Pink, you can alway try a different network setting. Go to settings in beweather, and go to general settings. look under network and change the transport to direct, bis, wifi, whatever you have.
    02-01-11 10:34 AM
    Pink, you can alway try a different network setting. Go to settings in beweather, and go to general settings. look under network and change the transport to direct, bis, wifi, whatever you have.
    Sky, I have it set on "BIS-B" right now. What is the setting "Direct TCP-IP" setting do, if you don't mind me asking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 10:42 AM
    is anyone else having issues with BeWeather updating? I have it set for every hour & it keeps "failing" I have to manually update it. I've double checked my settings as well & its all right. I think with how bad the weather is it may be affecting signal, but was just curious if anyone else may be having this issue also? Thanks

Interesting that you say that, I have had the same problem, it will either fail or decide that I am 500 to 1,000 miles away from where I am. I have taken to setting my location by zip code and it never fails. Go figure!
    02-01-11 10:56 AM
    Sky, I have it set on "BIS-B" right now. What is the setting "Direct TCP-IP" setting do, if you don't mind me asking.

If I remember, it bypasses the RIM servers and connects directly. I know it will work even if the RIM servers are down when it is set to direct
    02-01-11 10:59 AM
    Well, I will continue along the way of BB6 i think because its a little more standard. I want to add some straight lines in there, like instead of a banner so I guess I gotta read in the developers forums.

Then again, I might just wait for someone else to make it!
    I want Xpress. And that reminds me: Pink, I didn't see a screenie!!!
    I'm not P1nk, but here is mine!!

02-01-11 11:08 AM
    Interesting that you say that, I have had the same problem, it will either fail or decide that I am 500 to 1,000 miles away from where I am. I have taken to setting my location by zip code and it never fails. Go figure!
    I do rem you saying this a while back about it locating you miles away from where you really are! I also have mine set to zip code, so far its been behaving since I 'reset' it earlier this morn right aft I made that post. thanks for the info tho!

02-01-11 11:30 AM
    I do rem you saying this a while back about it locating you miles away from where you really are! I also have mine set to zip code, so far its been behaving since I 'reset' it earlier this morn right aft I made that post. thanks for the info tho!

Now my Beweather Free is acting the same way?? Was working fine up until now
    02-01-11 11:33 AM
    If I remember, it bypasses the RIM servers and connects directly. I know it will work even if the RIM servers are down when it is set to direct
    oh ok! Thanks for this! maybe I will try this setting if it gets weird on me again.
    Btw hamster, looking good! I dwld'd Xpress & Duece last night, and Jaydee to answer your question, I haven't had time to set it. Btw, I'm also really enjoying Dark Tril
    I now have 3 of Al3's themes I haven't set yet, Xpress, Duece & random. I like NewBerry, but I think DT is my fav right now

02-01-11 11:34 AM
    Now my Beweather Free is acting the same way?? Was working fine up until now
    well, I'm glad I'm not alone. Lol. I guess maybe BeWeather could be having issues.

02-01-11 11:35 AM
    oh ok! Thanks for this! maybe I will try this setting if it gets weird on me again.
    Btw hamster, looking good! I dwld'd Xpress & Duece last night, and Jaydee to answer your question, I haven't had time to set it. Btw, I'm also really enjoying Dark Tril
    I now have 3 of Al3's themes I haven't set yet, Xpress, Duece & random.

Me too! I tend to change weekly
    02-01-11 11:37 AM
    Me too! I tend to change weekly
    that's prob what I'll wind up doing eventually.
    Speaking of which I have a question about the themes if anyone can answer, When you set a theme and put the icons where you want on say dark Tril as example, and then you change to 'Random' set the icons, and then decide to go back to DT, do the icons stay where they were set from when you change back to it?
    I hope that made sense. Lol

02-01-11 11:44 AM
    that's prob what I'll wind up doing eventually.
    Speaking of which I have a question about the themes if anyone can answer, When you set a theme and put the icons where you want on say dark Tril as example, and then you change to 'Random' set the icons, and then decide to go back to DT, do the icons stay where they were set from when you change back to it?
    I hope that made sense. Lol

Yes they do...at least for me
    I'm glad too otherwise it could be bothersome
    02-01-11 11:47 AM
    Yes they do...at least for me
    I'm glad too otherwise it could be bothersome
    ohhh great! I was hoping they would "hold" their place in between switch-a-roo'ing! Lol! thanks hamster!
    Can ya tell I'm such a noob at these themes?!?! LOL

02-01-11 11:57 AM
    I'm not P1nk, but here is mine!!

Thanks Hamster! It makes me want this theme even more to see it!
    My 3 fave icons and the weather plus a lot of screen real estate. Hmmm...I might have to send Al3azim a box of snow in exchange for the OS6 version. Sound like a fair trade?
    02-01-11 12:04 PM

I now have 3 of Al3's themes I haven't set yet, Xpress, Duece & random. I like NewBerry, but I think DT is my fav right now

Pink, I had that same problem! Never knew which I liked the best...AFTER Newberry!
    Have you tried his Sidebar, Around, Change, Droid Popup or Stormy-x, or Simple-X yet?

Keep going girl! You got a lot to see yet!!!
    02-01-11 12:08 PM
    My 3 fave icons and the weather plus a lot of screen real estate. Hmmm...I might have to send Al3azim a box of snow in exchange for the OS6 version. Sound like a fair trade?
    sounds fair to me! I can even lend you some of my snow as well!

Pink, I had that same problem! Never knew which I liked the best...AFTER Newberry!
    Have you tried his Sidebar, Around, Change, Droid Popup or Stormy-x, or Simple-X yet?

Keep going girl! You got a lot to see yet!!!
    OMG! your gonna kill me with loading up all these themes! Lmao!

02-01-11 12:14 PM
    Here is a skinned over and dressed up stock BB6 theme:

Not free though. As pretty as the OS5 converted themes are, they all feel like a step backwards to me.

02-01-11 12:38 PM
    I'll take some of the snow but being a fair trade.... I have to think about that
    02-01-11 12:39 PM
    Yes, I do!!!! Wish I had snow to contribute
    02-01-11 12:50 PM
    sounds fair to me! I can even lend you some of my snow as well!

OMG! your gonna kill me with loading up all these themes! Lmao!

Jaydee..you have created the Pink Theme Machine!
    02-01-11 12:53 PM
    Not having a problem with the weather updating but am having a problem the last few days with my GPS location. At home it keeps updating for Odessa Delaware which is roughly 25 miles from me. If I go to work it updates location correctly there (not Odessa). But after I come home it tends to continue updating from work location. For the first couple days if I rebooted my phone it updated correctly at home until I left home again. Now when I reboot it just goes back to the Odessa location when at home.
    02-01-11 12:53 PM
    I'll take some of the snow but being a fair trade.... I have to think about that
    I've got some snow to spare here in SD, I can even throw some nice, cool, crisp air in the box with it! It's -2 right now with -24 wind chills but supposed to get cold tomorrow! Calling for -22 with -41 wind chills early tomorrow morning.
    02-01-11 12:56 PM
    Jaydee..you have created the Pink Theme Machine!
    LOL! That rhymes!

02-01-11 01:12 PM
    I've bought so many themes from different people for OS5, all on CB/mobihand. Does anyone know if there is a way to get those removed? They aren't likely to update to a version I would like, and they make up about 80% of my app purchases.
    02-01-11 01:15 PM
    Not having a problem with the weather updating but am having a problem the last few days with my GPS location. At home it keeps updating for Odessa Delaware which is roughly 25 miles from me. If I go to work it updates location correctly there (not Odessa). But after I come home it tends to continue updating from work location. For the first couple days if I rebooted my phone it updated correctly at home until I left home again. Now when I reboot it just goes back to the Odessa location when at home.
    I don't know to much about the GSP, but in the GSP screen, are your settings---1) GSP Data Source: "device gsp" 2) Device Status: "location on" and 3) Location Aiding: "Enabled"

Other than that, I don't know what else to think of.

02-01-11 01:17 PM
23,186 ... 395396397398399 ...