Got another one for you guys. I had occasion to take a pic with my Bold today, wife and Sadie (dog) in the snow on our driveway. I have not taken a pic recently so didn't realize I had a problem. See the pic below, anyone have any idea why my pics are coming out like this? I checked settings and could find nothing that seemed to explain it.
    You have it set on Andy Warhol mode? Have you rebooted?
    02-05-11 04:16 PM
    Alright - so I downloaded BB Meter...the free version. Will let you know how it does on the battery life.
    Does anyone know if the new version has an icon meter for the home screen??
    02-05-11 04:42 PM

And Pink, good point on the subscriptions! I pretty much hover right in the BB Bold 9650 forum so will just keep in mind what I post on! Merci!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As far as subscriptions go, I have mine set to auto subscribe, so anything I post in sends me an email. I happen to like it that way so I don't miss comments on my comments. But then again, I'm all over the boards like dogcrap is all over the lawn...haha

If I actually post in a thread I'm not interested in hearing from again, I go to the top where it says THREAD TOOLS and unsubscribe right there.

All those blinking red lights (for email) make me look important.
    As if being the Rambling Queen isn't enough!
    LMFAO!!!!!!
    02-05-11 04:50 PM
    As far as subscriptions go, I have mine set to auto subscribe, so anything I post in sends me an email. I happen to like it that way so I don't miss comments on my comments. But then again, I'm all over the boards like dogcrap is all over the lawn...haha

If I actually post in a thread I'm not interested in hearing from again, I go to the top where it says THREAD TOOLS and unsubscribe right there.

All those blinking red lights (for email) make me look important.
    As if being the Rambling Queen isn't enough!
    LMFAO!!!!!!
    Ha Ha ...you crack me up!
    02-05-11 04:52 PM
    F2-
    You owe me a gun and tonic because the one I was drinking I spit all over the screen when i read that comment!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    02-05-11 05:02 PM
    Alright - so I downloaded BB Meter...the free version. Will let you know how it does on the battery life.
    Does anyone know if the new version has an icon meter for the home screen??
    hamster, I'm not sure on this because I don't have that app, but I would think there would be an icon. Look in your download folder to see if its there.

02-05-11 05:29 PM
    hamster, I'm not sure on this because I don't have that app, but I would think there would be an icon. Look in your download folder to see if its there.

Oh there is an Icon, I was wondering about a meter showing in the notification area - something like the Battery Ex app allows for? (and that is another one I need to get...ooohh..I'm going to need that Black AmEx...pronto!)
    02-05-11 05:31 PM
    Oh there is an Icon, I was wondering about a meter showing in the notification area - something like the Battery Ex app allows for? (and that is another one I need to get...ooohh..I'm going to need that Black AmEx...pronto!)
    oooooohhh sorry! Lol. I thought you couldn't find the icon as far as the notification for it, that I don't know.

the card is on the way! LOL!

02-05-11 05:40 PM
    No there isn't one Hamster!
    Just the icon for the app... the battery meter icon...
    02-05-11 05:51 PM
    No there isn't one Hamster!
    Just the icon for the app... the battery meter icon...
    Thanks Jaydee....Does the paid one have that?

I'm just cheap - lol! Need that Black AmEx card from P1nk so I can get all the paid versions and dress up my Bold!!
    02-05-11 05:55 PM
    oooooohhh sorry! Lol. I thought you couldn't find the icon as far as the notification for it, that I don't know.

the card is on the way! LOL!

No problem!! Thanks, P1nk!
    Jaydee just said it doesn't. Dang it.

Thanks for sending the card I've got app fever!!!!!
    02-05-11 05:58 PM
    Hamster I didn't know there was a paid version of BB Meter.
    But Meterberry DOES have icons that show in the notification area. It has several icons...in fact, the app can even ROTATE icons for you! Every 10 seconds that you look, you can see a different icon measuring something different.

I would post ss but I don't use it anymore.
    02-05-11 06:04 PM
    Hamster I didn't know there was a paid version of BB Meter.
    But Meterberry DOES have icons that show in the notification area. It has several icons...in fact, the app can even ROTATE icons for you! Every 10 seconds that you look, you can see a different icon measuring something different.

I would post ss but I don't use it anymore.
    Sorry..I meant MeterBerry...Can I ask why you don't use it anymore? Oh never mind - you have BB Meter, right?
    Now is Battery Ex good/better to have? Does it do the same - ie monitoring memory as well as the battery? Sorry for all the questions...
    02-05-11 06:08 PM
    ok ty.
    but 10mb HOLY COW! i freak out when my bb goes from 313/312 down to 310. lol. i know thats prob ridiculous, lol, but i always keep watch like that.
    OK so then 27.3MB in 24 hours would bother you?
    HAHA
    If only it stopped there....
    02-05-11 06:12 PM
    F2-
    You owe me a gun and tonic because the one I was drinking I spit all over the screen when i read that comment!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I can't believe YOU wasted a gun and tonic. I can believe YOU WASTED

Friends are visiting in Glen Falls - he mentioned sleet! Whereas my smarter sister is visiting Santa Barbara.
    02-05-11 08:28 PM
    AGREED! I figure for every question we ask there are probably 20 people out there who were enlightened! At least that's my story and I'm stickin' with it! LOL

Now can someone tell me why it suddenly says everyone is posting at 8pm tonight when it's only 2pmCST here?

And Pink, good point on the subscriptions! I pretty much hover right in the BB Bold 9650 forum so will just keep in mind what I post on! Merci!!

If I may offer you a suggestion, if you will click on your name up at the top right of the screen following Welcome, and fill out the information sheet there that talks abou the device you have, carrier, etc. that information will display as your profile on each post. When you ask a question, most of us will look there to see what device you are running and which carrier you are on. In many cases this can help us give you a better answer to your question. You migh also consider adding the OS version you are running because that is often important to our answer. If you look at my profile above you can get an idea of what I am referring to.
    02-05-11 09:07 PM
    Yup, even changed back to GI issue theme and same thing. As we speak I am updating to the .448/.450 hybrid that SCrid put out. We'll see if that helps.
    02-05-11 09:14 PM

I'm just cheap - lol! Need that Black AmEx card from P1nk so I can get all the paid versions and dress up my Bold!!
    Hampster, Check out Battery Ex, it is free and has an icon in the noti area.
    02-05-11 09:15 PM

lmao! - I told you the card is on its way so you could get all your apps!!
    OK so then 27.3MB in 24 hours would bother you?
    HAHA
    If only it stopped there....

02-05-11 09:29 PM
    Hey Bob -- I loaded Shane's 448-450 last night. My memory mangement has been good, but my battery drains almost 6% per hour at rest. That's a far cry from the 1-1.5% that I was getting with straight 431. You might want to keep an eye on your battery.
    02-05-11 09:40 PM
    BatteryEx also has a memory display, which you can use to track your memory usage.
    02-05-11 09:52 PM
    Hey Bob -- I loaded Shane's 448-450 last night. My memory mangement has been good, but my battery drains almost 6% per hour at rest. That's a far cry from the 1-1.5% that I was getting with straight 431. You might want to keep an eye on your battery.
    I've had Shane's on my bold since he released it and usually lose no more than 5% overnite. Maybe it's not settled yet.
    02-05-11 09:56 PM
    I've had Shane's on my bold since he released it and usually lose no more than 5% overnite. Maybe it's not settled yet.
    I thought about that. I'm not sure yet that there's an issue with that particular mix of files and my specific Bold. For now, I'm just watching. This stands out because it's the only time that I've loaded an OS and had this kind of battery drain at the start. Normally, a few battery pulls, then a fresh battery and reset the usage meter, and I've been good to go. This one is just different for now.

Is "settling" still as much of an issue as it once was? As I understand it, back in the OS4 days, it took a few days for an OS to settle in after loading. From what I read now, it's not so important anymore. Yes? No?
    02-05-11 10:19 PM
    There has been some discussion that the OS6.1 files in Shane's hybrid might cause exessive battery drain. Although my with those files isn't too bad.

Is "settling" still as much of an issue as it once was? As I understand it, back in the OS4 days, it took a few days for an OS to settle in after loading. From what I read now, it's not so important anymore. Yes? No?
    You are right it isn't as important as it once was, but some settling in does help.
    02-05-11 10:35 PM
    Thanks! I downloaded it last night...and it's great! Now my Bold is starting to look snazzy
    02-06-11 07:30 AM
23,186 ... 410411412413414 ...