Hey everyone..
    Rainy and miserable here today..

Just another newb question...how do I check for memory leaks? Now I'm curious and want to see if my Bold is doing it Thanks!
    02-05-11 06:56 AM
    Hey everyone..

Just another newb question...how do I check for memory leaks? Now I'm curious and want to see if my Bold is doing it Thanks!
    hamster- don't be too concerned with memory leaks. As a "new to the bb experience" person, you don't wanna make your head spin!

However, there are a number of ways you can tell: one to check your files free and compare the numbers you see there from time to time. There are applications for your berry that you can use as well. One is BBMeter, which is free; and Meterberry, which is a paid app. They both show the battery usage, memory usage and signal usage on your phone.

I think if you check Mobihand or CB store, you can find them. or Google BBMeter and see where it is being kept...I use it and it and it is free. Pretty accurate but not exact.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    02-05-11 07:33 AM
    hamster- don't be too concerned with memory leaks. As a "new to the bb experience" person, you don't wanna make your head spin!

However, there are a number of ways you can tell: one to check your files free and compare the numbers you see there from time to time. There are applications for your berry that you can use as well. One is BBMeter, which is free; and Meterberry, which is a paid app. They both show the battery usage, memory usage and signal usage on your phone.

I think if you check Mobihand or CB store, you can find them. or Google BBMeter and see where it is being kept...I use it and it and it is free. Pretty accurate but not exact.
    Ok...There is soooooo much to learn! Maybe you need to set up class for me...do you do one on one tutoring
    02-05-11 07:45 AM
    . There are applications for your berry that you can use as well. One is BBMeter, which is free; and Meterberry, which is a paid app. They both show the battery usage, memory usage and signal usage on your phone.

jaydee, in regards to BB Meter, I looked into this app approx a mth ago & read some reviews on it. There were people complaining of mem leak aft loading this app up which then deterred me from getting it. Honestly I can't rem if it was the paid one now that I think of it.

Being you still have mem leak issues, could this *maybe* be part/all of the issue, and Bob's as well?

I would still like to try an app like this though, just for shiz & giggles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 11:04 AM
    Hey everyone..

So far we've gotten about 2 inches of "flurries".

I like meterberry. It makes it easy to find out a lot of info.

02-05-11 11:10 AM
    So far we've gotten about 2 inches of "flurries".

I like meterberry. It makes it easy to find out a lot of info.

its raining her atm yuk-turning everything to a biiiiiiiiig mess!
    Sky, did/do you have a leak since loading meterberry?

02-05-11 11:36 AM
    jaydee, in regards to BB Meter, I looked into this app approx a mth ago & read some reviews on it. There were people complaining of mem leak aft loading this app up which then deterred me from getting it. Honestly I can't rem if it was the paid one now that I think of it.

Being you still have mem leak issues, could this *maybe* be part/all of the issue, and Bob's as well?

I would still like to try an app like this though, just for shiz & giggles.

Pink, thanks for the info but I seriously doubt this is all of my issue. Part of it? Hmmm well, I have a leak with a straight OS so I kinda think no specific app is responsible, but rather the hardware. I have deleted various apps as I go and haven;t had any lucky REALLY pinpointing an app. However, I will try to replicate the research you did and see what I can find to help me.

Meterberry, for what its worth, has its own troubles as well. I think Meterberry is one to use with caution as well. On OS5 it worked great, now, not so much. But thanks for the info.
    02-05-11 11:43 AM
    Pink, thanks for the info but I seriously doubt this is all of my issue. Part of it? Hmmm well, I have a leak with a straight OS so I kinda think no specific app is responsible, but rather the hardware. I have deleted various apps as I go and haven;t had any lucky REALLY pinpointing an app. However, I will try to replicate the research you did and see what I can find to help me.

Meterberry, for what its worth, has its own troubles as well. I think Meterberry is one to use with caution as well. On OS5 it worked great, now, not so much. But thanks for the info.
    ok well with any luck maybe you'll be able to figure something out. I understand you've had leak issues from the get go with OS6 (if my mem serves me correct lol)
    I was just looking at MeterBerry in Mobi and I see a lot of complaints about it hogging battery(i'm guessing OS5'ers complaining). Well, maybe I'll pass that by and look back into the free vers. instead.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-05-11 at 01:28 PM.
    02-05-11 11:51 AM
    Got another one for you guys. I had occasion to take a pic with my Bold today, wife and Sadie (dog) in the snow on our driveway. I have not taken a pic recently so didn't realize I had a problem. See the pic below, anyone have any idea why my pics are coming out like this? I checked settings and could find nothing that seemed to explain it.
    holy canolly! i just got a look at that pix Bob, damn what the heck happened.
    02-05-11 01:10 PM
    its raining her atm yuk-turning everything to a biiiiiiiiig mess!
    Sky, did/do you have a leak since loading meterberry?

Only leak I've EVER had was when running some leaked OS5s on my 9630. I don't worry about changes in memory less than 10mb.

02-05-11 01:18 PM
    jaydee, i'm kinda stuck here. i'm looking for that free BBMeter app that you have and i cant find it thru MobiHand App Store or in BB crApp World.

i found this link through google for BB Meter:
    BB METER

i'm guessing this is the one?
    02-05-11 01:25 PM
    Only leak I've EVER had was when running some leaked OS5s on my 9630. I don't worry about changes in memory less than 10mb.

ok ty.
    but 10mb HOLY COW! i freak out when my bb goes from 313/312 down to 310. lol. i know thats prob ridiculous, lol, but i always keep watch like that.
    02-05-11 01:26 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6025816] ok well with any luck maybe you'll be able to figure something out. I understand you've had leak issues from the get go with OS6 (if my mem serves me correct lol)
    I was just looking at MeterBerry in Mobi and I see a lot of complaints about it hogging battery. Well, maybe I'll pass that by and look back into the free vers. instead.

No kiddin? Hogging battery? I never have been real impressed with my battery life, as a 2600 Seidio barely gets me through the day. Always blamed it on my obsession-level usage. I think I might uninstall and use battery-ex instead, even though it doesn't track anything.

02-05-11 01:27 PM

Thank goodness for you Jaydee! I was wondering the exact same thing Hamster....thanks for asking...us newbs need to stick together, lol :-)

One quick ? I often see references to 'rebooting' and 'battery pulls' and wonder if these are essentially the same thing? (Yes, a total newb question I know, lol)

02-05-11 01:30 PM
    No kiddin? Hogging battery? I never have been real impressed with my battery life, as a 2600 Seidio barely gets me through the day. Always blamed it on my obsession-level usage. I think I might uninstall and use battery-ex instead, even though it doesn't track anything.

yes right aft jaydee posted that, i checked it out, and there were about 16 reviews in Mobi and out of the 16 quite a few were complaining about their batt life took a dive aft installing that. In fact, one person claimed to be loosing either 20 or 30% per hour! thats just nutzzzzz!
    02-05-11 01:31 PM
    Thank goodness for you Jaydee! I was wondering the exact same thing Hamster....thanks for asking...us newbs need to stick together, lol :-)

One quick ? I often see references to 'rebooting' and 'battery pulls' and wonder if these are essentially the same thing? (Yes, a total newb question I know, lol)

hi TJ. and to answer your ?, yes a "reboot" and "battery pull" are the same exact thing

btw, did you see the theme links i posted for you in your thread?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-05-11 at 01:35 PM.
    02-05-11 01:33 PM
    yes right aft jaydee posted that, i checked it out, and there were about 16 reviews in Mobi and out of the 16 quite a few were complaining about their batt life took a dive aft installing that. In fact, one person claimed to be loosing either 20 or 30% per hour! thats just nutzzzzz!
    I wonder if that's a problem with meterberry's algorythym rather than actual use. I will see a huge decrease like that when the battery is full sometimes, yet it seems to slow down significantly as the battery gets lower. Still, I have uninstalled and will just "eyeball" my battery life for a couple of days and report back.

02-05-11 01:41 PM
    hi TJ. and to answer your ?, yes a "reboot" and "battery pull" are the same exact thing

btw, did you see the theme links i posted for you in your thread?
    Hi there Pink. Thanks for answering my ? :-D
    YES! I just saw that and responded, lol....I am gonna have to figure out how to subscribe to threads today!! My head was swimming at 3am this morning as I was checking out the entire site....all the sudden I couldn't remember what model my bold was! Figured it was time for bed! LOL

02-05-11 01:54 PM
    I wonder if that's a problem with meterberry's algorythym rather than actual use. I will see a huge decrease like that when the battery is full sometimes, yet it seems to slow down significantly as the battery gets lower. Still, I have uninstalled and will just "eyeball" my battery life for a couple of days and report back.

as far as your algorythyn theory, could be possile .

Ok, plz let me/us know how it has effected your battery usage now that you've uninstalled M-Berry. I'm curious if you'll see an improvement now

Hi there Pink. Thanks for answering my ? :-D
    YES! I just saw that and responded, lol....I am gonna have to figure out how to subscribe to threads today!! My head was swimming at 3am this morning as I was checking out the entire site....all the sudden I couldn't remember what model my bold was! Figured it was time for bed! LOL

no prob & yea at 3am? wow, I'm crossed-eyed by time 10 or 11 rolls around old age ya know! Lmao!
    Subriscribing can be set through your Control Panel. I don't subscribe to any thread, I just keep memory of what I posted in. I'm not trying to discourage you at all, but if you have the subscribe's email you every time, your bb may be going off relentlessly! Lol. That's why I stopped my subscriptions but it may work out for you

02-05-11 02:06 PM

Yes we need to stick together!!!...and I have no qualms about asking even the silly questions here...they help no matter what
    02-05-11 02:24 PM
    Yes we need to stick together!!!...and I have no qualms about asking even the silly questions here...they help no matter what
    of course we do. The only 'stupid' question is the one that is never asked

When i first got my bb, i was completely clueless! i mean like beyond clueless. lol. (that was a little over 2 1/2+yrs ago.) Its amazing how much you learn reading, asking and searching for answers. the search on here is a great tool! i still use it when something is questionable to me but thats how you gain more knowledge
    02-05-11 02:43 PM
    AGREED! I figure for every question we ask there are probably 20 people out there who were enlightened! At least that's my story and I'm stickin' with it! LOL

Now can someone tell me why it suddenly says everyone is posting at 8pm tonight when it's only 2pmCST here?

And Pink, good point on the subscriptions! I pretty much hover right in the BB Bold 9650 forum so will just keep in mind what I post on! Merci!!

02-05-11 02:44 PM
    AGREED! I figure for every question we ask there are probably 20 people out there who were enlightened! At least that's my story and I'm stickin' with it! LOL

Now can someone tell me why it suddenly says everyone is posting at 8pm tonight when it's only 2pmCST here?

And Pink, good point on the subscriptions! I pretty much hover right in the BB Bold 9650 forum so will just keep in mind what I post on! Merci!!

TJ, your time settings prob need to be adjusted to your time zone. In the top right from your laptop or desktop, when you sign in you'll see a blue box with "Welcome, TJC70" etc. right below that is a tab that says "quick links" click that and scroll to "Edit Options" when it takes you to that screen, scroll down toward the bottom and you'll see an option to edit the date and time.

and YW about the sub's answer.
    02-05-11 02:52 PM
    jaydee, thanks for catching the post for the theme links i gave to TJ. i mis-read for Dark Tril & Sidebar where it says OS6 icons. meaning for OS5, but designed with OS6 icons.
    02-05-11 03:22 PM
    Jim, I think Dr. Prince may need to call in Oprah and some other reinforcements for this segment!
    Glad you found happiness after all that! Oh and in MY house, my husband is the cat whisperer. LMAO
    Here, too, me. In a very low voice "GET LOST, CAT!"
    02-05-11 04:13 PM
23,186 ... 409410411412413 ...