all the time, everyday. With BP I can check the new incoming message without being interrupted. It's great you can reply to the message right from the screen, ignore it, open the mailbox or delete it completely. BP is customizable too. It's a nice little app that saves me some time.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-07-11 02:24 PM
    Jaydee, I just noticed your new status. I like it!.....My Ramblin' Queen!! You now have a permanent spot on the Dr. Prince Show. (even when you're not the subject) hahaha

02-07-11 02:49 PM
    Pink, That's exactly what I love about BerryPopup. I receive a ton of texts and emails every day for work. Using BerryPopup I can be in the middle of something like responding to a previous message when I receive another message, which happens all the time, everyday. With BP I can check the new incoming message without being interrupted. It's great you can reply to the message right from the screen, ignore it, open the mailbox or delete it completely. BP is customizable too. It's a nice little app that saves me some time.

great thanks! I may put this on my dwld list next. I just loaded up 2 apps over the weekend, BB Meter and Battery Ex, and I want to wait a few days in between just to be on the safe side
    Jaydee, I just noticed your new status. I like it!.....My Ramblin' Queen!! You now have a permanent spot on the Dr. Prince Show. (even when you're not the subject) hahaha

OoOoOoOoO!! I'm on wap & can't see this right now, I'll have to check it out later from my laptop!

02-07-11 03:04 PM
    JayDee IS the Ramblin' Queen. Don't know what strings got pulled to get that up there but how appropriate! You rock Ramblin' Queen. Big congrats on your (now) "official moniker.
    02-07-11 03:05 PM
23,186 ... 412413414415416 ...