Wow, I have to admit I am a new one listen in on this for a while now, and I work for 10 hours and I see how much one can miss in that time... I need a Gun and Tonic now. Oh that is right, I have several hours of them in me already..
    Hey, what kind of work DO you do? That you have several hours of gun and tonics in you already? That's a job that has my name ALLLLLLLLLLLLL over it!
    02-02-11 05:27 PM
    Chitown,

OS 6 can be a little frustrating when you first get into it but it is a better OS. It may take a little while to find where everything is again but just hold on. When switching to 6 your 5 themes will not work on 6, but new ones are just starting to be released. And after any OS update it is best to do a couple of battery pulls to help the new OS settle in.
    Completely agree. Quirky at first. Will be much better on touch screen. Difficult at times on the 9650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 05:29 PM
    hi paul welcome back from your little CB vacay.
    ty, been a stressful week to say the least. do you know if we have themes yet for 9650? lol
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-02-11 at 05:52 PM.
    02-02-11 05:35 PM
    Everyone will be glad to know that I talked Chitown through her wipe and re-install of OS6 today.

Successfully, I might add! She was down to 132,000,000 files free after an OTA install. Can you imagine? I freak when I drop below 250! We wiped, reinstalled and all went well. She is getting a theme or two on to help her become familiar with everything. Oh and after the install?

I forgot...226? maybe more.
    Yes, she used BB Hybrid Tools shrink and got rid of a ton of stuff and even used BBSAK to remove the vids.

Yay!!! Nice job Chitown!!!!
    (Bet you're glad you aren't IN Chitown today!!!)
    02-02-11 05:38 PM
    ty, ben a stressful week to say the least. do you know if we have themes yet for 9650? lol
    no dammit we don't!

on another note, i got my son the Deuce theme on his bold
    02-02-11 05:48 PM
    Everyone will be glad to know that I talked Chitown through her wipe and re-install of OS6 today.

Successfully, I might add! She was down to 132,000,000 files free after an OTA install. Can you imagine? I freak when I drop below 250! We wiped, reinstalled and all went well. She is getting a theme or two on to help her become familiar with everything. Oh and after the install?

Yes, she used BB Hybrid Tools shrink and got rid of a ton of stuff and even used BBSAK to remove the vids.

^^^^this is awesome. jaydee....you da bomb woman!
    02-02-11 05:49 PM
    Hey, what kind of work DO you do? That you have several hours of gun and tonics in you already? That's a job that has my name ALLLLLLLLLLLLL over it!

Believe it or not.. I am a Development Manger for a Beverage Co. and by customers are bars and restaurants. So Gun and Tonic's are never far from my reach. It is tough life but some of us have to live with our customers being in the Hamptons of NY, bless the rich.
    Last edited by JimiMack; 02-02-11 at 05:55 PM.
    02-02-11 05:49 PM
    hi paul welcome back from your little CB vacay. and Jimi you didnt save us any gun and tonics?!?! sheesh!
    soooooo......guess what i finally did??? (no bob, jim, jimi, prince, jaydee - i didnt load os6)
    I finally dwld QL! My Beck is booting back up as we speak because i just activated the sucker. i may have alot of questions, some may be stupid i'm sure. lol. well, hopefully i'll have a pretty good grip on things and be able to figure it out one can hope. i'll let ya know how it goes if i'm not back here asking a millions questions about it
    btw, Hamsterwheel, i haven't said my welcome to you yet. So Welcome to our dysfunctional family
    I really thought here for a minute, you has jumped to 6. But I will take the plunge into GL. It may catch you a little off guard at first but it is well worth what it will do to make you life easier.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-02-11 05:51 PM
    Believe it or not.. I am a Development Manger for a Beverage Co. and by customers are bars and restaurants. So Gun and Tonic's are never far from my reach.
    Need an executive secretary and taste-tester?
    Wow! A dream job for me! I could go bar hopping and GET PAID?????
    02-02-11 05:56 PM
    Need an executive secretary and taste-tester?
    Wow! A dream job for me! I could go bar hopping and GET PAID?????
    You have no idea of the pluses of the position... but I can always use a company driver come the summers... nothing but me drink's and the police. What fun.
    02-02-11 05:58 PM

Hey Jaydee...you might have to hold my hand while I upgrade...the other hand will have a gun and tonic at the ready
    02-02-11 06:12 PM
    Hey Jaydee...you might have to hold my hand while I upgrade...the other hand will have a gun and tonic at the ready
    LOL, sorry as long as you have your Gun and Tonic... nothing can go wrong.
    02-02-11 06:15 PM
    That's how Jaydee does it too!!

02-02-11 06:17 PM
    hi paul welcome back from your little CB vacay. and Jimi you didnt save us any gun and tonics?!?! sheesh!
    soooooo......guess what i finally did??? (no bob, jim, jimi, prince, jaydee - i didnt load os6)
    I finally dwld QL!My Beck is booting back up as we speak because i just activated the sucker. i may have alot of questions, some may be stupid i'm sure. lol. well, hopefully i'll have a pretty good grip on things and be able to figure it out one can hope. i'll let ya know how it goes if i'm not back here asking a millions questions about it
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#4b0082]btw, Hamsterwheel, i haven't said my welcome to you yet. So Welcome to our dysfunctional family:
    Thanks, P1nk! Nice to be here
    I suppose now it's my turn to download QL. And then, dare I say it...OS6
    Like I said before...I'll do it if you do it!
    02-02-11 06:20 PM
    That's how Jaydee does it too!!

Shush there Dr Prince! You giving away my secrets?
    02-02-11 06:21 PM
    Pink, I'm glad to see that you FINALLY decided to dl Quicklaunch, you'll love it!

Now, how about BB 6?

02-02-11 06:22 PM
    I really thought here for a minute, you has jumped to 6. But I will take the plunge into GL. It may catch you a little off guard at first but it is well worth what it will do to make you life easier.
    yea, i'm setting it up, or trying to at least, set it up now. i've added a few items, like a call, an email. i'm guessing you can only add one each of those. and i dont quite get the sub menu things. i'm still messing with it though
    02-02-11 06:42 PM
    Thanks, P1nk! Nice to be here
    I suppose now it's my turn to download QL. And then, dare I say it...OS6
    Like I said before...I'll do it if you do it!
    I just got QL and i'm trying to figure the damn thing out.....i need a few months
    Pink, I'm glad to see that you FINALLY decided to dl Quicklaunch, you'll love it!

Now, how about BB 6?

QL is confuzzing the shizzer out of me right now,lol.

now about bb6-wait for the tone and leave me a message & i'll get back to ya'.....BEEEEEEEEEEEP
    02-02-11 06:46 PM
    A few months.... what do you think QL is some sort of brain tease? LMAO
    You will have it mastered in a day, then it will be off to OS6 land next.
    Plus all your fav themes will be out in OS 6 as well.
    02-02-11 07:03 PM
    A few months.... what do you think QL is some sort of brain tease? LMAO
    You will have it mastered in a day, then it will be off to OS6 land next.
    Plus all your fav themes will be out in OS 6 as well.
    ok I got QL fig'd out. Sub menus and all a whole 25minutes lol-i think thats not bad for me being my attention span stinks! NOW to set everything the way I want! I just know for the next week I'll prob be tweaking the settings on it! LOL!
    Then, maybe, I'll consider OS6......maybe.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 02-02-11 at 07:22 PM.
    02-02-11 07:09 PM
    You will always be tweaking, it would not be fun if you were not.
    02-02-11 07:10 PM
    ok I got QL fig'd out. Sub menus and all a whole 25minutes lol. NOW to set everything the way I want! I just know for the next week I'll prob be tweaking the settings on it! LOL!
    Then, maybe, I'll consider OS6......maybe.

Make sure you add Zona Snap to the QL menu...
    It's the easiest way to take screen shots.
    02-02-11 07:16 PM
    You will always be tweaking, it would not be fun if you were not.
    this is true.
    Make sure you add Zona Snap to the QL menu...
    It's the easiest way to take screen shots.
    I actually deleted ZonaSnap over the weekend because it wasn't convient for me to use without setting a convience key, which are occupied, BUT now that I set QL to my right convi key, I may re-install this. We'll see, i do like using CaptureIt better though.
    02-02-11 07:25 PM
    QL has a screenshot utility, but it's not all fancy like zonasnap is.
    Pink, once you get it all set up, dont forget to make a backup of your settings. It makes things easier when you upgrade to BB6!
    02-02-11 07:26 PM
    I have capture it and it seems to work fine...what is different in zona snap?
    If it is easier, I'm all for easy
    02-02-11 07:30 PM
23,186 ... 400401402403404 ...