BatteryEx also has a memory display, which you can use to track your memory usage.
    Underway...so does this mean I don't need BB Meter? I can delete it? Thanks!
    02-06-11 07:31 AM
    Thanks! I downloaded it last night...and it's great! Now my Bold is starting to look snazzy
    Have you downloaded any skins for the BatteryEx meter?
    Go to the 3rd party thread and subscribe. They post up new skins everyday for it. You'll be so busy changing skins for BatteryEX and wallpaper and using Al3azim's themes that you won't have time to make phone calls.

Oh yes, your phone makes calls, too!!!!!
    02-06-11 08:29 AM
    Have you downloaded any skins for the BatteryEx meter?
    Go to the 3rd party thread and subscribe. They post up new skins everyday for it. You'll be so busy changing skins for BatteryEX and wallpaper and using Al3azim's themes that you won't have time to make phone calls.

Oh yes, your phone makes calls, too!!!!!
    Skins are my next project Thanks for the link!
    It makes calls?? Lol!
    I;m having wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much fun with my BB. Who needs an iToy, to quote Bob???
    02-06-11 08:45 AM
    Is "settling" still as much of an issue as it once was? As I understand it, back in the OS4 days, it took a few days for an OS to settle in after loading. From what I read now, it's not so important anymore. Yes? No?
    To be honest I was just quoting the age old BB line for that new os someone just installed somewhere in the world. "It needs a coupla days to settle".
    I never thought much of this mainly because it never seems to apply to me and my BB use. Whenever I change an os it works the same right now not after the so-called settling time. What is that, like the old fashioned break in period on the cars of the sixties?
    My battery life is unchanged no matter which os I run, no matter how many reboots ,batt pulls I do it seemingly makes no diff so I'm not convinced. This has been my experience and my $.02 FWIW.
    There has been some discussion that the OS6.1 files in Shane's hybrid might cause exessive battery drain.
    I have not experienced any diff battery usage using the 6.1 files in Shane's hybrid.
    Last edited by cbreze; 02-06-11 at 09:45 AM.
    02-06-11 09:41 AM
    Thanks! I downloaded it last night...and it's great! Now my Bold is starting to look snazzy
    w00t!! YaY for a snazzy bb hamster! I'm gonna check out that Battery Ex app also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 09:46 AM
    btw, for all those discussing an "OS settling in" I never quite understood that either. It makes sense to do your 3 batt pulls, but as far as settling? Idk, that one always confused me.

02-06-11 09:49 AM
    w00t!! YaY for a snazzy bb hamster! I'm gonna check out that Battery Ex app also.

Oh - you will love it!...I just figured out how to install skins, so watch out...now to go "shopping" for different ones! I seriously need to stop though..I have loads of laundry and vacuming to do and I've just been playing all morning on BB
    02-06-11 09:58 AM
    Good morning Ramblers, I'm posting a report on my Baby Bold's condition following installation of the hybrid Shane released.
    • After 8.5 hours only -0.3 MB
    • Too soon to tell how the battery is doing, just came off the charger on my nightstand an hour or so ago.
    • Camera, see pic below.
    Once again, I was not able to do much good with the shrinkers. I attempted to dump VAD, to no avail. Not sure how much other stuff at this point didn't get dumped. I can't figure out why the shrinkers don't seem to work on my PC. I'll have to tinker with that when I have some time.

I also was not able to do the update by starting loader.exe, it only did what it thought the changes to apps that I wanted done. Not even sure it really did that. I tried to start from BBSAK with the same result so I wiped it with BBSAK and then started the loader, it worked that time.

I can't figure out if there is something going on with my PC or what that causes these things to occur. I do know that I need to at least run a repair on my OS (Win7 - Ultimate) and maybe a reinstall. Will also have to wait til I have some time to mess with it.
    02-06-11 10:01 AM
    I can't believe YOU wasted a gun and tonic. I can believe YOU WASTED

Friends are visiting in Glen Falls - he mentioned sleet! Whereas my smarter sister is visiting Santa Barbara.
    That's about 60 miles north of me. Last night I went to a concert at a nearby high school and on the way home we had THUNDER and Lightning and HAIL!!!
    My poor car. I was so worried about it! What crazy weather
    02-06-11 10:09 AM
    Good morning Ramblers, I'm posting a report on my Baby Bold's condition following installation of the hybrid Shane released.
    • Too soon to tell how the battery is doing, just came off the charger on my nightstand an hour or so ago.
    • Camera, see pic below.
    Once again, I was not able to do much good with the shrinkers. I attempted to dump VAD, to no avail. Not sure how much other stuff at this point didn't get dumped. I can't figure out why the shrinkers don't seem to work on my PC. I'll have to tinker with that when I have some time.
    Bob, Glad the reinstall fixed the camera!
    And sounds like the leak is gone, too.
    I used both shrinkers and I wasn't able to dump VAD or PTT either. ANd the video stays until I remove it with BBSAK....weird.
    02-06-11 10:16 AM
    That's about 60 miles north of me. Last night I went to a concert at a nearby high school and on the way home we had THUNDER and Lightning and HAIL!!!
    My poor car. I was so worried about it! What crazy weather
    You can move to the Republic of Texas, we had just a little of that white stuff on Friday which should have satisfied all of the norhteasterners who wisely moved here. Now, we have a beautiful day all the white stuff is gone the temp is 58 and climbing. I may have to head to the golf course after church since I have not played in almost 2 weeks.
    02-06-11 10:18 AM
    I used both shrinkers and I wasn't able to dump VAD or PTT either. ANd the video stays until I remove it with BBSAK....weird.
    Same here on the vid, I may have to remove with BBSAK, wondering if I can remove VAD with it. PTT is just one of those DL icons as I understand it so if that is correct I don't care about it since if I remove it vzw will be happy to send me another. I do want to get rid of VAD, maybe a project for later in the day or night....
    02-06-11 10:21 AM
    Oh - you will love it!...I just figured out how to install skins, so watch out...now to go "shopping" for different ones! I seriously need to stop though..I have loads of laundry and vacuming to do and I've just been playing all morning on BB
    LOL, i'm spending today straightening up before game time!

Congrats on "Abuser Status"

• Camera, see pic below.

I also was not able to do the update by starting loader.exe, it only did what it thought the changes to apps that I wanted done. Not even sure it really did that. I tried to start from BBSAK with the same result so I wiped it with BBSAK and then started the loader, it worked that time.

I can't figure out if there is something going on with my PC or what that causes these things to occur. I do know that I need to at least run a repair on my OS (Win7 - Ultimate) and maybe a reinstall. Will also have to wait til I have some time to mess with it.
    Bob, glad to see the re-install has your camera back to normal and the leak issue is gone. Hopefully you'll have good luck with battery usage as well
    02-06-11 11:23 AM
    I couldn't stand not knowing where the power drain was coming from with Shane's 448-450/6.1 hybrid. I dumped it and reloaded straight 431, did my requisite 3 battery pulls then full battery replacement, and my overnight power drain was back to 0.7%. I'm not sure just what was going on -- @middbrew reminded me about the possible link to unexplained power drain and the 6.1 files -- but it appears that my Bold just didn't like that OS mix. Oh well, I'll try Shane's next one.
    02-06-11 11:29 AM
    Right this is weird! I use BBHybrids tool 2.3 to shrink BB6. I always remove VAD and video without any problems.

02-06-11 12:14 PM
    alright guys/gals, i'm a little I installed the paid vers of Battery Ex. & dwld a zip file of pink icons to my homescreen on my laptop. I usb'd my bb to my laptop and droppped the zipped file into the BatteryEx file within my SD card. I also opened the zip file and copied all the pix and dropped them on there as well. I went into BatteryEx to set the skins. it shows in the menu with a green check mark next to "pink icons" and i click menu and "use" it still will not set the pink icons. idk what i'm doing wrong. can someone help me out here, this baffled me, i must be missing something so simple that i didnt realize it. thanks

PS-i've done a reboot device under QL also, that didnt work either.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-06-11 at 12:42 PM.
    02-06-11 12:32 PM
    I couldn't stand not knowing where the power drain was coming from with Shane's 448-450/6.1 hybrid. I dumped it and reloaded straight 431, did my requisite 3 battery pulls then full battery replacement, and my overnight power drain was back to 0.7%. I'm not sure just what was going on -- @middbrew reminded me about the possible link to unexplained power drain and the 6.1 files -- but it appears that my Bold just didn't like that OS mix. Oh well, I'll try Shane's next one.
    I have been up for 12h, -0.4MB and 0.6%/hr on the battery.

It really is strange how differently our devices respond to the very same OS installations. I'm running Shane's hybrid with themes and everything is great; however, when running straight .431 I started loosing mem as soon as I unstalled themes. Go figure! Sheesh!!
    02-06-11 12:59 PM
    Right this is weird! I use BBHybrids tool 2.3 to shrink BB6. I always remove VAD and video without any problems.
    I can concur with Bob and JayDee that my usage of the bbhybrid tools does not shrink out the VAD or video either. Now the bbBoss shrinker did the selected shrinking the first time I used it then never again. So I've been using both and cannot get VAD, startup vid and some other stuff out either. btw Keith my bbhybrid tool is version 2.2. Do you have a later one? Maybe that's an issue. Either way tho even with nothing shrunk this hybrid rocks for me. I typically have around 295mb free. Don't know if it matters, but I reboot every morning so maybe thats some difference in my favor. It's just me, yeah tad ocd-ish.
    02-06-11 01:00 PM
    alright guys/gals, i'm a little I installed the paid vers of Battery Ex. & dwld a zip file of pink icons to my homescreen on my laptop. I usb'd my bb to my laptop and droppped the zipped file into the BatteryEx file within my SD card. I also opened the zip file and copied all the pix and dropped them on there as well. I went into BatteryEx to set the skins. it shows in the menu with a green check mark next to "pink icons" and i click menu and "use" it still will not set the pink icons. idk what i'm doing wrong. can someone help me out here, this baffled me, i must be missing something so simple that i didnt realize it. thanks

PS-i've done a reboot device under QL also, that didnt work either.
    Hmmm...Here is the instructions that I used thanks to andyahs...really helped me since I could visualize what had to be done: sorry don't know how to make this into a link:

For those having trouble adding Icons this may help. First open up your Media Folder in Windows:

Double Click to Open your Blackberry Folder (Your memory Card):

Locate the m4dev Folder and Open that:

Create a 'Skins' Folder inside the m4dev folder and Open that:

Name a New Folder 'BatteryEx' and Open that:

Place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: Make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each Icon set.

Go to the application scroll to the Skin Tab and chose your skin:

[/QUOTE]

Hope this helps!
    ThePinkChameleon and skyboxer like this.
    02-06-11 01:06 PM
    Well, it is now 67 here and still climbing, got my shorts on and so it is off to and I think while I'm there i'll and enjoy the beautiful day! Ya'll enjoy your day wherever you happen to be!
    02-06-11 01:07 PM
    Hmmm...Here is the instructions that I used thanks to andyahs...really helped me since I could visualize what had to be done: sorry don't know how to make this into a link:

For those having trouble adding Icons this may help. First open up your Media Folder in Windows:

Double Click to Open your Blackberry Folder (Your memory Card):

Locate the m4dev Folder and Open that:

Create a 'Skins' Folder inside the m4dev folder and Open that:

Name a New Folder 'BatteryEx' and Open that:

Place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: Make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each Icon set.

Go to the application scroll to the Skin Tab and chose your skin:

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]
    OMG! Hamster!! TYVM for this!! I was going B A N A N A S for an HOUR yes an hour trying to figure out WTF i was doing wrong! i didnt realize i had to create a "new folder" withing the BatteryEx folder. omg! *BIG HUG!*

I finally got it set, and i'm so happy to see my little pink battery icon now! Btw, i actually when thru "my computer" and clicked my memory card and navigated from there. it was easier for me
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-06-11 at 01:51 PM.
    02-06-11 01:32 PM
    I can concur with Bob and JayDee that my usage of the bbhybrid tools does not shrink out the VAD or video either. Now the bbBoss shrinker did the selected shrinking the first time I used it then never again. So I've been using both and cannot get VAD, startup vid and some other stuff out either. btw Keith my bbhybrid tool is version 2.2. Do you have a later one? Maybe that's an issue. Either way tho even with nothing shrunk this hybrid rocks for me. I typically have around 295mb free. Don't know if it matters, but I reboot every morning so maybe thats some difference in my favor. It's just me, yeah tad ocd-ish.
    Jim, I have version 2.3. It looks pretty much like 2.2 to me.

02-06-11 02:01 PM
    Jim, you with OCD?
    That sounds like another Dr. Prince episode! LOL

I also reboot every morning to give my Bold a clean slate...and watch to see how long it takes to drop to -25MB! Usually it's only a 2 hour wait as I lose all the memory right off the bat. Then it stabilizes over the day. If I let my phone sit for an extended period without using it for ANYTHING it will actually drop even more!

These days I am testing themes again, so updates come in and I load them and do a battery pull. When I am testing a theme, there is no set time for me to reboot and it happens pretty frequently during the time I am testing.

This picture is a little alarming:

I was at -28 and then decided to use Berry Reader for about 10 minutes...whoops! WTH?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-06-11 at 07:36 PM.
    02-06-11 02:22 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6028188]LOL, i'm spending today straightening up before game time!

Congrats on "Abuser Status"

Thanks! Abuser..ha feels quite apropos since I'm so addicted! lol!

Getting ready for game time here as well!!!
    02-06-11 02:22 PM
    Hope this helps!
    OMG! Hamster!! TYVM for this!! I was going B A N A N A S for an HOUR yes an hour trying to figure out WTF i was doing wrong! i didnt realize i had to create a "new folder" withing the BatteryEx folder. omg! *BIG HUG!*

I finally got it set, and i'm so happy to see my little pink battery icon now! Btw, i actually when thru "my computer" and clicked my memory card and navigated from there. it was easier for me[/QUOTE]

You are welcome..glad I could finally help someone here..ha ha. Although using what I have learned here, I have shown a few of my friends what to do and how to do it and they have had BB's for years!
    This place ROCKS!
    02-06-11 02:25 PM
23,186 ... 411412413414415 ...