QL has a screenshot utility, but it's not all fancy like zonasnap is.
    Pink, once you get it all set up, dont forget to make a backup of your settings. It makes things easier when you upgrade to BB6!
    yes sky, I will be sure to make a back up when i'm done and each time i edit something, i'll back up also.

LOL, you guys are relentless with the OS6 upgrade
    I have capture it and it seems to work fine...what is different in zona snap?
    If it is easier, I'm all for easy
    When you use ZonaSnap, it automatically saves it to your pictures AND at the same time gives you options to email it, cancel it and something else....i forgot the last option. lol. oops.
    02-02-11 07:41 PM
    When you use ZonaSnap, it automatically saves it to your pictures AND at the same time gives you options to email it, cancel it and something else....i forgot the last option. lol. oops. [/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I might have to try it. If it takes away some steps, than it might be worth it. And at the risk of sounding really dumb, how does one set the convenience keys?
    02-02-11 07:45 PM
    ok, i do have a question for QL, "add application" the option to LOCK DEVICE, is that just the keypad lock or is that the password lock device function? I don't want to set it and then no be able to utilize it. Thank you
    no, i don't have a pw to lock my bb either, i've never used that for fear of forgetting the pw and then loosing my info. so that leads me to ask, do most or all of you guys lock your devices with a pw?

alot of people tell me i'm crazy for not locking it. idk.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-02-11 at 08:01 PM.
    02-02-11 07:51 PM
    Hmm.. I might have to try it. If it takes away some steps, than it might be worth it. And at the risk of sounding really dumb, how does one set the convenience keys?
    go to Options>Screen/keyboard and scroll down till you see Right Convience Key and choose from the menu. and Left Convience Key and choose from the menu. Back key, SAVE. and exit. now your "convience" keys are set!
    02-02-11 07:53 PM
    go to Options>Screen/keyboard and scroll down till you see Right Convience Key and choose from the menu. and Left Convience Key and choose from the menu. Back key, SAVE. and exit. now your "convience" keys are set!
    ahhhhh....thank-you.
    02-02-11 07:59 PM
    ahhhhh....thank-you.
    your welcome. and just as a suggestion, set either the left or right side to the "application switcher" this will enable you to toggle between things. ie. if your on the browser and a bbm comes in. you can stay on the browser and just click the convience key, scroll to bbm, click on it & answer your msg, then hit the back button till it brings you back to the web page you were on

in your app switcher, there are 5 items you can switch between- phone, browser, bbm, messages(main folder) and home screen.

i hope i did not confuse you with that. i try to explain things and sometimes i make a mess of it LOL

g'night all
    02-02-11 08:06 PM
    Pink, you know you don't have to waste a convience key on the app switcher, if you hold down the blackberry button for a few seconds it will bring up the app switcher. Its quicker and you get an extra key. Also you can set ql to any key also to clear up another convience key. I have ql set to open with a press of the space bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-02-11 09:03 PM
    You might have to put snow tires on your golf cart!!

NOT! It's staying in the garage where it is reasonably warm and there will be no snow!
    02-02-11 09:40 PM
    wow! i take a short vaca from CB and you guys put up 15 pages of Ramblings??!! Holy ****!
    Teach you to take a vacation! I'm not on for a few hours during the day and I have a page or two to read. And my pages are 40 posts long!
    02-02-11 09:43 PM
    LOL, you guys are relentless with the OS6 upgrade
    What would make you think otherwise?
    02-02-11 10:06 PM
    ok, i do have a question for QL, "add application" the option to LOCK DEVICE, is that just the keypad lock or is that the password lock device function? I don't want to set it and then no be able to utilize it. Thank you
    no, i don't have a pw to lock my bb either, i've never used that for fear of forgetting the pw and then loosing my info. so that leads me to ask, do most or all of you guys lock your devices with a pw?

alot of people tell me i'm crazy for not locking it. idk.
    I lock mine all the time; however, I don't have a pw on it. If you hold down the "A" key it will put your BB to sleep and lock the keys. I'm not going to bother setting up a QL shortcut that would requite me to hit 2 keys instead of one.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-02-11 10:09 PM
    Wow, this is really moving along. I go out for the evening, come back kinda early and I've got 3 pages to catch up with. I'm glad to see Pink finally took the Q/L plunge, and yes the tweaking is endless and all the fun. OS-6 i see in your future. Soon!
    It's going to be alot colder here tonite and were not used to this. 22 is predicted. If this happens the water pipes will freeze for sure. Not mine, but all the other clueless ones. I put a mister in the grapefruit tree to try and prevent the fruit from freezing and getting ruined, plus it keeps the water moving in the pipes. My daughters house in Edgewood NM is predicted to hit -19. Now thats cold!
    Pink, once you get the hang of Q/L you'll really appreciate how functional it is. I don't even use icons at all. My screen is totally uncluttered and Q/L pops up with a press of the space bar. Then all my frequently used apps and other stuff is one key press away. Q/L is def the most useful app I think I have found on any mobile device over the years and a bargain at about $5. Every so often it's always good to do a backup right from the app, and always before an update. Enjoy!
    ciao,
    02-02-11 11:12 PM
    this is true.

I actually deleted ZonaSnap over the weekend because it wasn't convient for me to use without setting a convience key, which are occupied, BUT now that I set QL to my right convi key, I may re-install this. We'll see, i do like using CaptureIt better though.
    Yes I had all of them too, but the difference is that Zona Snap will integrate into the QL menu and Capture It won't.
    So there's no choice for me now. I use the new Zona Snap. Best 1.99 I ever spent. You should see how easy they have made it!!!
    02-03-11 06:20 AM
    Morning all!

So, where is the best place to buy apps according to you guys? Mobihand, CB, appworld?

You've convince me - going to get QL today. I'm all about easy!
    And Zona Snap and BeBuzz and BerryMeter...am I missing anything, Lol!

Going to be fun shopping..now to make sure hubby doesn't find out
    02-03-11 07:26 AM
    Morning all!

So, where is the best place to buy apps according to you guys? Mobihand, CB, appworld?

I buy thru mobihand.
    02-03-11 07:34 AM
    I buy thru mobihand.
    +1 for Mobihand. Never had an issue with them as they've always been responsive when help was needed and informed me when an update was available. Also, nice to have all your apps through one source. Makes switching devices a little easier when you have to re-register your apps to a new PIN.
    02-03-11 07:49 AM
    I have to give it to Mobihand as well. They for me, make it simpler and easy when I have to reload an app I had already purchased.
    02-03-11 07:56 AM
    Pink, you know you don't have to waste a convience key on the app switcher, if you hold down the blackberry button for a few seconds it will bring up the app switcher. Its quicker and you get an extra key. Also you can set ql to any key also to clear up another convience key. I have ql set to open with a press of the space bar.

Exactly! I have App Switcher on my QL menu so I can get back to the desktop or BBM no matter what else I'm doing on my phone!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 02-03-11 at 08:10 AM.
    02-03-11 08:04 AM

hi rr! I never knew that little trick with the menu key!tyvm! As for QL, you jarred my memory when you said "space bar" because the theme i have set allows this! YaY now I have left & right convience keys for other shizzz! w00t!
    What would make you think otherwise?
    i'm sure it wouldn't be any other way with you guys! LOL
    I lock mine all the time; however, I don't have a pw on it. If you hold down the "A" key it will put your BB to sleep and lock the keys. I'm not going to bother setting up a QL shortcut that would requite me to hit 2 keys instead of one.
    Bob, i didnt know this about the "A" key either! Tyvm!
    On my 8330 it was the "K" key and I fig'd they did away with that because of the lock button on the top left side. and no pw set to lock for me.
    Wow, this is really moving along. I go out for the evening, come back kinda early and I've got 3 pages to catch up with. I'm glad to see Pink finally took the Q/L plunge, and yes the tweaking is endless and all the fun. OS-6 i see in your future.Soon!
    It's going to be alot colder here tonite and were not used to this. 22 is predicted. If this happens the water pipes will freeze for sure. Not mine, but all the other clueless ones. I put a mister in the grapefruit tree to try and prevent the fruit from freezing and getting ruined, plus it keeps the water moving in the pipes. My daughters house in Edgewood NM is predicted to hit -19. Now thats cold!
    Pink, once you get the hang of Q/L you'll really appreciate how functional it is. I don't even use icons at all. My screen is totally uncluttered and Q/L pops up with a press of the space bar. Then all my frequently used apps and other stuff is one key press away. Q/L is def the most useful app I think I have found on any mobile device over the years and a bargain at about $5. Every so often it's always good to do a backup right from the app, and always before an update. Enjoy!
    ciao,
    jim, this is where i'm living right now. space bar, QL and everything is there for me now. I havent opened my home page to icons since i installed QL last night. Best $3.99 (on sale again) i spent, idk wtf took me so long to do it besides it slipping my mind. LOL. old age i suppose
    Yes I had all of them too, but the difference is that Zona Snap will integrate into the QL menu and Capture It won't.
    So there's no choice for me now. I use the new Zona Snap. Best 1.99 I ever spent. You should see how easy they have made it!!!
    i may check this out again then. i can say i did like the feature it had after taking a screenie to send right to email of choice, in my case would be PhotoBucket. thanks!
    Morning all!

g'morn hamster! MobiHand for apps hands down! it is by far the most convient, in fact its so convient you put your pymt info in once, and then just going in to purchase stuff is just signing in and confirming purchase! and done. no need to put in cr cd info etc. thats how i have it set.
    careful you dont go crazy and buy the farm thoughLOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-03-11 at 09:06 AM.
    02-03-11 08:13 AM
    I buy thru mobihand.
    +1
    oh hey paul, any word on themes for the 9650 yet???
    +1 for Mobihand. Never had an issue with them as they've always been responsive when help was needed and informed me when an update was available. Also, nice to have all your apps through one source. Makes switching devices a little easier when you have to re-register your apps to a new PIN.
    +1 again. When I upgraded from .975 to .1006 it was total cake to get all my apps going, took a whole 5 maybe 10 mins.
    I have to give it to Mobihand as well. They for me, make it simpler and easy when I have to reload an app I had already purchased.
    agreed. simplicity at its best.
    02-03-11 08:17 AM
    Exactly! I have App Switcher on my QL menu so I can get back to the desktop or BBM no matter what else I'm doing on my phone!
    i have that set too! its amazing how much convience i have now....idk what to do with it all!! LOL
    02-03-11 08:19 AM
    hi rr! I never knew that little trick with the menu key!tyvm! As for QL, you jarred my memory when you said "space bar" because the theme i have set allows this! YaY now I have left & right convience keys for other shizzz! w00t!
    Hey P1nk

Welcome to full-featured phonedom! How's it feel, getting dragged kicking and screaming (or just nagged) to the dark side? Now, if we could only do something about your ancient OS...

Remember to select NONE for the "HOMESCREEN HOTKEY" in QL if your theme has a QL shortcut. If you leave it set for spacebar, and the theme also opens QL with the spacebar, QL will sometimes lock up your phone when it tries to launch twice.
    02-03-11 09:37 AM
    +1
    oh hey paul, any word on themes for the 9650 yet???
    Nothing yet lol
    02-03-11 09:47 AM
    Hey P1nk

Welcome to full-featured phonedom! How's it feel, getting dragged kicking and screaming (or just nagged) to the dark side? Now, if we could only do something about your ancient OS...

Remember to select NONE for the "HOMESCREEN HOTKEY" in QL if your theme has a QL shortcut. If you leave it set for spacebar, and the theme also opens QL with the spacebar, QL will sometimes lock up your phone when it tries to launch twice.
    lmao! Nooooooo! I won't go without a fight! lmao!

As for QL, I'm running Al3's Dark Tril & the space bar is a s/c key for QL within the theme. That was the 1st thing I did last night setting up QL, changed that to "none" in QL so it'll lauch QL thru my theme/spacebar thanks for the tip though!

02-03-11 10:29 AM
    Nothing yet lol
    awwww man.....I'll tell ya'these themes are looking more and more like they won't be ready till 2020

02-03-11 10:30 AM
23,186 ... 401402403404405 ...